PDA

View Full Version : You know who i'd be ALL OVER as a HC replacement if he's available?

CDN_G-FAN
11-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Tony Sparano.</P>

Hand picked by Parcells, who's probably an average evaluator of potential head coaches.</P>

Not a tonne of talent on that team, playing for nothing, and they're giving everyone trouble up until the last few minutes of the game.</P>

Pair him up with more talent and you probably have yourself a real winner. </P>

britishblue2
11-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Tony Sparano.</P>

Hand picked by Parcells, who's probably an average evaluator of potential head coaches.</P>

Not a tonne of talent on that team, playing for nothing, and they're giving everyone trouble up until the last few minutes of the game.</P>

Pair him up with more talent and you probably have yourself a real winner. </P> i was actually thinking od Sparano the other day aswell. Potentialy a good coach with a fiery passion.

BigBlue wins
11-30-2011, 05:05 PM
It would be interesting. However, if Reid gets canned too, you can expect him to be interviewed at the very least.

Giantsin04
11-30-2011, 05:08 PM
I have a hard time with guys that wear sunglasses at night. I'm not sure why, lol. But I just want to smack em for looking like a ****.

burier
11-30-2011, 05:08 PM
Definately was thinking the same thing yesterday.

He just looks like a Giants coach and he wouldn't put up with the soft pansy nonsense we do on defense these days...

Plus he's an Oline coach so he could probably upgrade our oline right from the jump on based on his knowlege alone.

Ruttiger711
11-30-2011, 05:09 PM
I have a hard time with guys that wear sunglasses at night. I'm not sure why, lol. But I just want to smack em for looking like a ****.</P>

</P>

It's a documented medical condition - but i know what you mean :). </P>

Giantsin04
11-30-2011, 05:16 PM
I have a hard time with guys that wear sunglasses at night. I'm not sure why, lol. But I just want to smack em for looking like a ****.</P>

*</P>

It's a documented medical condition - but i know what you mean :).* </P>

I knida feel bad now. haha

Rusty192
11-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Tony Sparano.</P>

Pair him up with more talent and you probably have yourself a real winner. </P>And people say Coughlin has lost this team.

which is pretty much what happened in Miami with Sparano.

Folks say they are playing for him now, well thats fine and dandy.... but they are doing it after blowing the whole season midway through.

I'd rather go through the season pretty evenly and hope to get hot at the right time - not play hard when the season is out of reach.

titwio
11-30-2011, 05:26 PM
I think the Giants need someone fresh. Not a guy who who couldn't cut it somewhere else. Nothing against Sparano but he has a lot of Coughlin like traits and if it didn't work with TC then I don't see Sparano getting through to some of these knuckleheads on this team.

The Giants need someone like a Mike Tomlin kind of guy. A guy that motivates and relates to the players on the same level. Just IMO.

BParcells777
11-30-2011, 05:27 PM
He's definitely a NY kind of guy

GMENAGAIN
11-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Parcells got nothing right in Miami including Sparano.</P>

Parcells is on record is saying that TC was the best coach that he ever worked with. </P>

Roosevelt
11-30-2011, 05:35 PM
I've seen some pretty questionable in-game coaching on Sporano's part.

Big Blue 418
11-30-2011, 05:50 PM
I am on the Chuck Pagano bandwagon right now . Either way I want a defenive guy. Although I would seriously conside Tom Clements of GB if we must go offense .

. Either way I want a fresh face . Nit Fisher or Gruden

Drez
11-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Tony Sparano.</P>

And people say Coughlin has lost this team. which is pretty much what happened in Miami with Sparano. Folks say they are playing for him now, well thats fine and dandy.... but they are doing it after blowing the whole season midway through. I'd rather go through the season pretty evenly and hope to get hot at the right time - not play hard when the season is out of reach.</P>

That isn't necessarily the case. Miami played most of their games close, they just found ways to lose (primarily because they're not very good). But, they were played hard in most of their games.</P>

Rusty192
11-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Tony Sparano.</P>

And people say Coughlin has lost this team. which is pretty much what happened in Miami with Sparano. Folks say they are playing for him now, well thats fine and dandy.... but they are doing it after blowing the whole season midway through. I'd rather go through the season pretty evenly and hope to get hot at the right time - not play hard when the season is out of reach.</P>

That isn't necessarily the case. Miami played most of their games close, they just found ways to lose (primarily because they're not very good). But, they were played hard in most of their games.*</P>But they don't win when it matters. Which is my point. That is on coaching.

giantsfan39
11-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Parcells got nothing right in Miami including Sparano.</p>

Parcells is on record is saying that TC was the best coach that he ever worked with. </p>

Better than Bill? Nope.

Give me the Ravens DC or the Saints OC.

