PDA

View Full Version : TOM COUGHLIN IS OUT!

bleedinblue27
12-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Tom steped in 2005
first season 11-5
2006 - 2-6 the last 8 games
2007 - 4-4 in the last 8 games 6-2 start *SB*
2008 - 11-1 to start and lost 3 of 4 WC lost
2009 - 5-0 start 3-8 to finish
2010 - 6-2 start 4-4 to finish
2011 - 6-2 start............heres why Tom Coughlin is coaching his last year in New York!!

Ruttiger711
12-02-2011, 01:47 PM
2008 - plaxico - period.</P>

But why not just write </P>

2009 - 5-3 start, 3-5 finish? it doesnt look as bad?</P>

</P>

bleedinblue27
12-02-2011, 01:51 PM
2008 - plaxico - period.</P>

But why not just write </P>

2009 - 5-3 start, 3-5 finish?* it doesnt look as bad?</P>

*</P>
LOL! yes you are so correct!! LOL!!

supergiants07
12-02-2011, 01:55 PM
2008 wasn't a collapse. They won home field advantage in the NFC so they didn't collapse to end the regular season and they lost in the divisional round not the wildcard round

jakegibbs
12-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Tom steped in in 2005
first season 11-5
2011 - 6-2 start............heres why Tom Coughlin is coaching his last year in New York!!

Your probaly right but for the wrong reason...
Word in the street down south here is TC is going to be coming back to Jax to coach. He still has his home down here you all know that right?

He was a god down here & they'res a lot of talk about getting him back down to Jax.

GMENAGAIN
12-02-2011, 02:10 PM
I hope that you are banned for life for your misleading thread title. </P>

Toolbag</P>

egyptian420
12-02-2011, 02:11 PM
I hope that you are banned for life for your misleading thread title. </p>

Toolbag</p>
...for real

bleedinblue27
12-02-2011, 02:15 PM
I hope that you are banned for life for your misleading thread title.* </P>

Toolbag</P>
YEAH......wait.............WHAT? TOOLBAG THIS MEATHEAD!! are you one of the dummies who thought they fire him already!! and im the toolbag!! jackwagon!!

MikeIsaGiant
12-02-2011, 02:18 PM
I hope they ban him too, I was so surprised when I saw this thread title.

jhamburg
12-02-2011, 02:26 PM
I hope that you are banned for life for your misleading thread title.* </p>

Toolbag</p>
...for real

Did you guys seriously think Coughlin got fired? What team fires a coach midseason when they have a winning record and they're 1 game out of 1st? Is the even a precident for that?

jakegibbs
12-02-2011, 02:31 PM

Toolbag</p>
...for real

Did you guys seriously think Coughlin got fired? What team fires a coach midseason when they have a winning record and they're 1 game out of 1st? Is the even a precident for that?

Anything can happen. Hasn't been that long ago when a coach with a 14-2 reg season record got fired. That was one of the main reasons we got Eli instead of Rivers or Rosenburger.

JMFP2
12-02-2011, 02:33 PM
The mods should create a "Tom Coughlin" forum.

DEgiants89
12-02-2011, 02:38 PM
2008 wasn't a collapse. They won home field advantage in the NFC so they didn't collapse to end the regular season and they lost in the divisional round not the wildcard round

yeah truth, it was just bad luck...that carolina vs giants game was sucha a good hard fought battle. Loved it.

egyptian420
12-02-2011, 02:40 PM

Toolbag</p>
...for real

I did not believe it but still think it was a really stupid name for the thread.

GMENAGAIN
12-02-2011, 02:40 PM

Toolbag</P>

...for real
Did you guys seriously think Coughlin got fired? What team fires a coach midseason when they have a winning record and they're 1 game out of 1st? Is the even a precident for that?</P>

No - but it's certainly possible that this thread had something to do with a report from a Giants source that TC would be let goat the end of the year.</P>

I would urge you and the OP to do the same thing -- think before you post . . . . . </P>

jhamburg
12-02-2011, 02:43 PM

Toolbag</P>

...for real
Did you guys seriously think Coughlin got fired? What team fires a coach midseason when they have a winning record and they're 1 game out of 1st? Is the even a precident for that?</P>

No - but it's certainly possible that this thread had something to do with a report from a Giants source that TC would be let go*at the end of the year.</P>

I would urge you and the OP to do the same thing -- think before you post . . . . . </P>

Again, there's no way that decision would ever be made at this point, with us still having a chance of making the playoffs.

bigjeep
12-02-2011, 02:46 PM

Toolbag</P>

</P>

</P>

[:O] Thats harsh! </P>

G-Men Surg.
12-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Tom steped in in 2005
first season 11-5

WOW ! i'm relieved !!!!! When I saw the name on the thread my first thought was that he got run over by somebody in practice and was missing the game this suday . LOLOLOLOL!

