PDA

View Full Version : Well Eagles dead and buried.. Are we only 9days from same fate?

miked1958
12-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Well the BOOK has finally closed. The Curtain has COME DOWN on the Dream Teams Season. They will now just play out the string with 4games left. The big question is...................................</P>

are we only a mere week and a half away from the same fate. ELIMINATED......</P>

Well the first piece of the 4 Piece Puzzle for the Cowboys to Clinch the Division was put in place last night. The Eagles had to lose 1 of their next 2 and lose they did. Blown out by Seahawks.</P>

The 2nd and 3rd Pieces could be put in place fairly easy this weekend with a loss by us to the Packers and a win by the cowboys over the Cards. Both very likely. </P>

Then the final piece of the puzzle could be placed next Sunday when the we play @ Dallas. Boy who would have thought going into the season with the year the Cowboys had in 2010 that they would be in a position to Clinch the East in week 14 with still 3games left to be played. </P>

I expected the Redskins to fizzle when they had their early fast start. But I never expected both the Eagle and Giants to just lay down like this for them. We have the Injury excuse but the Eagles dont even have that. </P>

Hopefully we stand up and upset GB and beat Dallas and turn this season around</P>

ny06
12-02-2011, 10:07 AM
If the Eagles are dead, we are on life support.</P>

</P>

miked1958
12-02-2011, 10:15 AM
I really hope are guys find something within them to be able to put together 2 weeks of inspired football. I dont know if they are physically in a position to do it with all of the guys we have hurt. but sometimes if you get a RESOLVE inside you it is possible to mentally get pumped up to the point where you go in and win games you have no business winning. Thats what we will need in next 2wks. Will i be surprised if we get blown out twice and our season ends. NO. But I think these guys are professionals and I think they are stewing right now with everyone saying they are done. I think a hurricane is brewing and will hit as a Catogory 5 late Sunday afternoon and the Packers just happen to be the team standing in the way. To bad for them

titwio
12-02-2011, 10:25 AM
If the Giants miraculously beat the Packers this Sunday then that's all the momentum they'd need for the rest of the year which includes the playoffs.

I know that seems like a stretch and it's why I used the word "miraculously" but a win Sunday would be HUGE and exactly what this team needs to turn their season around....

All of this is wishful thinking but hey...If they do it then...I'd have high hopes that they could deal with Cowboys in the remaining games, win the division and have momentum going into the post season.

Yep...That's where I'm at right now. lol

Redeyejedi
12-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Amazed that team beat the Giants pathetic really. The O should be just as ashamed for that performance as the defenses in NO

buddy33
12-02-2011, 10:37 AM
After the Giants get beat bad this weekend they will be even more distracted. We will hear the coaches saying they prepared but didn't execute, they are not going to collapse, and players saying they are making the playoffs.

They don't have the players to win. The players, not all of them, that they do have don't have the heart to win.

Even as I type this I hold out hope, but I think they get destroyed Sunday and they let it get to them even though they will say no.

RoanokeFan
12-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Amazed that team beat the Giants pathetic really. The O should be just as ashamed for that performance as the defenses in NO

Yes, but what good is looking back and what's not going to change? We still have the Division/playoffs in our grasp if we have the will and the talent to make it happen.

I think we have the talent, the will is another matter.

threenout
12-02-2011, 11:06 AM
dead man walking!

miked1958
12-02-2011, 11:15 AM
If they have any pride left whatsoever and it doesnt look like it based off that monday nite performance, they cant let GB come into their house and have their way. Period

titwio
12-02-2011, 11:19 AM
If they have any pride left whatsoever and it doesnt look like it based off that monday nite performance, they cant let GB come into their house and have their way. Period

I don't know about you but seeing some of those GB Packers talk on ESPN about the match-up this weekend just came off as smug to me. Especially Greg Jennings.

I'd love nothing more to stomp some of that smug right off their hopes for a perfect season.

RoanokeFan
12-02-2011, 12:58 PM

I don't know about you but seeing some of those GB Packers talk on ESPN about the match-up this weekend just came off as smug to me. Especially Greg Jennings.

I'd love nothing more to stomp some of that smug right off their hopes for a perfect season.

Stranger things have happened. These are the types of games where the cream inexplicably rises to the top and we pull it off..

bleedinblue27
12-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Winners never quit....
Quiters never win....

bklyn1028
12-02-2011, 01:11 PM
To the guys who say our season is over, we will get stomped on this Sunday, just burn your tickets, and don't even show up. Why don't we just mass email Mara and tell him to start their vacations, and give the team the reast of the season off.
I know you're disgusted, but they are still the Giants that we love and watch and are attached to.
My God, the Seahawks lost all hope weeks ago, but do you see their stands full, and the noise!. Come on....it's not over yet.
To those who still have faith...God Bless!

