PDA

View Full Version : Do you even want to make the playoffs? Be honest

NYG4lifeNYK
11-30-2011, 05:17 AM
To be sincerely honest part of me hops we lose out & get the best draft pick we possibly can....... with the dreadful defense & anemic run game caused by an abysmal O-line..... I just don't see any chance in hell of doing anything in the playoffs.

I also want Kevin Gilbride & most of our position coaches gone, so I will sign up for whatever that takes.I feel pretty adamant about Fewell being shown the door as well. The players don't play hard for him which is shocking to see when his players in Buffalo went to war for him.

I want to sweep Dallas so we have bragging rights & whip that pathetic smirk off Romo's face. Other than that I wouldn't even mind us losing to Washington....

Then again I don't want to keep hearing about this God forsaken "second half collapse year after year"

I'm kind of torn... the die hard fan in me want us to win every game.. but it's best for our team to get a better draft selection.

giantsfan420
11-30-2011, 05:46 AM
are you serious with this bs? of course I want to make the playoffs.

If we get there, it'll be bc Eli is playing his heart out or bc the rest of the team finally shows up.

We make the playoffs, its a whole new season. And we have a QB who can actually take us to the promise land.

I absolutely want to make the playoffs. Lose out to get better draft picks??? You serious with that??/

NYG4lifeNYK
11-30-2011, 06:01 AM

If we get there, it'll be bc Eli is playing his heart out or bc the rest of the team finally shows up.

We make the playoffs, its a whole new season. And we have a QB who can actually take us to the promise land.

I absolutely want to make the playoffs. Lose out to get better draft picks??? You serious with that??/

I'm absolutely serious & I'm as die hard a fan as they come.

We have such poor poor coaching aside from Coughlin. Our O-line & defense is atrocious. Thus we have NO running game. We aren't getting any pressure on any QB we play. You're thinking somethings got to give? We've seen all we have to give aside from the NE game.

Now I have no idea what the FO's plan is to do with the coaches on this team however let me propose this to you. Would you rather win more games & have Gilbride as our OC again or lose enough games to where he's shown the door.

Fewell is also pretty bad. We need new coaches aside from a very select few position coaches.

redbeardxxv
11-30-2011, 07:08 AM

I'm absolutely serious & I'm as die hard a fan as they come.

We have such poor poor coaching aside from Coughlin. Our O-line & defense is atrocious. Thus we have NO running game. We aren't getting any pressure on any QB we play. You're thinking somethings got to give? We've seen all we have to give aside from the NE game.

Now I have no idea what the FO's plan is to do with the coaches on this team however let me propose this to you. Would you rather win more games & have Gilbride as our OC again or lose enough games to where he's shown the door.

Fewell is also pretty bad. We need new coaches aside from a very select few position coaches.

I unfortunately have to agree. I'd love it if we beat GB, but then lost every other game. The Cowboys have no shot in the playoffs anyway. We get better picks next year, the coaching staff gets canned, and we start a new era in GIANTS football.

jparmer
11-30-2011, 07:12 AM
I have to agree as well. My philosophy is if we don't win the superbowl there is no reason to be in the playoffs. Second, third or fourth Best gets u nothing but a higher draft Pick. We aren't playing together as a team. And our injuries are mounting.

threenout
11-30-2011, 08:11 AM
Team Bewilderment, that's the 2011 G-men.

This team, this organization has no reason to think playoffs. Not as a division winner or wild card.
They are in the process of yet another 2nd half collapse. It's become standard operating procedure
for this group.

The Packer game really is meaningless. This is scary when you consider the Giant's performance in meaningful games.

I for one have seen enough of this group and will not waste my time anymore watching them. Hope they tank the remaining games in the season. They are well on their way. Let the house cleaning begin.

jakegibbs
11-30-2011, 08:26 AM
To be sincerely honest part of me hops we lose out & get the best draft pick we possibly can....... with the dreadful defense & anemic run game caused by an abysmal O-line..... I just don't see any chance in hell of doing anything in the playoffs.

I also want Kevin Gilbride & most of our position coaches gone, so I will sign up for whatever that takes.I feel pretty adamant about Fewell being shown the door as well. The players don't play hard for him which is shocking to see when his players in Buffalo went to war for him.

I want to sweep Dallas so we have bragging rights & whip that pathetic smirk off Romo's face. Other than that I wouldn't even mind us losing to Washington....

Then again I don't want to keep hearing about this God forsaken "second half collapse year after year"

I'm kind of torn... the die hard fan in me want us to win every game.. but it's best for our team to get a better draft selection.

Do I want them to make the playoffs>

Uh YES of course how else can a team win a SB unless the get into the playoffs.

What kind of question is that to a Giants fan?

yoeddy
11-30-2011, 08:32 AM

I want a Super Bowl win. Can't get there if we're not in the playoffs.

Run the table and win it all...

tonyt830
11-30-2011, 08:42 AM
yes of course a playoff berth would be great! But its going to be a tough road to get there. And if we were to get a berth, I don't foresee a deep playoff run unless our D is sured up and we can run the ball for more than 50 yards a game.