JesseJames
11-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Tony Sparano.</P>

I agree, Sparano is getting a lot of effort from a team basically going no where this year, unlike us who is getting nothing from a team who had a chance to get everything...

Drez
11-30-2011, 06:41 PM
Tony Sparano.</P>

That isn't necessarily the case. Miami played most of their games close, they just found ways to lose (primarily because they're not very good). But, they were played hard in most of their games.</P>

But they don't win when it matters. Which is my point. That is on coaching.</P>

Not if there is a dearth of talent on the team. Then it just boils down to not having enough playmakers.</P>

BlueBlooded1979
11-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Not sure about him really. He reminds me of TC and if you are looking for a change then he isn't the guy. I would rather stick with the devil we know.

If you have to make a change the defensive purist that I am screams for a guy like Pagano. Honestly, Eli is the best player on this team and an offensive innovator would probably be the best choice. Fix up the line and this team has playmakers like GB and NO.

The way the league rules are changing it is going to get harder for defenses.

BlueSanta
11-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Tony Sparano.</p>

Hand picked by Parcells, who's probably an average evaluator of potential head coaches.</p>

Not a tonne of talent on that team, playing for nothing, and they're giving everyone trouble up until the last few minutes of the game.</p>

Pair him up with more talent and you probably have yourself a real winner. </p>
Have you ever watched a Sparano Press conference? Living in S Florida, I have seen my share. I think the media in NYC would eat him up.

He wouldnt work in NYC.

Besides, I think he could spend a few more years as a coordinator.

Tommy_Ribs
11-30-2011, 08:10 PM
The Dolphins play hard for Sparano.

Give the guy talent, and see what he can do.

I wouldn't be upset if it happened. There are other guys I'd prefer, but like I said, I wouldn't be upset.

He had a lot of responsibilities with the Cowboys, and actually did some of the play calling there, and again, his Dolphins play hard for him.

gumby742
11-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Me too. I'd be on board with that.

oldgiantfan
11-30-2011, 08:29 PM
I"d go for Reid if he's available but TC is not going anywhere.

Rusty192
11-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Tony Sparano.</P>

That isn't necessarily the case. Miami played most of their games close, they just found ways to lose (primarily because they're not very good). But, they were played hard in most of their games.*</P>

Not if there is a dearth of talent on the team. Then it just boils down to not having enough playmakers.</P>yeah I don't want to get in a discussion about Miami's talent or whatever but cause you probably don't follow their team, (not that ay of us would) but this is the most talent they've had in years.

bansaw
11-30-2011, 09:16 PM
saw Matt Moore run over and slap Sparano's *** while celebrating a TD....before he went to his teammates

I thought look at this guy on the hotseat all year and his team hasnt quit on him. good for him

I bet some of our guys would still find a reason to quit on him too though lol

gfanblue
11-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Any body think Brian Billick would be a good HC for us. He's got the smarts. Knows D and is enough of a ****hole to not take crap from primadonas like we have.

Dirt66
11-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Parcells got nothing right in Miami including Sparano.</P>

Parcells is on record is saying that TC was the best coach that he ever worked with. </P>

Better than Bill? Nope.

Give me the Ravens DC or the Saints OC.
The Saints OC is just a pawn....That is SP's offense through and through. I just think of the coaches that the Giants let get away starting with Belichik......

NYfanatic
11-30-2011, 11:05 PM
I am on the Chuck Pagano bandwagon right now . Either way I want a defenive guy. Although I would seriously conside Tom Clements of GB if we must go offense .

. Either way I want a fresh face . Nit Fisher or Gruden
That or Joe Philben the pack O cord or Pete carmicheal the saints O

NYG 5
12-01-2011, 01:34 AM
Miami tanked the season because of poor quarterback play. Matt Moore is supersceding Chad Henne, and Moore is still really a backup player. Their offensive line is really quite good, Matt Moore was giving the vagiants a fit because they couldn't touch him.

But I wouldn't mid having Coughlin as long as he injects youth into the coordinator position. Fewell shows some good signs, he's just afraid of doing too much and exposing the weak coverage team. But killdrive is done. You go into a primetime game and score 3 points the first half against the saints defense? Are you kidding me? The offense has always been atrocious against competitive teams.

Need guys who are more in tune with the modern rules. Not guys who came up with their stuff during the days of Jim Kelly and Warren Moon. Especially when it didn't work even then.

Rich4114
12-01-2011, 01:38 AM
As tempting as the Tony Soprano things would be, this guy sucks as a coach lol. NO DEAL to Sporano.

