PDA

View Full Version : Why can't we be 11-5

Yksgntsrule
11-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Why cant we win out. Who says the almighty Packers have to win. I know we are all pissed about Monday night. It is over. Why cant we run the table. Why cant this team save the season right now! Backs against the wall no chance on Sunday. Prove me right G MEN Dig down deep and play like The New York football Giants

Overdrive92
11-30-2011, 08:38 PM
Why can't we be 11-5?

Well for starters, we play the Packers this weekend. That's one reason why.

Yksgntsrule
11-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Why can't we be 11-5?

Well for starters, we play the Packers this weekend. That's one reason why.Yep we cant beat anybody undefeated

KidA
11-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Because we stink.

Marvelousmik
11-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Why cant we win out. Who says the almighty Packers have to win. I know we are all pissed about Monday night. It is over. Why cant we run the table. Why cant this team save the season right now! Backs against the wall no chance on Sunday. Prove me right G MEN Dig down deep and play like The New York football Giants

i forgot we had only 5 losses. lol for some reason i thought we had 6. oh, i remember now. we play the packers sunday

Overdrive92
11-30-2011, 10:13 PM
Why can't we be 11-5?

Well for starters, we play the Packers this weekend. That's one reason why.Yep we cant beat anybody undefeated

Whether we can and whether we will are totally different subjects my friend.

NYfanatic
11-30-2011, 10:21 PM
We arent playing the Colts we are playing the best team in NFL with the best QB and best Coaching staff and undefeated reigning super bowl champs. While we are a trash team with no heart coming off a blowout from the saints + Injuries galore = 62-7 Packers win.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
11-30-2011, 10:39 PM
More bizarre things have certainly happened before in NFL history. If the 2005 Redskins of six years ago, at 5-6, managed to finish the season on a 5-0 run and make the playoffs, there's no logical reason the 6-5 Giants of today can't pull off a similar run.

Game 1. Beat the Packers, at home. Green Bay is 11-0, sure, but surely that means that they are bound to lose their first game sooner or later, and the Giants, in the Meadowlands, are as realistic a challenger as they'll probably have the rest of their schedule. The Packers will be heavily favored, though, no doubt. Stealing this win will be a major upset. The Giants probably have a 1-in-3 shot of winning this first and most difficult game.

Game 2. Beat the Cowboys, on the road. The Giants are 2-0 at Cowboys Stadium, and this game is very similar to the 2009 stadium inaugural opener now that Romo and Eli will likely both be under center, so again, this is a reasonable shot. No reason why the Giants should be favored, but no reason why they should be an underdog either. A decent chance of winning. It may really be 50/50, a coin tosses' odds.
</p>

</p>

<font color="#000080">Then, the schedule finishes with 3 consecutive home games at the Meadowlands.</font>
</p>

</p>

Game 3. Beat the Redskins at home. Washington is 4-7 right now. The Giants have owned the Skins in recent years just like the Eagles have owned the Giants. This one should be a piece of cake, the easiest remaining game on the schedule for New York.</p>

</p>

Game 4. Beat the Jets at home. Yes, this is technically an "away" game, but it's at the Meadowlands and involves no travel, so it's a home game. Again, no reason the Giants should be favored, but no reason they would be an underdog either. Certainly a good chance of winning.
</p>

</p>

Game 5. Beat the Cowboys at home. If the Giants can beat the Cowboys on the road, no reason they can't do it at home. It will be an extremely evenly matched battle, and bitterly contested, but home field advantage and cold weather may give the Giants a tiny edge. I'd give New York 54% chances of winning.
</p>

</p>

</p>

In summary, each of these five games is reasonably winnable on an individual basis when examined by itself. It's the stringing of these five together as a single, long winning streak that is unlikely. But there is no reason the Giants can't prevail in each one.
</p>

