PDA

View Full Version : Where Are All Those People...

burier
12-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Who were giving me hard time a few weeks ago when I told you that Tuck was soft girl who should be traded?

Quoth The Burier...never more.

MattMeyerBud
12-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Who were giving me hard time a few weeks ago when I told you that Tuck was soft girl who should be traded?

right here... if anything I would of thought that you would of realized how stupid your points were by now

Dude is obviously hurt and playing thorugh the injury. and is ineffective. Hence why he wasn't a ***** for sitting out and trying to get better.

burier
12-01-2011, 12:29 PM

right here... if anything I would of thought that you would of realized how stupid your points were by now

Dude is obviously hurt and playing thorugh the injury. and is ineffective.* Hence why he wasn't a ***** for sitting out and trying to get better.*

The problem is the doctors weren't holding him out then. The doctors aren't holding him out now...so if a booboo is making him ineffective then what do you call that????

I call it *****assness.

Did his injury make him give up on that play monday night? Or was it *****assness???

Did his injury make him say he's playing cautiously because he didn't want to get hurt? Or was it *****assness???

Its pretty obvious the dude is weak sauce.

RoanokeFan
12-01-2011, 12:33 PM

Dude is obviously hurt and playing thorugh the injury. and is ineffective. Hence why he wasn't a ***** for sitting out and trying to get better.

I'm not so sure he's "playing through the injury" and he's been quoted, more than once, saying he's afraid of being hurt. He's also admitted more than once that it's his concern about being injured that is holding him back.

I don't know what "soft" really means in football terms, but it's clear, from his own mouth, that he playing scared.

MattMeyerBud
12-01-2011, 12:37 PM

The problem is the doctors weren't holding him out then. The doctors aren't holding him out now...so if a booboo is making him ineffective then what do you call that????

I call it *****assness.

Did his injury make him give up on that play monday night? Or was it *****assness???

Did his injury make him say he's playing cautiously because he didn't want to get hurt? Or was it *****assness???

true

i guess he just plain ol sucks. You have a great and valid argument

because if u can go then that means your 100%

anybody that uses weak sauce isn't allowed to speak. I should give u a day ban for that (kidding mod haters, don't get your THONGS in a bunch)

The guy is out there every play and playing.

You want to talk "Weak Sauce", how bout a sprained ankle shelfing OSi 2-4 weeks.

Your not weak if ur in the NFL playing with injuries. The fact that he isn't playing like he normally does tells me that him sitting out was justified.

Glad your a mind reader though and can just tell that its a mental thing for him. I don't see him mobile out there at all, hes obviously injured and your case obviously garbage

MattMeyerBud
12-01-2011, 12:38 PM

I'm not so sure he's "playing through the injury" and he's been quoted, more than once, saying he's afraid of being hurt. He's also admitted more than once that it's his concern about being injured that is holding him back.

I don't know what "soft" really means in football terms, but it's clear, from his own mouth, that he playing scared.

being able to not play confidently because your hurt and still going out and doing it is the opposite of being soft

Roosevelt
12-01-2011, 12:40 PM
I think he told Mike he was at 65% or so physically. Mentally he's probably lower than that right now.

He's certainly in a funk.

RoanokeFan
12-01-2011, 12:42 PM

being able to not play confidently because your hurt and still going out and doing it is the opposite of being soft

Then he's not "soft" but he also doesn't have his head, literally, in the game and that makes him a detriment. Tuck's play and his remarks are just not what we need right now. He's still got a load of talent, but if he's afraid to let loose, he will not be effective.

Taking a knee after missing the sack on Brees was inexcusable to me.

T-Diddy
12-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Also,where are all the people who said Fewell should succeed tom as coach?

burier
12-01-2011, 12:45 PM

Dude is obviously hurt and playing thorugh the injury. and is ineffective.* Hence why he wasn't a ***** for sitting out and trying to get better.*

I call it *****assness.

true

anybody that uses weak sauce isn't allowed to speak. I should give u a day ban for that (kidding mod haters, don't get your THONGS in a bunch)

You want to talk "Weak Sauce", how bout a sprained ankle shelfing OSi 2-4 weeks.

