PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Stop Thinking About Steve Smith

giants2thebowl
01-23-2012, 12:58 AM
Hahaha oh steven

bflo23
01-23-2012, 01:00 AM
didn't the giants let him go because they were concerned with his injuries?

Connor
01-23-2012, 01:00 AM
dont forget plax!!

Ruttiger711
01-23-2012, 01:03 AM
didn't the giants let him go because they were concerned with his injuries?

Simply, no

buddy33
01-23-2012, 01:05 AM
I stopped thinking about him when he signed with the Eagles.

Harooni
01-23-2012, 01:08 AM
Hahaha oh steven

http://api.ning.com/files/KM3NHTCL3qOUn*9lj5YK5BJ3OlmiI0pXCEfwudn7TeHdXBK3dJ 2WqOqWdd5J*9XiTqrSYY1bgRemQJEEUx*UvW1DeXhSbYn9/gay.gif

JMFP2
01-23-2012, 01:08 AM
I hope Steve is happy with his agent......his new team has a fanbase that hates his gut, and his old team has replaced him with a new NFL star.</P>

bLuereverie
01-23-2012, 01:10 AM
I bet his agent gets a hold of Reese this upcoming season.

Bleedblue11
01-23-2012, 01:11 AM
Screw that we aren't here w/out Cruz. W/SS we wouldn't be here

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
01-23-2012, 01:12 AM
I'M not concerned with that dude. However Plax Mr "IM signing with the Jets cuz I think they have a better shot of winning the SB" you my friend can enjoy ur off season.

sc_markt
01-23-2012, 01:15 AM
Hahaha oh steven

Steve who???

Harooni
01-23-2012, 01:17 AM
did he only sign a 1 year deal?

bLuereverie
01-23-2012, 01:21 AM

Yes.

bLuereverie
01-23-2012, 01:21 AM

Yes.

bflo23
01-23-2012, 01:22 AM
I don't think the Giants had any intention to re-sign Steve Smith because of his knee surgery and the Giants already having Nicks, Manningham and Cruz. Giants had plenty of depth at WR spots. He was hurt in 2010 and was hurt in 2011.

We should be thanking Steve Smith for going to the Eagles where he didn't do anything for them.

As for Plaxico, I am still a fan of Plaxico. Without Plaxico, Giants don't win that SB or get there. Let him go to the Jets or anywhere else because there isn't any room for him here. I hope he is successful on another team.

Harooni
01-23-2012, 01:22 AM

Yes.
oh thx i thought he got multi year decent money. i bet he is kicking himself.

Giant stuck in Texas
01-23-2012, 01:28 AM
I knew this thread was coming......haha I'm sure both of them have regret and feel stupid.

BParcells777
01-23-2012, 01:36 AM
Wasnt Smith released by the Eagles??

maybe he'll be back in our summer camp for a tryout

I dont blame him for going down there for guaranteed money we were not going to pay a one legged guy

it takes 1-2 yrs to come back from microfracture surgery

Harooni
01-23-2012, 01:38 AM

Yes.

thx , why did he leave for 1 lousy year deal??? wow

bflo23
01-23-2012, 01:40 AM

Yes.

thx , why did he leave for 1 lousy year deal??? wow

Surgery to his knee.... Team would be crazy to give him anything more than 1 year deal.

And this year, he was hurt and missed lot of games.

miked1958
01-23-2012, 01:42 AM
Hahaha oh steven
Lets not forget Boss and Cofield either. Lol

calzonesays
01-23-2012, 02:16 AM
Steve can come back next season if he wants.

He can carry around Victor's pads and make sure he has plenty of orange flavored gatorade.

Harooni
01-23-2012, 02:19 AM
ill take cruz any day

MikeIsaGiant
01-23-2012, 02:21 AM
CRUZZZZZZZ

THANKS SMITH, U SUCK, we got a team bro

WE CRUZZZZZin into the SB

Oh and Plax, we don't need you... go shoot yourself again in the leg

rainierjef
01-23-2012, 02:25 AM
dont leave kevin boss and cofield out of this

myles2424
01-23-2012, 02:31 AM
But but but but, he's on the dream team

RonnieRotten
01-23-2012, 02:49 AM
Steve Smith might never be able to play again (would not be signed)... because of his bumb knee. He did the right thing for himself, when he was able to get 2-4 million from the Eagles. The Giants (GM &amp; Owners) showed very little interest in signing him. Not much respect for what he did for us the previous years. I wish Steve S. the best.... he was Eli's favorite, and if he stayed healthy would have certainly set Giant receiving records. He was also helpful to Cruz (rookie year).
If I am wrong.... and he is healthy (100%) someday... Eli would take him back in a second.
Congrats Giants!
RonnieRotten - Las Vegas, NV.
ps SB *Prop bets* will come out in a few days. Take the overs for Giant receivers in SB. Especially in 1st half.... if offered. RR

Bigg Bluee
01-23-2012, 03:00 AM
The saddest part is steve was happy and successful in new york. He would post like three facebook statuses a day, and all of the Giants fans would tell him how much they loved him. Now, he deleted all of his info and pics on fb and nobody can even post to his wall. He never has anything to say. He's been forgotten and he knows it. Truly a fall from grace.

davecrazy
01-23-2012, 05:38 AM
You're really going to hate on a guy who coming of serious knee surgery took a guaranteed 7 figure payday?

