PDA

View Full Version : Jacobs gone next year?

ibbill
12-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Not sure about the rest of you but he was an embarrassment to me the way he acted when he scored a TD in N.O.

Just no class shown in my opinion. Cruz theres a classy kid.

Hope hes gone next year.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Class or not, no matter what, with the way the OLine is playing Jim Brown could not get yards if he tried.I dont know exactly how much Jacobs is making, since he restructured, but no way does he deserve a big contract. Cut him loose and save some money against the cap.

Gianthunter
12-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Ain't got nothin to do with class he was toast as of last year. The Giants just gave him a reach around because of the pay cut and misguided loyalty.

CDN_G-FAN
12-01-2011, 11:22 PM
we're paying our two running backs nearly $10 million a year in cap allocation.

one is starting to have injury trouble the other isn't effective running unless he can get through the line completely untouched, not to mention he's not what i would call a postitive addition to the team's culture.

i'll be stunned if jacob's back next year.

only thing that might change is a new coach may want to keep him to see what he does under a new regime.

AntB
12-01-2011, 11:50 PM
I think he just needs a little help getting that rock out of his shoe; or maybe it's a thumb tack. Plus he might have the doctor give him a scope to see if he has a corn cobb stuck deep in his butt. Have a little compassion; I'm sure these things are painful.

HeGoesDeep
12-02-2011, 12:07 AM
imo he will be gone next year

ibbill
12-02-2011, 12:22 AM
10 Million ouch That's ridiculous.

VTC_NYG
12-02-2011, 12:35 AM
I find it HIGHLY unlikely he would even resign if offered, which I doubt would happen.

JMFP2
12-02-2011, 12:43 AM
At this point, I don't see Bradshaw or Jacobs as the future of this team.</P>

As talented as Bradshaw is, he's riding some bad tires, and they won't ever be 100%.</P>

Jacobs will be 30 next year.</P>

Time to reload the position.</P>

condor63
12-02-2011, 12:58 AM
That Truck's engine has lost compression and the old torque of yesteryear is gone IMO.

It's time to trade it in.

Strife21
12-02-2011, 01:19 AM
Not sure about the rest of you but he was an embarrassment to me the way he acted when he scored a TD in N.O.

Hope hes gone next year.

I agree we are down you just dont do that. Good for Cruz for being intelligent.

jhamburg
12-02-2011, 03:04 AM
I find it HIGHLY unlikely he would even resign if offered, which I doubt would happen.

Why, cause he has so many options out there? Teams will only be interested in him strictly as a 3rd string/short yardage back. We'll see how much he enjoys that role.

Maybe we can swap headaches with Cleveland.

redbeardxxv
12-02-2011, 04:47 AM

Why, cause he has so many options out there? Teams will only be interested in him strictly as a 3rd string/short yardage back. We'll see how much he enjoys that role.

He's a Redskin next year.

britishblue2
12-02-2011, 08:25 AM

He's a Redskin next year. Shanahan likes quick one cut runningbacks who hit that gap fast. Jacobs is neither.

GameTime
12-02-2011, 09:01 AM

As talented as Bradshaw is, he's riding some bad tires, and they won't ever be 100%.</P>

</P>

as much as I like Bradshaw I never saw him as the main RB for the Giants. His feet and or ankles we cranky from day one. He shoudl have never been used as a primary back. They had no choice but he ruined with too mnay carries. But I guess that what RBs do......</P>

Jacobs will be gone as will Ware. </P>

GMENAGAIN
12-02-2011, 09:12 AM
He's under contract next year, so he has no choice but to come back if the team wants him.

However, there is 0% chance that the team will want him back. .

gumby742
12-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Cut both of them and sign some offensive lineman first.

redbeardxxv
12-02-2011, 06:29 PM

He's a Redskin next year. Shanahan likes quick one cut runningbacks who hit that gap fast. Jacobs is neither.
I was thinking more for in terms of blocking/blitz pickup combined with the sheer size advantage BJ used to use to his advantage. Maybe a change of scenery could spark something for him. Either way, after this year, you know Shanahan will do something to help protect the QB better. BJ is a big body to get in the way...

