PDA

View Full Version : its officially time to end the kiwi experiment

FishinTheSalt
11-30-2011, 10:27 PM
Move him back to de, rotate him and tolly until he reaclimates to the position. Not saying hes not a decent lber, he is the best option we have to take tucks place.

Watching him drop back into coverage instead of rushing the qb wasn't the idea of putting him at lb in the first place. Am I wrong?

Flame away.

elifan10
11-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Hes slow. Perry Fewell is the worst D-Coordinator ever

NYfanatic
11-30-2011, 10:30 PM
He has looked good in the limted time at DE this year.

FishinTheSalt
11-30-2011, 10:37 PM

Let's face it. We could have 3 palumalu's back there and if we don't get any pressure we are going to continue to get picked apart by everyone.

DemandedAce
11-30-2011, 10:38 PM

Seriously, stop posting all over the boards with your Tebowrection pictures. Sick of seeing your ****ty pictures when I'm reading the forums, Tebow isn't on this team and he isn't a good football player, get with the program. Oh, and he also isn't a New York Giant, just an FYI.

YATittle1962
11-30-2011, 10:39 PM
since the day the discussion started about trying him at LB years ago......my very first thought was....

KEEP HIS HAND IN THE DIRT!!!!!

and that thought has never changed

DemandedAce
11-30-2011, 10:43 PM
since the day the discussion started about trying him at LB years ago......my very first thought was....

So say we all.

FishinTheSalt
11-30-2011, 10:45 PM

The way ticks playing, tuck would be an upgrade.

FishinTheSalt
11-30-2011, 10:47 PM

The way tucks playing, kiwi would be an upgrade. He was supposed to be a blitzing lb. Not covering lanky receivers. You don't need to be an NFL coach to see that.

T-Murda84
11-30-2011, 10:49 PM
Yea Bench Tuck, And lets start Kiwi and JPP and Ends. Since Tuck is questioning whether he belongs on the field, and wondering if his practice time will pay off. He sounds like hes going to retire.

Giant stuck in Texas
11-30-2011, 10:55 PM

Seriously, stop posting all over the boards with your Tebowrection pictures. Sick of seeing your ****ty pictures when I'm reading the forums, Tebow isn't on this team and he isn't a good football player, get with the program. Oh, and he also isn't a New York Giant, just an FYI.lmao

Giant stuck in Texas
11-30-2011, 10:56 PM
My question is, who do we replace Kiwi with at LB?

NYfanatic
11-30-2011, 11:00 PM

Seriously, stop posting all over the boards with your Tebowrection pictures. Sick of seeing your ****ty pictures when I'm reading the forums, Tebow isn't on this team and he isn't a good football player, get with the program. Oh, and he also isn't a New York Giant, just an FYI.
I will gladly change my tebow avatar when this team show up.
Give you a deal if the Giants lose by less then 14 points then I will get rid of the tebow pictures.
but if not he stays.
*edit - I got rid of the tebow sig because Eli is playing well
But the deal is now, Giants lose by less then 17 I will get rid of my Tebow avatar. If not the avatar stays.

FishinTheSalt
11-30-2011, 11:03 PM

Good question, not sure, but someone needs to step up, and Chase is back. I'm not sure kiwi is significantly better than any of the young guys in coverage. I could be wrong, but has anyone seen kiwi break up a pass in recent weeks?

JMFP2
11-30-2011, 11:03 PM
Kiwi is needed at DE. Tuck and Osi can't go.</P>

Kiwi and JPP could both provide a good pass rush.</P>

GiantFanatic55
11-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Kiwi is needed at DE. Tuck and Osi can't go.</p>

Kiwi and JPP could both provide a good pass rush.</p>

Kiwi is our most complete pass rusher imo..he should be moved back to DE next year and start with JPP

Giant stuck in Texas
11-30-2011, 11:12 PM

Good question, not sure, but someone needs to step up, and Chase is back. I'm not sure kiwi is significantly better than any of the young guys in coverage. I could be wrong, but has anyone seen kiwi break up a pass in recent weeks?If this was to happen, I can see Chase at MLB and Herzlich replacing Kiwi with Williams on the opposite. It's been said that Herzlich knows all LB positions. lol idk can't get any worse.

