BigBlueFanNJ
01-22-2012, 11:57 PM
all in for this post!!

Mod_C
01-22-2012, 11:57 PM
I'm ALL IN!

JintMeister
01-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Tom Coughlin is a HOF caliber coach. He demands accountability in a world where accountability is missing. I respect the hell out of TC think that he's a phenomenal coach.

GmenFan1980
01-22-2012, 11:59 PM
I may not have been on these boards till now, but I never hated coughlin or wanted him fired. However when we were 6-6 i thought Coughlin would consider to retire. Thankfully i listened to GMENAGAIN when he said to wait for the season to end before judging and he was so ****ing right :D.

GO GIANTS

Ruttiger711
01-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Hell yes

Had this team fight to 9-7 and then fight even harder to get here.

Thank you TC!!

BigBlueOnes
All In!!! Way to go TC!!!

wado1
Great Job

NYGinIN
Always liked the guy. He'll be remember with the greats.

BigBlue wins
01-23-2012, 12:04 AM
This giants group will be a great memory

I look forward to the future

PS: signed

SweetZombieJesus
01-23-2012, 12:05 AM
I can't explain the duds, the no-shows, the one-and-dones.

Nor can I explain how these runs happen.

I just wish they could play like this all the time.

Win one more, Tom.

FatGuyinOhio
01-23-2012, 12:05 AM
<font size="4"><font face="Verdana">He's got them from me. [:)]
</font></font>

Axels15
01-23-2012, 12:06 AM
In situations like must-win games, I doubt I'd want any other coach

Scarfacee71
If we win this SuperBowl he will match what Parcells did in his tenure with us.

One of the alltime best coaches.

Thanks Jags for making the biggest mistake of your franchise in letting him go.

I wont lie there are things I dont like, but who doesn't have their flaws?

I sign with pleasure

exyank
Absolutely, he gets props!

When things looked bad, he got the team to fight on.

SackingMyths
01-23-2012, 12:07 AM
I think there's something to be said for doing things the right way and being rewarded. Classy guy all around, in spite of how Fox likes to zoom in on him when he's swearing.

JMGGIANTS
01-23-2012, 12:09 AM
bump

BigBlue1971
01-23-2012, 12:11 AM
TC should be in the running for coach of the year! </P>

he is responsible for this team being here today. great job TC.</P>

RoanokeFan
01-23-2012, 12:11 AM
He told them weeks ago: "If you believe, good things will happen." HELLO!

NY_Eli
01-23-2012, 12:12 AM
Tom Coughlin is an ALL-TIME GREAT COACH!

giantman8493
01-23-2012, 12:13 AM
Great coach. Legendary maybe

jimsgints
01-23-2012, 12:13 AM
... <u>HOF...</u>

gmen0820
01-23-2012, 12:14 AM
TC, Gilbride and Fewell.

SweetZombieJesus
01-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Paging Rex Ryan

RoanokeFan
01-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Paging Rex Ryan

lmao

wrek537emc
01-23-2012, 12:17 AM
Great job TC to get this team to play as a balanced team on all sides of the ball!

chasjay
01-23-2012, 12:20 AM
Coach Coughlin - my hat's off to you! Honorable, wise and steady. I felt that Harbaugh failed miserably in the after-game congratulations department.

Bing Crosby
01-23-2012, 12:20 AM
For my first post on this forum, I will gladly sign. Ring-a-ding baby.

RoanokeFan
01-23-2012, 12:21 AM
Coach Coughlin - my hat's off to you! Honorable, wise and steady. I felt that Harbaugh failed miserably in the after-game congratulations department.

Harbaugh refused to talk to the FOX crew

ArcticLady
01-23-2012, 12:23 AM
Thank You Giants 'TEAM!' from ALASKA

T - Together
E - Everyone
A - Achieves
M- Much

NY GIANT 'Pride' in ALASKA

BillTheGreek
01-23-2012, 12:23 AM
UNCLE SAM SAYS :Tom Coughlin deseves A NEW CONTRACT* A BIG RAISE ! A ROLEX * AND A NEW CAR * AND OH YES A SUPER BOWL RING WHICH HE WILL GET ON HIS OWN !

tikiandphil
01-23-2012, 12:24 AM
I'll sign this in my own blood

PLUS # 1

nycisgreat
01-23-2012, 12:27 AM
Never doubted him even during our tough stretch

I can't lie. I love Coughlin as our coach, but during the season, I couldn't understand his undying support for KG and Fewells when things were going wrong. I was clearly wrong. KG had a very good year, and Fewell pick the defense up at the end of the season. Our run game isn't what we expected this season, but I would take this season a billion times over.

Coughlin has the chance to pave his way to Canton, and I hope he does. Many Giants fan need to appreciate him and Jerry Reese a little more now. We had a couple tough years, but we are back baby!!

I am going to ride and die with Coughlin.

RoanokeFan
01-23-2012, 12:29 AM

I can't lie. I love Coughlin as our coach, but during the season, I couldn't understand his undying support for KG and Fewells when things were going wrong. I was clearly wrong. KG had a very good year, and Fewell pick the defense up at the end of the season. Our run game isn't what we expected this season, but I would take this season a billion times over.

Coughlin has the chance to pave his way to Canton, and I hope he does. Many Giants fan need to appreciate him and Jerry Reese a little more now. We had a couple tough years, but we are back baby!!