HilliardFan16
12-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Nice thread title, jackwagon.

Also, we've seen this post 400000 times. Everyone knows what has happened with the last 5 seasons. Did you think anyone didn't know this?

Giantsin04
12-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Tom steped in in 2005
first season 11-5

I stopped reading when you said that "Tom steped in in 2005" - Moron

NYfanatic
12-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Tom steped in in 2005
first season 11-5

Your probaly right but for the wrong reason...
Word in the street down south here is TC is going to be coming back to Jax to coach. He still has his home down here you all know that right?

He was a god down here &amp; they'res a lot of talk about getting him back down to Jax.
that sounds fine, have tom go back to the mess that is Jax. They have a terrible offense but I am sure killdrive would make it that much better!

krygny
12-02-2011, 06:44 PM

Toolbag</p>

<font color="#FF0000">Yeah, I mean it's not like we've ever seen a misleading thread title here before.</font></p>

Half the thread titles on the forum are either misleading of have no discernible subject at all.
</p>

Some current examples ...</p>

"<a class="ForumNameRead" title="" href="thread/2356650.aspx">For what it is worth
</a>"</p>

"<a class="ForumNameUnRead" title="" href="thread/2356631.aspx">Has history repeated itself?
</a>"</p>

"<a class="ForumNameUnRead" title="" href="thread/2356607.aspx">i will be the 1st to admit ..
</a>"</p>

"<a class="ForumNameUnRead" title="" href="thread/2354919.aspx">Ok, time to chime in...
</a>"</p>

</p>

GMENAGAIN
12-02-2011, 06:50 PM

Toolbag</p>

<font color="#FF0000">Yeah, I mean it's not like we've ever seen a misleading thread title here before.*</font></p>

Half the thread titles on the forum are either misleading of have no discernible subject at all.
</p>

Some current examples ...</p>

"<a class="ForumNameRead" title="" href="thread/2356650.aspx">For what it is worth
</a>"</p>

"<a class="ForumNameUnRead" title="" href="thread/2356631.aspx">Has history repeated itself?
</a>"</p>

"<a class="ForumNameUnRead" title="" href="thread/2356607.aspx">i will be the 1st to admit ..
</a>"</p>

"<a class="ForumNameUnRead" title="" href="thread/2354919.aspx">Ok, time to chime in...
</a>"</p>

</p>

Eh, how are any of those thread titles misleading?????

It's not an offense here to have incoherent thread titles . . . . if it were, this would be a lonely place

RoanokeFan
12-02-2011, 06:56 PM

Toolbag</p>

...for real
Did you guys seriously think Coughlin got fired? What team fires a coach midseason when they have a winning record and they're 1 game out of 1st? Is the even a precident for that?</p>

No - but it's certainly possible that this thread had something to do with a report from a Giants source that TC would be let goat the end of the year.</p>

I would urge you and the OP to do the same thing -- think before you post . . . . . </p>

If you've been following the GIANTS for any period of time, you have to know they will never fire a coach during the season and they will never discuss any plans to do that with someone they can't trust.

GMENAGAIN
12-02-2011, 07:08 PM

Toolbag</P>

...for real

No - but it's certainly possible that this thread had something to do with a report from a Giants source that TC would be let goat the end of the year.</P>

If you've been following the GIANTS for any period of time, you have to know they will never fire a coach during the season and they will never discuss any plans to do that with someone they can't trust.

</P>

As we know from today's media, that fact would not in any way prevent a media report from "unnamed sources" stating that TC will be out at the end of the year. (See the thread on John Clayton's claim today that TC will stay).</P>

</P>

mike kennedy
12-02-2011, 09:55 PM
You people with all these I predict this and I predict that post who know nothing about football are the biggest crybabies I have ever heard. You think you know everything. TC knows football and his mix of players on defense are just not the right fit, they have no defensive (vocal) leader and their O line is shot along with RB issues.
End of story so go root for the Jets or shut your pie holes!

