PDA

View Full Version : Can We Be Honest. We Won A Game We Got Outplayed In

StrahanTuck
01-22-2012, 10:39 PM
But I love it!!!! San Fran was gifted the New Orleans game and homefield. So, I don't care.

But man, the offensive line was atrocious today. They better do some work over the next 2 weeks.

BrianK
01-22-2012, 10:40 PM
No way our defense and special teams killed it today we earned it

shotcalla39
01-22-2012, 10:40 PM
They were 0 for 13 on 3rd down... Shouldn't have been close

NYG4lifeNYK
01-22-2012, 10:41 PM
STOP... WE WON ENJOY IT!!!!!!!!

HeGoesDeep
other than their 2 big plays they had nothing! shouldn't of even been this close!

superbowl time!

giantyankee1976
No way our defense and special teams killed it today we earned it

+1

we gave up two big plays to 85 sack-of-****

Alex Smith is *** and our D proved it.

F the world is you ain't down with Big Blue !!!

hating *** *****es

FishinTheSalt
01-22-2012, 10:42 PM
I don't know about that, we played with heart. had some slow spots, they have a darn good d. great game

Spizi
01-22-2012, 10:42 PM
idc we won hahahahahaa

jaygoon
01-22-2012, 10:43 PM
We got outplayed? It was pretty freakig even if you ask me.

If you didn't notice, the niners are a pretty good team defensively.

JMGGIANTS
01-22-2012, 10:48 PM
But I love it!!!! San Fran was gifted the New Orleans game and homefield. So, I don't care.

But man, the offensive line was atrocious today. They better do some work over the next 2 weeks.
</P>

We were outplayed???? Really, I don't agree with that assessment. 49ers D is really good.</P>

Tommy_Ribs
01-22-2012, 10:50 PM
I don't think we were outplayed, I think that was two damn fine teams playing their guts out.

BParcells777
01-22-2012, 10:50 PM
I'd say we played them even but it was not our A game

We better bring that game in 2 weeks

Bluesmash
01-22-2012, 10:52 PM
Nice to see we could win a defensive battle. A few weeks ago, you couldn't say that. This sets us up nicely for the SB.

ibbill
I don't think we were outplayed, I think that was two damn fine teams playing their guts out.

your right we had the ball 10 minutes longer we out played them.

Wes

</P>

</P>

We didnt get outplayed..it was basically even....both defenses were lights out....no offense was goign anywhere..the difference was going to be special teams and we won that battle. </P>

the 49ers are a great team and i think we may have just beat a better team than the patriots.</P>

JLee2911
01-22-2012, 10:53 PM

This us one of the stupidest things I've read on this board. We dominated TOP for the majority of the game. They couldn't convert any 3rd downs. We simply could not finish drives and left them hanging around for far too long. If not for two blown plays, this game is not close.

#Allin #SB46

Phillybill
01-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Congratulations to the Giants and all of you. It was just another in a string of good clutch play. That team has heart. Now, go finish the job and hopefully someone on your D plants pretty boy into the turf two weeks from now.

Zaggs
01-22-2012, 10:54 PM
I wouldn't say we got outplayed. It was pretty even. They played harder than I thought. But they lived by turnovers last week and died by them today.

NYGRealityCheck
01-22-2012, 10:54 PM

It was very good game from both teams. No one gave out non-4th down turnovers on offense. The turnovers came from San Fran's punt returner and helped the Giants get the edge at the end! Very hard fought game from both teams.

OX1
01-22-2012, 10:57 PM
No way. That was a team that touted they DON'T give up turnovers.

giantsforce
01-22-2012, 11:00 PM
They were 0 for 13 on 3rd down... Shouldn't have been closeYeah and they are giving props to Coughlin! Darn right it should not have been anywhere that close.

bflo23
01-22-2012, 11:02 PM

You were watching a different game. Giants had more total yards and had the ball possession for like 12 more minutes. Our offense had more success against their defense than the other way around. And do you really have to compare special teams?

PS.... 0-13 on 3rd conversions for the 49ers?! Great job by Giants D

Gmenfan87
01-22-2012, 11:04 PM
How many 3rd down conversions did SF have again?