Your not weak if ur in the NFL playing* with injuries. The fact that he isn't playing like he normally does tells me that him sitting out was justified.

Glad your a mind reader though and can just tell that its a mental thing for him.* I don't see him* mobile out there at all, hes obviously injured and your case obviously garbage

I mean Osi is garbage too. I want them packaged together and shipped outta dodge.

And my points are valid. Sarcasm won't change that fact.

I understand that you believe the hype..
'
Everyone was saying Tuck was the real MVP of the superbowl.

Everyone was saying he was the next Michael Strahan.

But his whole career he comes out of games in key moments.

Verbally expressed his disinterest in taking a leadership role in Strah's stead.

Verbally expressed displeasure and "wearing down" because he was being double teamed.

All these things have been going on for years now.

Not saying he's got to be as good as LT but if LT can dominate a game with a separated shoulder then Tuck should at least be able to hold is own with his nondescript owies. We're in December everyone is playing at 65%

MattMeyerBud
12-01-2011, 12:46 PM
I think he told Mike he was at 65% or so physically. Mentally he's probably lower than that right now.

did anybody think that him not being confident in his play as being justified?

I just love the fact that burier thinks hes right because Tuck is playing - so that shows he was being a *****

the argument doesn't make sense

MattMeyerBud
12-01-2011, 12:48 PM

Then he's not "soft" but he also doesn't have his head, literally, in the game and that makes him a detriment. Tuck's play and his remarks are just not what we need right now. He's still got a load of talent, but if he's afraid to let loose, he will not be effective.

if his head isn't in it or not really isn't the point. We don't know if its justified or not, we don't know how he feels

but either way that has nothing to do wtih the Os point.

And i don't read those comments as hes afraid to let loose. Dudes earned his warrior points for this team, anybody to question his toughness needs to have their fanhood questioned

burier
12-01-2011, 12:49 PM
I think he told Mike he was at 65% or so physically.* Mentally he's probably lower than that right now.

He's certainly in a funk.*

I just love the fact that burier thinks hes right because Tuck is playing - so that shows he was being a *****

No you read me all wrong.

Tuck is playing like a *****-so that shows he was/is being a *****

MattMeyerBud
12-01-2011, 12:57 PM

I call it *****assness.

true

Your not weak if ur in the NFL playing with injuries. The fact that he isn't playing like he normally does tells me that him sitting out was justified.

Glad your a mind reader though and can just tell that its a mental thing for him. I don't see him mobile out there at all, hes obviously injured and your case obviously garbage

I mean Osi is garbarge too. I want them packaged together and shipped outta dodge.

'

Verbally expressed his disinterest in taking a leadership role in Strah's stead.

Verbally expressed displeasure and "wearing down" because he was being double teamed.

Not saying he's got to be as good as LT but if LT can dominate a game with a separated shoulder then Tuck should at least be able to hold is own with his nondescript owies. We're in December everyone is playing at 65%

He comes out in key moments? Your beyond ridiculous now. There is no hype. I tell everybody to forget 2007 because thats why people still think coughlin should be coach here. So don't confuse what I say with whoever else your arguing.

Hes not a vocal person, just like Eli isn't. I do find it alot more annoying not having a firey guy on defense - but its not who he is. I consider him a leader by example and we have no clue what goes on in the locker room.

Anybody would tell you that DEs wear down hence why we always try to have at least 3 DEs. Hell even the great Michael Strahan was taken off the field. If you think this only happens here or its not common and what not then your just ignorant to the whole standard.

Non descript for a reason my man. If your really living in the moment about injury reports and waht they tell you, then your just ignorant to how MANY things go in the NFL.

No, not everybody is playing at 65%. Your whole view point is just babble

MattMeyerBud
12-01-2011, 01:06 PM

No you read me all wrong.

