PDA

View Full Version : The reason Coughlin should be fired unless we make it to the NFCC

MattMeyerBud
11-30-2011, 01:12 PM
19 and 37

That is Coughlins records up to date to this very week, as Giants head coach vs teams that finished with a winning record.

I didn't include teams that finished 8-8, we are 7 and 6 vs teams that finished 8 & 8.

If that doesn't tell the story about this team being overplayed and out coached then I dont know what does. But the fact remains that it is all about winning and in my eyes a trip to the NFC championship is the only thing that should save him

GameTime
11-30-2011, 01:18 PM
19 and 37

That is Coughlins records up to date to this very week, as Giants head coach vs teams that finished with a winning record.

I didn't include teams that finished 8-8, we are 7 and 6 vs teams that finished 8 & 8.

If that doesn't tell the story about this team being overplayed and out coached then I dont know what does. But the fact remains that it is all about winning and in my eyes a trip to the NFC championship is the only thing that should save him
</P>

The Giants wont even win the division.</P>

I am not a hater nor a nay sayer but with what they have shown and how much they need to improve. Its just not happening. </P>

For those who thinkthey will have a great game vs the Pack and it will be a spring board to a hot streak is ridiculous. Its not in the cards guys. The dont have heart nor the talent in key spots. </P>

This team will not flip a switch and suddenly be very good. The issues are too deep and will be purged after the season. </P>

However.....Until then I will root for them till my lungs bleed......Go Giants!!!</P>

Eli TO Shockey
11-30-2011, 01:19 PM
19 and 37

If that doesn't tell the story about this team being overplayed and out coached then I dont know what does.* But the fact remains that it is all about winning and in my eyes a trip to the NFC championship is the only thing that should save him

19-37?

yoeddy
11-30-2011, 01:20 PM
How many of these threads do we need?

MattMeyerBud
11-30-2011, 01:22 PM
19 and 37

I didn't include teams that finished 8-8, we are 7 and 6 vs teams that finished 8 &amp; 8.

19-37?

yes sir

19 wins and 37 losses is our regular season record vs teams that finished the year with a winning record

i included 1-2 this year with Pats, Saints, and 49ers

ny06
11-30-2011, 01:23 PM
How many of these threads do we need?</P>

What else should fans talk about? </P>

The record against winning teams will not get Tom Coughlin fired. </P>

It's the late season collapses, and lack of effort by the players that will. </P>

Eli TO Shockey
11-30-2011, 01:24 PM

How many rhetorical questions do we need ? Try adding to the discussion

yoeddy
11-30-2011, 01:24 PM

It's the late season collapses, and lack of effort by the players that will. </P>

I think that's fine...just thought it would be better to keep the discussion in one thread instead of making so many new ones...

MattMeyerBud
11-30-2011, 01:25 PM
How many of these threads do we need?</p>

What else should fans talk about? </p>

The record against winning teams will not get Tom Coughlin fired. </p>

It's the late season collapses, and lack of effort by the players that will. </p>

if the fact that he just CANNOT win against successful teams isn't enough, then what will

NoHuddle10
11-30-2011, 01:27 PM
19 and 37

If that doesn't tell the story about this team being overplayed and out coached then I dont know what does.* But the fact remains that it is all about winning and in my eyes a trip to the NFC championship is the only thing that should save him

I hate to say this...... But if anything this shows how GREAT Coughlin has been IMO....

To me this shows that Coughlin beats teams that are less talented than us and does so consistantly. Yet has troubles against teams that are more talented.

I dont feel like diving too deep into this, but it shows me that Coughlin wins when he has the better team. Unfortunately we dont always have the more talented team on the field.

ny06
11-30-2011, 01:29 PM

if the fact that he just CANNOT win against successful teams isn't enough, then what will
</P>

It's tough to win in the NFL, let alone against good teams. </P>

But let's be clear, the main issue of this team is not how they play against good opponents, but how poorly they play at times.</P>

This has been an issue for years now, they seem lethargic at times, they quit the last 2 games in 09. No fire at all, where is the passion?</P>

We fans can take losing, but what we can't stand is lack of effort. </P>

</P>

</P>

MattMeyerBud
11-30-2011, 01:30 PM
19 and 37

I didn't include teams that finished 8-8, we are 7 and 6 vs teams that finished 8 &amp; 8.

I hate to say this...... But if anything this shows how GREAT Coughlin has been IMO....