JMFP2
12-02-2011, 07:45 PM

</P>

as much as I like Bradshaw I never saw him as the main RB for the Giants. His feet and or ankles we cranky from day one. He shoudl have never been used as a primary back. They had no choice but he ruined with too mnay carries. But I guess that what RBs do......</P>

Jacobs will be gone as will Ware. </P>

Agreed on all counts.

I've always been a Bradshaw fan, but not the way they used him.

I can understand him gettnig a slim majority of carries over Jacobs, but really think Gilbride has mishandled the running game....in terms of distribution and plays.

And like you mentioned, Bradshaw just beats the **** out of himself. He's got tremendous heart, but he's running on his rims now.

I honestly don't know if Da'Rel Scott is the answer. He intrigues the hell out of me, but he's had some injury issues of his own in college.

After addressing OL and LB, I'd like the Giants to draft the best back available, preferably out of the ultra-tough SEC.

The Giants need a new 5-10, 220 pound hammer.

lilredk
12-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Class or not, no matter what, with the way the OLine is playing Jim Brown could not get yards if he tried.I dont know exactly how much Jacobs is making, since he restructured, but no way does he deserve a big contract. Cut him loose and save some money against the cap.

The difference between Jim Brown and Jacobs is , Brown could go inside
and succeed running outside and with the strength of a freight
train.....Plus he didn't tip toe through the tulips...IMHO....

G-Men Surg.
12-02-2011, 08:57 PM

Hope hes gone next year.
In a strict sense if I recall correctly he has 1 year left in his actual contract. That been said the only way I see the Giants letting Jacobs free is if the relation between him and FO goes south.

RoanokeFan
12-02-2011, 09:21 PM
we're paying our two running backs nearly $10 million a year in cap allocation.

one is starting to have injury trouble the other isn't effective running unless he can get through the line completely untouched, not to mention he's not what i would call a postitive addition to the team's culture.

i'll be stunned if jacob's back next year.

only thing that might change is a new coach may want to keep him to see what he does under a new regime.

I am sure Jacobs will be gone for CAP space alone. I'm also thinking Bradshaw may as well if there's someone out there (draft or FA) with less of an injury factor. I like them both, but they each have their downside. Jacobs is out of gas and Bradshaw is out of ankles/feet.

jax5338
12-02-2011, 09:25 PM
any good RBs perhaps with some "character issues" set to fall in the draft this year? gotta pick up some o-lineman and some LBs in the early rounds but hopefully another bradshaw like player could fall to the giants late.

ibbill
12-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Will we not need a DE if Osi leaves also.

Dirt66
12-02-2011, 11:35 PM
There is NO WAY he is back.....

BlueSanta
12-02-2011, 11:39 PM
He is due 500k in march. He will be cut by then. Including that $500k He is due about $5 mil for the 2012 year. He will never see that money unless he cons some other team into paying it(very unlikely.)

nycisgreat
12-03-2011, 04:23 PM

Hope hes gone next year.

Of all DBs, JB is the best pass blocked that we have. JB isn't the problem with our run game. AB isnt playing well either. Our o-line hasn't played well or been healthy since 2008. The o-line is horible this season.

giantfanatic
12-03-2011, 05:26 PM
I know our line is playing poorly, but neither back is making anything out of nothing. Bradshaw is inury prone.

We need to replace the backs more than we need to replace the line. Look at the Eagles running game - that back does it all on his own. Cutting back, setting people up, Never fumbles, Tiny guy but gets every carry. We need that kind of guy. We got nada.

Overdrive92
12-04-2011, 02:21 AM
Jacobs fans, get ready to kiss your man goodbye.