GiantFanatic55
11-30-2011, 11:16 PM

Good question, not sure, but someone needs to step up, and Chase is back. I'm not sure kiwi is significantly better than any of the young guys in coverage. I could be wrong, but has anyone seen kiwi break up a pass in recent weeks?If this was to happen, I can see Chase at MLB and Herzlich replacing Kiwi with Williams on the opposite. It's been said that Herzlich knows all LB positions. lol idk can't get any worse.

I agree...Herz, Chase and Williams would be the starters if Kiwi was moved back to DE

And with osi possibly out 4 games and tuck's poor play, i think it's best to move Kiwi back to DE in order to create some sort of pass rush

JMFP2
11-30-2011, 11:20 PM

Kiwi is our most complete pass rusher imo..he should be moved back to DE next year and start with JPP
</P>

I completely agree. He's stout against the run, and is effective as a pass rusher. They really need someone to step up and make a play other than JPP.</P>

BurnerNYG
11-30-2011, 11:36 PM

Seriously, stop posting all over the boards with your Tebowrection pictures. Sick of seeing your ****ty pictures when I'm reading the forums, Tebow isn't on this team and he isn't a good football player, get with the program. Oh, and he also isn't a New York Giant, just an FYI.Lmao... I got D Rose as my avatar, I hope that doesn't bother you but I can't wait to see this electric warrior take the court this Christmas. Anyway, I feel you... this so called Giants fan and his man crush for Tebow is downright sickening. I like a few players around the league but I'm not gonna post em as my avatar. Lol @ Tebowrection.

FishinTheSalt
11-30-2011, 11:39 PM
Kiwi is needed at DE.* Tuck and Osi can't go.</P>

</P>

I completely agree.* He's stout against the run, and is effective as a pass rusher.* They really need someone to step up and make a play other than JPP.</P>

Why wait until next year? If we don't find a way to get pressure, the seasons already over.

GiantFanatic55
11-30-2011, 11:45 PM
Kiwi is needed at DE. Tuck and Osi can't go.</p>

Kiwi and JPP could both provide a good pass rush.</p>

</p>

I completely agree. He's stout against the run, and is effective as a pass rusher. They really need someone to step up and make a play other than JPP.</p>

Why wait until next year? If we don't find a way to get pressure, the seasons already over.

I was just talking out loud for next year, but yeah he should be moved back to DE now, cause like you said, if we don't get pressure, we cant win games

JMFP2
11-30-2011, 11:54 PM

</P>

I completely agree. He's stout against the run, and is effective as a pass rusher. They really need someone to step up and make a play other than JPP.</P>

Why wait until next year? If we don't find a way to get pressure, the seasons already over.</P>

Just to be clear, I'm in favor of Kiwi shifting right now. I was just agreeing with the comments concerning his ability.</P>

gfanblue
11-30-2011, 11:56 PM
Wasnt that a Sheridan thing to begin with? If fewell is so good, why wont he change this awful experiment?

BurnerNYG
11-30-2011, 11:57 PM
Kiwi is the true leader of this defense and having him play LBer is pure waste of talent. He absolutely loves the Giants too or else I think he would've bailed to another team and got paid.

BurnerNYG
11-30-2011, 11:59 PM
Wasnt that a Sheridan thing to begin with? If fewell is so good, why wont he change this awful experiment?Nah that was actually a Spags and Reese experiment but I'm pretty sure our current coaches, mainly Coughlin can override it.