ALL IN

RoanokeFan
01-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Thank You Giants 'TEAM!' from ALASKA

T - Together
E - Everyone
A - Achieves
M- Much

NY GIANT 'Pride' in ALASKA

Well said

GiantLife615
01-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Made a post about the fact that I met him Friday night. Always been a fan..shook his hand and told him that, and that i was happy he was going to be the man in charge for years to come. He seemed a little shocked by what I said, and very humble at the same time.

mrg3
01-23-2012, 12:37 AM
Great Coach, All In

spair
01-23-2012, 12:39 AM
The man is steadfast. I have all the respect in the world for him.

<font color="#0000FF">ALL IN!!</font>

spair
The man is steadfast. I have all the respect in the world for him.

<font color="#0000FF">ALL IN!!</font>

Pierre-Paul
Love me some TC. The guy can coach! I believe he will end up in the HOF. Like Parcells. I think they will give COach of the year to Harbaugh, but TC deserves it even more. This is the second time he has risen from the ashes to take a Giants team to the Super Bowl in the same year people were calling for his job. AMAZING!

UFGiantFan
01-23-2012, 12:42 AM
A coach all Giants fans should be able to get behind. What a strong willed individual.

BigBlue wins
01-23-2012, 12:43 AM
Love me some TC. The guy can coach! I believe he will end up in the HOF. Like Parcells. I think they will give COach of the year to Harbaugh, but TC deserves it even more. This is the second time he has risen from the ashes to take a Giants team to the Super Bowl in the same year people were calling for his job. AMAZING!

Shouldn't you be out celebrating with your team mates instead of praising Coughlin JPP?

rebelfan1966
01-23-2012, 12:46 AM
Huge props to TC..... around mid-season, I thought he was loosing this team.... I was flat wrong.... and glad of it.

JMGGIANTS
01-23-2012, 12:50 AM
<FONT color=#0000ff size=2>It's too bad. NFL Network just interviewed Tisch. He said their confidence never waivered in TC but he has a pile of letters a foot high on his desk from fans who wanted him fired. He said he can't wait to respond to them.</FONT></P>

yatitle
01-23-2012, 12:51 AM
Im down with TC

JMFP2
01-23-2012, 12:52 AM
Coughlin rules.</P>

I'm glad I didn't join the peanut gallery that was calling for him to be fired.</P>

ebick
01-23-2012, 12:54 AM
makes me forget all about that other guy.....the trader.

zimonami
01-23-2012, 12:55 AM
TY for the great job, TC. You gave us more than anyone expected.

JMFP2
01-23-2012, 01:02 AM
<FONT color=#0000ff size=2>It's too bad. NFL Network just interviewed Tisch. He said their confidence never waivered in TC but he has a pile of letters a foot high on his desk from fans who wanted him fired. He said he can't wait to respond to them.</FONT></P>

</P>

</P>

85% of them are probably members of the GMB.</P>

GOBIGBLUE52
01-23-2012, 01:04 AM

And really, were the tough years really THAT tough? 12-4, 8-8, 10-6. Yeah, they were disappointments for a variety of reasons (2008: strong until burress incident then 1 and done, 2009: bill sheridan, 2010: Desean jackson) but look at how many teams struggle to even make 8-8. We're spoiled as hell under coughlin.

CDN_G-FAN
01-23-2012, 01:15 AM
to all of you that wanted TC fired: you're on the brink of wanting a HOF coach fired.

remember that before you suggest the giants 'fire' anyone ever again.

and if you don't remember. no sweat. i will.

and i'll point it out every time.

old school still gets it done. keep your rex ryans and harbaughs.

i'll take the championships instead, thanks.

JMGGIANTS
01-23-2012, 01:16 AM

</P>

</P>

85% of them are probably members of the GMB.</P>

</P>

he he they are probably members of the Eli and KG Haters Club to boot.</P>

arrjay
01-23-2012, 01:22 AM
TC proving old school coaching still works in todays NFL

UmenYiourAnIdiot
01-23-2012, 01:25 AM
Never called for TC firing once, never will.

He is a top5 NFL coach.

byron
01-23-2012, 01:27 AM
big props to TC.... andyeah I was one of the ones who wanted him gone...about all I can say is that I never wanted him to fail ..I couldn'thappier for him and that I was wrong...damn proud of him and this team....

ToomerFORtheBomb
01-23-2012, 01:30 AM
He definitely deserves more props than a Broadway play.

zimonami
01-23-2012, 01:44 AM
big props to TC.... and*yeah I was one of the ones who wanted him gone...about all I can say is that I never wanted him to fail ..I couldn't*happier for him and that I was wrong...damn proud of him and this team....*

You're always entitled to your opinion... you had a lot of company. The importanrt thing, as you said, you never wanted him to fail. And, he brought us further than we had any right to expect. We're all happy for him now... all one family. Winning solves everything.

JMFP2
01-23-2012, 01:51 AM

Harbaugh refused to talk to the FOX crew
</P>

Yeah....there'sa time to becompetitive, and a time to be a good sport.</P>

</P>

G.I. Ants
01-23-2012, 01:55 AM
Coach Coughlin and the rest of his coaching staff earned the huge accolades they are receiving. Gilbride and Fewell also gets big props because they have been flamed on by this board all year long. Tom Coughlin is the man and as a fan, I am truly grateful to have him on my teams sideline.

