PDA

View Full Version : When is the Superbowl ticket lottery

NYSPORTS
01-22-2012, 11:56 PM
When?

bannerman
01-23-2012, 12:28 AM
My rep said they would announce info on Monday.

NJGiants2733
01-23-2012, 12:39 AM
If anyone has any information on how to obtain tickets to the game in Indy, please PM me. Never attempted to go to the Super Bowl before so I don't know how the process works. Thanks. Go Big Blue!!

bannerman
01-23-2012, 12:44 AM
Damn, that was fast:

January 2012

Account Number: XXXXXXXXX

The allotment of Super Bowl tickets given to the participating Teams is very
limited. In order to distribute tickets for purchase as fairly as possible to
our Club Seat Season Ticket Holders, we conducted a drawing by a random computer
selection that was weighted by seniority and number of Club Seats in your
account. In order to be eligible for the drawing, your account must be in good
standing. However, as in all drawings, there are no guaranteed selections; and
unfortunately, your account was not selected for an opportunity to purchase
tickets to Super Bowl XLVI.

For each year that you have held tickets in
your name, your account number was entered one time. That number was then
multiplied by the number of Club Seats you own. For example, if you have 2 Club
Seats and have had a ticket account in your name for 15 years, your account
number was entered in the computer drawing 30 times (2 Club Seats x 15 years).
If you have 10 Club Seats and have owned tickets for three years, your account
number was entered in the computer drawing 30 times (10 Club Seats x 3 years).
If your account has been in your name since Yankee Stadium, your account number
was entered in the drawing 46 times the number of Club Seats you currently own.
If your account has been in your name since Shea Stadium, your account number
was entered in the drawing 41 times the number of Club Seats you currently
own.

We thank you for your support and look forward to a great 2012
season.

Sincerely,

New York Football Giants

STH: Check your email! Might be a happy surprise!

smlst400
01-23-2012, 12:46 AM
I waited and until the very last minute and I do mean last minute (5:00 eastern the night before the game). I believe I used razorgator for my tickets and I got two behind the Patriots bench, 2nd row -- 45 yd line, I believe. I may have been lucky though and the whole trip cost me $5,000 -- $2,000 each for the tickets, flight one from Pit and flight one way from Phx (couldn't find reasonable round trips so I did two different airlines) and hotel.

Not sure I answered your question

jeffsec316
01-23-2012, 12:48 AM
Damn, that was fast:

January 2012

Account Number: XXXXXXXXX

The allotment of Super Bowl tickets given to the participating Teams is very
limited. In order to distribute tickets for purchase as fairly as possible to
our Club Seat Season Ticket Holders, we conducted a drawing by a random computer
selection that was weighted by seniority and number of Club Seats in your

I got the same email. Oh well. I'm sure it's not as random as they are saying.
account. In order to be eligible for the drawing, your account must be in good
standing. However, as in all drawings, there are no guaranteed selections; and
unfortunately, your account was not selected for an opportunity to purchase
tickets to Super Bowl XLVI.

For each year that you have held tickets in
your name, your account number was entered one time. That number was then
multiplied by the number of Club Seats you own. For example, if you have 2 Club
Seats and have had a ticket account in your name for 15 years, your account
number was entered in the computer drawing 30 times (2 Club Seats x 15 years).
If you have 10 Club Seats and have owned tickets for three years, your account
number was entered in the computer drawing 30 times (10 Club Seats x 3 years).
If your account has been in your name since Yankee Stadium, your account number
was entered in the drawing 46 times the number of Club Seats you currently own.
If your account has been in your name since Shea Stadium, your account number
was entered in the drawing 41 times the number of Club Seats you currently
own.

We thank you for your support and look forward to a great 2012
season.

Sincerely,

New York Football Giants

STH: Check your email! Might be a happy surprise!

jeffsec316
01-23-2012, 12:50 AM
Got the same email. I'm sure the lottery isn't as random as they are saying. Oh well.

smlst400
01-23-2012, 12:55 AM
hmmm... didn't get an email. wonder if that's a good thing.

Scarfacee71
01-23-2012, 12:59 AM
If anyone wins and wants to sell there tickets I'll buy :D

I know, unlikely, but I'm not kidding

I want to go so bad

bannerman
01-23-2012, 01:01 AM
That, and at least 550 tix got funneled to "Big Blue Travel" so they can sell their SB packages. Right on the homepage, you can have flight/hotel/ticket for $5850 each double occupancy!

giantsandyanks1
01-23-2012, 01:04 AM
just read my email and i didn't win either i want a recount

Harooni
01-23-2012, 01:05 AM
does anyone think it is fixed?

