PDA

View Full Version : ****** Official 49ers did a good job post ******

Tommy_Ribs
01-22-2012, 11:52 PM
I'll tell you what, I actually hate the San Francisco 49ers. I always have. But this version under Harbaugh is a terrific team.

This was quite possibly the greatest NFC Championship game I have ever seen, and the Niners were terrific competition.

They are the best team we have played all year.

I think this team will have Harbaugh contending annually.

NWKEffectElement
01-22-2012, 11:55 PM
If it wasn't for KG we should of blew them out. **** the 49ers!!

DJloves
01-22-2012, 11:55 PM
Their defense did a phenomenal job. Hats off to them - best one we've face (and will face) all season. They really held Eli and co in check in the second half.

DemandedAce
01-22-2012, 11:56 PM
KG sucks but they did a phenomenal job. Hats off to the Niners, next season they'll be a force once again I have no doubts about that.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-22-2012, 11:59 PM
The Giants and 49ers have played so many epic playoff games, this was only another one. The giants have won 4. The 49ers have won 4. To take it to O/T shows how hard both teams played. It was a game neither team deserved to lose, but by the final score the giants deserved to lose less.

Looking forward to a rematch in the coming years.

And hats off to SF for doing it the way it should be done, with a great running game and great defense. None of this new age pass happy offense crap.

Snappinnecks
Willis and Bowman are just freaking ridiculous!

GiantWarfare
hell yea they did more than a good job...

that defense is IMO easily the best in the league...

I dont remember us ever having to work so hard to move the ball downfield....it was mindbogglingly frustrating...

Them boys in red and gold have a fearsome defense...

But at the end of the day, its nothing our boys in blue can't overcome...

bLuereverie
01-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Justin Smith gets stronger over the course of the game.

Harbaugh should still win COY unanimously.

I'm still not buying into Smith. But hard to judge him properly without wide receivers. He had one completion to a WR?

Did the 49ers really have 150 yards rushing?

Great classic football game.

Still, fk the 49ers.

swordfish
SF defense is the real deal, they will be a dangerous team for years to come.

Furious
What a game!!! All due respect to the 49ers!

wrek537emc
No... Kareem Mackenzie allowed the pressure come to Eli too many times... The entire Oline in the 4th qtr were playing weak.

SackingMyths
They were real and they were spectacular. But who's better than US?

NYGRealityCheck
01-23-2012, 12:01 AM
It was a great defensive game from both teams to say the least!

wrek537emc
01-23-2012, 12:02 AM
Great game! Kareem Mackenzie failed too often tonight, allowing Eli to get pummeled the entire second half... Oline needs to step it up big time in the SUPERBOWL against the NE Patriots...they want revenge.

Delicreep
01-23-2012, 12:03 AM
Green Bay twice
Patriots
Falcons
Saints

I would say that the Niners were the best team we faced all year.

Great coach, great D, great running game an a qb whose coming around.

TheBookOfEli
01-23-2012, 12:03 AM
Hell of a football team. They are going to own that division for years to come so they SHOULD get to a superbowl soon.

That D is lights out.

Giantz4Life
01-23-2012, 12:04 AM
Good game niners but Eli will reign supreme!

Pierre-Paul
01-23-2012, 12:05 AM
49ers remind me of the 85 GIants. Just a little short. Next year might be their year.
Their gameplan was perfect. Without those two turnovers, looks like they had us. So psyched to be back in the Superbowl!

TucknRolle
01-23-2012, 12:05 AM
I respect the hell out of that 49ers team. If the Giants weren't in the playoffs they would be the only team Id want to root for.

Gmenfan87
01-23-2012, 12:06 AM
Another classic.

49ers are a distant 2nd favorite team of mine. If they would have won I would have wanted them to go all the way. I'm glad that franchise is on the way back up and their D gave us all we could handle. But our special teams was better today and Eli was clutch as usual.

flimflam
01-23-2012, 12:06 AM
Hats off to the 49ers. They had a great year and had a lot to be proud off especially since their last 10 years have sucked.

I can't stand Harbaugh though - he is too much of a fake rah-rah guy for me to stomach. So **** harbaugh.

Wish Patrick Willis or Navarro Bowman wore Giant's blue though; I wanted to draft both of them.

Week49
01-23-2012, 12:08 AM
Hey, thanks for that. Looks like the Giants defense is back in full swing again. If their front can manage to continue to play well, I'm sure they're going to have a real shot @ beating the Pats again.