To me this shows that Coughlin beats teams that are less talented than us and does so consistantly. Yet has troubles against teams that are more talented.

I dont feel like diving too deep into this, but it shows me that Coughlin wins when he has the better team. Unfortunately we dont always have the more talented team on the field.

lol stop it

this team has constantly underacheived and the fact that he can only beat ****ty teams does NOT speak well for him at all.

MattMeyerBud
11-30-2011, 01:32 PM

It's the late season collapses, and lack of effort by the players that will. </p>

</p>

It's tough to win in the NFL, let alone against good teams. </p>

But let's be clear, the main issue of this team is not how they play against good opponents, but how poorly they play at times.</p>

This has been an issue for years now, they seem lethargic at times, they quit the last 2 games in 09. No fire at all, where is the passion?</p>

We fans can take losing, but what we can't stand is lack of effort. </p>

</p>

</p>

its crazy that your not seeing the correlation.

We have a great record against losing teams. I bet that we actually have the best record in the whole NFL besides the Colts and Pats in winning % vs scrubby teams during Coughlins tenure

The fact that we can't win against good teams speaks VOLUMES. Do we have elite talent? debatable at best

Are we clearly a team that could be good enough? I'd say so. The lack of coaching to bring us to the next level is evident. Guy can't win any clutch or big games vs valid opponents.

yoeddy
11-30-2011, 01:34 PM
19 and 37

lol stop it

this team has constantly underacheived and the fact that he can only beat ****ty teams does NOT speak well for him at all.

How has this team underachieved? 2 rookie LBs, Tuck, Osi, Nicks, Bradshaw all missing significant time, make-shift Oline (Boothe has started at three different Oline positions this season to fill in for injuries), 4 DBs on IR, etc. Were there a lot of people expecting this team to be better than a .500 team with all these issues?

ny06
11-30-2011, 01:37 PM

</P>

It's tough to win in the NFL, let alone against good teams. </P>

But let's be clear, the main issue of this team is not how they play against good opponents, but how poorly they play at times.</P>

This has been an issue for years now, they seem lethargic at times, they quit the last 2 games in 09. No fire at all, where is the passion?</P>

We fans can take losing, but what we can't stand is lack of effort. </P>

</P>

</P>

We have a great record against losing teams. I bet that we actually have the best record in the whole NFL besides the Colts and Pats in winning % vs scrubby teams during Coughlins tenure

The fact that we can't win against good teams speaks VOLUMES. Do we have elite talent? debatable at best

Are we clearly a team that could be good enough? I'd say so. The lack of coaching to bring us to the next level is evident. Guy can't win any clutch or big games vs valid opponents.
</P>

I have seen it for years, it's nothing new. </P>

But the question you stated in the original post was his record against winning teams is 19-37.</P>

Take a look at his record for November-December, it's bad to say the least. </P>

He had a good run with this franchise, but it's time to cut bait. </P>

You should be more concenred how this team time and time again shows no enthusiasm, lack of preperation. </P>

</P>

Redeyejedi
11-30-2011, 01:39 PM
19 and 37

19-37?

yes sir

19 wins and 37 losses is our regular season record vs teams that finished the year with a winning record

How many of those came in 2008 or how about while Spags was the DC

Giantsin04
11-30-2011, 01:41 PM
19 and 37

lol stop it

How has this team underachieved? 2 rookie LBs, Tuck, Osi, Nicks, Bradshaw all missing significant time, make-shift Oline (Boothe has started at three different Oline positions this season to fill in for injuries), 4 DBs on IR, etc. Were there a lot of people expecting this team to be better than a .500 team with all these issues?

Some Giant fans actually think this team is stacked with studs. Its mind boggling

MattMeyerBud
11-30-2011, 01:43 PM
19 and 37

lol stop it

this year - the talent is still there. The fact that we didn't take down Philly, San Fran, Seattle, and Washington is all under acheiving, regardless of injuries

But this isn't about JUST this year. How bout 05, 06, 08, and last year? I'll give a pass for 2009 because defensively I dont think we had it to compete

MattMeyerBud
11-30-2011, 01:43 PM

</p>

It's tough to win in the NFL, let alone against good teams. </p>

But let's be clear, the main issue of this team is not how they play against good opponents, but how poorly they play at times.</p>

This has been an issue for years now, they seem lethargic at times, they quit the last 2 games in 09. No fire at all, where is the passion?</p>

We fans can take losing, but what we can't stand is lack of effort. </p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

I have seen it for years, it's nothing new. </p>

But the question you stated in the original post was his record against winning teams is 19-37.</p>

Take a look at his record for November-December, it's bad to say the least. </p>

He had a good run with this franchise, but it's time to cut bait. </p>

You should be more concenred how this team time and time again shows no enthusiasm, lack of preperation. </p>

</p>

yea but thats just how our schedules have been structured.