THEMASTER
11-30-2011, 10:39 PM
We arent playing the Colts we are playing the best team in NFL with the best QB and best Coaching staff and undefeated reigning super bowl champs. While we are a trash team with no heart coming off a blowout from the saints + Injuries galore = 62-7 Packers win.
</P>

What he said, fire TC and move the team to some obscure city in the pine barrens. No to an obscure city near the Canadian border just north of the big skinny Lake.......maybe then these overpaid, overhyped, over inflated egotists will realize they are dog poo......Watching the Gmen since '56, this team is awful. Lucky to have the W's they have.</P>

Marvelousmik
11-30-2011, 10:41 PM
Honestly, 11-5 is not unrealistic for the Giants. More bizarre things have certainly happened before in NFL history.

Game 1. Beat the Packers, at home. Green Bay is 11-0, sure, but surely that means that they are bound to lose their first game sooner or later, and the Giants, in the Meadowlands, are as realistic a challenger as they'll probably have the rest of their schedule. The Packers will be heavily favored, though, no doubt. Stealing this win will be a major upset.

Game 2. Beat the Cowboys, on the road. The Giants are 2-0 at Cowboys Stadium, and this game is very similar to the 2009 stadium inaugural opener now that Romo and Eli will likely both be under center, so again, this is a reasonable shot. No reason why the Giants should be favored, but no reason why they should be an underdog either. A decent chance of winning. It may really be 50/50, a coin tosses' odds.
</p>

</p>

<font color="#000080">Then, the schedule finishes with 3 consecutive home games at the Meadowlands.</font>
</p>

</p>

Game 3. Beat the Redskins at home. Washington is 4-7 right now. The Giants have owned the Skins in recent years just like the Eagles have owned the Giants. This one should be a piece of cake, the easiest remaining game on the schedule for New York.</p>

</p>

Game 4. Beat the Jets at home. Yes, this is technically an "away" game, but it's at the Meadowlands and involves no travel, so it's a home game. Again, no reason the Giants should be favored, but no reason they would be an underdog either. Certainly a good chance of winning.
</p>

</p>

Game 5. Beat the Cowboys at home. If the Giants can beat the Cowboys on the road, no reason they can't do it at home. It will be an extremely evenly matched battle, and bitterly contested, but home field advantage and cold weather may give the Giants a tiny edge. I'd give New York 54% chances of winning.
</p>

</p>

</p>

In summary, each of these five games is reasonably winnable on an individual basis when examined by itself. It's the stringing of these five together as a single, long winning streak that is unlikely. But there is no reason the Giants can't prevail in each one.
</p>

no

elifan10
11-30-2011, 10:45 PM
Fewell is our D-Coordinator and we will never win a big game with him as our COACH so thats why.

THEMASTER
11-30-2011, 10:48 PM
Obviously someonehas the possible disease....lol. Probably? They win 2 possibly 3 more, that is all folks......they could easily win only 1 more. They could lose two to the Cowgirls, lose to the Jets, and beat the Redskins to finish 7-9. This defense is riddled, the running game is in a shambles, and the passing game is on life support. Now lets not talk about the 100 yards of passing yardage racked up when the 'aints were in prevent pls......Lots of holes in this team, the ship sinks allowing the salvage operation to start in the post season.

FBomb
11-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Why cant we win out. Who says the almighty Packers have to win. I know we are all pissed about Monday night. It is over. Why cant we run the table. Why cant this team save the season right now! Backs against the wall no chance on Sunday. Prove me right G MEN Dig down deep and play like The New York football Giants</P>

Have you watched one minute of the last 2 games?</P>

No heart....no fight........I could take losing, our injuries are overwhelming......but we have starters that have given up.</P>

Winning out is not going to happen and if they don't at least LOOK like can compete againts GB, the home crowd is going to get very ugly.....and will be calling for Coughlin's head.</P>