Tuck is playing like a *****-so that shows he was/is being a *****

and thats ******ed

The fact because YOU don't know what the actual diagnosis is is what your basing your opinion on. If something came out Dude played a full season with a torn labrum in his shoulder two years ago. He got it in week 2 and played the entire season and had surgery after. Hes not a ***** by any means

like i said your argument is even WORSE now about all of this. He would have been in worse shape had he never taken the time off to try and heal. Dude came back and isn't effective and is still out there, its ignorant to say hes a ***** because of that - its the complete opposite

Gianthunter
12-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Mr. Tuck is another piece of dead wood that will be burned in the offseason.

burier
12-01-2011, 01:15 PM

I call it *****assness.

true

Your not weak if ur in the NFL playing* with injuries. The fact that he isn't playing like he normally does tells me that him sitting out was justified.

Glad your a mind reader though and can just tell that its a mental thing for him.* I don't see him* mobile out there at all, hes obviously injured and your case obviously garbage

I mean Osi is garbarge too. I want them packaged together and shipped outta dodge.

'

He comes out in key moments? Your beyond ridiculous now.* There is no hype.* I tell everybody to forget 2007 because thats why people still think coughlin should be coach here. So don't confuse what I say with whoever else your arguing.

Hes not a vocal person, just like Eli isn't. I do find it alot more annoying not having a firey guy on defense - but its not who he is.* I consider him a leader by example and we have no clue what goes on in the locker room.

Anybody would tell you that DEs wear down hence why we always try to have at least 3 DEs. Hell even the great Michael Strahan was taken off the field. If you think this only happens here or its not common and what not then your just ignorant to the whole standard.

Non descript for a reason my man. If your really living in the moment about injury reports and waht they tell you, then your just ignorant to how MANY things go in the NFL.*

No, not everybody is playing at 65%. Your whole view point is just babble

Sure everyone comes out of games but star players...team leaders don't come out at key moments and Tuck does. If you haven't seen this from Tuck then you are the ignorant one.

Tuck is a poor leader. I don't care about anyone being Rah Rah. I'm talking about leadership. You want to lead by example fine. Leading by example isn't Telling the press that The eagles have poor chemisty a week before they whip your teams *** and specifically whip your *** all over the field.

Leading by example isn't about telling the press that youre PLAYING SCARED!

You seem to want to act like there's some sort of gamesmanship going on with the injury report and we don't really know whats the real deal on Tuck...Fine..Could be...But wouldn't Tuck letting the whole world know he's scared undermind that entire effort? You call that leadership?

And how is laying on the ground showing no effort or desire on National televison leading by example...I'm not even mentioning how ridiculous he looked for missing the tackle in the first place. Is he playing paralyzed? Do his arms not work??

Then he goes on the sideline and pouts like a girl who just got felt up on a couch. That's your leader???

As far as him wearing down...You talk out of both sides your mouth. I'm babbling for suggesting that EVERYONE is playing hurt...but then you say all ends wear down. I'm confused...which is it.

it the NFL you're gonna wear down..you're gonna get hurt....What you don't do is complain about it.

Compare that Strah who was frequently TRIPPLE teamed in his prime and told the press he was flattered.

I'm sorry man. But you need to wake up and smell the roses on this guy. He's hurting the team.

BlueJayC
12-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Not ready to write Tuck off yet.....I do think he's fighting through the injuries though that's just my opinion.....stingers and any type of neck injury are scary and take a lot of time......see Kiwi.....</P>

We'll see what Sunday brings but with all this weak sauce talk I expect him to have a monster game.....gamers usually rise to the challenge so I'll wait till Monday to pass judgement.</P>

burier
12-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Not ready to write Tuck off yet.....I do think he's fighting through the injuries though that's just my opinion.....stingers and any type of neck injury are scary and take a lot of time......see Kiwi.....</P>

We'll see what Sunday brings but with all this weak sauce talk I expect him to have a monster game.....gamers usually rise to the challenge so I'll wait till Monday to pass judgement.</P>

Lets keep Kiwi (Peirce) out of it. Those guys had real injuries.

Kiwi had a herniated disk You can't play with that and he was put on IR.

I hope to God Tuck suddenly plays well because we need a win badly...but so far Tuck has not answered the bell

RoanokeFan
12-01-2011, 02:59 PM

if his head isn't in it or not really isn't the point. We don't know if its justified or not, we don't know how he feels

<font color="#0000FF">And i don't read those comments as hes afraid to let loose.</font> Dudes earned his warrior points for this team, anybody to question his toughness needs to have their fanhood questioned

Matt, that's not an interpretation, it's what he said. His warrior points, as you call them, are about as relative to his play now as the Super Bowl win in 2007 is to the keep or fire TC argument where you correctly say it's not a factor for TC now.