I'm extremely proud of my team for getting this far, and am even more excited that we still have some things we can really improve on. The Giants played extremely well today. Cruz was an X-factor today in a really surprising way and Manning is one tough guy to be able to stick in there after being sacked so many times.

Grats Giants. Was a great game.

guardplay320
01-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Ridiculous amount of respect to the 49ers. Only a couple of special teams plays and Eli's resilience got us over the hump. Clearly the best team we've played all year. They had to earn that like no other win I could remember.

BigBlue1971
01-23-2012, 12:10 AM
the 9ers are a good team. the defense is lights out!</P>

when Harbaugh gets a coupla more weapons for Smith, they will still be dangerous!</P>

guardplay320
Hey, thanks for that. Looks like the Giants defense is back in full swing again. If their front can manage to continue to play well, I'm sure they're going to have a real shot @ beating the Pats again.

I'm extremely proud of my team for getting this far, and am even more excited that we still have some things we can really improve on. The Giants played extremely well today. Cruz was an X-factor today in a really surprising way and Manning is one tough guy to be able to stick in there after being sacked so many times.

Grats Giants. Was a great game.

No surprise to us really, but ditto on Manning. Great game! You'll be back!

lavar2
Think the rain really affected us but the niners have a great defense and made it unreal tough. Dome stadium and a soft pats D bodes well for us if we can stop Gronk. All in!

logan9839
01-23-2012, 12:11 AM
Agree, this was a heck of a game and a heck of a team. Anyone that thinks KG is called a bad game is doing a major disservice to what was a classic D battle.

britishblue2
01-23-2012, 12:14 AM
That D of there's is Brutal......Willis is just lights out !!!

chasjay
01-23-2012, 12:15 AM
I credit their players, especially on the defense - but at the moment, I cannot applaud their coach

jimsgints
49ers best team so far.. hats off. Go Giants!!!!!!!!

FBomb
No doubt!!!! That is one tough ****ing football team. Hats off to them.

IAmTheFly
There wasn't much margin of error at all and it tipped slightly to the Giants. Man can anyone ever remember Eli getting tossed around like that? For them to get that kind of consistent pressure on a field like that was impressive. And no, our O-Line didn't have their best game but they were under siege. 49ers slugged it out with the Giants. Was great game. I know the Giants can win under any conditions but I'll be happy to see them get back on a dry field, even if it is against N.E.

jhamburg
01-23-2012, 12:22 AM
Playing in the NFCW, at worst they'll be the new Seahawks, they'll host a playoff game for the next 5 years or so.

Mr Excitement
01-23-2012, 12:22 AM
I'll tell you what, I actually hate the San Francisco 49ers. I always have. But this version under Harbaugh is a terrific team.

This was quite possibly the greatest NFC Championship game I have ever seen, and the Niners were terrific competition.

Couldnt agree more.....they have nothing to be ashamed of....we got lucky

ru_gmen55
01-23-2012, 12:23 AM
The 49ers have something truly special with this defense. Work out a few offensive kinks and they are going to be a dangerous team in the coming years. I wasn't sure how they were going to hold up against the Giants receivers, and while they had a few glitches early on, they became a damn wall in the second half. I am very impressed by this team.

With that said, I am obviously ecstatic about the result of the game, and I am feeling extremely confident about the Giants' chances against New England!

frantlj
01-23-2012, 12:24 AM
Wow! What a game! The Niners defense is incredible. With all the talk about the year of the quarterback it was great to see a great defensive battle. And, ironically, the special teams for the Niners have been great all year and Akers and Lee are Pro Bowlers. They will be force for years to come. But we did it!!!!!

GO GIANTS!!!!!

Diamondring
01-23-2012, 12:25 AM
The 49ers did a real good job and congrats to the Giants for winning.

XxBigWhitxX
01-23-2012, 12:26 AM
As much as I hate their fans, they have a damn good squad.

ErnieReese
01-23-2012, 12:29 AM
Great team. Great coach. San Fran will be at it for years to come. Much respect.

nycisgreat
01-23-2012, 12:35 AM
If it wasn't for KG we should of blew them out. **** the 49ers!!