NYfanatic
11-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Why cant we win out. Who says the almighty Packers have to win. I know we are all pissed about Monday night. It is over. Why cant we run the table. Why cant this team save the season right now! Backs against the wall no chance on Sunday. Prove me right G MEN Dig down deep and play like The New York football Giants</p>

Have you watched one minute of the last 2 games?</p>

No heart....no fight........I could take losing, our injuries are overwhelming......but we have starters that have given up.</p>

Winning out is not going to happen and if they don't at least LOOK like can compete againts GB, the home crowd is going to get very ugly.....and will be calling for Coughlin's head.</p>
how quick till the "Fire Coughlin" chants start up?
"We want Cowher" start?

jax5338
11-30-2011, 11:12 PM
i never count the giants out, and will be watching every game down the stretch, but if the last couple seasons and the last 2 games are any indication of how this team just gives up the second half of the year, we are doomed. the saints didnt break a sweat to score on us, and the packers are like the saints on steroids. the giants just seem to lose it at the end of the year the past few seasons under coughlin, save of course 07.

JMFP2
11-30-2011, 11:16 PM
If the remaining teams just flat out give up, the Giants could go 11-5.</P>

But, I don't think the team we have left is tough enough to beat anyone except maybe for the Redskins (and that would be a 1st for the season).</P>

BklynBlue
12-01-2011, 06:54 AM
Why can't we be 11-5?

Well for starters, we play the Packers this weekend. That's one reason why.

Any given sunday! But I seriously doubt this Sunday!

jakegibbs
12-01-2011, 07:28 AM

We have 4 of the 5 games at the home stadium where the Giants are terrible. I'd feel better if they were all on the road. What's our home field winning percentage over the last few years? I'd say way below 50%.

Next question.

Yksgntsrule
12-01-2011, 07:28 AM
The Packers last year were in shambles and limping to the finish line at 7-6. 17 games later

miked1958
12-01-2011, 09:39 AM
The Packers last year were in shambles and limping to the finish line at 7-6. 17 games later</P>

Yep and they had a TON OF INJURIES as Well and have rebounded very Well I would say since they were 7-6 after week 14 last year</P>

FBomb
12-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Why cant we win out. Who says the almighty Packers have to win. I know we are all pissed about Monday night. It is over. Why cant we run the table. Why cant this team save the season right now! Backs against the wall no chance on Sunday. Prove me right G MEN Dig down deep and play like The New York football Giants</P>

Have you watched one minute of the last 2 games?</P>

No heart....no fight........I could take losing, our injuries are overwhelming......but we have starters that have given up.</P>

Winning out is not going to happen and if they don't at least LOOK like can compete againts GB, the home crowd is going to get very ugly.....and will be calling for Coughlin's head.</P>

how quick till the "Fire Coughlin" chants start up?
"We want Cowher" start?

</P>

The first time we run the draw play on 3rd and 11.</P>

miked1958
12-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Why can't we be 11-5? Well for starters, we play the Packers this weekend. That's one reason why.Yep we cant beat anybody undefeated</P>

I can answer why we cant be 11-5 in one word: Injuries. However.....</P>

What do you mean by the comment: "YEP WE CANT BEAT ANYBODY UNDEFEATED"???</P>

We beat an undefeated Denver team that was 13-0</P>

We beat an undefeated Patriots team that was 18-0</P>

We will beat an undefeated Packers team either this week or use the game as a STEPPING STONE like we did in 07 in last game of season vs Pats, then win 4 in a row to win Division. THEN comeback and stop their PERFECT Season in 2nd Round of the Playoffs. BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYY......</P>

Oh and I made a thread about this week being our week 17 week from 07.. Go check it out and leave a post on it for me and tell me what you think</P>

Yksgntsrule
12-03-2011, 05:47 PM
bELIeve!

miked1958
12-03-2011, 05:50 PM
bELIeve!
Oh I do

StarWarsGiant
12-03-2011, 06:53 PM
WE can't be 11-5 b/c we can't play defense at all..