MattMeyerBud
11-30-2011, 01:44 PM
19 and 37

19-37?

yes sir

there was like a 4-5 game run in 08 of wins vs teams with a winning record

MattMeyerBud
11-30-2011, 01:46 PM
19 and 37

lol stop it

Some Giant fans actually think this team is stacked with studs. Its mind boggling

you do realize if we won vs Philly we would of been looking GREAT for the division and playoffs right?

Redeyejedi
11-30-2011, 01:46 PM
19 and 37

19-37?

yes sir

there was like a 4-5 game run in 08 of wins vs teams with a winning record
I bet 2/3's of them were while he was here

Redeyejedi
11-30-2011, 01:47 PM
19 and 37

I hate to say this...... But if anything this shows how GREAT Coughlin has been IMO.... To me this shows that Coughlin beats teams that are less talented than us and does so consistantly. Yet has troubles against teams that are more talented. I dont feel like diving too deep into this, but it shows me that Coughlin wins when he has the better team. Unfortunately we dont always have the more talented team on the field.

lol stop it

How has this team underachieved? 2 rookie LBs, Tuck, Osi, Nicks, Bradshaw all missing significant time, make-shift Oline (Boothe has started at three different Oline positions this season to fill in for injuries), 4 DBs on IR, etc. Were there a lot of people expecting this team to be better than a .500 team with all these issues? Some Giant fans actually think this team is stacked with studs. Its mind boggling

you do realize if we won vs Philly we would of been looking GREAT for the division and playoffs right?
That and the Seahawks loss will end up costing the Giants there season. The Eagles loss made it so the Giants could not lose to Dallas

CDN_G-FAN
11-30-2011, 01:56 PM
19 and 37

</P>

not the right measure in my mind.</P>

i don't think making it to some point 'saves' coughlin as much as how the team's playing.</P>

If they're losing like they did to the 49ers, playing quality football but just running out of plays, and don't make the playoffs, then i look at the coaches differently.</P>

by the same token if they get lucky and win games playing bad (miami, arizona, Rams) while teams are imploding along the way to making the playoffs and even winning a couple games, i'm probably more critical of the coaching staff than the first example.</P>

not that the criticism of coughlin isn't valid, but fans and Reese are probably the only ones looking at this as an exclusively coaching issue.</P>

eastbayblue
11-30-2011, 02:01 PM

As many as it takes to get TC and his staff removed once and for all!

yoeddy
11-30-2011, 02:01 PM
19 and 37

lol stop it

this year - the talent is still there. The fact that we didn't take down Philly, San Fran, Seattle, and Washington is all under acheiving, regardless of injuries

But this isn't about JUST this year.* How bout 05, 06, 08, and last year? I'll give a pass for 2009 because defensively I dont think we had it to compete

What talent do we have at LB? Asides from Webster, are we really that talented at DB? Osi missed a bunch of games to start the season. Tuck has missed a bunch...yes, JPP is talented, but are Canty and Joseph much to write home about?

2005: we were 11-5 and won the division. And people forget that we went into the playoffs with a LB crew that included Nick Greisen and a group of LBs who were signed off the street late in the season because of injuries (Kevin Lewis, Roman Pfifer and Alonzo Jackson...anyone remember them as Giants?).

2006: A bad year, no doubt. Strahan injured and lost for half the season, and Tiki on his "retirement tour"...

2008: Best record in the NFC...

2010: Lack of LBs and half the WR squad lost for the year....