Let's Go Big Blue

hungrrrry
01-23-2012, 01:58 AM
I am very proud of TC and what he has done!!!

byron
01-23-2012, 02:09 AM
big props to TC.... andyeah I was one of the ones who wanted him gone...about all I can say is that I never wanted him to fail ..I couldn'thappier for him and that I was wrong...damn proud of him and this team.... You're always entitled to your opinion... you had a lot of company. The importanrt thing, as you said, you never wanted him to fail. And, he brought us further than we had any right to expect. We're all happy for him now... all one family. Winning solves everything.Thanks Zim for what its worthI thinkI learned something from it all and will try to be a better fan going forward...Man it isso great to have are boys playing great football, mean defence...I last six games have just been awesome what a run...And manI like our chances against the Pats ....Go Giants !!!

BornLegend
01-23-2012, 02:33 AM
*Signed*

ny06
01-23-2012, 02:37 AM
Been a Tom Coughlin supporter since day 1</P>

He has frustrated me numerous times during his coaching tenure, but I always thought he was the best coach for this team. </P>

</P>

b-shaw44
01-23-2012, 02:46 AM
i'm in.

AllDayEli10
01-23-2012, 02:53 AM
I've never had a problem wit him, my father always said get rid of him but I always have faith go TC!!

giantsforce
01-23-2012, 03:00 AM
I know you are going to flame me for this, but we won despite Killdrive and Coughlin. I guessed you missed the blunder of not calling timeout just before we took that stupid delay of game penalty that made it 31 yards GF instead of 26. Eli was telling him to look at the clock and Coughlin looked confused. Luckily it did not come back to bite us. Eli got killed out there today. he threw for 50+ times, he got hit on 20 of them and no adjustments by the HC to provide some more protection. Yeah, I know that is the Offensive line's coach job, but when the assistants do not do their jobs the HC is supposed to step in. So you can give him all the props you want. I still say this win was really on the players despite the coaches. Then whose idea was to put Rolle one on one with Davis and not bump him and not even some safety help? It wasn't like the Niners had any other deep threats.

TrueBlue@NYC
01-23-2012, 03:10 AM
I know you are going to flame me for this, but we won despite Killdrive and Coughlin. I guessed you missed the blunder of not calling timeout just before we took that stupid delay of game penalty that made it 31 yards GF instead of 26. Eli was telling him to look at the clock and Coughlin looked confused. Luckily it did not come back to bite us. Eli got killed out there today. he threw for 50+ times, he got hit on 20 of them and no adjustments by the HC to provide some more protection. Yeah, I know that is the Offensive line's coach job, but when the assistants do not do their jobs the HC is supposed to step in. So you can give him all the props you want. I still say this win was really on the players despite the coaches. Then whose idea was to put Rolle one on one with Davis and not bump him and not even some safety help? It wasn't like the Niners had any other deep threats.

And what about TCs' choice to challenge the first fumble by Williams before they even had the replays out? What about the teams' stratedgy to have Ross go down on punt returns to protect the ball? Both big coaching decisions that helped us win.

And on davis' first TD, Grant was the safety help over the top, he just didn't get there in time. That wasn't a coaching effort. And after the job Rolle did on Tony Gonzalez and Jermichael Findlay that past two weeks why wouldn't you think he'd matchup ok on Davis?

I SIGN on this thread. No coaching staff is perfect, but to keep your team fighting on the road the way the game was going at the end, definitly maes you a great coach.

JMFP2
01-23-2012, 03:14 AM
I know you are going to flame me for this, but we won despite Killdrive and Coughlin. I guessed you missed the blunder of not calling timeout just before we took that stupid delay of game penalty that made it 31 yards GF instead of 26. Eli was telling him to look at the clock and Coughlin looked confused. Luckily it did not come back to bite us. Eli got killed out there today. he threw for 50+ times, he got hit on 20 of them and no adjustments by the HC to provide some more protection. Yeah, I know that is the Offensive line's coach job, but when the assistants do not do their jobs the HC is supposed to step in. So you can give him all the props you want. I still say this win was really on the players despite the coaches. Then whose idea was to put Rolle one on one with Davis and not bump him and not even some safety help? It wasn't like the Niners had any other deep threats.</P>

People can nitpick all they want....no coach is perfect.</P>

But the Giants capitalized on the 49er mistakes, and played a smart game.</P>

On both Davis TD's, it looked like safety help was there, but didn't get over in time. Davis has sick speed for a TE, and looks like the secondary just misjudged it.</P>

giantsforce
01-23-2012, 03:20 AM

And what about TCs' choice to challenge the first fumble by Williams before they even had the replays out? What about the teams' stratedgy to have Ross go down on punt returns to protect the ball? Both big coaching decisions that helped us win.

And on davis' first TD, Grant was the safety help over the top, he just didn't get there in time. That wasn't a coaching effort. And after the job Rolle did on Tony Gonzalez and Jermichael Findlay that past two weeks why wouldn't you think he'd matchup ok on Davis?

I SIGN on this thread. No coaching staff is perfect, but to keep your team fighting on the road the way the game was going at the end, definitly maes you a great coach.1. because the players told him to challenge it. 2. Gonzalez and Findlay do not have Davis speed. 3. As far as Ross, that was late in the second half and we had to endure the idiotic Blackmon for an entire half. How about Balckmon calling for fair catch and then running taking a penalty? That si coaching my friend. You cannot have idiots in the team and Blackmon has proven to be an idiot since the day he was put on the team. So they are not that brilliant coaching moves as you make them to be.
Sure you are entitle to your opinion, but the I do not have to agree with you. It was a great win but I have to be thankful for Eli, not Coughlin.

