PDA

View Full Version : Fat Andy Ried

gfanblue
12-01-2011, 10:04 PM
As much as I hate the Eagles. Like you all do. You gotta respect the man for what he's done with less over-all talent than we have for a considerable length of time now. He always has our number. He always has his teams prepared. And I don't remember the Eagles EVER getting embarrased in late season like this team. Yea, they all lose games, but the mid-season debacles this team goes through has reached a breaking point. That being said, if AR gets canned in Philly, and TC gets his walking papers. Would Andy be the kind of guy to spark this team? Sorry if it's been brought up already. Please. Give more than one word answers too.

gmen0820
12-01-2011, 10:08 PM
I would take Reid. Hell of a coach. Plus, Reid has an excellent relationship with Spags, so I'm sure he'd love to coach under Andy again, short or longterm.

Could you imagine Spags becoming our equivalent to Jim Johnson?

JMFP2
12-01-2011, 10:11 PM
I recommend you guys visit the Eagles Message Boards....it's like a mirror image of this place. They can't wait to fire Andy, but respect Coughlin for winning a Super Bowl.

barran21
12-01-2011, 10:12 PM
They can't stop Beast Mode..

gmen0820
12-01-2011, 10:19 PM
They can't stop Beast Mode..
Thank god, he is on my fantasy.

FishinTheSalt
12-01-2011, 10:19 PM
He's a good coach. They're calling for his head which is a mistake imo. They can definately do a lot worse. I do know players like him and like playing and learning from him.

Seeing his bloated body on our sideline would be wired.

gmen0820
12-01-2011, 10:22 PM
He's a good coach. They're calling for his head which is a mistake imo. They can definately do a lot worse. I do know players like him and like playing and learning from him.

Seeing his bloated body on our sideline would be wired.I really hope the Eagles are dumb enough to fire him.

That will really set them back.

gfanblue
12-01-2011, 10:31 PM
I would take Reid. Hell of a coach. Plus, Reid has an excellent relationship with Spags, so I'm sure he'd love to coach under Andy again, short or longterm.

Could you imagine Spags becoming our equivalent to Jim Johnson?Forgot about the Spags connection. But honestly, STL is doing some good things. I don't see Steve going anywhere for at least a yr or two. Heck Del Rio lasted like 7 and they were a marginal .500 team

Gianthunter
12-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Now this is the absolute all ending piece of equineDEFECATION I have ever seen on this board. Gotta love it Mod X.

britishblue2
12-02-2011, 11:55 AM

Could you imagine Spags becoming our equivalent to Jim Johnson? Ive been saying this for a while now and i gotta agree with ya mate. If Ried gets canned and were in the hunt for a new coach at seasons end...the absoloute LEAST our front office can do is interview the guy that has by and large owned the NFC East for the past decade.

G-Men Surg.
12-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Now this is the absolute all ending piece of equine*DEFECATION I have ever seen on this board. Gotta love it Mod X.
ROFL !

RoanokeFan
12-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Let me see if I understand this. We want to replace a coach who has lost his team with another coach who, according to HIS fan base, has lost his team?

G-Men Surg.
12-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Let me see if I understand this.* We want to replace a coach who has lost his team with another coach who, according to HIS fan base, has lost his team?

Believe it or not it makes a lot of sense for some people around this MB !

britishblue2
12-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Let me see if I understand this.* We want to replace a coach who has lost his team with another coach who, according to HIS fan base, has lost his team?

Believe it or not it makes a lot of sense for some people around this MB ! Reids body of work speaks for itself. He's owned not only Coughlin and us Giants but the rest of the NFC East for a large part of the past decade. Oh yeah and 5 NFC Championships and 1 superbowl apperance. Coughlin apart from one hot late season in 2007 has done nothing consistent to allow us to be consistantly at the top of the NFC pecking order...NOTHING !!

Ried is a better coach than Coughlin it really is that simple

Harooni
12-02-2011, 04:30 PM
i doubt this happens , but lets say somehow it does. are you all not worried that he may want to bring in his own QB?

britishblue2
12-02-2011, 04:38 PM
i doubt this happens , but lets say somehow it does.* are you all not worried that he may want to bring in his own QB?
Now thats a scary thought.

BParcells777
12-02-2011, 04:40 PM
i doubt this happens , but lets say somehow it does.* are you all not worried that he may want to bring in his own QB?

WTF????

Andy would give his Thansgiving Dinner for the next 10 years to have Eli as his QB.........look at the dregs he has had to work with in the past

Donovan was always trying to break the receivers ankles with hard balls at the shoe tops....he was the exact opposite of what Eli used to do (throw over their heads)......Vick is a great talent with a tin head (Lurch II) ....actually Vince Young is the best QB Andy has ever had.....and Vince is NOT going to the Hall of Fame.

I'll take Andy in a heatbeat if he can find a real DC as Andy is another Offensive HC....that would be 3 in a row for us.....If Spags gets canned and comes back as our DC for a bit we would have the coaching Dream Team

Maybe he could bring Jackson with him.......give him Osi's money

burier
12-02-2011, 04:40 PM

Yes. Coaches usually want there own guy. Don't see why Andy would be any different...I mean if there's an elite QB in place you leave him but since Eli...meh nevermind.

