PDA

View Full Version : Its all over the net that we only won because of thier punt returner

Harooni
01-23-2012, 01:35 AM
normally would have been ginn jr but he was out with a knee. so this kid kyle got the punts. and now its all over yahoo and the net that we only won because of his two mishaps.

what about our D stopping them on all those 3rd downs? what about how we hung up 2 td's with them???

wow no credit no love.

JJC7301
01-23-2012, 01:37 AM
Screw everyone else. Let's see what they say when we win the SB in 2 weeks.

slipknottin
thats how it always is. who cares.

ToomerFORtheBomb
*normally would have been ginn jr but he was out with a knee. so this kid kyle got the punts. and now its all over yahoo and the net that we only won because of his two mishaps.

what about our D stopping them on all those 3rd downs?* what about how we hung up 2 td's with them???

wow no credit no love.

I am glad and hope that continues. The Giants under Coughlin feed off of that stuff.

ShakeNBake
Gotta love it. How about the fact that they couldn't pass against our depleted secondary with 5 cbs on IR. Hopefully we will hear some more excuses in two weeks.

YATittle1962
1 - 13 on 3rd down

look no further

manning to shockey
Who cares screw them. We're in the Superbowl!!!

Mohann
01-23-2012, 01:38 AM
We will only get as much love as Eli gets, and even you got on him.

DragonSoul
01-23-2012, 01:38 AM
sounds like an injury excuse. one that we mentioned but didn't use. We also played vs the refs. So screw em all.

MikeIsaGiant
01-23-2012, 01:39 AM
1 - 13 on 3rd down

look no further

THIS, major factor in the game.

Meanhothead
01-23-2012, 01:39 AM
We will only get as much love as Eli gets, and even you got on him.

lol

Harooni
01-23-2012, 01:41 AM
I know we have a great team, but it sucks when you keep hearing and reading this crap

i saw 2 good teams today and we came out on top. we didnt get a gift or got lucky.

FBomb
01-23-2012, 01:42 AM
Could not care less,

XxBigWhitxX
01-23-2012, 01:42 AM
*normally would have been ginn jr but he was out with a knee. so this kid kyle got the punts. and now its all over yahoo and the net that we only won because of his two mishaps.

what about our D stopping them on all those 3rd downs?* what about how we hung up 2 td's with them???

wow no credit no love.
Yea I mean its not like they went 1-13 on 3rd down, couldn't get anyone open, and weren't moving the ball for ****...oh wait.

DJloves
01-23-2012, 01:43 AM

wow no credit no love.

And we wouldn't have given up those two TDs if T2 had been the game. Puh-lease. The ball that hit the knee gave us a break, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't have won without it. The second botched punt was a great play by our guys - it had been an defensive stale mate any ways and someone was bound to screw up - the Giants, more tested in the postseason, won in that regard.

hungrrrry
01-23-2012, 01:45 AM

wow no credit no love.
Its all part of the game...we won the turnover battle

Pakman
01-23-2012, 01:46 AM
Alex Smith completed one...ONE pass to a WR all game.

We win.

Harooni
01-23-2012, 01:47 AM
Alex Smith completed one...ONE pass to a WR all game.

We win.

haha thats checkmate

calzonesays
01-23-2012, 01:48 AM
http://www.hatersgoingtohate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/haters-gonna-hate-flutekid.jpg

younggiant
01-23-2012, 01:50 AM
http://www.hatersgoingtohate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/haters-gonna-hate-flutekid.jpg
LMAO!

UFGiantFan

wow no credit no love.

Just give them one of these...
http://annahumphrey.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/tiny_violin1.jpg

spair
normally would have been ginn jr but he was out with a knee. so this kid kyle got the punts. and now its all over yahoo and the net that we only won because of his two mishaps.

what about our D stopping them on all those 3rd downs? what about how we hung up 2 td's with them???

wow no credit no love.

We don't want nor need their stinking love..

<font color="#0000FF">ALL IN!!</font>

giantyankee1976
01-23-2012, 01:51 AM
Ugly Wins TRUMP Pretty Losses

bottomline: who won? who lost? Next !

CDN_G-FAN
01-23-2012, 01:52 AM
that was the difference in the game, for sure.

who cares?

i don't need to be going to the superbowl after a massive dominating performance where everyone bows to our greatness.

i just need to be going to the SB.