I have to disagree with you. Their defense is just that good, and it has been like that all season. Their LBs are the fastest I have seen all season long. They were are all over the field. That is the main reason why we couldn't get anything going with our run game. Eli got smashed a total of 20 times, six sacks. At one point during season, our o-line haven't given up a sack a few games straight. Today Eli got sacked 6 times. They were on his @ss from the beginning. They have Stout defense. Our line got man handled tonight.

harrycarson
01-23-2012, 12:36 AM
I as well think the turf and rain affected us big but yes, the secondary, linebackers, and ends of the niners were great. Been a long time since I could say this biout my boys but hats off t the special teams. So often they let us down andnow they were great although Tynes really cannot put the ballin the end zone on kickoffs, ok no cmplaining, GREAT TO BE BACK IN THE SUPERBOWL, NO BIGGER FAN THAN MYSELF< WIFE<AND KIDS......WERE ARE PUMPED

JMFP2
01-23-2012, 12:38 AM
Got to give the 49ers credit....that's a badass defense.</P>

derekunion28
01-23-2012, 12:40 AM
THEY ARE A GREAT DDDDD

NY_Eli
01-23-2012, 12:40 AM
Before this game I wanted the giants to play the Ravens in the super bowl.

But after that, I'm glad we're facing the patriots and their finesse style. I don't want to play a Harbaugh defense again for a long time!

mrg3
01-23-2012, 12:41 AM
Great game , Could have gone either way. Awesome D

Sanntee31
01-23-2012, 12:43 AM
The Niners have a LIGIT D!! They played a great game! Shame someone has to lose!

nofiner9er
01-23-2012, 12:46 AM
its a good thing they gave you that obvious fumble.

blueomaha
01-23-2012, 12:48 AM
SF forces teams to play their game...you haave to be able to adjust and the NYG did just that....

bashful
01-23-2012, 12:48 AM
Their defense did a phenomenal job. Hats off to them - best one we've face (and will face) all season. They really held Eli and co in check in the second half.

Why because the troll does not know how to make adjustments. A total idiot

DJloves
01-23-2012, 12:52 AM

Why because the troll does not know how to make adjustments. A total idiot

Yeah, the play calling certainly didn't help lol.

JJC7301
01-23-2012, 12:54 AM
Ah, believe it or not SF was always one of my NFC fall-back teams. I was always a Montana fan; I love the gold & red scheme; and just respect the hell out of excellence, which is what the 49ers gave out for 15 years from '81-'95.

I'm glad that we have TC, but otherwise I'd LOVE to have Harbaugh as my head coach. I liked him when he was "Captain Comeback" for the Colts in the early '90s.

SF -- you've got a great team with great chemistry. A SB trophy / ring is in your future sometime over the next year or two.

SF4986
01-23-2012, 12:57 AM
Can we oust the Patriots from the Super Bowl since most everyone hates them and just replay this game in a couple of weeks?

ebick
01-23-2012, 01:02 AM
What a battle.

mike kennedy
01-23-2012, 01:14 AM
49'rs defense are awesome. They are Superbowl caliber and had Eli against the ropes but he would not snap. Harborough is a great coach.

Fastphilly
I'll tell you what, I actually hate the San Francisco 49ers.* I always have.* But this version under Harbaugh is a terrific team.

Thank you for the quality post. The Giants have a solid team but man I hate to lose a game on a returner that holds the ball like a loaf of bread and coughs it up in OT for a automatic field goal...The WR core was the big joke for my Niners today..Having No Ginn/Morgan really came back to bite in the end...0 for 12 on 3rd downs won't get it done even with a awesome defence.Williams needs to be CUT!! That idiot cost us 2 fumbles and potentially two more...

Congrats on the win!!!

P.S.- I thought the whistle blew too qickly on the Bradshaw fumble..The ball came out before the whistle was blown, but that just the way it goes I guess.

RagingBlue
This game was EPIC! Much respect to the 49er's.

mike kennedy
01-23-2012, 01:18 AM
its a good thing they gave you that obvious fumble.

Waaahhhhhh! May you have a really ****ing miserable monday morning and a long wait until next fall you ****ing poor sport loser! Now go and have mommy make you some Wheatena!

DJloves
01-23-2012, 01:33 AM
I'll tell you what, I actually hate the San Francisco 49ers.* I always have.* But this version under Harbaugh is a terrific team.

Thank you for the quality post. The Giants have a solid team but man I hate to lose a game on a returner that holds the ball like a loaf of bread and coughs it up in OT for a automatic field goal...The WR core was the big joke for my Niners today..Having No Ginn/Morgan really came back to bite in the end...0 for 12 on 3rd downs won't get it done even with a awesome defence.Williams needs to be CUT!! That idiot cost us 2 fumbles and potentially two more...

