PDA

View Full Version : boothe....BOOTHE....

NobodyMan
01-23-2012, 12:56 AM
Our o-line did not have a good game at all. The 9ers D-line is very good (much better than the Pats's, thankfully) so that was part of the problem - another problem was Baas's condition - he got injured and the interior rush was consistently strong.

None of our linemen had really good games (although no holding calls on Snee - I guess he had the best game of all of them), but I'm still amazed at Boothe's versatility - from guard, to center (making calls and doing shotgun snaps) then back to guard, playing effectively. And despite Diehl being beaten around the corner a few times, I think he's the most underrated tackle in the NFL. He consistently stones DeMarcus Ware and the Eagles ends (all-pros like Trent Cole) and he never gets the props he should.

But there's no denying that Manning took beating and our running game did just barely enough.

NYSPORTS
01-23-2012, 12:58 AM
Baas was annihilated early and both tackles couldn't block late.

I thought Jacobs should have been in to help block. Then again, it appeared this game was too fast for him. Tripped up on that 4th and 1 was pathetic.

lavar2
01-23-2012, 12:59 AM
He played a pretty good game all things considered. Should be the guard of the future. Honestly K-Mac played what may have been the worst game of his life and Snee was pretty bad too. Not actually terrible running the ball but the pass pro was god awful. Oh yeah, David Baas you can probably get off my team now.

I Bleed Blue 56
01-23-2012, 12:59 AM
When Bass went out Eli had time to throw the ball im starting to come to the conclusion he has to be the worst o line pick up in FA history. Hes horrible for real Eli got beat up but alot of it was from the middle and Mckenzie getting beat but mostly up the middle. towards bass side.

JJC7301
01-23-2012, 01:16 AM
Fact is, that regardless of what happens in the SB, they need to address the o-line. Even if we win, I don't want to hear about how this o-line got us to the SB -- it needs some revamping.