Of course, I wanted them to do better, but to call this "underachievement" is not right imho...

gumby742
11-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Can't go by record alone imo.</P>

The fact that we're an up and down team, playing very inconsistently is a big nono. As is the case with Eli, consistency is huge in my book.</P>

Also that in any one game, rarely do both the offense and defense show up. It's usually one or the other.</P>

Also the second half collapses.</P>

I firmly believe that we have a very talented team. With this talent, our team should be much much better. That is also grounds for a firing. See Andy Reid.</P>

TuckYou
11-30-2011, 02:16 PM
For those who thinkthey will have a great game vs the Pack and it will be a spring board to a hot streak is ridiculous. Its not in the cards guys. The dont have heart nor the talent in key spots. </P>

</P>

</P>

I completely agree with you, but for some reason, I cant get that Patriot game out of my head. How can the same team beat the Pats who were coming off a loss, in their own house where they havent lost in 20 games? </P>

Its the same team! </P>

That is why I say it is the coaching. They can get the team up for one game, and then the let down happens. </P>

NYG 5
11-30-2011, 02:25 PM
19 and 37

lol stop it

COULDA, WOULDA, SHOULDA.

the thing that pisses me off is the total lack of competitiveness once those big, primetimeish, games that decide conference seeding start showing up. he started off pretty well in 2005, that Seattle game, aside from the outcome, was pretty well played, especially considering the Giants rallied at the end.

but then in 2006, the wheels started coming off. they drop like 4 gimme interceptions and fall to the Colts, then get routed early in the rematch as Seattle (the first of many such routs), theyre 6-2 against a 7-1 Bears team to decide the fate of the conference, and they get punched out. then finish 2-8, and start getting smacked around by healthy McNabb teams.

we all remember 2007. but at 6-2, following a bye, in a big game in NY against the Cowboys, they get outscored 14-3 in the second half, and in a strange way, lose the rest of their home games, but win the road ones, to finish 4-4.

2008 they start 11-1, one of the most efficient teams in Giant history, then all of a sudden, lose all their physicality, and lose the most sickening playoff game in Giant Stadium. don't give me the plaxico excuse, theres no way a receiver having a sub par year submarines an entire team and turns Eli back into pre-super bowl eli. and if it was, thats Coughlin's fault for not snapping the team back into line.

2009, the blowout year. Giants beat on the AFC west, then get burned early and often by the Saints and every other competent team. finish 3-8

2010, more blowouts against the Colts and Eagles, then the present day version of the 2002 wildcard. from possibly finishing 12-4, to finishing 10-6, and almost 9-7.

every time the Giants can cement their playoff destiny, they **** it up, and oftentimes find themselves falling into the playoffs instead of rolling in. and thats a problem. Coughlin liked to throw Fassel under the bus when he first got here, but at least Fassel rolled into the playoffs with 3 or 5 game win streaks, and was either in or winning every playoff game, aside from the super bowl.

MattMeyerBud
11-30-2011, 02:36 PM
19 and 37

lol stop it

But this isn't about JUST this year. How bout 05, 06, 08, and last year? I'll give a pass for 2009 because defensively I dont think we had it to compete

What talent do we have at LB? Asides from Webster, are we really that talented at DB? Osi missed a bunch of games to start the season. Tuck has missed a bunch...yes, JPP is talented, but are Canty and Joseph much to write home about?

2005: we were 11-5 and won the division. And people forget that we went into the playoffs with a LB crew that included Nick Greisen and a group of LBs who were signed off the street late in the season because of injuries (Kevin Lewis, Roman Pfifer and Alonzo Jackson...anyone remember them as Giants?).

2006: A bad year, no doubt. Strahan injured and lost for half the season, and Tiki on his "retirement tour"...

2008: Best record in the NFC...

2010: Lack of LBs and half the WR squad lost for the year....

Of course, I wanted them to do better, but to call this "underachievement" is not right imho...

bottom line is we won a superbowl with less talent at LBs... LBers are not the reason we've been getting our balls kicked in. Its like the new cop out for Giant fans which use to be Eli

MattMeyerBud
11-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Can't go by record alone imo.</p>

The fact that we're an up and down team, playing very inconsistently is a big nono. As is the case with Eli, consistency is huge in my book.</p>

Also that in any one game, rarely do both the offense and defense show up. It's usually one or the other.</p>

Also the second half collapses.</p>

I firmly believe that we have a very talented team. With this talent, our team should be much much better. That is also grounds for a firing. See Andy Reid.</p>

but they aren't playing inconsistantly... they are playing VERY consistant

able to beat up on ****ty teams and can't win vs good teams.