GMen869007
01-23-2012, 03:20 AM
I couldn't stand the guy for the first few seasons, but he earned my respect when he played the starters against New England in week 17 of the 2007, because I thought it was crucial for a 10-6 team to play with pride and passion leading into the playoffs. Of course the playoff run which resulted in a championship helped.

I've been a supporter ever since even during the 2009 melt down, the 2010 debacle against the Eagles, and squandering a 6-2 start this injury plagued season.

giantsforce
01-23-2012, 03:21 AM
I know you are going to flame me for this, but we won despite Killdrive and Coughlin. I guessed you missed the blunder of not calling timeout just before we took that stupid delay of game penalty that made it 31 yards GF instead of 26. Eli was telling him to look at the clock and Coughlin looked confused. Luckily it did not come back to bite us. Eli got killed out there today. he threw for 50+ times, he got hit on 20 of them and no adjustments by the HC to provide some more protection. Yeah, I know that is the Offensive line's coach job, but when the assistants do not do their jobs the HC is supposed to step in. So you can give him all the props you want. I still say this win was really on the players despite the coaches. Then whose idea was to put Rolle one on one with Davis and not bump him and not even some safety help? It wasn't like the Niners had any other deep threats.</P>

On both Davis TD's, it looked like safety help was there, but didn't get over in time.* Davis has sick speed for a TE, and looks like the secondary just misjudged it.</P>If that's the case then, I guess someone forgot to show them the film on Davis! Who that may be?

JMFP2
01-23-2012, 04:03 AM

On both Davis TD's, it looked like safety help was there, but didn't get over in time. Davis has sick speed for a TE, and looks like the secondary just misjudged it.</P>

If that's the case then, I guess someone forgot to show them the film on Davis! Who that may be?</P>

Or maybe, Davis is just really damn good?</P>

Come on, man.</P>

TheAngryTuna
01-23-2012, 08:22 AM
I'm hope he doesn't retire after we win the SB!

yoeddy
01-23-2012, 08:28 AM
Never a doubt...he is a great coach!

fletch842
01-23-2012, 08:31 AM
Big props to coach Coughlin and the entire staff. Most teams would have crumbled under the circumstances this season. The Giants only got stronger, and that was a direct reflection of the head coach.

Dorothy
01-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Thank you Tom

Kruunch
01-23-2012, 09:12 AM
He gets all the blame, now what?

Ironically, TC went from being replaced this year to arguably the greatest coach in Giants history (TBD).

Can't argue the fact that TC has definitely etched his place DEEPLY into Giants' history.

/salute TC

foosball
01-23-2012, 09:15 AM
He gets all the credit.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
01-23-2012, 09:32 AM
Sign me up bro! What he has done with this team is nothing short of amazing!

If he wins I put him above Parcells trading ***!

Joefed
01-23-2012, 09:52 AM
I'm extremely grateful to have him as our coach!

coachjdc
01-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Tom Coughlin is a professional football coach (and a dang great one at that!)

BillTheGreek
01-23-2012, 10:20 AM
Lets face it V. Davis had us all scared........ after those 2 TDs............ but Tom Coughlin did not give up.... he pushed the G Men right into the Super Bowl ! Now thats Great Coaching ! I say give him a new contract.

Diamondring
01-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Yes, I will sign because the coach has done it again with all of the injuries he had on his team and the statement he made about kissing his *** after the 010 season made me mad because I felt that he didn't do a good job in that season. Now I realize that he did do a good job because it is kind of hard to win games when your best players get hurt to.

The Big Blue27
01-23-2012, 10:24 AM
TC did a masterful job of coaching this season. Especially with all the injuries the team has experienced.

GMENAGAIN
01-23-2012, 10:30 AM
LOL . . . 90% of the people "signing up" here wanted TC gone after the Redskins game . . . .even if he wins the SB, they'll be calling for him to be fired again next year. the first time that we lose a couple of games in a row . . . . .

BillTheGreek
01-23-2012, 10:31 AM

On both Davis TD's, it looked like safety help was there, but didn't get over in time.* Davis has sick speed for a TE, and looks like the secondary just misjudged it.</P>

If that's the case then, I guess someone forgot to show them the film on Davis! Who that may be?</P>

Or maybe, Davis is just really damn good?</P>

Come on, man.</P>

Davis is dam good......Thank God they made adjustments before it was to late..... because he was on a roll.....Jacobs should study his film all week long ,Credit has to go to someone on the Giants coaching staff ** I forgeot to mention after the Super Bowl one of the G Men is going to Disneyland who do you think it will be???

sideline sneek
01-23-2012, 10:33 AM
Awsone job TC, KG &amp; PF.</P>

Will somebody please post a picture of TC's head on Rocky Balboa's body?????</P>

Medisleman
01-23-2012, 10:39 AM
TC is my hero. He is a perfect example of perseverance.

CTLadyBlue
01-23-2012, 11:09 AM
Never doubted Coughlin. Never! Never wanted to get rid of him even when things were tough because I just couldn't think of anyone whom I thought could do better (NO, not even the almighty Chin and Chucky!)

Class act. All business. Keeps the guys focused and grounded. I absolutely dig this guy. If you haven't read 'A Team To Believe In' you'll appreciate him even more

chasjay
01-23-2012, 11:25 AM
I don't want to be accused of stuffing the ballot box, but this is my second time to sign up. TC is just a quality individual - a gentleman and a great life teacher, as well as a talented football coach who knows the value of the intangibles and how to draw them out of his players. I actually wonder if, after spending 8 years together, he hasn't absorbed a bit of Eli's calm demeanor. Eli has obviously taken a lot from TC's teachings.