GMENAGAIN
12-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Tony Sparano.</P>

</P>

Dude, I have to tell you, I am very surprised by this thread. I consider you to be one of the most knowledgeable and pratical posters on this MB, so I will just assume that you forgot to use red font.</P>

Sparano for TC???TC has his faults, but he is 100 times the coach that Tony Sparano is. We would be the absolute laughing stock of the NFL if we fired TC and hired Sparano.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

burier
12-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Tony Sparano.</P>

</P>

Dude, I have to tell you, I am very surprised by this thread.* I consider you to be one of the most knowledgeable and pratical posters on this MB, so I will just assume that you forgot to use red font.**</P>

Sparano for TC???**TC has his faults, but he is 100 times the coach that Tony Sparano is.* We would be the absolute laughing stock of the NFL if we fired TC and hired Sparano.</P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

You wanna back that up with some facts????

burier
12-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Any body think Brian Billick would be a good HC for us. He's got the smarts. Knows D and is enough of a ****hole to not take crap from primadonas like we have.

He's enough of a ****hole for the players to tune him out witha quickness.

He's actually and offensive guy...coordinated the Vikings but never fielded a decent offense as a headcoach. Fielded great defense but always had Ray Lewis and a top notch coordinator.

He's a dirtbag who thinks he's a lot smarter than he is and would be the worst possible headcoaching hire I could think of this side of Josh McDaniels.

britishblue2
12-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Available or not can you imagine Bilicheck being unvieled as the new Giants coach...can you also imagine the look on Patriots fans faces..now that would be priceless,

Yes Yes Yes...i know...its a pipedream...BUT

just for one second imagine it :)

burier
12-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Available or not can you imagine Bilicheck being unvieled as the new Giants coach...can you also imagine the look on Patriots fans faces..now that would be priceless,

Yes Yes Yes...i know...its a pipedream...BUT

just for one second imagine it :)

Lets fire Tom Coughlin and replace him with a coach who is owned by Tom Coughlin

CDN_G-FAN
12-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Tony Sparano.</P>

</P>

Dude, I have to tell you, I am very surprised by this thread. I consider you to be one of the most knowledgeable and pratical posters on this MB, so I will just assume that you forgot to use red font.</P>

Sparano for TC???TC has his faults, but he is 100 times the coach that Tony Sparano is. We would be the absolute laughing stock of the NFL if we fired TC and hired Sparano.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

you can make an arguement that no coach we hire is going to be a better coach than coughlin.</P>

you'recategories for coaches are pretty clear (examples are just examples, not the exclusive list of candidates):</P>

Successful former HC (gruden, cowher)</P>

coordinators promoted to HCs (talented coordinators around the league that get promoted to HC)</P>

Fired former HCs that found success somewhere else (Bellichek, Dungy)</P>

</P>

i don't like most of the former successful HCs, i think this franchiseis better than taking a chance on some coordinator who we probably have to give 3-4 years to in order to figure out ifwe made the right decision.</P>

i like looking for some stupid owner's reactionarymistake as thebest place for a HC without committing 4 years to a dud. and sees a few Miami games, i like the way his team plays.</P>

MattMeyerBud
12-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Tony Sparano.</p>

Hand picked by Parcells, who's probably an average evaluator of potential head coaches.</p>

Not a tonne of talent on that team, playing for nothing, and they're giving everyone trouble up until the last few minutes of the game.</p>

And people say Coughlin has lost this team. which is pretty much what happened in Miami with Sparano. Folks say they are playing for him now, well thats fine and dandy.... but they are doing it after blowing the whole season midway through. I'd rather go through the season pretty evenly and hope to get hot at the right time - not play hard when the season is out of reach.</p>

That isn't necessarily the case. Miami played most of their games close, they just found ways to lose (primarily because they're not very good). But, they were played hard in most of their games.</p>

But they don't win when it matters. Which is my point. That is on coaching.</p>

Not if there is a dearth of talent on the team. Then it just boils down to not having enough playmakers.</p>yeah I don't want to get in a discussion about Miami's talent or whatever but cause you probably don't follow their team, (not that ay of us would) but this is the most talent they've had in years.

thats not saying much either....

shaky line and QB....

Rusty192
12-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Tony Sparano.</p>

And people say Coughlin has lost this team. which is pretty much what happened in Miami with Sparano. Folks say they are playing for him now, well thats fine and dandy.... but they are doing it after blowing the whole season midway through. I'd rather go through the season pretty evenly and hope to get hot at the right time - not play hard when the season is out of reach.</p>

That isn't necessarily the case. Miami played most of their games close, they just found ways to lose (primarily because they're not very good). But, they were played hard in most of their games.*</p>

But they don't win when it matters. Which is my point. That is on coaching.</p>

Not if there is a dearth of talent on the team. Then it just boils down to not having enough playmakers.</p>yeah I don't want to get in a discussion about Miami's talent or whatever but cause you probably don't follow their team, (not that ay of us would) but this is the most talent they've had in years.

shaky line and QB....
not long ago Miami won their division at 11-5. And everyone says they don't have talent....

