PDA

View Full Version : Devin Thomas Cheats

Crab
01-23-2012, 12:31 AM
Am I the only one in the country that noticed that Devin Thomas ran for 20+ yards out of bounds before taking possession of the ball that bounced of of the SF players knee???

Spizi
01-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Am I the only one in the country that noticed that Devin Thomas ran for 20+ yards out of bounds before taking possession of the ball that bounced of of the SF players knee???

theres nothing against that...

NY_Eli
01-23-2012, 12:33 AM
Doesn't matter, you're allowed to do that on kick offs, just can't be the first to touch it.

scf424
Touched the SF players knee first, doesn't matter

NYGRealityCheck

49er fan. Your team played great but here's football 101. Yes he was out of bounds, BUT he was NOT THE FIRST to touch the ball because the 49er returner touched it with his knee.

cornerback30
He wasn't the first player to touch the ball,it off of Williams's knee

BigBlue2010
01-23-2012, 12:34 AM
LOL, bitter trolls

aMies

He wasn't the first one to touch the ball since it hit off William's knee.

Mark444
if he was the first to touch it then its a penalty. he wasnt the first to touch it

Sarcasman

Thus he couldn't advance it.

RoanokeFan

It was already touched by another player, no foul. He can't be the first player to touch the ball. Don't be a sore loser

Cosmiknight
Only a penalty if he was the first player to touch the ball. Clearly he was not.

ShakeNBake

Was he the first person to tough the ball? No.
Are you an angry troll?Yes.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-23-2012, 12:35 AM
I mean everyone explained it already, but to explain it again:

You can touch the ball after running out of bounds, you can not be the FIRST. Thomas was back in bounds when the ball hit Williams' knee, therefore, Thomas could touch it.

FBomb
01-23-2012, 12:35 AM
Am I the only one in the country that noticed that Devin Thomas ran for 20+ yards out of bounds before taking possession of the ball that bounced of of the SF players knee???</P>

It touched the SF player AFTER he established himself back in play. He wasn't the first to touch the ball so the play is legal.</P>

Nice try though. Man up, you guys played great...nothing to be ashamed of......except this lame thread.</P>

GMenNY21
01-23-2012, 12:36 AM
It went OFF WILLIAMS KNEE, CRABS!! Get Over It!!! Enjoy your teams offseason! Cheers

Ruttiger711
01-23-2012, 12:37 AM

I bet you could trade either of the Willis' for a QB.

FBomb
01-23-2012, 12:37 AM
Am I the only one in the country that noticed that Devin Thomas ran for 20+ yards out of bounds before taking possession of the ball that bounced of of the SF players knee??? Thus he couldn't advance it.</P>

He couldn't advance it because it was ruled down as soon as he touched it. If it had been ruled a muffed punt he could have returned.it.</P>

Voldamort
01-23-2012, 12:38 AM
are you cryin,nobody got it better than us nobody!!!

Kingb50
01-23-2012, 12:41 AM

theres nothing against that...

Better luck next time westside troll

nycisgreat
01-23-2012, 12:45 AM

Even if that happened. he wasn't the first person to touch the ball bud!

Sarcasman
01-23-2012, 12:50 AM
Am I the only one in the country that noticed that Devin Thomas ran for 20+ yards out of bounds before taking possession of the ball that bounced of of the SF players knee??? Thus he couldn't advance it.</P>

He couldn't advance it because it was ruled down as soon as he touched it. If it had been ruled a muffed punt he could have returned.it.</P>

You are right. That was my misunderstanding...thanks

Giant stuck in Texas
01-23-2012, 01:21 AM
Am I the only one in the country that noticed that Devin Thomas ran for 20+ yards out of bounds before taking possession of the ball that bounced of of the SF players knee???Unlikely, but you could very well be the only one in the country that doesn't know that rule.;)

BTW- gg, your defense is no joke.

myles2424
01-23-2012, 01:26 AM
Am I the only one in the country that noticed that Devin Thomas ran for 20+ yards out of bounds before taking possession of the ball that bounced of of the SF players knee??? this is your first post? You mormons in San Fran just start learning about football or what??

myles2424
01-23-2012, 01:26 AM
Am I the only one in the country that noticed that Devin Thomas ran for 20+ yards out of bounds before taking possession of the ball that bounced of of the SF players knee??? this is your first post? You mormons in San Fran just start learning about football or what??

SRTtoZ
01-23-2012, 01:46 AM

Brand new to football I see...or just a 49ers bandwagoner?? Either way, as Kenny Powers would say... "YOU'RE ******* OUT!"

