PDA

View Full Version : If we lose the Green Bay Game Coughlin should announe his RETIREMENT

a50yrfan
11-30-2011, 10:31 AM
And thanks for the memories Tom we all appreciate what you have done. But its time to move on. We never had a good defense except when Spagnola was the DC. So your success was largely the result of his being there. I'm for Bill Cowher or John Gruden. We had better move on this because Philly may be firing Ried and we may lose Cowher or Gruden to them.We also need a new DC. Our defense looks totally confused and was unprepared on Monday night. thats coaching folks. When you lose that badly its a preparation problem.

MattMeyerBud
11-30-2011, 10:32 AM
And thanks for the memories Tom we all appreciate what you have done. But its time to move on. We never had a good defense except when Spagnola was the DC. So your success was largely the result of his being there. I'm for Bill Cowher or John Gruden. We had better move on this because Philly may be firing Ried and we may lose Cowher or Gruden to them.We also need a new DC. Our defense looks totally confused and was unprepared on Monday night. thats coaching folks. When you lose that badly its a preparation problem.

that would be kind of stupid seeing as how it has no bearing on whether we get into the playoffs or not, the 4 games after that do

RonJon
11-30-2011, 10:33 AM
and how many SBs have Cowher and Gruden won? What was that? I couldn't heaar you. Oh right. Same number as Coughlin. Thanks

a50yrfan
11-30-2011, 10:42 AM
and how many SBs have Cowher and Gruden won? What was that? I couldn't heaar you. Oh right. Same number as Coughlin. Thanks

Cowher is 12-9 in playoff competition as well as the 1 Super Bowl and you never saw a Cowher team get blown away like Monday Night.

Redeyejedi
11-30-2011, 10:59 AM
In case U guys havent noticed the Giants are a mediocre football team. I had them at 9-7 before the season. Talent wise there not as good as the Saints or Packers its as simple as that

Ruttiger711
11-30-2011, 11:15 AM
In case U guys havent noticed the Giants are a mediocre football team. I had them at 9-7 before the season. Talent wise there not as good as the Saints or Packers its as simple as that</P>

</P>

Just curious if that 9-7 changed after all the injuries. </P>

RonJon
11-30-2011, 11:17 AM
you also never saw a Cowher team deal with so many critical injuries either and survive.

RagTime Blue
11-30-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm predicting 8-8. Maybe we beat the Cowboys once on emotion alone. . .perhaps BJ's last great game as a Giant. And I can't see us getting swept by Washington.

jaygoon
11-30-2011, 11:23 AM
If we win the OP should retire from the NY Giants fan base.

MattMeyerBud
11-30-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm predicting 8-8. Maybe we beat the Cowboys once on emotion alone. . .perhaps BJ's last great game as a Giant. And I can't see us getting swept by Washington.

i think worst case is 9 wins...

GMENAGAIN
11-30-2011, 12:07 PM

that would be kind of stupid seeing as how it has no bearing on whether we get into the playoffs or not, the 4 games after that do
</P>

+100</P>

</P>

thomsoad
11-30-2011, 12:36 PM
In case U guys havent noticed the Giants are a mediocre football team. I had them at 9-7 before the season. Talent wise there not as good as the Saints or Packers its as simple as that</P>

*</P>

Just curious if that 9-7 changed after all the injuries.* </P>

The sad thing is from what I remember in the beginning of the season we all pretty much felt 9-7 was the realistic prediction. For the most part we beat the easy part of our schedule. Now that we have the tough part everyone is crying about who should be fired. I cant fathom how people thought we would breeze thru this second half of the season.

Marvelousmik
11-30-2011, 12:40 PM
<h2 class="CommonTitle"><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr__ctl0___ForumName"><font color="#0000FF">
When</font> we lose the Green Bay Game Coughlin should announe his RETIREMENT</span></h2>

</p>

You made a typo so i fixed it for ya buddy [;)]
</p>

Mr Excitement
11-30-2011, 12:51 PM

Cowher is 12-9 in playoff competition as well as the 1 Super Bowl and you never saw a Cowher team get blown away like Monday Night.

Cowher is a winner ....been to 2 Superbowls winning one....his teams always had a damn good chance of going all the way every year....the Steeler fans didnt have to hold their breath evey year wondering if another 2nd half collapse was coming,or if the stars line up the right way we will be in the playoffs....his teams took care of business and got to the playoffs every year...

yoeddy
11-30-2011, 01:28 PM

Cowher is a winner ....been to 2 Superbowls winning one....his teams always had a damn good chance of going all the way every year....the Steeler fans didnt have to hold their breath evey year wondering if another 2nd half collapse was coming,or if the stars line up the right way we will be in the playoffs....his teams took care of business and got to the playoffs every year...