Axels15
Right, cause their team had so many injuries to overcome compared to the Giants

elitosmith
sorry injuries are part of the game. ask the GIANTS. and, no one told them to go 1-13 on 3rd down, or allow Eli to throw that missle Td to Mario on 3rd and 15 when they had the lead.

Weygand
01-23-2012, 01:53 AM
They're pretty much right. The game ended reg time 17-17 and in big games like this, one let down or in this case 2 plays can make the difference. This was a very close game between two teams who matched up pretty well

Weygand
01-23-2012, 01:54 AM
that was the difference in the game, for sure.

who cares?

i don't need to be going to the superbowl after a massive dominating performance where everyone bows to our greatness.

i just need to be going to the SB.

Truer words and all that

JMFP2
01-23-2012, 01:57 AM
Giants won because special teams count, too.</P>

On offense, Eli converted 49er mistakes into points....clutch TD on 3rd and long to retake the lead. He stood in there under withering pressure and made a bunch of big throws.</P>

We Giants fans deserve this one....how many times have special teams resulted in tragedy???</P>

</P>

DJloves
01-23-2012, 02:00 AM
They're pretty much right. The game ended reg time 17-17 and in big games like this, one let down or in this case 2 plays can make the difference. This was a very close game between two teams who matched up pretty well

No, they're not right tbh.

appletree943
01-23-2012, 02:03 AM
and you expected not to hear that? cmon now 2 fumbles in or near the redzone and yall won by 3? to be expected

*hater googles off*

good win fellas i normally dont like defense battles like that but was awesome to watch

now go win superbowl so my eagles can smash yall twice next year : )

Harooni
01-23-2012, 02:05 AM
and you expected not to hear that? cmon now 2 fumbles in or near the redzone and yall won by 3? to be expected

*hater googles off*

good win fellas i normally dont like defense battles like that but was awesome to watch

now go win superbowl so my eagles can smash yall twice next year : )

lol @ the sig

tikiandphil
01-23-2012, 02:06 AM

wow no credit no love.

I will be considering that while the Giants and I enjoy being in the Superbowl. But only for a second. Hahahahahahahahaha

giantyankee1976
01-23-2012, 02:07 AM

No, they're not right tbh.

basically.

Defensive battle all game.

we gave up 2 big plays to 85

their 10 makes 2 big mistakes, we capitalize

we win, they lose

what's to talk about???

a W is a W, nothing more to see or say here.

dave56dj
01-23-2012, 02:12 AM
Um whats wrong with that? We played clean against a +32 team - Thats amazing.

The second fumble was forced by J will - it wasn't given to us.

Thomas was heads up on the first one - and muffs happen.

It clearly wasn't the fumbles alone but YES THEY WERE THE TURNING POINT and thats just fine. GO BLUE.

RCJINTS
01-23-2012, 03:04 AM
wateva ... the Giants never get any respect. We won because we were the better team. Period.

tabouli88
01-23-2012, 04:15 AM
... who cares ? .. more like .. "it's all over the net we won" ...

obalgos
01-23-2012, 04:18 AM
I obviously disagree that we only won this because of those things BUT this is how I look at it.....WE STILL WON. No matter how you spin it, we won, regardless of how, thats debatable. But at the end of the day we are going to the Super Bowl.

ajd121
01-23-2012, 04:21 AM
Ok and if Nicks doesn't get hurt allowing them to double team Cruz in the 2nd half, we might have put up 30 vs them.

JMFP2
01-23-2012, 04:22 AM
The Giants won because they played solid defense, won the turnover/special teams battle, and passed for over 300 yards against a very strong defense.</P>

Don't forget,Williamsalso had a great return that set up the game tying field goal....and earlier, herecovered a fumble that bounced out of Osi's arms.</P>

So yeah, he had a rough game, but he also made a couple important plays, too.</P>

Relentless
01-23-2012, 05:19 AM
After any big win there are always stories or comments like that. The other things you can expect to hear are , "the better team didn't win" or "the Giants didn't win, San Francisco lost" or "if it wasn't for this or that play the Giants would have lost".

The bottom line: people get injured, people make bad plays, sometimes the weather or field conditions suck. That's why there is only criteria used in sports to determine which team is the best, and that is the team that wins.

