PDA

View Full Version : Joe Paterno

Red Dog
01-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Just heard Jo-Pa died at 9:20am or so today. Coached, produced great players at line-backer university, and had tenure and a record that may never be beaten.

G-Men Surg.
01-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Sad, heard the news. RIP JOEPA !

jimsgints
01-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Rest in peace JoePa.. You will be missed.

BParcells777
01-22-2012, 03:06 PM
May he RIP I wonder how Mike and Mike feel now

stupid IDIOTS

you're not guilty until proven guilty in this country

Medisleman
01-22-2012, 04:16 PM
He will be remembered by all those children Sandusky molested as the man who allowed it to happen because he never did anything to stop a known child molester from running a children's charity.

Sad but true, this trumps all of his football success, and makes his coaching career meaningless.

Medisleman
01-22-2012, 04:17 PM

stupid IDIOTS

By the way bud, JoePa admitted to knowing about Sandusky and not doing anything about it. So he is guilty.

DragonSoul
01-22-2012, 04:23 PM
He will be remembered by all those children Sandusky molested as the man who allowed it to happen because he never did anything to stop a known child molester from running a children's charity.*

Sad but true, this trumps all of his football success, and makes his coaching career meaningless.
agreed. He was not a young man to not know what to do. There is no excuse. It was loyalty and one of the few times loyalty should have no barring

Martyr
01-22-2012, 04:26 PM
He will be remembered by all those children Sandusky molested as the man who allowed it to happen because he never did anything to stop a known child molester from running a children's charity.*

+1 he earns are part of the shame

BParcells777
01-22-2012, 04:26 PM
he reported it to his supervisors

he did not personally witness the attacks.....also the witness admitted he left out the details

could he have done more

maybe maybe not.........anything you or I of the mikes say is hearsay

this is why we have a justice system.....Joepa got the lynch mob treatment

DragonSoul
01-22-2012, 04:30 PM

he did not personally witness the attacks.....also the witness admitted he left out the details

could he have done more

Whatever you need to tell yourself. Imagine if it was one of your kids.

You wouldn't happen to have attended Penn state?

DragonSoul
01-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Btw the only people who are defending him are the sad people of penn state and alumni. The rest see where he went wrong.

I had not said much about this till we heard more on it. He said himself in an interview he didn't know who to tell. Sorry old bag but you are not a kid or young guy. No excuses for you.

stormblue
01-22-2012, 04:57 PM
the simple fact that Pedd State relieved him of his duties after they're own internal investigation tells you all you need to know.

it wasn't about what he did.
it was about what he didn't do.

it goes back to that old adage about what evil
can do when good men do nothing.

he was a God there , he had the power to shut it down....and did not ....he decided his own legacy.

SRTtoZ
01-22-2012, 05:00 PM
Couldnt care less. Firstly, he lived a good long life, which most of us wont do, and secondly, he did nothing while innocent children were being molested in the schools showers. Its easy to feel bad for a guy who was THIS old and could barely even hear or speak correctly, but it is what it is.

FBomb
01-22-2012, 05:03 PM
He will be remembered by all those children Sandusky molested as the man who allowed it to happen because he never did anything to stop a known child molester from running a children's charity.

</P>

And it should. There were SEVERAL lives ruined because he looked the other way to save face. It will forver be afactor in their daily decision making. Anyone making light of it has no idea what severe damage it does to someone.....especially to young males,</P>

BlueSanta
01-22-2012, 05:10 PM

stupid IDIOTS

Huh?

Im sad to see him pass. He was a brilliant coach.

But how does his passing lessen his involvement in this tragedy? Even Joe himself said it was the biggest regret of his life. Mike and Mike's opinions will not change 1 bit.

younggiant
01-22-2012, 05:12 PM

</P>

And it should.* There were SEVERAL lives ruined because he looked the other way to save face.* It will forver be a*factor in their daily decision making.* Anyone making light of it has no idea what severe damage it does to someone.....especially to young males,</P>
This
Especially me being a mother and something happen to my child and i knew school officials (including Joe) tried to cover it up or not do the right thing...I would be highly disturbed and upset.

the_fish62
01-22-2012, 05:14 PM
Mike and Mike FTW

BlueSanta
01-22-2012, 05:17 PM

could he have done more

If you ever witness, or learn of an offense like this your duty is not to report it to your boss, it is to report it to the police.

I know it wont happen but Penn State's program should be suspended for a decade or even given the death penalty. There has never been a worse offense by any football program....ever. Nor has there ever been, to quote the NCAA, a better example of "a lack of institutional control".

