PDA

View Full Version : We Should Make the Playoffs

NoHuddle10
11-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Forget about winning the division for a second (which is still possible).

Lets just assume we are handing Dallas the division. (Not that I necessarily feel that way, but for the sake of this exercise, lets assume Dallas wins the division)

Lets also assume NO, SF, and GB win their divisions (all but certain)...

That leaves 4 teams fighting for 2 wildcard spots. Lets break down each teams situation...

Lions 7-4

Just lost their best defensive player for the next 2 games.

Remaining schedule
1. @ NO (L)
2. vs MIN (W)
3. @ Oakland (L)
4. VS SD (W/L)
5. @ GB (L)

I see Detroit finishing around 8-8 or at best 10-6. Likely 9-7.

Bears 7-4

They just lost their starting QB for the season (no back up to speak of)

Remaining schedule
1. vs KC (W)
2. @ Den (W/L)
3. vs SEA (W)
4. @ GB (L)
5. @ Min (W)

With no starting QB, the Bears could realistically lose all or all but 1 of these games and easily finish 8-8. I say they finish around 9-7 or 10-6 . Likely also finish 10-6. No way I see them finishing 4-1 even with that easy schedule without their starting QB....

ATL 7-4

Remaining schedule

1. @ Hou (W/L)
2. @ Car (W but could easily L)
3. vs JAC (W)
4. @ NO (L)
5. vs TB (W but could easily L)

I see them finishing 10-6 at best as well. Thats a pretty tough schedule ahead and ATL plays much worse on the road than they do at home. They have 3 very tough road games ahead. Could even finish 9-7 honestly....

Giants 6-5

We all know the injury situation...

Remaining schedule
1. vs Packers (L)
2. @ Dallas (W/L)
3. vs Redskins (W)
4. @ NYJ (W)
5. vs Dallas (W/L)

I still see us finishing 9-7 or maybe even 10-6.

Results

Lions 9-7 or 8-8
Bears 10-6 or 9-7
Atlanta 10-6 or 9-7
Giants 10-6 or 9-7

I like our chances of making the playoffs just as much as any of the other 3. I say we sneak in... Who knows what could happen if we do indeed make the playoffs.

NTM our first opponent will be either Dallas or SF, both teams I think we can beat.

I still have some, slight, desperate, hope for a good finish. At least a finish that will make us proud. One playoff win with all the injuries and the very difficult schedule and I will be satisfied.

Not to mention we play Dallas twice. We could lose to the Packers and still win the division with a couple of wins vs the Cowboys.

Season is far from over. Dallas lost by 30 @ Philly. A lot of people thought their season was done then.

One thing I will boldly predict. The playoffs wont be decided until the games are played during Week 17. It will all come down to the most exciting week 17 of all time.... 5 teams with playoffs on the line. All within a game of each other.

Giants vs Dal

Lions @ GB

Bears @ MIN

Atlanta vs TB

NoHuddle10
11-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Also...

If we beat the Packers this weekend somehow (miracle I know) than we are DEFINITELY in the playoffs IMO.

If we beat the Cowboys both times then we are also definitely in the playoffs IMO.

NoHuddle10
11-30-2011, 06:51 PM
Haha I guess at this stage in the game it doesnt seem to matter to anyone whether or not we make the playoffs. Cant say I blame anyone...

But I know if I were a Bears, Lions, or Falcons fan that I would be just as worried about missing the playoffs as I am now being a Giants fan.

NoHuddle10
12-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Forget about winning the division for a second (which is still possible).

Lets just assume we are handing Dallas the division. (Not that I necessarily feel that way, but for the sake of this exercise, lets assume Dallas wins the division)

Lets also assume NO, SF, and GB win their divisions (all but certain)...

That leaves 4 teams fighting for 2 wildcard spots. Lets break down each teams situation...

Lions 7-4

Just lost their best defensive player for the next 2 games.

Remaining schedule
1. @ NO (L)
2. vs MIN (W)
3. @ Oakland (L)
4. VS SD (W/L)
5. @ GB (L)

I see Detroit finishing around 8-8 or at best 10-6. Likely 9-7.

Bears 7-4

They just lost their starting QB for the season (no back up to speak of)

Remaining schedule
1. vs KC (W)
2. @ Den (W/L)
3. vs SEA (W)
4. @ GB (L)
5. @ Min (W)

With no starting QB, the Bears could realistically lose all or all but 1 of these games and easily finish 8-8. I say they finish around 9-7 or 10-6 . Likely also finish 10-6. No way I see them finishing 4-1 even with that easy schedule without their starting QB....

ATL 7-4

Remaining schedule

1. @ Hou (W/L)
2. @ Car (W but could easily L)
3. vs JAC (W)
4. @ NO (L)
5. vs TB (W but could easily L)

I see them finishing 10-6 at best as well. Thats a pretty tough schedule ahead and ATL plays much worse on the road than they do at home. They have 3 very tough road games ahead. Could even finish 9-7 honestly....

Giants 6-5

We all know the injury situation...

Remaining schedule
1. vs Packers (L)
2. @ Dallas (W/L)
3. vs Redskins (W)
4. @ NYJ (W)
5. vs Dallas (W/L)

I still see us finishing 9-7 or maybe even 10-6.

Results

Lions 9-7 or 8-8
Bears 10-6 or 9-7
Atlanta 10-6 or 9-7
Giants 10-6 or 9-7

I like our chances of making the playoffs just as much as any of the other 3. I say we sneak in... Who knows what could happen if we do indeed make the playoffs.

NTM our first opponent will be either Dallas or SF, both teams I think we can beat.

I still have some, slight, desperate, hope for a good finish. At least a finish that will make us proud. One playoff win with all the injuries and the very difficult schedule and I will be satisfied.

Not to mention we play Dallas twice. We could lose to the Packers and still win the division with a couple of wins vs the Cowboys.

Season is far from over. Dallas lost by 30 @ Philly. A lot of people thought their season was done then.

One thing I will boldly predict. The playoffs wont be decided until the games are played during Week 17. It will all come down to the most exciting week 17 of all time.... 5 teams with playoffs on the line. All within a game of each other.

Giants vs Dal

Lions @ GB

Bears @ MIN

Atlanta vs TB

Unreal.... Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, and Dallas ALL lose this week....

We will be in the playoffs.

NYfanatic
12-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Yea the bears lost Matt Forte as well So for now I have to say with a 50% chance the bears are done.
Falcons lost as well but should make the playoffs. Should.
Lions might start losing a bit too much and just miss.
Cowboys might make a wildcard or us even if we beat them in the right games and they lose the right ones.

JMGGIANTS
12-05-2011, 06:12 PM
just like last year when we has all of those opportunities to get one more win in 2nd half but never could.

JMGGIANTS
12-05-2011, 06:13 PM
but I do think we should get it done this year.