The 2007 Patriots were 16-0 in the regular season and they rewrote the record books along the way. But the trophy given to the best team in the NFL that year sits in the Giants trophy case. Why? Because when we played them in the Super Bowl, we won.

pt1028
01-23-2012, 06:44 AM

wow no credit no love.

And SF beat NO last week because of 5 turnovers by NO.
If the Giants don't deserve to go to the SB because of that, then the 49ers didn't deserve to win last weeks game vs NO.

elismom
01-23-2012, 08:36 AM

wow no credit no love.

Harooni you think we still gave up too much for eli?
What a waste of time I have spent defending this first ballot HOF QB

BigBlue1971
01-23-2012, 08:44 AM

wow no credit no love.
</P>

</P>

whatever it takes to win thats my theory!</P>

we havent had the respect all season why should they give it out now.</P>

key to it all: WIN!!!!</P>

Firenugget
01-23-2012, 08:45 AM
aaaand Pats won because Ravens missed an easy FG. Hell we can go game by game of every team in the playoffs and play this game. It's nonsensical logic used by bitter trolls. Just let 'em roll in misery yelling about how unfair life is.

Besides, who needs love from critics when you can have another superbowl trophy instead?

Voldamort
01-23-2012, 08:45 AM
I'am ok with this,D played great ELI is the man!!!! One more Giants hang in there!!

yoeddy
01-23-2012, 09:00 AM

wow no credit no love.

Bad decision on their part to put such an inexperienced guy back there. Bad coaching decision....

bansaw
01-23-2012, 09:27 AM

wow no credit no love.
thats why they have special teams. always overlooked till it costs you a game

I dont care how we win, just win lol

JimC
01-23-2012, 09:29 AM
and that means what exactly????

bansaw
01-23-2012, 09:30 AM
speaking of special teams

what about weatherford pulling that low snap and getting it set

GOAT

buddy33
01-23-2012, 09:32 AM
LOL.

Yeah, that is the only reason why the won. Funny stuff.

Kruunch
01-23-2012, 09:33 AM

wow no credit no love.

Hey whatever gets them through the night.

Buying my Super Bowl tickets now ....

casvdry
01-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Who cares what's all over the net, you're in the Superbowl.

gumby742
01-23-2012, 09:50 AM
Personally, i love it this way. We play better.

EZ_E
01-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Oh I get it, when the Saints give the ball up to the 49ers, it's a legit win. And when 49ers give it up to us, it is a fluke.

Bottom line is both teams played hard and it was an even game. After the "gifts" the 49ers defense still could have stopped the Giants from scoring a TD (amazing pass to Manningam) on 3rd & 17, but they did not. If they hold them there you can argue they win the game.

In OT, that turnover like all the ones last week the 49ers got, was forced by the other team. J.Williams made a great play and put his team in a position to win the game. Tynes still had to make the kick (with a low snap), which was no gimme. Just ask Ravens kicker B.Cundiff.

49ers were lucky it wasn't 3 turnovers as Osi could not hold on to the fumble on the trick play the 49ers tried to run in the 1st half.

MattMeyerBud
01-23-2012, 11:49 AM

wow no credit no love.

i guess all of our injuries don't matter though

THE_New_York_Giants
01-23-2012, 11:49 AM
The key to what they are saying is "The Giants only won..." After that, nothing else matters. A win is a win. There are three phases to a football game, offense, defense, and special teams. If a team gives up two huge special teams plays, they deserve to lose.

TroyArcher
01-23-2012, 11:50 AM

wow no credit no love.
</P>

And if Terrel Thomas was playing Vernon Davis wouldn't have scored and TD's. All teams have injuries, the good teams overcome. The Giants are a good team. </P>

DJloves
01-23-2012, 01:00 PM
The Giants won because they played solid defense, won the turnover/special teams battle, and passed for over 300 yards against a very strong defense.</P>

Don't forget,*Williams*also had a great return that set up the game tying field goal....and earlier, he*recovered a fumble that bounced out of Osi's arms.</P>

So yeah, he had a rough game, but he also made a couple important plays, too.</P>

wow no credit no love.

And SF beat NO last week because of 5 turnovers by NO.
If the Giants don't deserve to go to the SB because of that, then the 49ers didn't deserve to win last weeks game vs NO.

+1

Mod_C
01-23-2012, 01:04 PM

wow no credit no love.

Oddly enough, there is only room for one letter in the only columns that matter. No asterisks, no "oh by the way", nada. You field the players you have, just like we've done all season long. We fielded the better team yesterday.

Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you!

32 teams started the marathon, two are heading for the finish line. GO FIGURE!

Joe Morrison
01-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Who really cares, the GMEN are going to the Superbowl!</P>

Like John Madden says, the better team usally wins the game.</P>

Fact: TC, been there done that, Harbough, 1st time, really thought he was outcoached, handcuffed his offense.</P>

Fact: VD makes two plays for about 140 yards, two plays, take them away and they didn't do squat.</P>

Fact: PR should never have been close to the ball for the muff, and Jones made a play and caused a fumble, good play, not luck.</P>

So like I said, I don't care, do you, going to the show.</P>

TheStomach
01-23-2012, 01:07 PM
as an outside objective opinion, if the game played out the same and Ted Ginn is in the game, the giants lose. 49ers were the better team with one player costing them big. That happens, Giants are still in the super bowl. You all need to realize how lucky you are and appreciate the moment. You beat 2 teams in the playoffs that are better teams and caught them at inopportune times. That will probably come to an end in the super bowl but we will see.

Mod_C
01-23-2012, 01:08 PM
as an outside objective opinion, if the game played out the same and Ted Ginn is in the game, the giants lose. 49ers were the better team with one player costing them big. That happens, Giants are still in the super bowl. You all need to realize how lucky you are and appreciate the moment. You beat 2 teams in the playoffs that are better teams and caught them at inopportune times. That will probably come to an end in the super bowl but we will see.

Coach Harbaugh, get over it.

What if Ginn played and broke his leg? Cudda, shudda, wudda.

TheStomach
01-23-2012, 01:12 PM

What if Ginn played and broke his leg?* Cudda, shudda, wudda.

maybe you didn't read my post, I am agreeing that one player screwed the 49ers. I am not a 49ers fan but they are a better team than the giants. If they played 10 times the 49ers i think would win 7. It happens. Games happen. Life happens. Giants got lucky in this one, we will see what happens in the super bowl. Good job on your team making it to there, this franchise needed something.

Joe Morrison
01-23-2012, 01:13 PM
as an outside objective opinion, if the game played out the same and Ted Ginn is in the game, the giants lose. 49ers were the better team with one player costing them big. That happens, Giants are still in the super bowl. You all need to realize how lucky you are and appreciate the moment. You beat 2 teams in the playoffs that are better teams and caught them at inopportune times. That will probably come to an end in the super bowl but we will see.</P>

Fact, 9ers made two plays and went 1 - 13 on 3rd down, get over it, the better team won, it was just a matter of time, and your coach is a sore loser who didn't have the decency to respect the man who just kicked his butt.</P>

This isn't college, he better learn that quick or he'll be another Pete Carrol who jumped in, made a splash and then sunk to the bottom.</P>

Go Giants.</P>

the miser
01-23-2012, 01:16 PM

Funny, that exact sentiment didn't work for us all year when our ir list was ridiculous

DJloves
01-23-2012, 01:20 PM

You're pathetic. In a playoff game, "better" teams don't let the other one win - sorry.

The 49ers were "lucky" that we blew coverage against Davis twice.

The 49ers were "lucky" there wasn't one holding call against them.

The 49ers were "lucky" we've had the worst injury list all year.

The 49ers were "lucky" they didn't get called for face mask, which could have led to a TD instead of a FG.

The 49ers were "lucky" they weren't call for offsides, which directly resulted in a sack.

You're pathetic. We beat the #1 and #2 seeds fair and square, no matter how you sell it. Enough with this "inopportune times" - what can be more opportune than the damn playoffs?

BigBlue1971
01-23-2012, 01:29 PM
as an outside objective opinion,<FONT color=#0000ff size=6> if</FONT> the game played out the same and Ted Ginn is in the game, the giants lose. 49ers were the better team with one player costing them big. That happens, Giants are still in the super bowl. You all need to realize how lucky you are and appreciate the moment. You beat 2 teams in the playoffs that are better teams and caught them at inopportune times. That will probably come to an end in the super bowl but we will see.</P>

</P>

what are you talking about?</P>

the Giants played 1 hellva game, especially the defense. Ten Ginn would have made no difference he wouldve been locked down 2!</P>

the fact is V. Davis is the only threat in that offense. that was evident by the score!<FONT color=#0000ff size=6> if</FONT> the Giants stopped one or both of those throws, your talking shutout!</P>

btw you are not the better team!</P>

rebelfan1966
01-23-2012, 02:09 PM

wow no credit no love.
</P>

It don't matter what others think.... we won the game. Let the people talk and fan that fire..... I like it. </P>

THE_New_York_Giants
01-23-2012, 02:12 PM
IF the 49ers won the game, they would be in the Superbowl. HOWEVER the New York Football Giants won the game and are going to the Super Bowl!!!