How long does Tuck get to fail to perform to his previous level or play on those "warrior points?

egyptian420
12-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Not ready to write Tuck off yet.....I do think he's fighting through the injuries though that's just my opinion.....stingers and any type of neck injury are scary and take a lot of time......see Kiwi.....</p>

We'll see what Sunday brings but with all this weak sauce talk I expect him to have a monster game.....gamers usually rise to the challenge so I'll wait till Monday to pass judgement.</p>
+1...u and me seem to be the last 2 fans that have Any respect for Tuck, I was greatly disappointed by his performance and his attitude but I think he was just going through a really tough point in his career and didn't react to in a way that we're usually accustomed too. I think he knows the fans are really let down and I'm sure Strahan lit some fire under all of their a##es...I have a feeling this D-line will play their butts off this week. I just hope the O backs them up, it seems like every week we play good on one side of the ball, and the other slacks. We need a complete game from all sides of the football if we have a Chance of beating GB.

MattMeyerBud
12-01-2011, 03:10 PM

<font color="#0000FF">And i don't read those comments as hes afraid to let loose.</font> Dudes earned his warrior points for this team, anybody to question his toughness needs to have their fanhood questioned

Matt, that's not an interpretation, it's what he said. His warrior points, as you call them, are about as relative to his play now as the Super Bowl win in 2007 is to the keep or fire TC argument where you correctly say it's not a factor for TC now.

How long does Tuck get to fail to perform to his previous level or play on those "warrior points?

if im fielding the argument that you want to get rid of him because hes injury prone, my approach would be different and I would be understanding

Don't tell me this guys a *****, as burier is trying to do, because its a dumb argument. The guy is coming off a nasty year last year. His Warrior points came form 09, where he played through the whole season with a TEAR IN HIS SHOULDER in which case he STILL had a decent year

So now we're going to clal him a ***** because he missed time and isn't playing good even though hes telling us he sinjured? Thats just stupid.

How bout we live off his play from LAST YEAR and appreciate the fact taht he said hes hurt and isn't himself.

MattMeyerBud
12-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Not ready to write Tuck off yet.....I do think he's fighting through the injuries though that's just my opinion.....stingers and any type of neck injury are scary and take a lot of time......see Kiwi.....</p>

We'll see what Sunday brings but with all this weak sauce talk I expect him to have a monster game.....gamers usually rise to the challenge so I'll wait till Monday to pass judgement.</p>
+1...u and me seem to be the last 2 fans that have Any respect for Tuck, I was greatly disappointed by his performance and his attitude but I think he was just going through a really tough point in his career and didn't react to in a way that we're usually accustomed too. I think he knows the fans are really let down and I'm sure Strahan lit some fire under all of their a##es...I have a feeling this D-line will play their butts off this week. I just hope the O backs them up, it seems like every week we play good on one side of the ball, and the other slacks. We need a complete game from all sides of the football if we have a Chance of beating GB.

I completely respect him. He is coming off a nasty year in 2010 and hes telling us hes hurt. Anybody that questions his toughness is a moron. Dude played a full 16 two years ago with a torn up shoulder... his body isn't good this year- thats the truth of it...

but roaky again - don't tell me that im living off 09. I'm living off his body of work and not one year (like many are doing wtih coughlin). He came off a GREAT year and he is a COMPLETE defensive end. Hes not healthy this year and thats just the bottom line of it.

RoanokeFan
12-01-2011, 03:16 PM

if im fielding the argument that you want to get rid of him because hes injury prone, my approach would be different and I would be understanding

Don't tell me this guys a *****, as burier is trying to do, because its a dumb argument. The guy is coming off a nasty year last year. His Warrior points came form 09, where he played through the whole season with a TEAR IN HIS SHOULDER in which case he STILL had a decent year

So now we're going to clal him a ***** because he missed time and isn't playing good even though hes telling us he sinjured? Thats just stupid.

