PDA

View Full Version : Trey Junkin

JMFP2
01-23-2012, 01:34 AM
It's all good, man.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-23-2012, 01:44 AM
That was awful, but it NEVER SHOULD HAVE COME TO THAT.

You're up 38-14 in the third, you win the game.

JMFP2
01-23-2012, 01:53 AM

</P>

Weatherford has put that bad spirit to rest.</P>

JJC7301
01-23-2012, 01:57 AM

+1 BIG TIME. Trey Junkin is the LAST name that comes to my mind when I think about that game. That was a typical Fassell-esque loss. It never should have gotten to the point where Junkin's name is supposed to be synonomous with Buckner.

Heck, even Buckner didn't deserve his treatment considering that the '86 game was already tied and they had the Mets down to 2 strikes (and 2 outs) about 3 times before that (FYI, I'm a Mets fan, unfortunately).

bELIeve_in_Giants
01-23-2012, 01:58 AM
I love sports, but man do I feel badly for individuals who end up costing their team a big win. Trey has obviously never been able to get over it. The kicker on Baltimore and the punt returner on San Fran have my sympathies.

BigBlue2010
01-23-2012, 01:59 AM
It's all good, man.</P>

</P>

ha ha, nice post.</P>

DragonSoul
01-23-2012, 02:01 AM
It's all good, man.still it was never his fault. but funny post!

JMFP2
01-23-2012, 02:02 AM
If Hanlon is reading these boards....</P>

</P>

".....</P>

He has always hated the 49ers, he says. He will root for the Giants.</P>

"Maybe they'll send me a T-shirt if they win," he says. "It would be a nice birthday gift. I turn 51 Sunday."</P>

...."</P>

nygiants0017
01-23-2012, 02:02 AM
It's all good, man.

hahaha still feel for that guy...it should have never come down to that

Bohemian
01-23-2012, 02:09 AM
Great post! It is nice to see that fans are appreciative of the efforts of great players, and big enough to forgive past errors. And like someone noted on the board stated; that game should have never come down to that moment. That game came undone due to a complete lack of self control (as personal fouls and lack of concentration in clutch situations) in part of lots of key players. But that is history, so now we focus on the task ahead of making history by winning another championship.

Go Blue!

JMFP2
01-23-2012, 02:11 AM
Great post! It is nice to see that fans are appreciative of the efforts of great players, and big enough to forgive past errors. And like someone noted on the board stated; that game should have never come down to that moment. That game came undone due to a complete lack of self control (as personal fouls and lack of concentration in clutch situations) in part of lots of key players. But that is history, so now we focus on the task ahead of making history by winning another championship.

Go Blue!
</P>

I always felt bad for the guy. Yeah, the snap was bad, but like others have said, the Giants should have put that game away in the 3rd quarter. Throw in a horrendous officiating blunder, and that was that.</P>

I'm hoping he was watching tonight.</P>