MattMeyerBud
11-30-2011, 02:38 PM
19 and 37

i just wish we had Kerry Collins still
lol stop it

COULDA, WOULDA, SHOULDA.

the thing that pisses me off is the total lack of competitiveness once those big, primetimeish, games that decide conference seeding start showing up. he started off pretty well in 2005, that Seattle game, aside from the outcome, was pretty well played, especially considering the Giants rallied at the end.

but then in 2006, the wheels started coming off. they drop like 4 gimme interceptions and fall to the Colts, then get routed early in the rematch as Seattle (the first of many such routs), theyre 6-2 against a 7-1 Bears team to decide the fate of the conference, and they get punched out. then finish 2-8, and start getting smacked around by healthy McNabb teams.

we all remember 2007. but at 6-2, following a bye, in a big game in NY against the Cowboys, they get outscored 14-3 in the second half, and in a strange way, lose the rest of their home games, but win the road ones, to finish 4-4.

2008 they start 11-1, one of the most efficient teams in Giant history, then all of a sudden, lose all their physicality, and lose the most sickening playoff game in Giant Stadium. don't give me the plaxico excuse, theres no way a receiver having a sub par year submarines an entire team and turns Eli back into pre-super bowl eli. and if it was, thats Coughlin's fault for not snapping the team back into line.

2009, the blowout year. Giants beat on the AFC west, then get burned early and often by the Saints and every other competent team. finish 3-8

2010, more blowouts against the Colts and Eagles, then the present day version of the 2002 wildcard. from possibly finishing 12-4, to finishing 10-6, and almost 9-7.

every time the Giants can cement their playoff destiny, they **** it up, and oftentimes find themselves falling into the playoffs instead of rolling in. and thats a problem. Coughlin liked to throw Fassel under the bus when he first got here, but at least Fassel rolled into the playoffs with 3 or 5 game win streaks, and was either in or winning every playoff game, aside from the super bowl.

gumby742
11-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Can't go by record alone imo.</P>

The fact that we're an up and down team, playing very inconsistently is a big nono. As is the case with Eli, consistency is huge in my book.</P>

Also that in any one game, rarely do both the offense and defense show up. It's usually one or the other.</P>

Also the second half collapses.</P>

I firmly believe that we have a very talented team. With this talent, our team should be much much better. That is also grounds for a firing. See Andy Reid.</P>

but they aren't playing inconsistantly... they are playing VERY consistant

able to beat up on ****ty teams and can't win vs good teams.
</P>

How many times have we followed up a good team performance by an horrible one since Coughlin's tenure? How about starting well and ending the season horribly? I'd say lots. Even in 2007 when we won it all, there was some serious doubt how well we'd do in the post season because quite honest we weren't very convincing. There's a reason why people say we caught lightning in a bottle. We haven't been a very solid team.</P>

2008 aside, we haven't been beating up on crappy teams. We played down to their level. Seriously when was the last time the Giants just blasted a clearly inferior team? Better yet, how many times have we done it since Coughlin took over?</P>

You can argue a win is a win, but when your team plays down to the level of the competition, you're just playing with fire.</P>

NoHuddle10
11-30-2011, 07:19 PM
19 and 37

lol stop it

Ya, I just dont get it... I am not one to call out people for being a homer, because in a way we all are.

But this team the last 3 years has been far from the most talented in the league.

Lets just look at the big picture...

Starting DT Chris Canty was a backup d linemen on the Cowboys...

Starting linebackers were all 5th round draft picks or lower. Our best linebacker was a guy who wasnt even wanted by his very own team.

If you want to go by flat our ability, we dont have a top 5 player at their position other than QB.

Where is all of this talent? I would love to start hearing names. I promise you I can name at least 5 more talented players from different teams around the league at every position on our team other than QB. You might not agree with my lists, but I am very confident most NFL scouts and talent evaluaters would agree with me.

I personally feel Eli is a top 5 QB, no doubt about it.

Do we have a top 5 RB? No chance. Not even top 15, maybe not top 20. Again pure talent speaking here...

Do we have a top 5 receiver? I am not finding one on our roster, although we do have a top 10 or 15 receiving core as a whole.

Do we have a top 5 ranked player on the offensive line? You could have made a case for Snee in the past, but this year its not even close.

Do we have a top ranked TE? haha Ballard is probably one of the least talented TE's in the league. (Pure talent standpoint only, Ballard has been more effective than others, but I feel thats because he has a better QB throwing him the ball than but 3 or 4 teams.

Do we have a top ranked DE? Finally found one spot where I seriously think we have top 5 talent other than QB. And no not Osi overrated or Tuck. JPP is a top 5 DE (talent wise) in the league.

