PDA

View Full Version : Good Game Giants

look@dafilm
01-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Good game to you guys. Your secondary was on our 49er receivers all game and we struggled getting open. Good luck against the Pats. I hope it makes for an exciting game.

Proud of our guys too. After seemingly being completely unable to stop Cruz in the first half, the Giantts (outside of the 2 Williams fumbles) couldn't move the ball at all. They punted 9 straight times, otherwise known as all of their 2nd half possessions. Cruz is an absolute beast though. Scary good route runner for his age.

At any rate, a good game I must say. I feel like I aged like 15 years after watching that. Time to look forward to the draft and FA (where I hope to God we re-sign Ginn). We desperately need WR help. Swain and Hasting should not be on anyone's field let alone the #3 and #4 WRs.

Good luck

DragonSoul
01-22-2012, 11:57 PM
Good game to you guys. Your secondary was on our 49er receivers all game and we struggled getting open. Good luck against the Pats. I hope it makes for an exciting game.

Proud of our guys too. After seemingly being completely unable to stop Cruz in the first half, the Giantts (outside of the 2 Williams fumbles) couldn't move the ball at all. They punted 9 straight times, otherwise known as all of their 2nd half possessions. Cruz is an absolute beast though. Scary good route runner for his age.

At any rate, a good game I must say. I feel like I aged like 15 years after watching that. Time to look forward to the draft and FA (where I hope to God we re-sign Ginn). We desperately need WR help. Swain and Hasting should not be on anyone's field let alone the #3 and #4 WRs.

Good luck
Thanks. Your defense was impressive. GL next year. You have a good core there.

Spizi
01-22-2012, 11:57 PM

Good luck

good game. thank you for being a gracious loser because most of the niner trolls are just ridiculous;

look@dafilm
01-23-2012, 12:00 AM

Good luck

good game. thank you for being a gracious loser because most of the niner trolls are just ridiculous;

No point in holding grudges. Its gone man. Should have a lot of 49ers to watch in the pro bowl though :)

I must say though, I was really impressed with your secondary. I'm ashamed of our WR group. Couldn't do crap. Proud of our o-line though. They handled your guys all-pro d-line very well.

frantlj
01-23-2012, 12:02 AM
Thanks. Very classy of you to come on here so soon after the game (know you are hurting!) Your defense is incredible. We will see each other again!

GO GIANTS!!!!!

NYGinIN

Good luck

You guys played a hell of a good game and it could have just as easily been you guys. We'll have to look out for the niners next season for sure

guardplay320
Class act for posting after that game. It's a shame one team had to lose there as blood, sweat and tears were left all over that field. You guys will be back.

Snappinnecks
01-23-2012, 12:05 AM
Congrats to your team. I think all the animosity in the week before was due to fact that you guys are the team that most resembles us. Great Job.

look@dafilm
01-23-2012, 12:05 AM
Class act for posting after that game. It's a shame one team had to lose there as blood, sweat and tears were left all over that field. You guys will be back.

What else am I gonna do right? The 49er MB is probably on meltdown right now? lol. I went by just to see, and its down because the server is busy.

ShakeNBake
01-23-2012, 12:06 AM

Good luck

I have to say I didn't expect to see you back here. What a hard fought game with minimal mistakes from both teams. Definitely one of the best games I've seen in a long time.

jhamburg
01-23-2012, 12:08 AM
For the record, the Niners defense tonight was one of the best I've ever seen in my life. I know Eli put up a lot of yards and we got 20 pts, but I thought Eli was playing out of this world and not making hardly any bad throws and we still had problems moving the ball with all the pressure you were getting and the coverage.

look@dafilm
01-23-2012, 12:15 AM

Good luck

I have to say I didn't expect to see you back here. What a hard fought game with minimal mistakes from both teams. Definitely one of the best games I've seen in a long time.

Agree with that. Crazy game. It felt like it was never going to end. I honestly thought about if it would reach a 2nd qtr of overtime. It just sucks to lose a game where you feel like you outplayed the other team. Giants were "meant" to win it though I suppose, because they got a lot of breaks. The Eli fumble, the 2 dropped INTs, it was crazy.

Btw, Smith threw for 200 yards and yet there was 1 catch by a SF receiver by Crabtree for 3 yards. Absolutely terrible.

ShakeNBake
01-23-2012, 12:18 AM

Good luck

Agree with that. Crazy game. It felt like it was never going to end. I honestly thought about if it would reach a 2nd qtr of overtime. It just sucks to lose a game where you feel like you outplayed the other team. Giants were "meant" to win it though I suppose, because they got a lot of breaks. The Eli fumble, the 2 dropped INTs, it was crazy.

Btw, Smith threw for 200 yards and yet there was 1 catch by a SF receiver by Crabtree for 3 yards. Absolutely terrible.