In 1987 SMU's football program was given the death penalty for repeat offenses of paying players. If you can convince me this isnt worse than that, you need to run for president.

giantyankee1976
01-22-2012, 06:24 PM
mixed feelings on this one.

He was, historically, a Good Guy for so many DECADES; but the crimes that took place under his Watch have truly tarnished his Legacy.

It's sad really.

Red Dog
01-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Molestation? College aged students are not little children. And it was said that even tho Sandusky and the student were disciovered in the shower by the asst coach who said, after I discovered them they just stared at me and continued. How old does one have to be to be considered old enought to know what is happening and say NO, or be responsible for his actions? But to continue the act even tho caught suggests not molestation but male to male attraction by both parties. the subject of the post was nothing more than an announcxement of Joee's death but like most posts on this board the idiots took over and turned it into slime. Perhaps y'all can rerspond to his obituary the same way when it appears in the newspaper.
All;; of these wah-wah college aged students who now complain (for money and notiriety) are all old enought o say "NO I don't want to", but they don't so figure it out

GMENAGAIN
01-23-2012, 09:39 AM

could he have done more

</P>

He's already stated that he should have done more, so what's your point?</P>

GMENAGAIN
01-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Molestation? College aged students are not little children. And it was said that even tho Sandusky and the student were disciovered in the shower by the asst coach who said, after I discovered them they just stared at me and continued. How old does one have to be to be considered old enought to know what is happening and say NO, or be responsible for his actions? But to continue the act even tho caught suggests not molestation but male to male attraction by both parties. the subject of the post was nothing more than an announcxement of Joee's death but like most posts on this board the idiots took over and turned it into slime. Perhaps y'all can rerspond to his obituary the same way when it appears in the newspaper. All;; of these wah-wah college aged students who now complain (for money and notiriety) are all old enought o say "NO I don't want to", but they don't so figure it out</P>

Get your facts straight you ****ing idiot.</P>

The boy in the shower was 10 years old. </P>

Red Dog
01-23-2012, 03:08 PM
"Get your facts straight you *** idiot.

The boy in the shower was 10 years old."

Where did you get that from, what is your source seeing as the asst football coach at Penn State made the discovery in the Penn State locker-room?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vcruz2013
01-23-2012, 03:17 PM

Where did you get that from, what is your source seeing as the asst football coach at Penn State made the discovery in the Penn State locker-room?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, before you comment on a situation as heated and controversial as this one, you should at least know what the hell you're talking about.

vcruz2013
01-23-2012, 03:22 PM

You know, before you comment on a situation as heated and controversial as this one, you should at least know what the hell you're talking about.

already starting to go against my sig... i'll be more polite. Read the reports before crowning the man. They were young boys from a program run by Sandusky. Paterno heard the rumors but chose to simply tell only the campus security and a few of his "superiors" (implying there was anyone more superior in power than Paterno at PSU).

He should have contacted actual authority, actual police, and had an actual investigation launched. If anything, he should have went to the board and had Sandusky removed the day he heard about it. But winning some football games was vastly more important.

GMENAGAIN
01-23-2012, 04:04 PM
"Get your facts straight you *** idiot. The boy in the shower was 10 years old." Where did you get that from, what is your source seeing as the asst football coach at Penn State made the discovery in the Penn State locker-room? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------</P>

Where did I get that from???? How about from every single report on this matter(thousands of them) over the last few months. </P>

Obviously, you knew absolutely nothing about this matter before you chose to create a poststating that the act with the boy in the shower was consensual.</P>

In the future, you can avoid looking like such a god damn fool on suchsensitive issues if you try to have some****ing clue of what you are talking about before you post. . . . . . </P>

FBomb
01-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Molestation? College aged students are not little children. And it was said that even tho Sandusky and the student were disciovered in the shower by the asst coach who said, after I discovered them they just stared at me and continued. How old does one have to be to be considered old enought to know what is happening and say NO, or be responsible for his actions? But to continue the act even tho caught suggests not molestation but male to male attraction by both parties. the subject of the post was nothing more than an announcxement of Joee's death but like most posts on this board the idiots took over and turned it into slime. Perhaps y'all can rerspond to his obituary the same way when it appears in the newspaper. All;; of these wah-wah college aged students who now complain (for money and notiriety) are all old enought o say "NO I don't want to", but they don't so figure it out</P>

If the situation wasn't so tragic I would have had a great laugh at what I believe is the text book example of head up one's ***.</P>

Please go read something before commenting. This was really bad.</P>