OrangeGiant
01-23-2012, 11:33 AM
I've been a supporter from Day 1 and nothing has changed. When we hired him I said we would win a SB with him as coach and we did. Now we may win a second. I really hope we can put the "collapse" talk to bed finally. He is one of the best coaches in the NFL and if he wins his second SB he can also be considered one of the best coaches ever-period. </P>

</P>

miked1958
01-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Major props... Ties Tom landry for most Road playoff victories all time with 7

miked1958
01-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Major props... Ties Tom landry for most Road playoff victories all time with 7
Interesting stat..
Eli just set an NFL record best 5 Road playoff wins..

I would have to go nack and
Look. But u would think if Landry had 7 Road Playoff victories that one of his QBs in 70s (morrell, Staubach) would have reached 5 rd playoff wins

Tony Bruno
01-23-2012, 11:42 AM

Props from me!!! Ive doubted at times but I will not doubt anymore...

ru_gmen55
01-23-2012, 11:47 AM
This stretch of the season is perhaps his greatest as a head coach. He really got this team to turn it around and start playing as a team. I think two Super Bowl appearances in four seasons with two teams that hardly anybody gave a shot speaks for itself. Here are some props...I'll save the rest for if he leads this team to a Super Bowl XLVI victory!

Markroman
01-23-2012, 11:57 AM
TC actually looks like he is having fun this year.

My sense is that he will retire after the Superbowl. He seems to be loosening up and enjoying himself more.

During points in the season, I did not know what to think about him as a coach. However, with all the injuries to get into the playoffs was a terrific effort.

If you look at the records of the teams he has beaten in the playoffs...it is amazing.

Mod_C
01-23-2012, 12:03 PM

At least you're consistent lol

Hatred is a vile emotion

G-Man67
01-23-2012, 12:05 PM
1 game away from Giants immortality and probably entry into the NFL HOF ... and many bozos on this board would have fired him ... thank god the idiots don't truly run the asylum

nygsb42champs
01-23-2012, 12:13 PM
He deserves a ton of credit for keeping this team together.

Mod_C
01-23-2012, 12:15 PM
He deserves a ton of credit for keeping this team together.

+1

One Eyed Willie
01-23-2012, 12:16 PM
He has got his props here! Never doubted him! Signed!!

giantsforce
01-23-2012, 12:19 PM

At least you're consistent* lol

Hatred is a vile emotion
Unlike a Coughlin team, right? I do not hate Coughlin of Killdrive or Fewell. Just because I point out the mistakes, do not assume I hate anyone. Go back and you will see in my posts that I never used the word "hate". You just assume that because I say the coaching staff sucks. That's a fact and I point it out. I just think that as a coaching staff, do not know how to make adjustments during the game. That's why we see all this inconsistency. I just know that this team has much better talent overall than any other Giants team on BOTH sides of the ball. In the past it was one or the other. The problem is that after 2007 Coughlin's team were very inconsistent on who showed up. Now that everyone is showing up good things happen, in spite of some really poor game planning. Look, I want the Giants to be successful just like anyone else here. But that will not stop me from telling it like it is. If you look at the tape of the game, you cannot marvel what Eli has done last night. He took a beating and he kept ticking. And it was not any coaching adjustments that made this win happen. Eli got abused in the second half and I did not see any attempts to give him extra protection.

gian_18778
01-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Fact:

Tom Coughlin, when it's all said and done, will go down as one of the most successful football coaches, not only in Giants history, but ALL-TIME!

whakka
01-23-2012, 12:59 PM
said it before. i dont believe that coughlin was ever in danger this season of getting fired. he had another year left, and the giant organization has way too much class to fire a guy of coughlins stature in the league, especially after he rallied his team after that horrible month in november, beat the jets, and had his team with its destiny in its hands in the last game of the season. a season where the giants pretty much topped the league in starters going down. all that talk was just writers who were stirring an empty pot and people who dont understand the reality of what coughlin has been able to do in his career.

i read an article this morning about mara saying he had a stack of "fire coughlin" letters on his desk from weeks and months ago that he had been keeping so he could respond to them in due time, which was now he said.

the one thing i do wish to see coughlin do is bring back the suit and tie to football. he coaches old school, he may as well look the part.

Mod_C
01-23-2012, 01:15 PM
said it before. i dont believe that coughlin was ever in danger this season of getting fired. he had another year left, and the giant organization has way too much class to fire a guy of coughlins stature in the league, especially after he rallied his team after that horrible month in november, beat the jets, and had his team with its destiny in its hands in the last game of the season. a season where the giants pretty much topped the league in starters going down. all that talk was just writers who were stirring an empty pot and people who dont understand the reality of what coughlin has been able to do in his career.

i read an article this morning about mara saying he had a stack of "fire coughlin" letters on his desk from weeks and months ago that he had been keeping so he could respond to them in due time, which was now he said.

the one thing i do wish to see coughlin do is bring back the suit and tie to football. he coaches old school, he may as well look the part.

When John Mara was asked, yesterday, if he thought TC would retire. His answer was "I don't think so", "he's having too much fun." Now I'm not an expert on John Mara, but it doesn't sound as though he's got Cowher, Gruden or anyone else on speed dial.