Scarfacee71
01-23-2012, 01:07 AM
Yea I highly doubt its actually random

NomadGiant
01-23-2012, 01:09 AM
I really want to go, and I have leave, gonna have to hit up stubhub or something

lttaylor56
01-23-2012, 01:13 AM
Yes email hit quickly. I will check in the am. At least I can go to sleep thinking I might have sb tix I the am

Sprinty
01-23-2012, 05:17 AM
Damn, I got my email also....

I did notice the use of "non-club psl" in the email. Does that mean club psl holders get 2x entries? Also, since it is based solely on the total account, in theory I would be much better off splitting up my seats between family, getting 1 entry for 2 accounts instead of 1.

Oh well, at least I won't have to sell a kidney or one of the kids to afforfd the trip, lol.

GO BLUE!!

davecrazy
01-23-2012, 05:24 AM
Damn, I got my email also....

I did notice the use of "non-club psl" in the email. Does that mean club psl holders get 2x entries? Also, since it is based solely on the total account, in theory I would be much better off splitting up my seats between family, getting 1 entry for 2 accounts instead of 1.

Oh well, at least I won't have to sell a kidney or one of the kids to afforfd the trip, lol.

GO BLUE!!

No luck here either.

suzyq
01-23-2012, 07:22 AM
so sad....I did not get tixs...oh well....at least I went to 1 superbowl.....1986...Go G Men!!!!

Gints123
01-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Got my email as well, no luck. Have had season tix since 1976 at Giants Stadium and the only time I was able to buy Super Bowl tix was for the first one, XXI. I had the time of my life in Pasadena and wouldn't trade it for anything. And, by the way, the tix were $75 each. I have them in a glass case above my fireplace along with the program, my Jim Burt jersey, a Super Bowl pin and the hat I wore to the game.

mitchmac
01-23-2012, 11:15 AM
I don't know that it's really"fiixed" - more likely you're just not going to see many of the tickets the organization gets go to season ticket holders. Why sell it to a STH for face when you can put it on stubhub or someplace similar and get 5 times that?

Kloeblen
01-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Did not get email either......could that mean something good?

peeps112
01-23-2012, 10:14 PM
if anyone does end up winning the ticket lottery and is searching for a place to stay, I am leasing my downtown Indianapolis condo (2 bed, 2 bath) located 3 minutes by foot from Lucas Oil. The condo is actually located in Super Bowl village on Georgia Street and overlooks Verizon Wireless stage (LMFAO plays there, etc.). Without sounding overboard, it is a very nice place and would comfortably accommodate 4 people at least. Let me know if interested. I put a link below. Should be a good time either way. Thanks.

http://www.mswoods.com/30_e_georgia-46202-in-21155962-for-sale-mls.htm

BigBlluueee
01-24-2012, 11:58 AM
0-5 in SB Tix Lottos

Early Super Bowl Stats.... 68000 seats in Indy.... 12500 off

the top to NFL (league office, NFLPA, etc) 17.5% of the balance

to each participating team....9700 each to Giants & Pats.... %

of those to fans.... Ask anyone in Giants organization & they

develop amnesia..... Thats 32k....the other 36k tickets ....Host city gets some, each other NFL team gets some, NBC gets some...... the rest to Corporate sponsors... Thats what it's like to be a fan these days.. Only thing going the fans' way..... in '87 a $ 75 face ticket cost $300 in the scalpers market....a 4x mark up. Today a $900 face will cost you $ 2700 now, a 3x markup.... Pity the poor ticket brokers .... their margins are being squeezed........Ha!
</p>&amp; then you have Class Warfare NYG Style....
Club
vs. Non Club… Granted, they paid more for their PSLs, but no where in
the PSL agreements does it give a weighting preference to clubs over
non club holders in post season ticket distribution. This is a NY
Giants decision, not a legal bound obligation….. “A true Screw the
Regular Fan scam” possible grounds for a lawsuit? Non club weighted
system 1 chance for each year held ie 10yr four seat season ticket
holder gets 10 chances…. Club bonus 1 chance for each year x # of
tickets so 10 year season ticket holder (4 Seats) who opted for a Club
PSL gets 10 chances x 4 = 40 chances…. But the biggest scam of all is
how many tickets from the 9700 went to the Captive Travel agent “Big
Blue Travel" which turns a $900 ticket into a $5850 package… Cha Ching
for someone!