YATittle1962
01-23-2012, 01:47 AM

you should learn the rules of American Football

MikeIsaGiant
01-23-2012, 01:47 AM
Someone give this guy a kleenex WAH WAH, they come on this forum to talk mad smack and than they're sore losers about it....

WAH WAH like Vernon Davis' party

bflo23
01-23-2012, 01:48 AM

Try again.

FishinTheSalt
01-23-2012, 02:04 AM
Sour grapes, keep reaching.

JMGGIANTS
01-23-2012, 02:06 AM
<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>FINAL RESULT: YOU GOT OWNED!! GOODNIGHT</FONT>

nygiants0017
01-23-2012, 02:12 AM
One of the dumbest statements I've seen on this board

tikiandphil
01-23-2012, 02:19 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NYGFaninILL
01-23-2012, 02:20 AM

Thus he couldn't advance it.

He couldn't advance it because it was a muff, not a fumble. You cant advance muffs

RULESRRULES
01-23-2012, 04:00 PM
First off I am neither a Giants fan or SF fan. I had to google it today to see if anyone else saw the out of bounds thing either and this page came up. Did Devin Thomas cheat? Nah not really. Did he and the Giants get away with one, ABSOLUTLEY!

RULE 9 Scrimmage Kick Section 1 Article 4 states : " During a punt that crosses the line of scrimmage, and prior to a change of possession, it is a foul if a kicking team player goes out of bounds voluntarily (with out being contacted) prior to the end of the kick" Penalty loss of 5 yards

With that being the rule it should have been a 5 yard penalty on Thomas for running out of bounds re-punt Giants. "Gunners" are taught to run along "out of bounds" because if they are "HIT" "out of bounds" it is a 15 yard personal foul penalty on the receiving team. It allows the gunner to use speed to get by the blocker without being touched. When the gunner comes back into the field of play and both feet are established in bounds or he is contacted by another player he is then established again. The player by rule "has to try to get back in bounds as soon as possible". Thomas did not do that either.

It is a call you rarely see but it is in the rule book. I have only seen it called a handful of times, but...End result, refs missed it didn't call it, Giants got away with it. It's only illegal if you get caught.

RULE 9 Scrimmage kick Section 2 Article 3 states: "A player of the kicking team, who has been out of bounds, may not touch or recover a scrimmage kick beyond the line of scrimmage until it has been touched by a kicking team player who has not been out of bounds, or until it has been touched by a player of the receiving team beyond the line." (NOTE: If a player touches or recovers the ball before he has re-established himself in bounds, the ball is out of bounds at the spot of the touch, and there is no foul.)

I believe he re-established himself in the field of play so the recovery ruling was upheld and valid.

Hey SF had plenty of chances to win this game they just didn't take advantage of them.

chasjay
01-23-2012, 04:11 PM
He certainly re-established himself back in the field of play by fighting through the blocks of two 49er players before recovering the ball

Zaggs
01-23-2012, 04:26 PM

This encapsulates the entire 49ers franchise and fanbase in one comment.

Zaggs
01-23-2012, 04:28 PM
First off I am neither a Giants fan or SF fan. I had to google it today to see if anyone else saw the out of bounds thing either and this page came up. Did Devin Thomas cheat? Nah not really. Did he and the Giants get away with one, ABSOLUTLEY!

RULE 9 Scrimmage Kick Section 1 Article 4 states : " During a punt that crosses the line of scrimmage, and prior to a change of possession, it is a foul if a kicking team player goes out of bounds voluntarily (with out being contacted) prior to the end of the kick" Penalty loss of 5 yards

With that being the rule it should have been a 5 yard penalty on Thomas for running out of bounds re-punt Giants. "Gunners" are taught to run along "out of bounds" because if they are "HIT" "out of bounds" it is a 15 yard personal foul penalty on the receiving team. It allows the gunner to use speed to get by the blocker without being touched. When the gunner comes back into the field of play and both feet are established in bounds or he is contacted by another player he is then established again. The player by rule "has to try to get back in bounds as soon as possible". Thomas did not do that either.

It is a call you rarely see but it is in the rule book. I have only seen it called a handful of times, but...End result, refs missed it didn't call it, Giants got away with it. It's only illegal if you get caught.

RULE 9 Scrimmage kick Section 2 Article 3 states: "A player of the kicking team, who has been out of bounds, may not touch or recover a scrimmage kick beyond the line of scrimmage until it has been touched by a kicking team player who has not been out of bounds, or until it has been touched by a player of the receiving team beyond the line." (NOTE: If a player touches or recovers the ball before he has re-established himself in bounds, the ball is out of bounds at the spot of the touch, and there is no foul.)

I believe he re-established himself in the field of play so the recovery ruling was upheld and valid.

Hey SF had plenty of chances to win this game they just didn't take advantage of them.