MikeIsaGiant
01-23-2012, 01:17 PM

When John Mara was asked, yesterday, if he thought TC would retire.* His answer was "I don't think so", "he's having too much fun."* Now I'm not an expert on John Mara, but it doesn't sound as though he's got Cowher, Gruden or anyone else on speed dial.

Check your PM

Mod_C
01-23-2012, 01:17 PM

At least you're consistent lol

Hatred is a vile emotion
Unlike a Coughlin team, right? I do not hate Coughlin of Killdrive or Fewell. Just because I point out the mistakes, do not assume I hate anyone. Go back and you will see in my posts that I never used the word "hate". You just assume that because I say the coaching staff sucks. That's a fact and I point it out. I just think that as a coaching staff, do not know how to make adjustments during the game. That's why we see all this inconsistency. I just know that this team has much better talent overall than any other Giants team on BOTH sides of the ball. In the past it was one or the other. The problem is that after 2007 Coughlin's team were very inconsistent on who showed up. Now that everyone is showing up good things happen, in spite of some really poor game planning. Look, I want the Giants to be successful just like anyone else here. But that will not stop me from telling it like it is. If you look at the tape of the game, you cannot marvel what Eli has done last night. He took a beating and he kept ticking. And it was not any coaching adjustments that made this win happen. Eli got abused in the second half and I did not see any attempts to give him extra protection.

You don't think the facts that we played the undisputed best defense in the NFL and we have a patchwork O_Line in front of Eli had any bearing on Eli's clock getting cleaned?

CA Jints Fan
01-23-2012, 01:27 PM
One more win and he is HOF'er!

Penguin101
01-23-2012, 02:18 PM
No coincidence that it's Giants vs Patriots once again. It's the leagues 2 best headcoaches going at it.

Coughlin is my favorite HC by far, I gave him props even before we made the playoffs. He did the best he could with so many injuries. Now that we are healthy you see what happens :)

Giants 27 - 24 Patriots

BigBlue2010
01-23-2012, 02:23 PM
Whole staff definitely deserves props.

embeshAtYa
01-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Most definately. He deserves more credit than lot of people realize.

Signed

TrueBlue@NYC
01-23-2012, 02:34 PM

I SIGN on this thread. No coaching staff is perfect, but to keep your team fighting on the road the way the game was going at the end, definitly maes you a great coach.1. because the players told him to challenge it. 2. Gonzalez and Findlay do not have Davis speed. 3. As far as Ross, that was late in the second half and we had to endure the idiotic Blackmon for an entire half. How about Balckmon calling for fair catch and then running taking a penalty? That si coaching my friend. You cannot have idiots in the team and Blackmon has proven to be an idiot since the day he was put on the team. So they are not that brilliant coaching moves as you make them to be.
Sure you are entitle to your opinion, but the I do not have to agree with you. It was a great win but I have to be thankful for Eli, not Coughlin.

Well, I guess in your opinion the Giants will be the first team ever to go to two SB's with horrible coaches.

And I guess SF must have a terrible ST coach since he didn't coach Williams how to stay away from a bouncing ball or how to protect the ball, even though their units' were tops in the league in most ST categories.

Gianthunter
01-23-2012, 03:03 PM
I know you are going to flame me for this, but we won despite Killdrive and Coughlin. I guessed you missed the blunder of not calling timeout just before we took that stupid delay of game penalty that made it 31 yards GF instead of 26. Eli was telling him to look at the clock and Coughlin looked confused. Luckily it did not come back to bite us. Eli got killed out there today. he threw for 50+ times, he got hit on 20 of them and no adjustments by the HC to provide some more protection. Yeah, I know that is the Offensive line's coach job, but when the assistants do not do their jobs the HC is supposed to step in. So you can give him all the props you want. I still say this win was really on the players despite the coaches. Then whose idea was to put Rolle one on one with Davis and not bump him and not even some safety help? It wasn't like the Niners had any other deep threats.Always peeping thru the keyhole trying to catch someone in their underwear. Then wild exclamations and fingerpointing when you do catch a glimpse or two. Coughlin is the bane of your gameday experience. One more reason for props to TC.

Yonks
01-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Hahaha all in. We have a great HC.

G-Dawg92
01-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Coughlin's just got "it". The man simply knows how to coach. Like others have said, he'll probably go down as one of the best ever.

RoanokeFan
01-23-2012, 03:06 PM
I know you are going to flame me for this, but we won despite Killdrive and Coughlin. I guessed you missed the blunder of not calling timeout just before we took that stupid delay of game penalty that made it 31 yards GF instead of 26. Eli was telling him to look at the clock and Coughlin looked confused. Luckily it did not come back to bite us. Eli got killed out there today. he threw for 50+ times, he got hit on 20 of them and no adjustments by the HC to provide some more protection. Yeah, I know that is the Offensive line's coach job, but when the assistants do not do their jobs the HC is supposed to step in. So you can give him all the props you want. I still say this win was really on the players despite the coaches. Then whose idea was to put Rolle one on one with Davis and not bump him and not even some safety help? It wasn't like the Niners had any other deep threats.Always peeping thru the keyhole trying to catch someone in their underwear. Then wild exclamations and fingerpointing when you do catch a glimpse or two. Coughlin is the bane of your gameday experience. One more reason for props to TC.

You do have a way with words lol

swimeasy
01-23-2012, 03:11 PM
I still Believe! Thank you TC!

BlueReign
01-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Coughlin should be allowed to coach here til he retires. I've never doubted him, just the coordinators.