Do we have a top 5 linebacker? Nope. Even at full strength we dont even have a top 20 linebacker.

Do we have a top 5 DLineman? Not even close

do we have a top 5 Saftey? Getting somewhat closer but our best barely sneaks in the top 10 IMHO.

Do we havea top 5 corner? (maybe MAYBE MAYYYBEEEE Webster) But after him we have NOTHING!

do we have a top 5 return guy? NOPE

Fullback? Nope

kicker? NOPE

punter? maybeeeeeee

I mean where is all this talent? Some Giants fans are BLIND!!

The last 3 years this team has finished 8-8, 10-6, and are 6-5 this year. You can name maybe 2 top 5 players we have had during this time at their respective positions?

gumby742
11-30-2011, 08:32 PM
19 and 37

lol stop it

Ya, I just dont get it... I am not one to call out people for being a homer, because in a way we all are.

But this team the last 3 years has been far from the most talented in the league.

Lets just look at the big picture...

Starting DT Chris Canty was a backup d linemen on the Cowboys...

Starting linebackers were all 5th round draft picks or lower. Our best linebacker was a guy who wasnt even wanted by his very own team.

If you want to go by flat our ability, we dont have a top 5 player at their position other than QB.

Where is all of this talent? I would love to start hearing names. I promise you I can name at least 5 more talented players from different teams around the league at every position on our team other than QB. You might not agree with my lists, but I am very confident most NFL scouts and talent evaluaters would agree with me.

I personally feel Eli is a top 5 QB, no doubt about it.

Do we have a top 5 RB? No chance. Not even top 15, maybe not top 20. Again pure talent speaking here...

Do we have a top 5 receiver? I am not finding one on our roster, although we do have a top 10 or 15 receiving core as a whole.

Do we have a top 5 ranked player on the offensive line? You could have made a case for Snee in the past, but this year its not even close.

Do we have a top ranked TE? haha Ballard is probably one of the least talented TE's in the league. (Pure talent standpoint only, Ballard has been more effective than others, but I feel thats because he has a better QB throwing him the ball than but 3 or 4 teams.

Do we have a top ranked DE? Finally found one spot where I seriously think we have top 5 talent other than QB. And no not Osi overrated or Tuck. JPP is a top 5 DE (talent wise) in the league.

Do we have a top 5 linebacker? Nope. Even at full strength we dont even have a top 20 linebacker.

Do we have a top 5 DLineman? Not even close

do we have a top 5 Saftey? Getting somewhat closer but our best barely sneaks in the top 10 IMHO.

Do we havea top 5 corner? (maybe MAYBE MAYYYBEEEE Webster) But after him we have NOTHING!

do we have a top 5 return guy? NOPE

Fullback? Nope

kicker? NOPE

punter? maybeeeeeee

I mean where is all this talent? Some Giants fans are BLIND!!

The last 3 years this team has finished 8-8, 10-6, and are 6-5 this year. You can name maybe 2 top 5 players we have had during this time at their respective positions?

Find me a team with a defense with more collective individual talent then we do.

And then maybe you'll realize how good we are on defense.

Seriously, try it.

DragonSoul
11-30-2011, 11:32 PM
19 and 37

interesting, Something to mull over. Think there could be more into those numbers but still an eye opener.

lawl
11-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Starting DT Chris Canty was a backup d linemen on the Cowboys...</P>

Canty started every game for the Cowboys besides his rookie year.</P>

NYG 5
12-01-2011, 12:22 AM
The Steelers have an oft injured, all world safety and another good one, but the rest of the secondary is average. Their linebackers are good, but aging, aging defensive line, no offensive line to speak of, average runningbacks, good receivers. They're 8-3.

The Patriots have no running game, a finnesse offensive line, a WR unit filled with one dimensional specialty players, a good defensive line, ok linebackers and secondary. They just raped the Eagles.

John Harbough has revitalized a once aging Raven defense, survived coordinator changes, and is winning the division. Jim harbough took a hapless 49er team that hasn't don't anything in a decade, and has them going for the number 2 seed!

Sean Payton won a super bowl with the SAINTS! After they had been abysmal the previous 3 years! And how many real super stars did they have on the team? Did the patriots have super stars when they won all their super bowls? How many super star teams are there? The Packers, who McCarthy built and is successful with, and the Eagles, who Andy Reid can't utilize. Great coaches don't usually have many super stars, they take players and utilize their skillsets the best they can to make the team look like they're super stars.