Thomas did not go out of bounds "voluntarily". He was blocked out of bounds.

BlueSanta
01-23-2012, 04:29 PM
Apaprently...

Troll 9er fans dont know the rules of football.

and..

Troll 9er fans are bitter.

vcruz2013
01-23-2012, 04:29 PM
Oh boy, here we go... successful troll is successful.

ShakeNBake
01-23-2012, 04:32 PM

He was forced out of bounds and was not the first person to touch the ball ala it was a legal play. How many times does this need to be explained to you trolls? Goodbye, cya next year have fun watching us in two weeks

vcruz2013
01-23-2012, 04:33 PM

With that being the rule it should have been a 5 yard penalty on Thomas for running out of bounds re-punt Giants. "Gunners" are taught to run along "out of bounds" because if they are "HIT"* "out of bounds" it is a 15 yard personal foul penalty on the receiving team. It allows the gunner to use speed to get by the blocker without being touched. When the gunner comes back into the field of play and both feet are established in bounds or he is contacted by another player he is then established again. The player by rule "has to try to get back in bounds as soon as possible". Thomas did not do that either.

"voluntarily..."

You get NOTHING. YOU LOSE. Good DAY, SIR.

giantsfan420
01-23-2012, 04:34 PM

With that being the rule it should have been a 5 yard penalty on Thomas for running out of bounds re-punt Giants. "Gunners" are taught to run along "out of bounds" because if they are "HIT"* "out of bounds" it is a 15 yard personal foul penalty on the receiving team. It allows the gunner to use speed to get by the blocker without being touched. When the gunner comes back into the field of play and both feet are established in bounds or he is contacted by another player he is then established again. The player by rule "has to try to get back in bounds as soon as possible". Thomas did not do that either.

thats interesting but thomas was BLOCKED out of bounds. that happens all the time and is not a personal foul on the return team for doing so. also he re-established himself in bounds. and he didnt purposely run out of bounds AT ALL, he was sprinting down, got blocked out of bounds, re-established himself in bounds, then recovered. that was a legal play.

know what isnt legal, that BS multiple player motion the 9ers like to do to draw a team offsides. now that needs to be addressed this offseason or u'll see teams doing all sorts of "motion" formation shifts. and the way in which the 9er players do it is a dramatic, blatant motion to mimick a snap.

Manning2Niks
01-23-2012, 04:42 PM
I read the title as "Devin Thomas Cleats". Thought he had really long spikes or something.

Kruunch
01-23-2012, 04:47 PM

Swing and a miss!

BillTheGreek
01-23-2012, 04:50 PM

I know ..............The Agony of Defeat !

http://theagonyofdefeat.tumblr.com/
Listen to your Uncle Sam ! Enjoy the Super Bowl ! and watch the Giants Win Again !

Providence
01-23-2012, 04:55 PM
If Thomas is blocked out which he was, he is obligated to make his way back into the field of play, which he did. This happens on almost every punt that happens.

No foul.

BillTheGreek
01-23-2012, 04:58 PM
If Thomas is blocked out which he was, he is obligated to make his way back into the field of play, which he did. This happens on almost every punt that happens.

No foul.

RIGHT ! This is one call the Refs got right !

MattMeyerBud
01-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Doesn't matter, you're allowed to do that on kick offs, just can't be the first to touch it.

and since there was a fumble, he obviously wasn't the first one to touch it

(sorry had to finish your thought for the slow whiner fan)

RULESRRULES
01-23-2012, 06:12 PM
I could care less who won the game. I am a Steelers fan and were out anyway. I am just saying the refs missed a call on a big play. Like they miss holding calls and interferance calls etc.. It looks like someone else saw it too even if he is a SF fan or whatever.
I watched the replay and Thomas used his speed to run toward the sidelines and around the defender voluntarily and continued to run out of bounds for 20 yards when clear of the defender. In those 20 yards he had pleanty of opportunity to get back in the field of play but didn't. Because if someone hit him while running out of bounds it is a personal foul for hitting a player out of bounds.(rarely called but saw it in a Eagles Cowboys game once) and the Giants would have gotten the ball back because it was before a possession change.Thomas was smart to do what he did and got away with it, good for him it worked out. Thomas got down there the fastest way he could and recoverd the ball after it hit a 49er. end of story. I am objective to ref calls good or bad when watching the NFL and call it like I see it. Just wanted to see if anyone saw it that way.

Just think if they didn't have instant replay and challenges.

brad
01-23-2012, 06:17 PM

Had this same argument with my father-in-law.. he is a 9ers fan. Tried to explain to him that he wasn't the first to touch the ball because it bounced it touched a 9er first. He didn't want to hear it, but just like you, he was wrong.

slipknottin
01-23-2012, 06:18 PM
he was blocked out of bounds at the start of the play, and got back in the field as soon as he could.