How bout we live off his play from LAST YEAR and appreciate the fact taht he said hes hurt and isn't himself.

I don't "want to get rid of him" unless he simply can't perform, which is the case right now. I do think he needs to stay out of the locker room and off the field until he can LEAD. He's admitted his inability to play at a level acceptable to HIM is due to his BEING concerned about future injury. I can't believe someone as savvy as you don't see that as a problem in the NFL.

I haven't called him any derogatory names, not now, or ever, so don't lump me in with those who do. I do see the effect his fear is having on him and have said that's a REAL issue to him. He's NOT saying he's hurt now, that's my point.

burier
12-01-2011, 03:18 PM

I'm not so sure he's "playing through the injury" and he's been quoted, more than once, saying he's afraid of being hurt.* He's also admitted more than once that it's his concern about being injured that is holding him back.

Then he's not "soft" but he also doesn't have his head, literally, in the game and that makes him a detriment.* Tuck's play and his remarks are just not what we need right now.* He's still got a load of talent, but if he's afraid to let loose, he will not be effective.*

Matt, that's not an interpretation, it's what he said.* His warrior points, as you call them, are about as relative to his play now as the Super Bowl win in 2007 is to the keep or fire TC argument where you correctly say it's not a factor for TC now.*

Don't tell me this guys a *****, as burier is trying to do, because its a dumb argument.* The guy is coming off a nasty year last year. His Warrior points came form 09, where he played through the whole season with a TEAR IN HIS SHOULDER in which case he STILL had a decent year

Im sorry...you were blown away by his play last year???? Because I wasn't. I was told he was a linchpin type of defender who would get 15 sacks every year.

I espcially wasn't impressed with his defense allowing 21 points to go up on the board in 7 minutes.

Calling my arguments stupid doesn't make it so.

Edit: The good thing is I think there alot teams that are ready to excuse his play and lack of heart just like you are and will pay a bundle in trade for him

giantsfan420
12-01-2011, 03:19 PM
i just personally feel he is acting in the wrong manner on the sideline.

constantly being shown to be uninvolved, show a lack of caring, a lack of focus.

chewing on his mouthguard...oops there it goes, better sit down and chew on it now.

ho hum ho hum...we just got blown out, i better tell the media I dont know if me playing is helping or hurting the team or that in my mind i'm wondering if i can make a difference or that itd be a shock to the world if we beat GB.

he just isnt epitomizing a leader, hell he's not even epitomizing an nfl player.

i love tuck, for what he has done and what he will get back to doing hopefully. right now, dude is lost in his own mind i think. something is not right with him, and regardless of if hes hurt or not, he IS hurting the team.

demote him, take away the captains patch, do something to relight that fire.

jpp and kiwi should be starting until tuck pulls his head out of his ***

egyptian420
12-01-2011, 03:22 PM

I completely respect him. He is coming off a nasty year in 2010 and hes telling us hes hurt. Anybody that questions his toughness is a moron. Dude played a full 16 two years ago with a torn up shoulder... his body isn't good this year- thats the truth of it...

but roaky again - don't tell me that im living off 09. I'm living off his body of work and not one year (like many are doing wtih coughlin). He came off a GREAT year and he is a COMPLETE defensive end. Hes not healthy this year and thats just the bottom line of it.

yea man....I think he's the most disgusted person with his performance and just can't lie to himself and come off in the press conferences with that attitude he always gives the reporters...when you're out there doing nothing and not even getting on the stat sheet, it's tough to keep that attitude going, and that's why he just looked lost and beat.

Still though, I'm giving this D-line one more chance to prove that they can turn things around this week against GB. I'm not looking for a win or a loss, I'm just looking for a team that plays with heart and a D-line that's bringing pressure. I really hope Strahan's yelling got to them.

RoanokeFan
12-01-2011, 03:28 PM

yea man....I think he's the most disgusted person with his performance and just can't lie to himself and come off in the press conferences with that attitude he always gives the reporters...when you're out there doing nothing and not even getting on the stat sheet, it's tough to keep that attitude going, and that's why he just looked lost and beat.