How many stars did the Giants have vs the 49ers, Broncos and Bills when parcells whooped on them? How many super stars did the vikings have vs the giants for 41-0? How many super stars did the giants have vs the cowboys and patriots? Nobody goes to the playoffs with a pro bowl team, or wins with them, not often anyway.

bansaw
12-01-2011, 12:31 AM
less talent at LB our SB year? we had AP telling our defense what play was coming half the time or more....

NFCCG???? lol wtf, you think this team healthy is top 4 in the league??? let alone with our IR???

are you high or has blondie messed with your head?

NoHuddle10
12-01-2011, 12:54 AM

Youre right but that wasnt my point. My point is that these players would stay with the teams that drafted them if the team that drafted them was willing to pay them an equal amount of money.

There is a reason these teams dont pay them the money we are willing too. That reason is that we have desperate needs for positions because we never draft based on need. That leads to us getting the bad end of the deal FAR TO OFTEN.

The last few years are perfect examples. If you want to see where Reese has gone wrong it has been the FA signings thus far. He stretches for guys because we desperately need an answer and overpays for them at that. Only thing that does is make the guys that have been Giants all along like Osi very angry and do dumb things like they did before the season. He sees Canty making 3 times as much money as him this year. I am sure that had a lot to do with things. Same with Boley. Then these guys are hurt, it hurts team chemistry, goes on and on.

Sign on Baas this year, think SF is sad to see him gone? How has our offensive line been this year?

Team has to play for one another. This all plays into that.

lawl
12-01-2011, 01:03 AM

Youre right but that wasnt my point. My point is that these players would stay with the teams that drafted them if the team that drafted them was willing to pay them an equal amount of money. There is a reason these teams dont pay them the money we are willing too. That reason is that we have desperate needs for positions because we never draft based on need. That leads to us getting the bad end of the deal FAR TO OFTEN. The last few years are perfect examples. If you want to see where Reese has gone wrong it has been the FA signings thus far. He stretches for guys because we desperately need an answer and overpays for them at that. Only thing that does is make the guys that have been Giants all along like Osi very angry and do dumb things like they did before the season. He sees Canty making 3 times as much money as him this year. I am sure that had a lot to do with things. Same with Boley. Then these guys are hurt, it hurts team chemistry, goes on and on. Sign on Baas this year, think SF is sad to see him gone? How has our offensive line been this year? Team has to play for one another. This all plays into that.</P>

It's tough though. If we didnt sign any of the guys we did, what kind of shape would our team be in now? Who would be our starting safety alongside KP? Who plays center for us this year? To go further who plays guard for us this year now that Beatty is on IR?</P>

We have money to use for a reason and we tried to put it to good use. We had needs and he addressed those needs with the best available talent on the market. What else really was there for him to do?</P>

Honestly, I love Osi, but the guy is getting old, it's time to trade him while we can still get value for him (think Patriots trading Seymour at the right time).</P>

Of course these guys are overpaid, but that comes with FA. The best players are not always the highest paid.</P>

giantsfan420
12-01-2011, 01:41 AM
The Steelers have an oft injured, all world safety and another good one, but the rest of the secondary is average. Their linebackers are good, but aging, aging defensive line, no offensive line to speak of, average runningbacks, good receivers. They're 8-3.

The Patriots have no running game, a finnesse offensive line, a WR unit filled with one dimensional specialty players, a good defensive line, ok linebackers and secondary. They just raped the Eagles.

John Harbough has revitalized a once aging Raven defense, survived coordinator changes, and is winning the division. Jim harbough took a hapless 49er team that hasn't don't anything in a decade, and has them going for the number 2 seed!

Sean Payton won a super bowl with the SAINTS! After they had been abysmal the previous 3 years! And how many real super stars did they have on the team? Did the patriots have super stars when they won all their super bowls? How many super star teams are there? The Packers, who McCarthy built and is successful with, and the Eagles, who Andy Reid can't utilize. Great coaches don't usually have many super stars, they take players and utilize their skillsets the best they can to make the team look like they're super stars.