Fumble bouncing into Osi's arms yet it got away, Ross' missed pick. Missed opportunities on both teams part

look@dafilm
02-08-2012, 03:33 AM
It couldn't have been this one could it Dragon?

Because as you say so often, I'm "a troll".

calzonesays
02-08-2012, 03:36 AM
You have a sig of a Giants player tearing their ACL on a Giants board. You're a troll.

I'd be banned instantly if I did the same thing on a 49ers board. (I wouldn't register on an opposing teams board, I honestly don't see the point but to each his own)

Hell they even shut down registration before/after the NFC Championship so opposing fans couldn't register.

DragonSoul
02-08-2012, 03:42 AM
It couldn't have been this one could it Dragon?

Because as you say so often, I'm "a troll".
nope. Hey anyone can have the sun shine on a dogs bum. Thread I am referring to is not made by you. Only 170 posts not hard to find.

look@dafilm
02-08-2012, 03:51 AM
Well unless its here, where again I was relentlessly attacked, idk what to tell you. I'm not really that interested with it. Especially since I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2452388.aspx

TheEnigma
02-08-2012, 03:57 AM
Well unless its here, where again I was relentlessly attacked, idk what to tell you. I'm not really that interested with it. Especially since I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

He said your team was a piece of crap (which I don't agree with) but that's not attacking you as a poster. You were the first one to actually comment on a poster's state by replying back to Spizi and saying he was ignorant. You threw the first stone dude.

look@dafilm
02-08-2012, 03:57 AM
You have a sig of a Giants player tearing their ACL on a Giants board. You're a troll.

I'd be banned instantly if I did the same thing on a 49ers board. (I wouldn't register on an opposing teams board, I honestly don't see the point but to each his own)

Hell they even shut down registration before/after the NFC Championship so opposing fans couldn't register.

You're full of crap. The 49er boards have tons of registration from fans of other teams and most if not all of them talk wayyyyyyyyy more smack than I ever do on here (I really don't actually. I just end up getting attacked and provoked).

If you're interested I can probably tell you what your problem is because I had the same problem. I tried for a while to get registered but failed because 1) its really backloaded. and 2) you can't have a free or generic email used for registration. I tried forever with various gmail and yahoo accounts but the instant I used a comcast account I was accepted.

look@dafilm
02-08-2012, 04:00 AM

He said your team was a piece of crap (which I don't agree with) but that's not attacking you as a poster. You were the first one to actually comment on a poster's state by replying back to Spizi and saying he was ignorant. You threw the first stone dude.

So if I show up and say that the Giants are a piece of crap team that isn't an attack? I agree it wasn't with me personally sure, but indirectly its intended to be.

Besides, I guess we have different definitions of the word "attack" because to me, calling someone ignorant after they respond to you with "your team suckzzzzz!!" and things of the like, isn't an attack in my book. Its the truth.

Maybe I should be more specific so that we're on the same page and say "unwarranted attack(s)".

calzonesays
02-08-2012, 04:00 AM
I didn't try to register there. Like I said I don't have to go to opposing teams boards, what is the purpose? Other people on these forums mentioned one of the 49ers boards being locked right after the NFCCG.

I just don't see the point. Signing up on a 49ers board and making my sig a GIF of Steve Young getting a concussion..what's the point? I guess a lack of attention could lead someone to signing up on other teams forums.

TheEnigma
02-08-2012, 04:05 AM

So if I show up and say that the Giants are a piece of crap team that isn't an attack? I agree it wasn't with me personally sure, but indirectly its intended to be.

Besides, I guess we have different definitions of the word "attack" because to me, calling someone ignorant after they respond to you with "your team suckzzzzz!!" and things of the like, isn't an attack in my book. Its the truth.

Maybe I should be more specific so that we're on the same page and say "unwarranted attack(s)".
It's an attack on a team but not individual people. You said "where again I was relentlessly attacked" though when you look at the thread, you're the first poster to single someone out and say something negative about them.

Sure, maybe what he said was ignorant but is that the best way to start a discussion with someone? Just because someone is fat, is it really necessary to mention it? If I go to the 49ers board and do the same thing, you bet I'll get attacked and for good reason.

When on another teams MB, you should probably show some restrain with your comments.

I'll say this much dude. The hate, attacks, hazing, whatever you wanna call it can get a little out of hand here at times but in this particular thread, YOU started it.

calzonesays
02-08-2012, 04:09 AM
It's an attack on a team but not individual people. You said "where again I was relentlessly attacked" though when you look at the thread, you're the first poster to single someone out and say something negative about them.

Sure, maybe what he said was ignorant but is that the best way to start a discussion with someone? Just because someone is fat, is it really necessary to mention it? If I go to the 49ers board and do the same thing, you bet I'll get attacked and for good reason.