Still though, I'm giving this D-line one more chance to prove that they can turn things around this week against GB. I'm not looking for a win or a loss, I'm just looking for a team that plays with heart and a D-line that's bringing pressure. I really hope Strahan's yelling really got to them.

You know, bansaw said something about Tuck the other day that is really on point. I think I'm quoting him properly:

"It's mind over matter; if you get it out of your mind, it doesn't matter." (sorry if it's not exact but I'm sure it's close.)

Tuck is worried about being hurt AGAIN. I can empathize with that but that makes him a detriment to the team because he cannot be relied upon to play at an effective level and he has already said that's true.

It's easy to say "stop thinking about being hurt again" when it's not our spine that's the issue. But that's what he's going to need to do to be the warrior he has been.

egyptian420
12-01-2011, 03:31 PM

Still though, I'm giving this D-line one more chance to prove that they can turn things around this week against GB. I'm not looking for a win or a loss, I'm just looking for a team that plays with heart and a D-line that's bringing pressure. I really hope Strahan's yelling really got to them.

You know, bansaw said something about Tuck the other day that is really on point. I think I'm quoting him properly:

"It's mind over matter; if you get it out of your mind, it doesn't matter." (sorry if it's not exact but I'm sure it's close.)

Tuck is worried about being hurt AGAIN. I can empathize with that but that makes him a detriment to the team because he cannot be relied upon to play at an effective level and he has already said that's true.

It's easy to say "stop thinking about being hurt again" when it's not our spine that's the issue. But that's what he's going to need to do to be the warrior he has been.

I agree, and this week will show us that, if he's out there making a fool of himself, he should sit after the second series on defense

RoanokeFan
12-01-2011, 03:35 PM

OK, I'm just going to conclude my end of the argument with this. Tuck is not playing hurt now by his own admission. He has said publicly that he's now afraid of being hurt and that is affecting his level of play. Those are his sentiments, not mine.

It has nothing to do with respecting him for me. He has all the respect I can muster, as did O'Hara and Seubert but they can no longer play at a level that helps the team and they're no longer here. Whether Tuck can or not remains to be seen, but he's not right now, according to him.

MattMeyerBud
12-01-2011, 04:21 PM

I don't "want to get rid of him" unless he simply can't perform, which is the case right now. I do think he needs to stay out of the locker room and off the field until he can LEAD. He's admitted his inability to play at a level acceptable to HIM is due to his BEING concerned about future injury. I can't believe someone as savvy as you don't see that as a problem in the NFL.

I haven't called him any derogatory names, not now, or ever, so don't lump me in with those who do. I do see the effect his fear is having on him and have said that's a REAL issue to him. He's NOT saying he's hurt now, that's my point.

well again - thats a different argument than what im getting from burier

Burier thought he should never of even taken time off and that hes just being a *****. Those are hte points im making. I just disagree wtih your assessment that im living off of 09.

Im not lumping you in with them, just trying to clear up what im arguing in here.

MattMeyerBud
12-01-2011, 04:25 PM

Im sorry...you were blown away by his play last year???? Because I wasn't. I was told he was a linchpin type of defender who would get 15 sacks every year.

I espcially wasn't impressed with his defense allowing 21 points to go up on the board in 7 minutes.

Calling my arguments stupid doesn't make it so.

Edit: The good thing is I think there alot teams that are ready to excuse his play and lack of heart just like you are and will pay a bundle in trade for him

yea i guess being a 1/2 sack short of a career high, career high in forced fumbles, career high in tackles, and his ability to contain and actually play the run isn't something to be blown away by. If you don't think he had a great year last year then you just don't know what your talking about.

No, i'm backing facts up with why your argument is stupid. I didn't realize that was tuck covering Celek and Maclin on 3 step drops or playing special teams to recover the onside kick or miss tackles on the punt return to djax. The fact that u are even trying to pin that on him soley shows how you actually don't have an argument, just an agenda. Did he bang you girl or osmething?