SweetZombieJesus
12-02-2011, 11:33 PM

1-4 after Plax shot himself, and lost 23-11 at home to the Eagles in the first round of the playoffs. Bye bye #1 seed!

They lost in the divisional round because they didn't have to play in the wildcard round, being the #1 seed.

SweetZombieJesus
12-02-2011, 11:33 PM
And Tom stepped in in 2004.

5-2 start, 1-8 finish, no playoffs.

ebick
12-03-2011, 12:18 AM

yeah truth, it was just bad luck...that carolina vs giants game was sucha a good hard fought battle. Loved it.

You guys are kidding me right? Not that I advocate dismissing TC, but 2008 was a complete collapse.

They started 11-1. Then came December. They were horrible for 3 1/2 games. They found *something* within themselves to come out in the 2nd half of that Carolina game and play like the team that was 11-1, just enough to get to OT and salvage what was left of that great start to secure the #1 seed. They were crap the next week in the season finale and crap in the play-off game against Philly.

That was a collapse.

GMENAGAIN
12-03-2011, 07:46 AM

</P>

That had nothing to do with the decision to start a rookie QB who played horribly, huh?</P>

britishblue2
12-03-2011, 08:31 AM

</P>

That had nothing to do with the decision to start a rookie QB who played horribly, huh?</P> Bang on the money GMEN, that 1-8 descision was down to Tom making the tough descision to start Eli and get him accustomed to the speed of the game. I was at the Philly game for his 2nd pro start at the end of Nov that year, Man those two long bombs to Jamar Taylor were worth the 6000 mile round trip tho. Ultimatly Tom makes tough descisions. Thers no way the Giants fire him, he might be "persuaded to retire" or "move into the FO somewhere". I cant see them firing him tho

Who knows whats gonna happen...we have 5 games top play...anything can happen in football as we know

FBomb
12-03-2011, 11:48 AM

Toolbag</P>

</P>

Wow!!!! Over react much?? This really isn't that big a deal. So you were mislead by a thread title.....other than a few seconds of your time to read, and a few more to bother responding...what have you lost?</P>

Since the TC debate has become the forefrontarguement on this board, I have noticed that you've become a bit more hyper-sensitive. Maybe you should considertaking a break or Prozac?</P>

GMENAGAIN
12-03-2011, 01:58 PM

Toolbag</P>

</P>

Wow!!!! Over react much?? This really isn't that big a deal. So you were mislead by a thread title.....other than a few seconds of your time to read, and a few more to bother responding...what have you lost?</P>

Since the TC debate has become the forefrontarguement on this board, I have noticed that you've become a bit more hyper-sensitive. Maybe you should considertaking a break or Prozac?</P>

</P>

Wow, when I'm being lectured on civility by FBomb, I know that it's time to cool down. [;)]</P>

Message received</P>

britishblue2
12-03-2011, 02:01 PM

Toolbag</P>

</P>

Wow!!!!* Over react much??* This really isn't that big a deal.* So you were mislead by a thread title.....other than a few seconds of your time to read, and a few more to bother responding...what have you lost?</P>

Since the TC debate has become the forefront*arguement on this board, I have noticed that you've become a bit more hyper-sensitive.* Maybe you should consider*taking a break or Prozac?</P>

</P>

Wow, when I'm being lectured on civility by FBomb, I know that it's time to cool down.* [;)]</P>

Message received</P> lol

FBomb
12-03-2011, 02:04 PM

Toolbag</P>

</P>

</P>

Wow, when I'm being lectured on civility by FBomb, I know that it's time to cool down. [;)]</P>

Message received</P>

</P>

Well, I'm nothing if not civil.[:)]</P>

GMENAGAIN
12-03-2011, 02:21 PM

Toolbag</P>

</P>

</P>

Message received</P>

</P>

</P>

Maybe I shouldn't be washing down the Prozac with alcohol? I'll have to talk to my doctor about that . . . . </P>

</P>

FBomb
12-03-2011, 02:32 PM

Toolbag</P>

</P>

</P>

Message received</P>

</P>

</P>

Maybe I shouldn't be washing down the Prozac with alcohol? I'll have to talk to my doctor about that . . . . </P>

</P>

</P>

Wait......that ISN'T what I'm suppose to be doing???</P>

miked1958
12-04-2011, 12:27 AM
Tom steped in in 2005
first season 11-5

Your probaly right but for the wrong reason..

He was a god down here & they'res a lot of talk about getting him back down to Jax.

Let him go back there and finish out his coaching career