How many stars did the Giants have vs the 49ers, Broncos and Bills when parcells whooped on them? How many super stars did the vikings have vs the giants for 41-0? How many super stars did the giants have vs the cowboys and patriots? Nobody goes to the playoffs with a pro bowl team, or wins with them, not often anyway.

no offense, but your way off on your analysis of the steelers, patriots, 9ers, and saints...way off.

but i do agree with your overall point that the best teams are not a collection of the best players, but a collection of the right players that make the best team.., our OL was a great example a few years ago when we could actually run the ball.

no one was really a superstar, snee maybe, but it was really just the cohesiveness and time spent together. injuries have really killed us. again, using the OL we had a few years ago, i believe they went like 50 or more games in a row with the same 5 starters.

injuries just mess with the cohesiveness of the team and thats whats truly killing us this year. TT, Goff...they arent all pro's by any means, in fact they have some glaring flaws. but when you they are added to a team and used in the right way and everyone can do what is asked of them, the unit plays much better which leads to the individual players performing at a higher level.

tonyt830
12-01-2011, 07:37 AM
19 and 37

I hate to say this...... But if anything this shows how GREAT Coughlin has been IMO.... To me this shows that Coughlin beats teams that are less talented than us and does so consistantly. Yet has troubles against teams that are more talented. I dont feel like diving too deep into this, but it shows me that Coughlin wins when he has the better team. Unfortunately we dont always have the more talented team on the field.

lol stop it

How has this team underachieved? 2 rookie LBs, Tuck, Osi, Nicks, Bradshaw all missing significant time, make-shift Oline (Boothe has started at three different Oline positions this season to fill in for injuries), 4 DBs on IR, etc. Were there a lot of people expecting this team to be better than a .500 team with all these issues? Some Giant fans actually think this team is stacked with studs. Its mind boggling

That and the Seahawks loss will end up costing the Giants there season. The Eagles loss made it so the Giants could not lose to DallasYeah I agree, that Seahawks loss was one that could be the deciding factor on why the Giants could lose tie-breakers for the wildcard and/or division. And yes if the Giants could have beaten the Eagles, a split with the Cowboys might have been all they needed to beat out the Cowboys for a division/wildcard spot.

gumby742
12-01-2011, 08:41 AM
less talent at LB our SB year? we had AP telling our defense what play was coming half the time or more....

NFCCG???? lol wtf, you think this team healthy is top 4 in the league??? let alone with our IR???

are you high or has blondie messed with your head?

</P>

Who did we have at LBer in 2007 and 2008? Danny Clark? Kawika Mitchell? AP? Average at best. Who do wehave now? Goff, Boley, and whoever? Average at best. Hardly a drop off. You can argue one side or the other, but the players are comparable.</P>

AP telling our defense what play was coming? And you know this how? I doubt he had some sort of godly intelligence compared to his fellow starting middle linebackers.</P>

GMENAGAIN
12-01-2011, 09:26 AM
19 and 37

lol stop it

</P>

Do you think that this team has underachieved this year? What did you think that their record would be when the season started?</P>

So, if Coughlin goes 10-6, makes the playoffs, but doesn't make it to the NFC Championship he should be fired? Off of three seasons of 8-8, 10-6 and 10-6? </P>

Maybe you guys who love Cowher should look athis record for the 1998, 1999 and 2000 seasons. Three straight seasons of no playoffs and records of 7-9, 6-10 and 9-7. The Steelers stuck with him and he later led them to a championship.</P>

To be fair, please post the coaching records of Cowher, Gruden and Fisher against winning teams . . . . . </P>

Rant over.</P>

</P>

funkybudda
12-01-2011, 01:03 PM
19 and 37

wow, the greatness of a coach now is judged by him able to lead the team to win against bad teams but cant win against good teams? I felt dumber for reading your reply, thanks for sharing.

NoHuddle10
12-01-2011, 02:13 PM
19 and 37

wow, the greatness of a coach now is judged by him able to lead the team to win against bad teams but cant win against good teams? I felt dumber for reading your reply, thanks for sharing.

Thats hardly what I was implying.

However, Coughlin wins when he has the more talented team. Often wins when he doesnt. Doesnt win when he is clearly outmatched.

I dont know about you, but thats all I can ask of my coaches. Do the best you can with the talent you are given.

If we were losing to teams that were worse than us than I would have a problem with the coaching. However I dont feel thats the case.

In fact I strongly feel that during the Coughlin era we have beat more talented teams than us much more than we have lost to teams less talented than us.

jppmvp90
01-25-2012, 08:27 PM
lol