YATittle1962
12-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Wasnt that a Sheridan thing to begin with? If fewell is so good, why wont he change this awful experiment?

it was a Spagnuolo vision

NYG 5
12-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Kiwi as a lb in a 3-4 makes sense, but it always boggled the mind that they wanted him in a 4-3, he's just too big, and too late in the NFL to just change positions like that.

Kiwi adding some pass rush would be the greatest addition to this defense. Moving one man around improves performance globally, almost like a QB. What's the point of having him get stuck as a linebacker so tuck and osi can play patty cake, while the whole defense has to sit back in coverage for 10 seconds? Even Derrick Brooks would get burned in that situation

FishinTheSalt
12-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Wasnt that a Sheridan thing to begin with? If fewell is so good, why wont he change this awful experiment?Nah that was actually a Spags and Reese experiment but I'm pretty sure our current coaches, mainly Coughlin can override it.

Right, but the idea was to use him as a blitzing lb and run stopper. Not to have him drop into pass coverage. Now we're just wasting his talent and asking him to do something he's not built to do.

You can never have too many pass rushers, so why is one of our best pass rushers dropping back into coverage more often than not?

myles2424
12-01-2011, 03:38 AM
thatll have to come 2012....there's no ore excuse for this crap at LB, how the he'll do you ignore such a severe problem year after year without fixing it? & it's not just SLB,it's MLB also.....

It's make me sick to see the patch jobs we place on the LB position....

We had kiwi at SLB,failed.....drafted a pass rushing 3-4 LB in sintim,failed.....Dillard,bum....Adrian Tracey,small school DE playing LB,failed.....now were back to the Kiwi experiment.....

I mean exactly how bad do things have to get before we fix the problem? With a true 3 down 4-3 LB? 2012 is the year for it....no excuses.....

SweetZombieJesus
12-01-2011, 03:48 AM
He's always been best at DE.

Can't blame him for being tired of switching positions, though. This would be, what, the 5th or 6th time?

redbeardxxv
12-01-2011, 05:33 AM

EXACTLY.

tonyt830
12-01-2011, 07:12 AM
Move him back to de, rotate him and tolly until he reaclimates to the position. Not saying hes not a decent lber, he is the best option we have to take tucks place.

Watching him drop back into coverage instead of rushing the qb wasn't the idea of putting him at lb in the first place. Am I wrong?

Flame away.I agree I would rather see him back at DE. Maybe if Boley is healthy this week and Blackburn can start, we will see more of Kiwi at DE with Osi hurt and Tuck ineffective/hurt.

A LB should be a priority in the draft/FA this year. Goff is coming an ACL injury and we dont have a true SAM backer.

jakegibbs
12-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Yea Bench Tuck, And lets start Kiwi and JPP and Ends. Since Tuck is questioning whether he belongs on the field, and wondering if his practice time will pay off. He sounds like hes going to retire.

Move Tuck back inside at one tackle. Look back he played pretty well on the inside position during the SB run beside Michael.

Tony Bruno
12-01-2011, 12:56 PM
The guys does really well when rushing the QB.. Ill never understand how they dont see this and put him back to his position.... Esp. with Tuck and Osi being out those games too...

We are just failing to use talent in the proper place...

If they want him at LB put him at MLB.... He has proven to shoot gaps and make plays... I think the range he can cover is more suitable to a MLB... Either way let him go get the QB...

jppmvp90
01-25-2012, 08:29 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

FishinTheSalt
01-25-2012, 08:48 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

if you actually read the parts I posted. I stand by what I said. At the time of the original post, osi was out, tuck was struggling with nagging injuries. we weren't getting pressure on opposing qbs.

More importantly, we were losing.

Is it wrong to discuss a player moving back to his natural position? Kiwi is an average lber, at his best when he rushes the qb. Not so good in coverage. I'd still rather have a true linebacker and let Kiwi focus on smearing the qb.

So explain your reasoning for bringing this back, or are you just trying to make yourself look clever. Perhaps you only read the title and jumped to conclusions.