Then another thing to keep in mind---if the Giants make the playoffs, does that save Coughlin's job, meaning we are stuck with Gilbride and Fewell next year?

I guess you gotta weigh the pros with the cons.

foosball
11-30-2011, 08:50 AM
Uhhh yes. Duh.

thomsoad
11-30-2011, 08:51 AM

I know what you are saying but think about this for a second: IF the Giants made the playoffs that would mean we would have at the least beat either the Packers, Cowboys (once), and Skins... Worst case would be Cowboys (twice) and the Skins. Which would mean we were the best team in the NFC East.... So yes ... i do want them to go to the playoffs.

Just for the sole reason of either stopping the Packs undefeated streak or snubbing the Cowboys twice.

PIERCEnumber58rules
11-30-2011, 08:56 AM
Are you kidding me? Heck yeah I wanna make the playoffs!

CDN_G-FAN
11-30-2011, 08:57 AM
i'd like to see them play well for the rest of the season simply because it will say something about this roster that i currently believe is riddled with entitlement and a embarrassing lack of personal accountability.</P>

we can fire the coaches, but the part that's most shocking is that players on this defense have decided its ok to just mail it in.</P>

some fans will say that's on the coaches, and that's part of the problem.</P>

I'd rather be Miami right now than the Giants. They lose just as many games, if not more than we do, but they sure as HELL look like they're clawing with their fingernails for that inch (reference intented).</P>

if this roster needs a coaching staff to have the personal pride of their effort and passion in games, then its only a matter of time before they find another reason to quit.</P>

i'm close to wanting the whole thing blown up. We're not just losing, we're quitting. AGAIN.</P>

GMENAGAIN
11-30-2011, 09:11 AM

Wishing for your team to lose out so that people get fired and we get a good draft pick is just dumb.

TuckYou
11-30-2011, 09:16 AM
dang, I thought I was Mr. Negativity.
Hell yeah I want this team in the playoffs.
Who honestly thought we could win it all in 07-08? We barely snuck in and then rolled. The final game of the regular season gave us momentum and confidence. THE FINAL GAME! Guess what, this team has the talent if it could get healthy. If we are playing week 17 vs Dallas for the division, and we go all out, it could take us through to the other side. Now, of course, I have not seen the hunt in this team at all this season except vs the Pats, but it is what it is. Get into the playoffs and you never know.

NOTE* The only time I would ever not care as much if we lost is when we are eliminated from the playoffs. Then it is like, eh we lost, but we move up in the draft. Until then, keep fighting.

JimC
11-30-2011, 09:20 AM
I absolutely want to win the division and get into the playoffs......how can you be a fan and NOT want that?

PIERCEnumber58rules
11-30-2011, 09:29 AM
i'd like to see them play well for the rest of the season simply because it will say something about this roster that i currently believe is riddled with entitlement and a embarrassing lack of personal accountability.</P>

we can fire the coaches, but the part that's most shocking is that players on this defense have decided its ok to just mail it in.</P>

I'd rather be Miami right now than the Giants.* They lose just as many games, if not more than we do, but they sure as HELL look like they're clawing with their fingernails for that inch (reference intented).</P>

if this roster needs a coaching staff to have the personal pride of their effort and passion in games, then its only a matter of time before they find another reason to quit.</P>

i'm close to wanting the whole thing blown up.* We're not just losing, we're quitting.* AGAIN.</P>

Good post. That pretty much sums up the way alot of us feel. I don't know what the frig is wrong with our defense, but quitting is unacceptable.

gumby742
11-30-2011, 09:35 AM
I've thrown the towel in for this season. I don't have the time to lose sleep over this team. We just had our second kid and I have a lot more to worry about then some crap team that doesn't show up.</P>

Keep in mindthough that in 2007, we were pretty crap coming in also and then ran the table. Just not as crap as this. We at leasthad a top 5 defense. Eli and the offense were the big question marks. This time it's opposite. Eli is great and the defense is a big question mark.</P>

thomsoad
11-30-2011, 09:45 AM

I'd rather be Miami right now than the Giants.* They lose just as many games, if not more than we do, but they sure as HELL look like they're clawing with their fingernails for that inch (reference intented).</P>

i'm close to wanting the whole thing blown up.* We're not just losing, we're quitting.* AGAIN.</P>

I guess this is where I disagree. I just flat out dont think that this team is quitting. Outmatched and quitting are not the same thing. No matter how this defense played it woulda been a blowout.

Do you really believe if we blitzed the whole time Rolle, Prince, Ross,Grant, and even Webster woulda held up against Sproles, Colston, Meachem, Henderson, and Graham the whole game?? Our talent just is not up to snuff against an offensive juggernaut like that. One missed "jam" and its lights out for our secondary. Hate to say it but we had no chance... Absolutely no chance. Saints put in 5 OL for max protect for 3 second drops and send out 5...No way we beat that with what we have.

RonJon
11-30-2011, 10:32 AM

Spoken by a true loser fan.

