PDA

View Full Version : Chase Blackburn

DEgiants89
12-02-2011, 02:36 PM
How do people feel about him playing or starting? I feel pretty good cuz he will be an upgrade with more experience than the rookies for the defense and on special teams. He is a previous captain and leader so that always helps.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-02-2011, 02:39 PM
I sure hope he's good enough shape to give everything he can for a full 60 minutes.....

jakegibbs
12-02-2011, 02:41 PM
How do people feel about him playing or starting? I feel pretty good cuz he will be an upgrade with more experience than the rookies for the defense and on special teams. He is a previous captain and leader so that always helps.

Where the heck has he been all season? They might have a better record if he's been starting all year long but I imagine he'll be a little rusty don't everyone?

ryan12
12-02-2011, 02:43 PM

Where the heck has he been all season? They might have a better record if he's been starting all year long but I imagine he'll be a little rusty don't everyone?

i agree i have no idea why they waited so long to sign him

Mercury
12-02-2011, 02:46 PM
If he sees the field other than on ST plays, I would be surprised. (I also think we would be in big trouble, if he did. He's a guy with heart and hustle, but not the most athletic of LBs.)

GMENAGAIN
12-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Chase was never a starting caliber LB. The fact that we brought him in shows how desperate we are at the position . . . . .

BornBrooklyn
12-02-2011, 05:38 PM
What happend to Keith Bullock?

JMFP2
12-02-2011, 06:19 PM
I think Aaron Rodgers is going to look across the line, see Chase Blackburn, and think, "Now I know how Jaworski felt with LT."

GMENAGAIN
12-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Eh . . . he sucks at football???

JMFP2
12-02-2011, 06:57 PM

Another Reese masterstroke.

Shocking that an over the hill player with a torn up knee didn't improve the LB unit.

yatitle
12-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Where the heck has he been all season?

Making sure if you want fries with that burger.

appodictic
12-02-2011, 10:37 PM
But he can be a defensive QB and he is also a better cover guy then some of our slower Linebacking assets.

BlueSanta
12-02-2011, 10:41 PM
I think people are forgetting just how bad Chase was when he actually saw playing time on the defense. He had some game on special teams, but a good LB he was not.

Still, its not like we had a ton of choices.

Dirt66
12-02-2011, 10:41 PM
The even BIGGER question is....Did he sign for the Vet minimum?

giants63
12-02-2011, 10:43 PM
I'm happy he's back, I was upset when he was released. He should be an upgrade and maybe gives the team a spark somehow lol. I just he's in decent shape and ready to flatten some guys!

appodictic
12-02-2011, 11:13 PM
I think people are forgetting just how bad Chase was when he actually saw playing time on the defense. He had some game on special teams, but a good LB he was not.

Still, its not like we had a ton of choices.

Everyone used to say how slow pierce was as well. Fact is the last two weeks our d has been pretty bad, and honestly even ccbrown can claim he was MORE effective at stopping the saints with the giants then our defence from that game.

redbeardxxv
12-02-2011, 11:20 PM
He's on Sirius Radio now, he has alluded to the fact that the Giants haven't called him.

appodictic
12-02-2011, 11:23 PM
He's on Sirius Radio now, he has alluded to the fact that the Giants haven't called him. Its because they need more coverage and Bullock is not going to be able to follow the more nimble TEs. Chase while not being strong can probably shadow a decent tight end.

GMENAGAIN
12-03-2011, 08:29 PM
He's on Sirius Radio now, he has alluded to the fact that the Giants haven't called him. Its because they need more coverage and Bullock is not going to be able to follow the more nimble TEs. Chase while not being strong can probably shadow a decent tight end.

Chase can't cover anyone . . . . . he is a below average LB with much less physical talent, but more experience, than the rookies that the giants have been parading out there . . . .

miked1958
12-03-2011, 09:10 PM
I think he will help

SIMMS5611
12-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Chases' biggest asset is he is a guy who, despite his physical limitations at his position, played with heart & intensity.

THAT, IMHO, is the X-factor the GMen have been sorely missing, and I'm hoping he is the catalyst to help refuel the defensive fire.

egyptian420
12-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Chases' biggest asset is he is a guy who, despite his physical limitations at his position, played with heart & intensity.

THAT, IMHO, is the X-factor the GMen have been sorely missing, and I'm hoping he is the catalyst to help refuel the defensive fire.
Exactly, even though he's a below average LB, he's definitely got more talent than the LB's we had out there last Monday, not to mention what you already said.

DEgiants89
12-08-2011, 02:25 PM
I think he will help

And he did :)

nihan87
12-08-2011, 02:46 PM
I sure hope he's good enough shape to give everything he can for a full 60 minutes.....
</P>

</P>

I know this is comparable, but wasn't he working construction before he got the call? He looked jacked as hell the other night. I would love for him to stick around and have a redemption sort of thing happen for Chase. </P>

Maybe a pick 6 this week?!? </P>