The Giant's weren't going to come close to the Eagles offer.

He did the right thing for himself.

Juanito
01-23-2012, 09:23 AM
I'd be willing to bet he is back next year when Manningham signs a big deal somewhere else.

Kruunch
01-23-2012, 09:31 AM
I don't think the Giants had any intention to re-sign Steve Smith because of his knee surgery and the Giants already having Nicks, Manningham and Cruz. Giants had plenty of depth at WR spots. He was hurt in 2010 and was hurt in 2011.

We should be thanking Steve Smith for going to the Eagles where he didn't do anything for them.

As for Plaxico, I am still a fan of Plaxico. Without Plaxico, Giants don't win that SB or get there. Let him go to the Jets or anywhere else because there isn't any room for him here. I hope he is successful on another team.

They offered SS a contract this year ... the same one that the Eagles offered him minus the second year option.

SS didn't allow the Giants to counter the Eagles offer ... he just signed with them.

We wouldn't have won the Superbowl in 2007 without SS and for that I will always appreciate him.

But he made a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE mistake this year signing with the Eagles.

Enormous.

Giant!

miked1958
01-23-2012, 09:36 AM
You're really going to hate on a guy who coming of serious knee surgery took a guaranteed 7 figure payday?

The Giant's weren't going to come close to the Eagles offer.

He did the right thing for himself.

Not really. But it's like 07 all over. In 06 we lose one of our best offensive producers of all time. Tiki Barber retires and left on bad terms. Then we lose are tough outspoken TE to injury. Shockey. What's Eli do. Goes out and wins SB in 07.

Then we come in losing Our most productive WR to FA Steve Smith, then have chance to resign best WR since SB07 but Plax signs with Jets. We lose best TE since shockey that helped win SB07 to FA, Kevin boss. We lose one of best DT we had from SB07 cofield to FA.
Then our year starts and we promptly lose best D player that had most tackles and INTs from prior yr to IR Terrell Thomas, then lose starting MLB J Goff to IR, then lose best punt/KO guy D. Hixon to IR, Several other guys go down on IR. Osi starts year missing tons of games due to injury. Number 1 pick Prince A.breaks foot out most of season. Bradshaw re breaks bone in foot. Injuries on and off all year... What does Eli and giants do?? Go back to the Super Bowl again is all

AllTuckedUp
01-23-2012, 09:43 AM
What's the point in this thread? Smith played great for us and now you want to rub it in his face that things didn't work out the way he wanted them in Philly? Nice....The guy left because he was going to get more money and be on a team that actually believed he was capable of playing right away with his injury. The Giants didn't.

Firenugget
01-23-2012, 09:45 AM
What's the point in this thread? Smith played great for us and now you want to rub it in his face that things didn't work out the way he wanted them in Philly? Nice....The guy left because he was going to get more money and be on a team that actually believed he was capable of playing right away with his injury. The Giants didn't.

<font color="#FF0000">yeah, I feel so bad for him.....</font>

But after thinking about it a second, the thread<u> is </u>pretty pointless and petty. He's gone, let him be gone.

Firenugget
01-23-2012, 09:45 AM
evil double post.

gumby742
01-23-2012, 09:57 AM
I can't think of another Steve Smith worth talking about other than the one in Carolina.

bansaw
01-23-2012, 10:54 AM
funny I hadnt thought about him once until I saw this thread

out of sight out of mind imo

BParcells777
01-23-2012, 10:56 AM

They offered SS a contract this year ... the same one that the Eagles offered him minus the second year option.

SS didn't allow the Giants to counter the Eagles offer ... he just signed with them.

We wouldn't have won the Superbowl in 2007 without SS and for that I will always appreciate him.

But he made a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE mistake this year signing with the Eagles.

Enormous.

Giant!

Big Shout out for Steve Smith.....had he signed it would have delayed or possibly invalidated Victor Cruz arrival......also with Smith in there we might have lost a game or two with a gimp on the field

Diamondring
01-23-2012, 11:02 AM
I can see if Steve was healthy and went to the Egals but he was hurt so I bet the Giants wouldn't use him that much anyways. Leave the man alone fellas. He has to live his life.