Outplayed? Some fans geez

Raffi
01-22-2012, 11:05 PM

</p>

</p>

We didnt get outplayed..it was basically even....both defenses were lights out....no offense was goign anywhere..the difference was going to be special teams and we won that battle. </p>

the 49ers are a great team and i think we may have just beat a better team than the patriots.</p>

Agreed, great point

Tony Bruno
01-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Enjoy!!!

Kingb50
01-22-2012, 11:08 PM

</P>

*</P>

We didnt get outplayed..it was basically even....both defenses were lights out....no offense was goign anywhere..the difference was going to be special teams and we won that battle.* </P>

the 49ers are a great team and i think we may have just beat a better team than the patriots.</P>

AMEN!! LETS SHOCK THE WORLD AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bflo23
01-22-2012, 11:11 PM
What about those 3 terrible ref calls? Vernon Davis out of bounds on that 1st TD, bogus spot on that Jacobs 1st down run and that Aldon Smith clearly running off sides and sacking Eli.

OX1
01-22-2012, 11:13 PM
What about those 3 terrible ref calls? Vernon Davis out of bounds on that 1st TD, bogus spot on that Jacobs 1st down run and that Aldon Smith clearly running off sides and sacking Eli.

and the horsecollar on nicks, no call............

BigBlue1971

</P>

</P>

we won the game, besides the Giants were not outplayed.</P>

they out played and OUT SCORED the 9ers!</P>

G-Men Surg.

WTH are you talking about bro ! We won the @&€ game !
Hey don't get me wrong everybody knew it would come to this, a turnover or error . Heck SF didn't had any answers at O, only 2 ĄŁ$ long plays. 0 fro 14 on 3rd down convertions only 4 on penalties and you are saying we got outplayed ???? Yea right bro !!!!

XxBigWhitxX
01-22-2012, 11:16 PM

We won a slobbernocker but we won it fair and square. we made fewer mistakes and capitalized when given the chance. there was no "BETTER" team today.

buddy33
01-22-2012, 11:16 PM
The defense made two mistakes. Other than that the Giants played a great game.

Not sure what game you where watching.

SackingMyths
01-22-2012, 11:17 PM
After all the times we've been clearly hosed, I'm apologizing for nuttin and you shouldn't either.

Enjoy it my Big Blue Brethren[&lt;:o)]

Whoops. Yeah, that's a big difference.

giantsfan420
01-22-2012, 11:17 PM
but the 9er defense and run game was soooooo much better than ou....oh...wait no it wasnt not at all.

whatd gore have like 30 yards?

our d held them to 17 and there d couldnt keep us from 20...me thinks our team was is and will always be better

nykn72
01-22-2012, 11:18 PM
FAIL POST

Bohemian
01-22-2012, 11:27 PM
It is amazing how some fans can still complain about things that make no sense at all, even after our team beat a great team on the road under terrible conditions. That defense was super consistent after settling down and pinning Davis from more catches, and our offense played wonderfully.

I can't say enough of how proud I am about Coughlin and our Gmen. It was a great game, knowing that it would just be a matter of time if we eliminate the big play from the niners. The turnovers on special teams were great bonus to a very solid game by the gmen tonight.

The niners are a hell of a team, but it became obvious that without the big play they are extremely vulnerable. Eli was amazing to say the least... he got hit so hard and so often, but typical of him, he just kept on clicking.

Go Blue!

buddy33
01-22-2012, 11:28 PM
How did the 49ers get hosed?

mrg3
01-22-2012, 11:34 PM
Thought it was pretty even, Both D's played great. 2 Turn overs the difference

DJloves
01-22-2012, 11:35 PM
If the 49er hadn't touched the punt giving us the ball at the 30, I don't know what would have happened. Their defense wouldn't really let us beyond midfield for much of the second half.... but you also have to consider that the 49ers had much better starting field position than us for much of the game as well and still did less.

But the point is that we capitalized on their mistakes, put up an impressive defensive stand (giving up really just 3 big plays), moved the ball on offense more than them, and ultimately had the better game. We won and deserved to win. Either team would have in this situation.

Week49
01-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Was about even. Williams killed it at the end, but Giants still had a really good shot in OT either way (the way the pace was going at the time).

NWKEffectElement
01-22-2012, 11:38 PM
GTFOH!!!! We should have blew them out!!!!

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
01-22-2012, 11:42 PM
I don't agree! Did they play good D...of course. Their offense outside of 2 plays to VD we pretty much **** them down. I think they went 1 for 12 on 3rd down.