RoanokeFan
01-23-2012, 02:18 PM

maybe you didn't read my post, I am agreeing that one player screwed the 49ers. I am not a 49ers fan but they are a better team than the giants. If they played 10 times the 49ers i think would win 7. It happens. Games happen. Life happens. Giants got lucky in this one, we will see what happens in the super bowl. Good job on your team making it to there, this franchise needed something.

We got lucky? They converted ONE third down in the waning minutes of the game. Take Vernon Davis out of the equation and their offense did what? We stripped the ball, that's a PLAY, not good fortune.

OX1
01-23-2012, 02:18 PM
as an outside objective opinion,<FONT color=#0000ff size=6> </FONT></P>

</P>

LIAR!!!!!!!!!</P>

sc_markt
01-23-2012, 02:19 PM

wow no credit no love.

I love it when we get no respect and are said to be the underdogs yet we keep winning...

G-Man67
01-23-2012, 02:20 PM
i'm shocked that their weren't more turnovers in those appalling conditions .... why anyone would be surprised is beyond me ... i guess a lot of casual fans jump on bandwagons this time of year and due to their lack of knowlegde, they actually think fumbles in rain are rare

FlipNYG77
01-23-2012, 02:24 PM
this is why the Giants are so used to playing in the rain...no matter what they do..the media will always rain on their parade

M0rbid
01-23-2012, 02:28 PM

What if Tuck was healthy, What if Terrel Thomas was healthy, What if the officiating flagged their Oline for blatantly holding the Giants DLine, What if this game was played in Met Life stadium? Better team won.

Diamondring
01-23-2012, 02:28 PM

What if Ginn played and broke his leg?* Cudda, shudda, wudda.
Gots to be him.

Diamondring
01-23-2012, 02:29 PM

What if Tuck was healthy, What if Giants Terrel Thomas was healthy, What if the officiating flagged their Oline for blatantly holding the Giants DLine, What if this game was played in Met Life stadium? Better team won.
Got him there.

yatitle
01-23-2012, 02:32 PM

Hey ease up it couldn't be Coach Harbaugh, he's busy getting ready for the Pro Bowl.

bandwgn86
01-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Who cares screw them. We're in the Superbowl!!!shoulda been /thread with this post

pino
01-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Our Defense, and even more amazingly, our Special Teams stepped up big time. That's not luck.

Playing until 0:00. Having the awareness to punch out the ball, and being in position TWICE to recover the turnover. Getting BLASTED over and over, yet remaining calm to make throws and NOT turn the ball over.

Luck had nothing to do with it. Both teams played outstanding and they should be proud of how their defense played, but they just gave us one opportunity too many to make a play.

OrangeGiant
01-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Newsflash niner fans- that's football! Are you freakin serious with this garbage? If Ted Ginn played the niners would have won. LOL. Players get hurt, sort of the way the game goes, you know? Now were going to go down that path that if this guy or that guy played things would have been different? I think 30 other teams could make that statement about this season and the way things turned out. Did you forget that our starting LB and corner have been out since training camp? You adjust and you play with the guys you have. Gimme a break.</P>

So I guess if it was the niners who had punted to the Giants and the niners forced a fumble it would have been a great special teams play, right?</P>

You lost, get over it. Good luck next year cry babies. You think the Giants haven't had some agonizing losses in the past? Remember 2002 when the NFL actually apologized the next day for blowing the call in the SF-Giants playoff game on the field goal attempt at the end of the game? That's football, deal with it.</P>

nygsb42champs
01-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Not a surprise. The Giants will not get credit until they win Super Bowl 46.

RoanokeFan
01-23-2012, 04:21 PM

Hey ease up it couldn't be Coach Harbaugh, he's busy getting ready for the Pro Bowl.

LOL

Harooni
01-23-2012, 04:37 PM
WOOOW bitter?

what about the 49ers offense not moving the ball????