What about the 5 seasons that they missed the playoffs?

BigBlueOnes
11-30-2011, 01:31 PM

Give it a rest. Another Gruden Cowher person, seriously?? Go back to your hole, do folks NEVER get tired of the same mantra??? TC is a good coach, he's going nowhere. Lose Fewell and bring back Spags or a new DC with some attack dog in them (and a healthy roster) and we're good.

BigBlueOnes
11-30-2011, 01:31 PM

Give it a rest. Another Gruden Cowher person, seriously?? Go back to your hole, do folks NEVER get tired of the same mantra??? TC is a good coach, he's going nowhere. Lose Fewell and bring back Spags or a new DC with some attack dog in them (and a healthy roster) and we're good.

BigBlue1971
11-30-2011, 01:34 PM
And thanks for the memories Tom we all appreciate what you have done. But its time to move on. We never had a good defense except when Spagnola was the DC. So your success was largely the result of his being there. I'm for Bill Cowher or John Gruden. We had better move on this because Philly may be firing Ried and we may lose Cowher or Gruden to them.We also need a new DC. Our defense looks totally confused and was unprepared on Monday night. thats coaching folks. When you lose that badly its a preparation problem.</P>

</P>

TC may be some of the problem, but Fewell and his system is the major problem.</P>

if any pre-announcement is made it should be Fewell.</P>

but who knows whats gonna happen. </P>

just wait until the season is over before speculating on TC or any other coaches. </P>

BigBlueOnes
11-30-2011, 01:37 PM
Answer this question for me: who was Cowher's defensive coordinator?? I'm not sure, so maybe you could look that up for me because I"m sure we could learn something from that.

yoeddy
11-30-2011, 01:40 PM

If Tom announced his retirement, Tiki Barber would slam him for not waiting til the end of the season to make the announcement...

MattMeyerBud
11-30-2011, 01:40 PM

so that means hes averaging the playoffs twice out of every three years

12 total playoff wins in 15 years .

Besides 07 Coughlin has done nothing. Can't take away a superbowl win, which i understand and thats th reason he wasn't canned in 09....

Cowher has been successful in the NFL, there is no doubts about that

yoeddy
11-30-2011, 01:50 PM

Besides 07 Coughlin has done nothing.* Can't take away a superbowl win, which i* understand and thats th reason he wasn't canned in 09....

He's been out of the NFL for 5 years...is there any track-record of an NFL coach who has been out of the league for that long coming back and being successful?

MattMeyerBud
11-30-2011, 01:52 PM

Besides 07 Coughlin has done nothing. Can't take away a superbowl win, which i understand and thats th reason he wasn't canned in 09....

He's been out of the NFL for 5 years...is there any track-record of an NFL coach who has been out of the league for that long coming back and being successful?

http://kaitlyngraber.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/9153-bill_parcells_signing_miami_dolphins_vp_football_o perations.jpg

hadenough
11-30-2011, 01:55 PM

That's the enitre problem with TC....know one wants to be his coordinator.

Everyone in the league knows he could be done any year. That was the problem when they got rid of Sheridan. Fewell was really their only hope cause no one else wanted the job.

If TC stays the coordinators will be no different.

BigBlueOnes
11-30-2011, 02:03 PM

Everyone in the league knows he could be done any year. That was the problem when they got rid of Sheridan. Fewell was really their only hope cause no one else wanted the job.

I think you're incorrect. I don't recall the Giants FO even calling many folks for the job. I remember fans on here wishing for "this guy" or "that guy" but as far as I could see nobody from the FO called them in for an interview. So blame has to also go on Reese here.

thomsoad
11-30-2011, 02:04 PM

Besides 07 Coughlin has done nothing.* Can't take away a superbowl win, which i* understand and thats th reason he wasn't canned in 09....

D I CK VERMEIL

yoeddy
11-30-2011, 02:07 PM
When did Parcells leave the NFL for 5 years and then comeback successful?

yoeddy
11-30-2011, 02:08 PM

D I CK VERMEIL

Is he the exception or the rule?

GameTime
11-30-2011, 02:11 PM
guess the other 11 coaches who lost to the Pack should have gotten canned too....

hadenough
11-30-2011, 02:32 PM

I think you're incorrect. I don't recall the Giants FO even calling many folks for the job. I remember fans on here wishing for "this guy" or "that guy" but as far as I could see nobody from the FO called them in for an interview. So blame has to also go on Reese here.

It's Coughlin's decision who is his coordinator

thomsoad
11-30-2011, 03:04 PM

D I CK VERMEIL

Is he the exception or the rule?

That wasnt the question asked.

jppmvp90
01-25-2012, 09:13 PM
yes yes he may retire after all lol