SweetZombieJesus
11-30-2011, 10:35 AM
2004: miss playoffs
2005: lose 1st round at home 23-0
2006: lose 1st round 23-20
2007: magic year
2008: lost 1st round at home 23-10
2009: miss playoffs
2010: miss playoffs

honorable mention: lose last ever game at Giants Stadium 41-9

evidence says we either miss the playoffs or suffer a heartbreaking non-performance. If that's what we're going to do AGAIN, then let's just get it over with, miss the playoffs for the 3rd straight year, and move on.

I have no problem with hard-fought losses. I do have a problem with surrenders, which this team under Tom Coughlin does repeatedly when it matters most, especially in the playoffs. NO MAS.

I'm not falling for it again, Lucy.

http://garciamedialife.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/charlie_brown_lucy_football.jpg

NYG4lifeNYK
11-30-2011, 03:50 PM
To be sincerely honest part of me hops we lose out &amp; get the best draft pick we possibly can....... with the dreadful defense &amp; anemic run game caused by an abysmal O-line..... I just don't see any chance in hell of doing anything in the playoffs.

I also want Kevin Gilbride &amp; most of our position coaches gone, so I will sign up for whatever that takes.I feel pretty adamant about Fewell being shown the door as well. The players don't play hard for him which is shocking to see when his players in Buffalo went to war for him.

I want to sweep Dallas so we have bragging rights &amp; whip that pathetic smirk off Romo's face. Other than that I wouldn't even mind us losing to Washington....

I know what you are saying but think about this for a second: IF the Giants made the playoffs that would mean we would have at the least beat either the Packers, Cowboys (once), and Skins... Worst case would be Cowboys (twice) and the Skins. Which would mean we were the best team in the NFC East.... So yes ... i do want them to go to the playoffs.

Just for the sole reason of either stopping the Packs undefeated streak or snubbing the Cowboys twice.

I feel the same way... however we have LOADS of talent on this team &amp; poor coaching. It's a terrible mix. I don't want us fans or players to be trapped in exile with this below mediocre coaching staff.

I want to make the playoffs more than anyone however I have to be realistic &amp; look at our chances. We have so many glaring gaping holes staring us in the face that I just can't see how we could possibly fix them at this point &amp; win the Super Bowl.

I'm a very optimistic fan but in this situation the cards are folding quick.

NYG4lifeNYK
11-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Wishing for your team to lose out so that people get fired and we get a good draft pick is just dumb.

I'm not wishing anything. I'm still going to be watching every game rooting as hard as I always do with a beer in hand &amp; Giants blue pumping through my veins.

I can NEVER root against this team no matter if we needed Andrew Luck.

NYG4lifeNYK
11-30-2011, 03:54 PM
I absolutely want to win the division and get into the playoffs......how can you be a fan and NOT want that?

Because you have to look at the bigger picture &amp; what's best for this team. I want success too but I also want better players &amp; better coaches.

NYG4lifeNYK
11-30-2011, 03:55 PM
To be sincerely honest part of me hops we lose out &amp; get the best draft pick we possibly can....... with the dreadful defense &amp; anemic run game caused by an abysmal O-line..... I just don't see any chance in hell of doing anything in the playoffs.

I also want Kevin Gilbride &amp; most of our position coaches gone, so I will sign up for whatever that takes.I feel pretty adamant about Fewell being shown the door as well. The players don't play hard for him which is shocking to see when his players in Buffalo went to war for him.

I want to sweep Dallas so we have bragging rights &amp; whip that pathetic smirk off Romo's face. Other than that I wouldn't even mind us losing to Washington....

Lol.. you don't know me at all, please don't jump to conclusions &amp; question my fanhood.

jomo
11-30-2011, 03:56 PM
I understand the reasoning but I always want to make the playoffs. Our issues will need to be addressed regardless of what happens from here forward.

RonJon
11-30-2011, 04:26 PM

Lol.. you don't know me at all, please don't jump to conclusions & question my fanhood.

LOL! The title of your post tells me all I need to know about you

jppmvp90
01-25-2012, 09:21 PM
hate this theory

TuckYou
01-25-2012, 11:03 PM
dang, I thought I was Mr. Negativity.
Hell yeah I want this team in the playoffs.
Who honestly thought we could win it all in 07-08? We barely snuck in and then rolled. The final game of the regular season gave us momentum and confidence. THE FINAL GAME! Guess what, this team has the talent if it could get healthy. If we are playing week 17 vs Dallas for the division, and we go all out, it could take us through to the other side. Now, of course, I have not seen the hunt in this team at all this season except vs the Pats, but it is what it is. Get into the playoffs and you never know.

NOTE* The only time I would ever not care as much if we lost is when we are eliminated from the playoffs. Then it is like, eh we lost, but we move up in the draft. Until then, keep fighting.

Well if we are bumping old threads, might as well sound good huh, lol

giantsfan420
01-25-2012, 11:06 PM

look what eli playing his heart out + the defense showing up = Super Bowl (soon to be victory)

GMENAGAIN
01-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Damn . . . rough bump.