I'm dissapointed that this Andy Reid business keeps comming up. He's our sworn enemy...has embarassed us numerous times and you want him to be our coach? PLEASE GOD NO! It would make rooting for the Giants very uncomfortable.

And I don't blame Philly fans for wanting the guy gone. I think he's a good coach but seriously if the goal is to win the SB he's had ALOT of time and ALOT of good players and ALOT of good coaches/coordinators around him to not have one yet. I'd be pretty sick of him to at this point if I was an eagles fan...You know what you're going to get most years..Pretty competitive but not gonna win the SB...plain and simple.

If you were an eagles fan and your roster had the likes of McNabb, Westbrook, T.O. Mike VIck (Who andy reid hand selected to succeed McNabb..Kevin Kolb was always just smoke screen) and 0 rings to show for it would you or would you not be a little pissed?

TroyArcher
12-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Let me see if I understand this. We want to replace a coach who has lost his team with another coach who, according to HIS fan base, has lost his team?

Believe it or not it makes a lot of sense for some people around this MB ! Reids body of work speaks for itself. He's owned not only Coughlin and us Giants but the rest of the NFC East for a large part of the past decade. Oh yeah and 5 NFC Championships and 1 superbowl apperance. Coughlin apart from one hot late season in 2007 has done nothing consistent to allow us to be consistantly at the top of the NFC pecking order...NOTHING !! Ried is a better coach than Coughlin it really is that simple</P>

</P>

Whose resume would you rather have? I will take a SB championship over a 100 division championships any day. You win it all or you win nothing. Until Reid hoists the Lombardi trophy he finishes second to TC. </P>

G-Men Surg.
12-02-2011, 08:44 PM

Believe it or not it makes a lot of sense for some people around this MB ! Reids body of work speaks for itself. He's owned not only Coughlin and us Giants but the rest of the NFC East for a large part of the past decade. Oh yeah and 5 NFC Championships and 1 superbowl apperance. Coughlin apart from one hot late season in 2007 has done nothing consistent to allow us to be consistantly at the top of the NFC pecking order...NOTHING !! Ried is a better coach than Coughlin it really is that simple</P>

*</P>

Whose resume would you rather have?* I will take a SB championship over a 100 division championships any day.* You win it all or you win nothing.* Until Reid hoists the Lombardi trophy he finishes second to TC.* </P>
I like both coaches and their body of work and truly believe each one has the correct job , Reid in Philly and TC is a classic Big Blues coach. Not saying they should be fired at the end of the year or if they deserve to be fired but sometime circles close and the last ones to notice this issue is the coach him self. I will not be surprise if the respective FO lets go both or neither of them, that been said Mr. Mara will not be happy if the Giants end up seeing the playoffs from the outside for the 3rd time in a row.

NYfanatic
12-02-2011, 10:01 PM
i doubt this happens , but lets say somehow it does. are you all not worried that he may want to bring in his own QB?

Yea right, I bet even he knows Manning is the best QB in the NFC east by far.

Harooni
12-03-2011, 05:27 AM

Yea right, I bet even he knows Manning is the best QB in the NFC east by far.

lol im not saying he would, its just some coaches do and Eli will be 31 next season.

Andy is not afraid to bench his franchise QB either. my question was no one thought about it and they want this guy.

britishblue2
12-03-2011, 06:58 AM
I bet Reid would find a way to get the likes of Beckum, Jernighan and Scott involved in the playbook. and not have every play take 10 seconds to devolop. Now dont get me wrong here peeps, Gilbride does some good playcalling, but wheres the short stuff, the quick dumpoffs and screens etc its too few and far between and Eli really struggles with them short backfield passes (normally hitting the feet of the intended target). Makes you wonder if Eli has a big say in the playbook and brushes aside some short stuff instead of Killbride. Now im saying this is not what i believe, its just food for thought.

UK-Giantsfan
12-03-2011, 07:06 AM
cant stand the fat Walrus ....... i have grown to hate all Eagles HC's over the years ( especially Buddy Ryan )

There are appox 20 coaches i would want before fatso .........anyway ....how did he do with the dream team this year ?.....4-8 and heading for oblivion. I hope he stays with the birdmuck

yoeddy
12-03-2011, 08:13 AM

Believe it or not it makes a lot of sense for some people around this MB ! Reids body of work speaks for itself. He's owned not only Coughlin and us Giants but the rest of the NFC East for a large part of the past decade. Oh yeah and 5 NFC Championships and 1 superbowl apperance. Coughlin apart from one hot late season in 2007 has done nothing consistent to allow us to be consistantly at the top of the NFC pecking order...NOTHING !!

Ried is a better coach than Coughlin it really is that simple

Does Reid really own Coughlin? Coughlin is 7-11 vs. Reid (regular season plus playoffs), but that includes 2 losses in Coughlin's first season here (very much a transition year coming off Fassel's final 4-12 season). So imho, you have to look at it as 7-9, which is far from being "owned"...