MattMeyerBud
12-01-2011, 04:26 PM
i just personally feel he is acting in the wrong manner on the sideline.

constantly being shown to be uninvolved, show a lack of caring, a lack of focus.

chewing on his mouthguard...oops there it goes, better sit down and chew on it now.

ho hum ho hum...we just got blown out, i better tell the media I dont know if me playing is helping or hurting the team or that in my mind i'm wondering if i can make a difference or that itd be a shock to the world if we beat GB.

he just isnt epitomizing a leader, hell he's not even epitomizing an nfl player.

i love tuck, for what he has done and what he will get back to doing hopefully. right now, dude is lost in his own mind i think. something is not right with him, and regardless of if hes hurt or not, he IS hurting the team.

demote him, take away the captains patch, do something to relight that fire.

jpp and kiwi should be starting until tuck pulls his head out of his ***

i'll eat that. I don't give him a pass for lack of leadership

but his lack of play is a different issue. His toughness should not be in question

MattMeyerBud
12-01-2011, 04:27 PM

im not discounting that hes mental, but im not questioning his toughness. If he felt good enough it would show. If theres one thing we can't question its his toughness and talent. You just don't play 16 games with a torn labrum if your a *****

MattMeyerBud
12-01-2011, 04:29 PM

OK, I'm just going to conclude my end of the argument with this. Tuck is not playing hurt now by his own admission. He has said publicly that he's now afraid of being hurt and that is affecting his level of play. Those are his sentiments, not mine.

It has nothing to do with respecting him for me. He has all the respect I can muster, as did O'Hara and Seubert but they can no longer play at a level that helps the team and they're no longer here. Whether Tuck can or not remains to be seen, but he's not right now, according to him.

I don't get how u could even suggest hes not hurt when hes missed games with the injury that he still says he has.

He has said hes hurt, he never said he wasn't. Just because hes SCARED of getting SERIOUSLY hurt doesn't mean he isn't hurt. He doesn't have the speed or strength right now, its evident

burier
12-01-2011, 04:32 PM

I'm not so sure he's "playing through the injury" and he's been quoted, more than once, saying he's afraid of being hurt.* He's also admitted more than once that it's his concern about being injured that is holding him back.

Then he's not "soft" but he also doesn't have his head, literally, in the game and that makes him a detriment.* Tuck's play and his remarks are just not what we need right now.* He's still got a load of talent, but if he's afraid to let loose, he will not be effective.*

Matt, that's not an interpretation, it's what he said.* His warrior points, as you call them, are about as relative to his play now as the Super Bowl win in 2007 is to the keep or fire TC argument where you correctly say it's not a factor for TC now.*

Don't tell me this guys a *****, as burier is trying to do, because its a dumb argument.* The guy is coming off a nasty year last year. His Warrior points came form 09, where he played through the whole season with a TEAR IN HIS SHOULDER in which case he STILL had a decent year

I don't "want to get rid of him" unless he simply can't perform, which is the case right now.* I do think he needs to stay out of the locker room and off the field until he can LEAD.* He's admitted his inability to play at a level acceptable to HIM is due to his BEING concerned about future injury.* I can't believe someone as savvy as you don't see that as a problem in the NFL.

I haven't called him any derogatory names, not now, or ever, so don't lump me in with those who do.* I do see the effect his fear is having on him and have said that's a REAL issue to him.* He's NOT saying he's hurt now, that's my point.

Burier thought he should never of even taken time off and that hes just being a *****.* Those are hte points im making.* I just disagree wtih your assessment that im living off of 09.

Im not lumping you in with them, just trying to clear up what im arguing in here.

Dude you have an issue with talking about people like their not in the room.

I'll just finnish up by saying that when Tuck missed the opener I assumed that he was really hurt and if he could play he would.

But the following week he was fine and had a solid game on monday night football.

Then he played against Philly and had a solid game.

Then he took another week off and everytime we were favored to win a game he decided not to play with the exception being a monday night game against his old coordinator.

So no..I don't think he was all that hurt. He was obviously not hurt enough to miss monday night football..wasn't hurt enough to miss Spags wasn't hurt enough to miss the eagles.

But when its time to play Kevin Kolb his goin hurts.

So no I don't think he should have been out. I think he's soft and worthless to the Giants unless he's trade bait. deal with it.