Redeyejedi
12-02-2011, 01:12 PM
If they have any pride left whatsoever and it doesnt look like it based off that monday nite performance, they cant let GB come into their house and have their way. Period I don't know about you but seeing some of those GB Packers talk on ESPN about the match-up this weekend just came off as smug to me. Especially Greg Jennings. I'd love nothing more to stomp some of that smug right off their hopes for a perfect season.

Stranger things have happened. These are the types of games where the cream inexplicably rises to the top and we pull it off..
Reminds me of the Denver game from 1998

Gianthunter
12-02-2011, 01:13 PM
The shovels have already been Packed.

RoanokeFan
12-02-2011, 01:17 PM

It's also going to snow?

Gianthunter
12-02-2011, 01:20 PM

It's also going to snow?
More fittingeasier to get buried in.

RoanokeFan
12-02-2011, 01:21 PM
If they have any pride left whatsoever and it doesnt look like it based off that monday nite performance, they cant let GB come into their house and have their way. Period I don't know about you but seeing some of those GB Packers talk on ESPN about the match-up this weekend just came off as smug to me. Especially Greg Jennings. I'd love nothing more to stomp some of that smug right off their hopes for a perfect season.

Reminds me of the Denver game from 1998

GIANTS STUNNED '98 BRONCOS (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/giants_have_crushed_perfection_before_4ojeHW28MxPK iLsTusR3QL)

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-02-2011, 01:23 PM
I don't think the Giants are in trouble.

They have a very hard game against Green Bay, but I still believe that they have a chance to win that game.

As far as the playoffs go, it's simple: beat Dallas twice and win the next 4 out of 5. That's it. That's all that is required. If they can't do that, then they don't deserve to go anywhere.

RoanokeFan
12-02-2011, 01:24 PM
I don't think the Giants are in trouble.

They have a very hard game against Green Bay, but I still believe that they have a chance to win that game.

As far as the playoffs go, it's simple: beat Dallas twice and win the next 4 out of 5. That's it. That's all that is required. If they can't do that, then they don't deserve to go anywhere.

We just need to play the games one at a time.

funkybudda
12-02-2011, 01:30 PM
I dont think this Packers game will bury us, but the next game against Dallas will be crucial. If we lose that one, there's good chance the season is done for good.

miked1958
12-02-2011, 04:23 PM

Reminds me of the Denver game from 1998</P>

As a matter of fact that is the lead story on giants.com. Title was "Will the Giants end another Streak".. good read</P>

miked1958
12-02-2011, 04:45 PM
On ESPN First Take this morning Skip Bayless again said that the giants will not only cover the spread but they will win the game on the field. I thought i was hearing things so i taped the show and just watched it back and he was singing our praises. </P>

Must be a ratings thing cause he was fighting with the other guys tooth and nails when they said we were down, finished , cooked, over. He just kept laying out reasons why the giants stand tall this week and make life miserable for Rodgers and Company</P>

titwio
12-02-2011, 05:30 PM
On ESPN First Take this morning Skip Bayless again said that the giants will not only cover the spread but they will win the game on the field. I thought i was hearing things so i taped the show and just watched it back and he was singing our praises. </P>

Must be a ratings thing cause he was fighting with the other guys tooth and nails when they said we were down, finished , cooked, over. He just kept laying out reasons why the giants stand tall this week and make life miserable for Rodgers and Company</P>

Skip has been on a roll with some of his predictions. I know he doesn't like Rodgers but at least someone believes in this team.

If the Giants win this game I declare I will sport a Skip Bayless's picture in my sig.

miked1958
12-02-2011, 07:46 PM

Skip has been on a roll with some of his predictions. I know he doesn't like Rodgers but at least someone believes in this team.

If the Giants win this game I declare I will sport a Skip Bayless's picture in my sig.

That I gotta see. So I will come back here to this thread on Sunday night to see your skip bayless sig. Can't wait

titwio
12-03-2011, 05:54 AM

That I gotta see. So I will come back here to this thread on Sunday night to see your skip bayless sig. Can't wait

I'm a man of my word.

Delawaregiant
12-03-2011, 06:36 AM
This team will be eliminated by a bunch of showboaters, it is about me team, not we as a team, but me with a dumbed down team. I have seen bad Giant teams in my life, but this team lacks class, a killer instinct, and poor coaching.

mstray92
12-03-2011, 07:16 PM
This team will be eliminated by a bunch of showboaters, it is about me team, not we as a team, but me with a dumbed down team. I have seen bad Giant teams in my life, but this team lacks class, a killer instinct, and poor coaching.

The lack of killer instinct is a result of "no balls, no stones TC" and "Easy it's ok to settle for FG's Eli Manning" and "Perry, I refuse to change from zone to bump and run Fewell"

miked1958
12-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Bump. Didn't want this to fall to far down. Want to see him Change His sig to skips picture.lol