TroyArcher
12-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Tony Sparano.</P>

Maybe Defensive Coordinator

JMFP2
12-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Tony Sparano: Tom Coughlin's work ethic and attitude, without the hardware.

Still, I agree, he's a good coach.....if they are going to fire Coughlin, might as well replace him with someone from the Parcells Tree.

Personally, Romeo Crennel is the guy I'd want to get if Coughlin is fired.....great defensive mind, and well respected by his players....he'd have guys busting tail for him.

Of course, I'd rather draft some guys who would flourish playing for a tough, discliplined coach like Sparano (or Coughlin, if he stays).

Regardless of the coach, I expect more of The Jerry Reese Hot Tub Party in 2012......stock the team with a ton of guys "with great upside", who will be on IR by Week 10.

Jotun_Fan
12-02-2011, 01:20 AM
Heard Joe Pa is available.

harrycarson
12-02-2011, 02:53 AM
I want this team to rebound and make the playoffs and see what happens. We make the playoffs then I would prefer to keep Coughlin

gumby742
12-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Tony Sparano: Tom Coughlin's work ethic and attitude, without the hardware. Still, I agree, he's a good coach.....if they are going to fire Coughlin, might as well replace him with someone from the Parcells Tree. Personally, Romeo Crennel is the guy I'd want to get if Coughlin is fired.....great defensive mind, and well respected by his players....he'd have guys busting tail for him. Of course, I'd rather draft some guys who would flourish playing for a tough, discliplined coach like Sparano (or Coughlin, if he stays). Regardless of the coach, I expect more of The Jerry Reese Hot Tub Party in 2012......stock the team with a ton of guys "with great upside", who will be on IR by Week 10.</P>

So who are the "tons of guys" with great upside (meaning that they are an unfinished product) that are on IR?</P>

Drez
12-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Tony Sparano.</P>

Not if there is a dearth of talent on the team. Then it just boils down to not having enough playmakers.</P>

yeah I don't want to get in a discussion about Miami's talent or whatever but cause you probably don't follow their team, (not that ay of us would) but this is the most talent they've had in years.

shaky line and QB....
not long ago Miami won their division at 11-5. And everyone says they don't have talent....</P>

They did that the year Brady went down. IIRC, that was also the year they started running the WC a lot. They had some success until teams figured out how to stop the WC.</P>

Miami has decent talent, particularly on defense, but they lack top tier talent, especially on the offenseive side of the ball (QB, RB, WR [BM is a headcase]).</P>

Drez
12-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Tony Sparano: Tom Coughlin's work ethic and attitude, without the hardware. Still, I agree, he's a good coach.....if they are going to fire Coughlin, might as well replace him with someone from the Parcells Tree. Personally, Romeo Crennel is the guy I'd want to get if Coughlin is fired.....great defensive mind, and well respected by his players....he'd have guys busting tail for him. Of course, I'd rather draft some guys who would flourish playing for a tough, discliplined coach like Sparano (or Coughlin, if he stays). Regardless of the coach, I expect more of The Jerry Reese Hot Tub Party in 2012......stock the team with a ton of guys "with great upside", who will be on IR by Week 10.</P>

So who are the "tons of guys" with great upside (meaning that they are an unfinished product) that are on IR?</P>

</P>

TT, Goff, Beatty, Witherspoon, Koets (waived), Tryon, Austin...
</P>

I think there's a few guys in that short list whom could have been very useful for us this season.</P>

Drez
12-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Tony Sparano.</P>

Maybe Defensive Coordinator</P>

Are you saying pair him up with a DC or make him a DC?</P>

If it's the latter, that'd be kind of dumb. He was either a TE or OL coach before heading up Miami.</P>

JMFP2
12-02-2011, 04:51 PM

</P>

</P>

I think there's a few guys in that short list whom could have been very useful for us this season.</P>

Thanks for saving me the need to respond to that.

Basically, just check the IR report.

gumby742
12-02-2011, 04:53 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

TT is a finished product. I wouldn't count Goff as a player with "great" upside. Tryon? Koets? If those 2's upside were so great, they would have been drafted much earlier (see JPP). Beatty played most of the season for us. </P>

The only one is Austin.</P>

Hardly tons of guys.</P>

pino
12-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Sporano is an offensive-minded coach. The Giants have had their share of offensive coordinators as head coach--and to be fair we have been to two Super Bowls with them--but I would like to see us put importance on defense by hiring a defensive mind.

jppmvp90
01-25-2012, 09:32 PM
omg