MattMeyerBud
12-01-2011, 04:33 PM
"I'm hoping that sooner or later we'll catch up with all the nagging
things," Tuck said. "It's not something that's gonna hold me out of a
game, it's just little things like I can't put myself in the same
position that I normally could." </p>

Tuck still holds out hope that he can return to an elite level by the end of the season. </p>

"I
wouldn't come here to work every day if I didn't," Tuck said. "It's
getting better. It's just not getting better as fast as I want it to." </p>

Coach Tom Coughlin has noticed. </p>

"We certainly see that he is not to where he needs to be," Coughlin said. "Hopefully that is coming." </p>

burier
12-01-2011, 04:36 PM

Tuck still holds out hope that he can return to an elite level by the end of the season. </p>

"I

"We certainly see that he is not to where he needs to be," Coughlin said. "Hopefully that is coming." </p>

I read that from Coughlin to translate to "He's playing like crap. He needs to play better."

I don't read any injury refrence.

Coloradokid
12-01-2011, 04:36 PM
In effect you are correct. I have been saying that many of the players selected by the Giants are injury prone. I believe that Tuck falls into that category. Most of his success was as a situation player . Third down rushing against a guard. Look at the draft picks selected over the last 3 years you will find a recurring theme. Injured or wear down in the middle of the season. Look at JPP he is wearing down and if he is required to play significant plays he will get hurt. In the end I agree the Gmen draft players that cannot handle the stress of the game. i.e. soft

MattMeyerBud
12-01-2011, 04:40 PM

Burier thought he should never of even taken time off and that hes just being a *****. Those are hte points im making. I just disagree wtih your assessment that im living off of 09.

Dude you have an issue with talking about people like their not in the room.

I'll just finnish up by saying that when Tuck missed the opener I assumed that he was really hurt and if he could play he would.

But the following week he was fine and had a solid game on monday night football.

Then he played against Philly and had a solid game.

Then he took another week off and everytime we were favored to win a game he decided not to play with the exception being a monday night game against his old coordinator.

So no..I don't think he was all that hurt. He was obviously not hurt enough to miss monday night football..wasn't hurt enough to miss Spags wasn't hurt enough to miss the eagles.

But when its time to play Kevin Kolb his goin hurts.

So no I don't think he should have been out. I think he's soft and worthless to the Giants unless he's trade bait. deal with it.

one thing i hope most know about me, is that if ur ever referenced in a thread your not pertaining in - its nothing i wouldn't say in converstaion to you.

lol hes said it himself, that hes not healthy and his body isn't letting him do things that he wants to

I know, you have some conspiracy theory about the timing of his injury, but his play of late has shown that it was justified. Hes not who he is and no doubt hes mental about it, but hes physically not the same.

MattMeyerBud
12-01-2011, 04:40 PM

"I

I read that from Coughlin to translate to "He's playing like crap. He needs to play better."

I don't read any injury refrence.

of course you do

MattMeyerBud
12-01-2011, 04:44 PM
In effect you are correct. I have been saying that many of the players selected by the Giants are injury prone. I believe that Tuck falls into that category. Most of his success was as a situation player . Third down rushing against a guard. Look at the draft picks selected over the last 3 years you will find a recurring theme. Injured or wear down in the middle of the season. Look at JPP he is wearing down and if he is required to play significant plays he will get hurt. In the end I agree the Gmen draft players that cannot handle the stress of the game. i.e. soft

injury prone? I guess.

He hasn't been a situational player since 07.

His ability to move to DT and DE is a major plus for us and was part of getting all of our pass rushers on the field at the same time.

soft and injury prone are two totally different things.

DragonSoul
12-01-2011, 04:45 PM

Quoth The Burier...never more.Jumping the gun? Dont know if i replied to you @ that time, but I am one who thinks the ppl who jumped on him back then was a bad move.

GameTime
12-01-2011, 05:14 PM
Who were giving me hard time a few weeks ago when I told you that Tuck was soft girl who should be traded? Quoth The Burier...never more.</P>

I dont htink he is soft at all. He is having a bad season.....does that make him soft?? No it makes him human. I hate that he is having a bad season but what can you do?? </P>

Dont break your arm needlesslypatting yourself on the back......</P>

</P>

jppmvp90
01-25-2012, 09:26 PM