When on another teams MB, you should probably show some restrain with your comments.

I'll say this much dude. The hate, attacks, hazing, whatever you wanna call it can get a little out of hand here at times but in this particular thread, YOU started it.

+1

Dafilm is an OPPOSING fan here, you are expected to be treated like royalty here? Cut the crap. You are a 49ers fan, you signed up on a Giants forum, what are you expecting a parade? Doesn't help when you continue trolling weeks after your team is eliminated. Just pack it in man.

look@dafilm
02-08-2012, 04:16 AM

Lol, I'll keep that all in mind, I should behave with more tolerance, but some stuff is just too much. But really, I started it? Uh-uh. Find my first post, tell me where I "started it". And don't even talk about the sig, I already explained it. Besides, that had nothing to do with this thread and the post I made in it.

TheEnigma
02-08-2012, 04:22 AM
Second post, replying to Spizi. First sentence is, "You're pretty ignorant."

Not the worst of insults I'll admit but can you really say that calling someone ignorant is a positive thing?

Don't need to mention the sig since it's already been brought up before so calm down there big guy.

If you want an example of a poster from an opposing fanbase who is generally welcomed here, check out Ntegrase96. He's a cowboys fan who posts occasionally in the smack talk section and here. He has a very fair view of teams and isn't heckled that often.

calzonesays
02-08-2012, 04:30 AM
I haven't been here long but the classiest opposing fan I've seen has to be lambeau12.

look@dafilm
02-08-2012, 04:32 AM

Not the worst of insults I'll admit but can you really say that calling someone ignorant is a positive thing?

Don't need to mention the sig since it's already been brought up before so calm down there big guy.

If you want an example of a poster from an opposing fanbase who is generally welcomed here, check out Ntegrase96. He's a cowboys fan who posts occasionally in the smack talk section and here. He has a very fair view of teams and isn't heckled that often.

I don't need to, I'm familiar enough (maybe too familiar apparently, since its nothing like that over here) with the 49ers MB where posters from other teams are all over the place, many very well respected.

Oh, and my mistake I thought you were talking about this thread. Either way though, I never "started" crap, when I make a post and someone responds with that, I don't consider "you're pretty ignorant" an attack whatsoever. If you do, that's fine, but I have a feeling more (unbiased, unlike the two of us obviously) would be inclined to agree with me.

CDN_G-FAN
02-08-2012, 04:37 AM

Ntegrase96 and lambeau12 are two great posters who come here to talk football.

wish there were more like them.

TheEnigma
02-08-2012, 04:50 AM

I don't need to, I'm familiar enough (maybe too familiar apparently, since its nothing like that over here) with the 49ers MB where posters from other teams are all over the place, many very well respected.

Oh, and my mistake I thought you were talking about this thread. Either way though, I never "started" crap, when I make a post and someone responds with that, I don't consider "you're pretty ignorant" an attack whatsoever. If you do, that's fine, but I have a feeling more (unbiased, unlike the two of us obviously) would be inclined to agree with me.
Fair enough sir but in my observation, I wasn't looking at the situation as a Giants fan but more like if I was a site moderator.

As I'm sure you know, one of the hardest things to lose is a reputation. You're labeled a troll and a classless poster. I won't even touch the classless thing with the sig since that seems to be unanimous but the troll statement is unfair. I find that lots of people here don't even know the actual definition of troll and simply label those with opinions against their own as trolls. You just come across as a 49ers fan who has different opinions. Nothing wrong with that. You just need to understand that people here don't see you in a positive way so you're going to receive negative responses even when they aren't warranted.

look@dafilm
02-08-2012, 05:24 AM

Fair enough sir but in my observation, I wasn't looking at the situation as a Giants fan but more like if I was a site moderator.

As I'm sure you know, one of the hardest things to lose is a reputation. You're labeled a troll and a classless poster. I won't even touch the classless thing with the sig since that seems to be unanimous but the troll statement is unfair. I find that lots of people here don't even know the actual definition of troll and simply label those with opinions against their own as trolls. You just come across as a 49ers fan who has different opinions. Nothing wrong with that. You just need to understand that people here don't see you in a positive way so you're going to receive negative responses even when they aren't warranted.

Agreed on that one. I find that with many 49er fans on occasion as well. Its just that on the 49er MB, people don't go out of their way to call me names :) Its to be expected I suppose, in "enemy territory" I guess. I'm just a sucker for civility is all. Never got the point in "trash talk", its all circle jerking to me. I'd much rather try to have a real conversation about teams with intelligent people. Not, "49er rule and Giants suck!!"