</p>

</p>

BigBlluueee
01-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Just Spoke with the NY Giants Ticket office. My Family has been season ticket holders since 1956 when my dad parlayed his good fortune in the 1955 Brooklyn Dodger World Series win into 6 bleacher seats, Section 47 in Yankee Stadium. From the Bronx, to New Haven, to Shea Stadium &amp; to the Swamps of Jersey we went.... on Sundays from church to the games..... Monday nights till all hours....
Conerly, Tittle, Morrall, Tarkenton, Snead, Morton, Pisarck, Simms, Brunner, Rutledge, Simms, Hostetler, Simms, Brown, Kannell, Graham, Collins, Palmer, Warner &amp; Manning .... the Good &amp; the Bad... sometimes the very bad!!!!

My dad passed 4/08 &amp; with the PSL situation, we were forced to change the name on the account to my mom. N o address change, just submitted a form &amp; a copy of the death certificate. &amp; with that, as we are now finding out, went 50+ years of seniority.... Giant loyalty.... nice...

The mantra of old school Giant family is dead, went out the window with the old man &amp; the real Mr. Mara.

Mara &amp; Tisch .... Enjoy your time at the 1st Super Bowl game of the new greedy Giant football era.

manning to shockey
01-24-2012, 03:27 PM
DId anyone get picked? Seems like so far nobody here won.

Also I still have not received an email neither good or bad yet.

sec226
01-24-2012, 08:10 PM
i got the email from the giants i didnt win.

i won the NFL random lottery this year. i got the tix last week from the nfl. they were $600 a piece to sit in corner endzone 600 section. put them on stub hub, sold in 2 days. . sold them for $2900 a piece. i had a gut feeling the giants werent going to win, and was afraid the price might go down, so i sold. My boss, who sits on the 50 yard line, row 4, he got 2 tix through the giants

prymaxevintage
01-24-2012, 08:40 PM
nope I wasn't picked either but I'm still going lol

mitchmac
01-25-2012, 11:05 AM
i got the email from the giants i didnt win. i won the NFL random lottery this year. i got the tix last week from the nfl. they were $600 a piece to sit in corner endzone 600 section. put them on stub hub, sold in 2 days. . sold them for $2900 a piece. i had a gut feeling the giants werent going to win, and was afraid the price might go down, so i sold. My boss, who sits on the 50 yard line, row 4, he got 2 tix through the giants</P>

</P>

What exactly is the NFL random lottery?</P>

Jet-Blue
01-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Guy at work got 2 Tickets, has had seats since the opening of the Old "Giants Stadium". He also has 6 Coaches clubs seats, so that might have had something to do with it.

sec226
01-25-2012, 04:25 PM
i got the email from the giants i didnt win. i won the NFL random lottery this year. i got the tix last week from the nfl. they were $600 a piece to sit in corner endzone 600 section. put them on stub hub, sold in 2 days. . sold them for $2900 a piece. i had a gut feeling the giants werent going to win, and was afraid the price might go down, so i sold. My boss, who sits on the 50 yard line, row 4, he got 2 tix through the giants</P>

*</P>

What exactly is the NFL random lottery?</P>

the nfl alocates like 1% of tix to a random drawing each year. you have to enter via a certified letter. only one entry per address. they do it for every SB

mitchmac
01-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Pretty wild....never knew about that. Thanks</P>

brutus1227
01-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Long time reader, first time poster. I have 2 tickets in non-club psl and my brother has 1 right next to me. We've only had them for 2 years. He did win the ticket lottery. He is getting 2 tickets to the super bowl at $900 a piece.

BigBlue D
01-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Long time reader, first time poster. I have 2
tickets in non-club psl and my brother has 1 right next to me. We've
only had them for 2 years. He did win the ticket lottery. He is
getting 2 tickets to the super bowl at $900 a piece.
Congrats!!

BlytheY
02-01-2012, 12:39 AM
Every fan of NFL football would love to go the Super Bowl. It is among the biggest sporting events in the world. I would always love to be there and see the game live but tickets are really expensive. The cost of tickets to the game certainly shows that, as they are amazingly costly. Source for this article: Attending Super Bowl still super expensive (http://personalmoneynetwork.com/moneyblog/2012/01/27/cost-of-super-bowl-tickets/)