Gianthunter
01-23-2012, 03:18 PM

You do have a way with words lol
Awwww shucks twern't nuthin[:$]

pino
01-23-2012, 03:31 PM
BIG props! I have much respect for Coach Coughlin.

JJC7301
01-23-2012, 04:51 PM
TC is one of the best coaches today, and one of the best in Giants history. Order up a 5-year contract for that man.

mattajw
01-23-2012, 05:44 PM
<font size="3"><font face="Courier New"></font><font face="Arial">Get this man a contract extension please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</font></font>

idiotekniQues
01-23-2012, 06:26 PM
gotta give props to Tom. there is no way we would be here without a good head coach. it's pretty simple.

my fellow giant fan friends and i have really been wanting some fresh young blood in at head coach the last couple years but i think we gotta sit backa nd shut up now after seeing this man work. this has already been an epic run.

again.

lucky74
01-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Yeah he definitely deserves props. One of the best coaches in the league and delivers the goods on the whole. I'd rather he was coaching the Giants than coaching a team playing the Giants. He's still got it. Hopefully he'll guide the G-Men to another ring in a couple of weeks.

EliElite
01-23-2012, 07:00 PM
I joined here since I wanted to comment here. I was arguing with a friend earlier in the season, besides Parcells, TC is the winningest coach here in the last 50 years. And if some of you want to get "picky" with game tidbits, it's the "overall" results that matter. We should be glad we have the football coach with CLASS in this town !!!!

Irish42
01-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Great Job!

GiantSteve1x
01-23-2012, 08:13 PM
signed</P>

Thanks T.C.!!!!!</P>

pj18
01-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Way to go Tom and co.

GreenZone
01-23-2012, 08:47 PM
One more lasting legacy from "The Duke."

Thanks up there, Sir Wellington for one of your last public acts before your eternal promotion, getting Tom Coughlin!

All in. That includes Coaches' faith in his assistants, including Kevin Gilbride and Perry Fewell and the rest of the staff. Trusting the head coach, but throwing the offensive coordinator under the bus undermines this trust.

Die-Hard
01-23-2012, 09:04 PM
Nice one, TC! Extremely proud to be a fan of this team

meanygiantschick
01-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Here we go again, Coach!! Good job and props to you and your staff!!! A very well prepared team, as always!!

GiantinCt
01-23-2012, 09:15 PM
**signed**

Hell of a job coach,thank you!

rick5292
01-23-2012, 09:25 PM
DONE!

Burgermiesta
01-23-2012, 10:04 PM
A great man and coach...the best!

Bigbluereckingcrew
01-23-2012, 10:05 PM
RESPECT!!!! TC will be remembered as one of the greatest...wasn't always pretty but pretty isn't the name of the game

Pierre-Paul
01-23-2012, 10:07 PM
How could you not want he and Eli to succeed. They are doing it the right way. Keep it up TC. No way he retires. Lets do a few more years at least.

Drez
01-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Hell yes he gets props.

Drez
01-23-2012, 10:46 PM
He gets all the blame, now what?</P>

Why is it that after our first December or first round playoff loss, we'll hear the TC haters say, "Well, outside of those 2 years we made it to the SB TC hasn't won a playoff game here."</P>

NYGRealityCheck
01-23-2012, 10:50 PM
I would also like to give props to Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham, and Victor Cruz. They sold out their bodies to make plays in that tough 49ers game.

Hopefully, they will be 100%+ versus that leaky Patriots Defense in 2 weeks.

LET"S GO GIANTS!!!

Drez
01-23-2012, 10:53 PM
I would also like to give props to Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham, and Victor Cruz. They sold out their bodies to make plays in that tough 49ers game. Hopefully, they will be 100%+ versus that leaky Patriots Defense in 2 weeks. LET"S GO GIANTS!!!</P>

There wasn't a player that suited up for us last night that didn't leave everything they had on that field. Canty was 200% correct when he said that this game was going to be a bloodbath. Great defensive battle, the likes of which are becoming more and more rare.</P>

NYGRealityCheck
01-23-2012, 11:00 PM
I would also like to give props to Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham, and Victor Cruz. They sold out their bodies to make plays in that tough 49ers game. Hopefully, they will be 100%+ versus that leaky Patriots Defense in 2 weeks. LET"S GO GIANTS!!!</P>

There wasn't a player that suited up for us last night that didn't leave everything they had on that field. Canty was 200% correct when he said that this game was going to be a bloodbath. Great defensive battle, the likes of which are becoming more and more rare.</P>

Bloodbath in terms of a very physical game, which it was.
But not in terms of cheap shots that the 49ers snuck in like Bernard's mouth.

Drez
01-23-2012, 11:38 PM

Bloodbath in terms of a very physical game, which it was. But not in terms of cheap shots that the 49ers snuck in like Bernard's mouth.</P>

Or the cheap shot that gave Sash a concussion.</P>

I can't remember (I was a bit drunk and sobering up during the game, but did Bernard get flagged on that bull****? Yet, the Sash dirty hit doesn't get ****... Yeah, 49er fans, the Giants sure got all the calls. *Shaking my damn head*</P>

rebelfan1966
01-24-2012, 12:46 AM
Huge Props to TC....

Cindy in INdy
01-24-2012, 12:47 AM
absolutely for sure he cried the night before in his speech...

pezman1963
01-24-2012, 12:57 AM
Great Job!!!

NYs FURY
01-24-2012, 02:17 AM
Thank you coach...Great Job!

ashleymarie
01-24-2012, 06:18 AM
TC is a down to earth coach with a championship mind.