And like I said, I just figured if people can have sigs and avatars of pics and gifs of Montana getting clobbered, Patriots players in almost tears, etc. Why not have one of someone stubmling down their benchline in the superbowl. I agree its not in good taste, but since many other posters had the same thing (on one level or another) I figured I'd get in on it too. I feel like getting a gif of Kraft in the box or Brady getting hit by Pollard now, to see if I would get the same reaction: as in, 1 out of every 2 posts (and that's being generous) jumping down my throat for it.

SweetZombieJesus
02-08-2012, 10:20 AM
And like I said, I just figured if people can have sigs and avatars of pics and gifs of Montana getting clobbered, Patriots players in almost tears, etc. Why not have one of someone stubmling down their benchline in the superbowl. I agree its not in good taste, but since many other posters had the same thing (on one level or another) I figured I'd get in on it too.

If you're really unable to tell the difference between (a) emotional reactions to a failed play's outcome (Pats sideline defeat) and (b) huge plays IN THE CONTEXT OF A HUGE PLAY IN A HUGE GAME AT A CRITICAL POINT (Marshall's hit on Montana), with a personal injury on the sidelines with no game context whatsoever (Ballard), I don't know what to say other than to insult your lack of class and intelligence, and your extremely poor judgement.

I mean really, if I had a GIF of Bill Walsh on his death bed, should I post that?

CDN_G-FAN
02-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Second post, replying to Spizi. First sentence is, "You're pretty ignorant." Not the worst of insults I'll admit but can you really say that calling someone ignorant is a positive thing? Don't need to mention the sig since it's already been brought up before so calm down there big guy. If you want an example of a poster from an opposing fanbase who is generally welcomed here, check out Ntegrase96. He's a cowboys fan who posts occasionally in the smack talk section and here. He has a very fair view of teams and isn't heckled that often.

Fair enough sir but in my observation, I wasn't looking at the situation as a Giants fan but more like if I was a site moderator. As I'm sure you know, one of the hardest things to lose is a reputation. You're labeled a troll and a classless poster. I won't even touch the classless thing with the sig since that seems to be unanimous but the troll statement is unfair. I find that lots of people here don't even know the actual definition of troll and simply label those with opinions against their own as trolls. You just come across as a 49ers fan who has different opinions. Nothing wrong with that. You just need to understand that people here don't see you in a positive way so you're going to receive negative responses even when they aren't warranted.

Agreed on that one. I find that with many 49er fans on occasion as well. Its just that on the 49er MB, people don't go out of their way to call me names :) Its to be expected I suppose, in "enemy territory" I guess. I'm just a sucker for civility is all. Never got the point in "trash talk", its all circle jerking to me. I'd much rather try to have a real conversation about teams with intelligent people. Not, "49er rule and Giants suck!!"

And like I said, I just figured if people can have sigs and avatars of pics and gifs of Montana getting clobbered, Patriots players in almost tears, etc. Why not have one of someone stubmling down their benchline in the superbowl. I agree its not in good taste, but since many other posters had the same thing (on one level or another) I figured I'd get in on it too. I feel like getting a gif of Kraft in the box or Brady getting hit by Pollard now, to see if I would get the same reaction: as in, 1 out of every 2 posts (and that's being generous) jumping down my throat for it.
</P>

what's not in good taste on one board is completely approriate on another.</P>

just come here and talk football and you'll be fine.</P>

if you come here and complain about being a victim to all these attacks, then you should spend more time in friendlier territory.</P>

Mohann
02-08-2012, 10:42 AM
With that sig he'll get nothing but crap from me.

Ruttiger711
02-08-2012, 10:44 AM

It's an attack on a team but not individual people. You said "where again I was relentlessly attacked" though when you look at the thread, you're the first poster to single someone out and say something negative about them. Sure, maybe what he said was ignorant but is that the best way to start a discussion with someone? Just because someone is fat, is it really necessary to mention it? If I go to the 49ers board and do the same thing, you bet I'll get attacked and for good reason. When on another teams MB, you should probably show some restrain with your comments. I'll say this much dude. The hate, attacks, hazing, whatever you wanna call it can get a little out of hand here at times but in this particular thread, YOU started it.

Lol, I'll keep that all in mind, I should behave with more tolerance, but some stuff is just too much. But really, I started it? Uh-uh. Find my first post, tell me where I "started it". And don't even talk about the sig, I already explained it. Besides, that had nothing to do with this thread and the post I made in it.
</P>

</P>

I dont mind the sig ... really.</P>

What you see there... is a TE who KNOWS his knee is shot and is trying to get back on the field for his TEAM. This defines the spirit that won the suprebowl. </P>

You know what you cant make a gif of ballard of? 2 idiotic personal foul penalties in the NFCCG... all that talk about davis chaning and growing up? pfftt.. still a me first guy... enjoy your nothing 9ers. </P>

Sundown
02-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Wow what a pathetic gif!! Ballard is a warrior and nobody on the Whiners squad would know about that.