Thats completely 1000000% legal.

You trolls find me a video that shows Thomas VOLUNTARILY running out of bounds on that punt.

Gianthunter
01-23-2012, 06:24 PM
This is forty millions worth of funny.[:D] Wow come on people.

JMGGIANTS
01-23-2012, 06:30 PM
I could care less who won the game. I am a Steelers fan and were out anyway. I am just saying the refs missed a call on a big play. Like they miss holding calls and interferance calls etc.. It looks like someone else saw it too even if he is a SF fan or whatever.
I watched the replay and Thomas used his speed to run toward the sidelines and around the defender voluntarily and continued to run out of bounds for 20 yards when clear of the defender. In those 20 yards he had pleanty of opportunity to get back in the field of play but didn't. Because if someone hit him while running out of bounds it is a personal foul for hitting a player out of bounds.(rarely called but saw it in a Eagles Cowboys game once) and the Giants would have gotten the ball back because it was before a possession change.Thomas was smart to do what he did and got away with it, good for him it worked out. Thomas got down there the fastest way he could and recoverd the ball after it hit a 49er. end of story. I am objective to ref calls good or bad when watching the NFL and call it like I see it. Just wanted to see if anyone saw it that way.

</P>

LOL your point is irrelevant. He didn't get away with anything...hello</P>

swordfish
01-23-2012, 07:06 PM
And Crab, you should seriously try another name, since you way overpaid Crab was MIA , hanging out in his shell

vcruz2013
01-23-2012, 07:07 PM

lol hows big ben doing... yumadtho?

egyptian420
01-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Yes....you're the only one in the country that seemed to notice this....quick, inform the authorities....Jesus...how did everyone else miss it? You got good eyes kid

Voldamort
01-23-2012, 07:24 PM
wow crab's I never thought this would come from you?

bgblucru5656
01-23-2012, 07:25 PM

He wasn't the first one to touch the ball since it hit off William's knee.

i like the sig. at least one jet is going to the superbowl. lol

Thomasishome
01-24-2012, 06:11 AM
sometimes you have to wonder what is fair, and yes, that was a fair ball

:)

~peace

thomas :)

ps: (i also know a alex (who is also a crab btw) who hides behind catholicisim secretly destroying
lives with his wife, alongside jami rose, would that be fair?

all three of those people are very real, and two are "devout" catholics. so go figure... :)

bigjeep
01-24-2012, 07:01 AM
<DIV>Actually it bounced off my computer hit my TV and bounced off my knee before it hit his knee! [:S] Devin Thomas was fine, while running off the field he didn't stop for a San Fran hotdog with mustard! So yes, it was legal! [8-)]</DIV>

Sarcasman
01-24-2012, 08:34 AM

What are the results of your analysis for the rest of the game?

You did check every play, right? All the un-called holding penalties on the 49 O-line? The defensive holding calls on the 49 defensive backfield? The facemasking (not called) on the 49 defensive back on that incomplete pass (was actually DPI) in the 3rd quarter?

Don't tell me you only looked at one play.

Please post the results of your analysis of all the other plays, I"m interested to see how it all balances out because I saw a lot of holding in that 49 secondary.

yoeddy
01-24-2012, 08:39 AM

You did check every play, right? All the un-called holding penalties on the 49 O-line? The defensive holding calls on the 49 defensive backfield? The facemasking (not called) on the 49 defensive back on that incomplete pass (was actually DPI) in the 3rd quarter?

Please post the results of your analysis of all the other plays, I"m interested to see how it all balances out because I saw a lot of holding in that 49 secondary.

Also saw 49er defenders driving Eli into the ground after he threw the ball a couple of times, but no roughing the passer penalties called...

Sarcasman
01-24-2012, 08:44 AM

Also saw 49er defenders driving Eli into the ground after he threw the ball a couple of times, but no roughing the passer penalties called...

Let's be patient. We only asked for his full game analysis a few minutes ago. I'm sure he will be providing it shortly. I doubt he'd try to cherrypick one play to make his case, I mean that would be embarrassing.

WORLDCHAMPS
01-24-2012, 08:45 AM

YOU are VERY DUMB. Learn the rules. He CANNOT TOUCH THE BALL FIRST.

NJGIANTinNC
01-24-2012, 08:54 AM

I can't bELIeve the Refs missed that.
Maybe if Candlehit had more than 2 cameras they could of reviewed it.

*in red, noob- don't know how.

nygsb42champs
01-24-2012, 09:15 AM
Nothing illegal about what he did.