NYG4ME
01-24-2012, 06:25 AM
In my eyes, Coughlin could have lost every game this year and he was still THE BEST HIRE we had as a HC. What he did in 2007 was nothing short of amazing.. This year to me just builds off of that. Incredible job TC! I NEVER DOUBTED YOU FOR A SECOND!

ikebibby91
01-24-2012, 12:45 PM

It's the art of consistency. Coughlin always stays the same and like a carousel we (team included)all eventually came around.

RoanokeFan
01-24-2012, 12:45 PM

It's the art of consistency. Coughlin always stays the same and like a carousel we (team included)all eventually came around.

It's part of the team's philosophy of consistency.

Dwinsballgames
01-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Tom has already established himself as one of the greatest coaches in Giants history. The only question left to answer is whether he is the best. I believe that when all is said and done, he will be regarded as such.</P>

Go Tom! Go Giants!!</P>

NJ10
01-24-2012, 01:53 PM
I never doubted Tom, he will have a place in Canton at the end of the day. I really hope all this fire Coughlin stuff is done with.

BornBrooklyn
01-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Tom knows best...

EM=Gladiator
01-24-2012, 02:53 PM
In a league where everyone is put on a list....Tom is elite!

redzone88
01-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Hey!

Long time reader first time poster. Just had to step up and say what an amazing coach Tom Coughlin is. The New York Football Giants are fortunate to have great coaches and management.

RoanokeFan
01-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Hey!

Long time reader first time poster. Just had to step up and say what an amazing coach Tom Coughlin is. The New York Football Giants are fortunate to have great coaches and management.

Welcome, don't be a stranger

NYDestroyer
01-24-2012, 03:43 PM
I give Tom/I can't get my team to play consistently during the regular season/I blame Injuries/When the giants win, is it the talent or my coaching ability?/If I win the another Superbowl, I become one of the greatest Giants coach ever/Coughlin props. LOL[:D]

GameTime
01-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Tom Coughlin = class</P>

He loves the game. loves his team, cares about the players beyond the game, teaches life lessons and not just football, he is giving on and away from the field. </P>

He is strict and he has his own way......all great coaches have the same qualities. </P>

</P>

TRZ
01-24-2012, 03:50 PM
He is simply the best.

So please remind me next year when we lose two games in a row not to panic and suggest firing Tom .....

bigjeep
01-24-2012, 04:04 PM
He gets all the blame, now what? Now he gets all the credit! [B]</P>

</P>

PS -- But that could change next year! [:O]</P>

nihan87
01-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Tom is an amazing coach and I have been happy to have him since day 1. </P>

</P>

Signed, </P>

</P>

Michael L Nihan. </P>

</P>

</P>

BlueSanta
01-24-2012, 06:23 PM
duh.

I like cheese.

I like Pie.

I like Cake.

I like beer.

and I like Tom Coughlin.

gotta go workout....

dezzzR
01-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Iv always liked him.
http://apple.copydesk.org/uploads/2012/01/120121NflNewYorkPost.jpg

jerseyrattler
01-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Props

The Loom
01-24-2012, 08:11 PM
No doubt that Tommy is the Best.

berya
01-24-2012, 08:46 PM
signed

Idkaname
03-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Everyone that signed uP was right

blueomaha
03-09-2012, 12:17 AM
always liked him as HC...gets the job done with what he has.....

nygsb42champs
03-09-2012, 09:06 AM
He deserves all the credit!

WR4Life
03-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Ok. I wasn't sure until right about now but I guess he deserves SOME props.

ghwriter1976
03-09-2012, 10:22 AM
He was always a damn good coach. He just needed the players to buy into what he was teaching them, and this year is proof that once the team and coach are on the same page, then there's nothing that can't be done.

Can't wait to see what else he has in store for us...

egyptian420
03-09-2012, 10:24 AM
He deserves all the credit!
Lol all? I think he deserves a ton of credit, but lets face it, the team getting healthy and catching on fire had a lot to do with it as well.

The two years before when we didn't make the playoffs, Coughlin was still Coughlin, but in 09 the defense was non existent and in 2010 we collapsed like a Jenga tower.

Our players really stepped it up at the end of this year and they deserve equally as much credit as Coughlin.

Dorothy
03-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Thank you, coach. Hope you are around for a few more years.

BornBrooklyn
03-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Good coach, firm but fair... ALL IN!!!...

plaxattack17
03-10-2012, 01:46 PM
of course he deserves props- he's one of the greatest coaches in our history officially. I thought even before he won it all last year, he did a wonderful coaching job all year. He pushed all the right buttons with the team and the team responded in an incredible way. Not only is he a great coach but he's a very decent man as well, and noone is happier than me he has been vindicated and proved his doubters wrong.

nycsportzfan
03-10-2012, 02:16 PM
duh.

I like cheese.

I like Pie.

I like Cake.

I like beer.

and I like Tom Coughlin.

gotta go workout....
Uhhh, is Mike Mularkey still available????lol j/k

swimeasy
03-10-2012, 02:23 PM
of course he deserves props- he's one of the greatest coaches in our history officially. I thought even before he won it all last year, he did a wonderful coaching job all year. He pushed all the right buttons with the team and the team responded in an incredible way. Not only is he a great coach but he's a very decent man as well, and noone is happier than me he has been vindicated and proved his doubters wrong.

Well said plaxattack, precisely my thoughts. Coach Coughlin is a person of real character and integrity.

Thank you Coach!