Congrats on the win!!!

P.S.- I thought the whistle blew too qickly on the Bradshaw fumble..The ball came out before the whistle was blown, but that just the way it goes I guess.

The whistle wasn't the problem - the ball only started to come out after he was moving backwards, thus forward progress was given. It's the right call.

We had one or two close interceptions that were more scary and thankfully didn't pan out.

RiceFan49
01-23-2012, 01:34 AM
Grats on the win. You guys were the better team today. I hope your team moves on to beat the Pats in the Superbowl.

arrjay
01-23-2012, 01:37 AM
P.S.- I thought the whistle blew too qickly on the Bradshaw fumble..The ball came out before the whistle was blown, but that just the way it goes I guess. </P>

</P>

First break in the 3 postseason games... about time..</P>

</P>

SF4986
01-23-2012, 01:40 AM
That fumble was questionable at best. Even if they could have challenged it, I don't see it going our way. They beat us fair and square.

Fastphilly
01-23-2012, 01:40 AM

Congrats on the win!!!

The whistle wasn't the problem - the ball only started to come out after he was moving backwards, thus forward progress was given. It's the right call.

We had one or two close interceptions that were more scary and thankfully didn't pan out.

Yeah. Golston was been a ball hog in the secondary. That hit on Brown was intence. The only problem it's supposed to happen to the opposing teams player.

nyknstill!
01-23-2012, 01:42 AM
We beat a SuperBowl contender. I have never in my life, and we saw the Pats D in 2009, that 49ers D, I will have nightmares about it. They made CandleStick hell. Hats off to that organization. We will see them again.

NoHuddle10
01-23-2012, 02:02 AM
P.S.- I thought the whistle blew too qickly on the Bradshaw fumble..The ball came out before the whistle was blown, but that just the way it goes I guess. </P>

*</P>

*</P>

That is not true!!!! The whistle DID blow before the fumble. Rewatch it. Bradshaw stopped fighting as hard right after the whistle blew and then the fumble occured.

I do think it was an early whistle, but thats the rule. I wish they would let the players play a little more.

All that said, I dont think Bradshaw fumbles there had the whistle not blown. The ref standing right next to the play was the one who blew the whistle. Go back and watch the play again.

MikeIsaGiant
01-23-2012, 02:10 AM
Hats off to the 49ers, best team we've played this year, during the season and postseason.

Better than the saints and Packers for sure

Fastphilly
01-23-2012, 02:13 AM

*</P>

*</P>

That is not true!!!! The whistle DID blow before the fumble. Rewatch it. Bradshaw stopped fighting as hard right after the whistle blew and then the fumble occured.

I do think it was an early whistle, but thats the rule. I wish they would let the players play a little more.

All that said, I dont think Bradshaw fumbles there had the whistle not blown. The ref standing right next to the play was the one who blew the whistle. Go back and watch the play again.

His forward progress was stopped, but that was the quickest whistle I've ever heard...Oh well, thats the way the ball bounces.

G.I. Ants
01-23-2012, 02:17 AM
I knew SF was going to be a huge challenge and they brought it. Alex Smith was under duress but he did his thing. They ran the ball very well and big Vernon Davis has to be the most dangerous TE in football. I absolutely love the way their defense played all year long. Rivalry reborn, NY vs SF, I love it.

giantsforce
01-23-2012, 02:23 AM
If it wasn't for KG we should of blew them out. **** the 49ers!!+1

UKNiner
01-23-2012, 12:23 PM
not sure that's right but just came on to say congrats to the Giants and what a fantastic game last night. Still hurts but I guess the way both teams played (one of those where neither deserved to lose) it was always going to come down to a turnover. Heartbreaking to lose that way but hey that's football.

Eli Manning played one hell of a game last night and it's a shame that the MVP is decided before the playoffs - he's a tough son of a gun for sure, a true leader. Cruz was amazing too, no-one could have covered him in the first half. Right call on the "fumble" too, although i wish the refs would let plays reach a conclusion sometimes, seems like they've gotten a bit whistle happy.

Still two great games this season between the teams and best of luck in the Super Bowl, I'd actually make you favourites over the Pats.

Go get 'em.

Pksoze
01-23-2012, 12:32 PM
Their defense was amazing. By far the best defense we've faced this year. This was an old school slobbernocker like in the 80's.