PDA

View Full Version : Coughlin not getting fired period

Harooni
12-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Giants do not fire sb winning coach ever, he may "retire" though.

but we may also win 3-4 more games and he stays longer.

so i wouldnt get all excited thinking about a change just yet.

GMENAGAIN
12-02-2011, 02:58 PM
This thread is just dumb.</P>

You can't say that TC is or isn't getting fired until these games play out. If the team goes 0-5 in these next games, he will be fired regardless of the sb win. If the team goes 5-0, he will not be fired.</P>

Stop starting ridiculous threads designed soley to rile up other posters.</P>

Harooni
12-02-2011, 03:01 PM
its not to "rile " anyone up. He just isnt going to be fired, so fans that want that shouldnt keep thier hopes up.

its not Giant style to fire a good sb winning coach.

and no way we lose 5 in a row more ,tops 3

jakegibbs
12-02-2011, 03:08 PM
its not to "rile " anyone up. He just isnt going to be fired, so fans that want that shouldnt keep thier hopes up.

No ones talking about it but he could just quit. Something happened this week down south that could make him move back home as a head coach & believe me the fans down here are already licking their chops.

Back to Jax...Back to Jax...Back to Jax.... Can't you hear them from up there yet?

Harooni
12-02-2011, 03:13 PM

No ones talking about it but he could just quit. Something happened this week down south that could make him move back home as a head coach &amp; believe me the fans down here are already licking their chops.

Back to Jax...Back to Jax...Back to Jax.... Can't you hear them from up there yet?

he may. thats a possibility i think also. that or just retire. or even take a year off.

egyptian420
12-02-2011, 03:21 PM

I agree, the way this season plays out will tell us what will happen

giantsfan420
12-02-2011, 03:34 PM
arent there like 5 threads on this very subject before you made this?

not to be "that guy" but couldn't you have chosen any one of the numerous threads and posted "Tom won't be fired, period."

I made a post in one of them and now I have to go back, copy it and then paste it here now...Harooni your just finding new ways to mess with us aren't ya! jk

I think Tom stays too, and KG and Fewell go if Fewell's d plays like they have the past 2 weeks.

The players weren't hoisting KG or PF after the NE win, they were hoisting Tom. Toms job isnt to call plays, its to get the players prepared each and every week, and so often the players say he is awesome at doing that and making them aware of virtually every situation.

This team may rally behind Tom again this year, I called it last year before the Texans game and Chicago game and people were saying the same things they are saying now. I still have confidence and Tom, Eli, Cruz, Nicks, JPP, Rolle, Phillips and Webster...that may be enough to sneak out a win vs GB. We win vs GB and Tom becomes untouchable just like he was 3 weeks ago.

The NYC Market and fans are ridiculous

edit-remember, it wasnt that long ago you yourself and a lot of others wanted to run Eli out of town...thank God the fans dont make personnel decisions

TroyArcher
12-02-2011, 03:35 PM

</P>

</P>

I agree, They should be planning his exit (in a year or two)and grooming (or identifying) his successor. TC has to get a pass this year with the rash of injuries. He is a good coach and a better man. He deserves to go out in a classy way. I will be shocked if he doesn't. </P>

egyptian420
12-02-2011, 03:37 PM

not to be "that guy" but couldn't you have chosen any one of the numerous threads and posted "Tom won't be fired, period."

I made a post in one of them and now I have to go back, copy it and then paste it here now...Harooni your just finding new ways to mess with us aren't ya! jk

I think Tom stays too, and KG and Fewell go if Fewell's d plays like they have the past 2 weeks.

The players weren't hoisting KG or PF after the NE win, they were hoisting Tom. Toms job isnt to call plays, its to get the players prepared each and every week, and so often the players say he is awesome at doing that and making them aware of virtually every situation.

This team may rally behind Tom again this year, I called it last year before the Texans game and Chicago game and people were saying the same things they are saying now. I still have confidence and Tom, Eli, Cruz, Nicks, JPP, Rolle, Phillips and Webster...that may be enough to sneak out a win vs GB. We win vs GB and Tom becomes untouchable just like he was 3 weeks ago.

edit-remember, it wasnt that long ago you yourself and a lot of others wanted to run Eli out of town...thank God the fans dont make personnel decisions
I want to agree but I simply can't....if Coughlin stays, so will KG....I've come to accept this now as much as I hate it....and to be honest with you, in game where we win and play well, KG looks like a genius

JMFP2
12-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Maybe Coughlin can be hired to eliminate multiple threads on the same topic.

burier
12-02-2011, 03:49 PM

No ones talking about it but he could just quit. Something happened this week down south that could make him move back home as a head coach & believe me the fans down here are already licking their chops.

I mean just because the fans in jacksonville want Coughlin doesn't mean they're getting coughlin. I dont think Cough is gonna end up getting fired and I know he's not just gonna quit to go coach for an organization that's already fired him once.

Not to mention after coaching in NY you need a year off to decompress. Fassel didn't take the year and he never got another headcoaching job in the NFL because he was still too manic and hurt his rep

Harooni
12-02-2011, 03:50 PM
the ones i read said he would be fired. or replace him with so and so. until that last one about layton saying he stays.

M0rbid
12-02-2011, 03:57 PM
No, Perry Fewell will be the next head coach....... :D

giantsfan39
12-02-2011, 03:58 PM

Gilbride, Fewell and Quinn are Tom's coaches. He is responsbile for hiring them. A good coache hires good assitants. How many of Coughlin's assistants have done anything. 1 Spags. i doubt Coughlin hired him and he is doing horrible as a HC and is nothing more than DC material.

giantsfan39
12-02-2011, 04:13 PM

Eli has an anomaly of a season.

if you look at 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 the clearly Eli had an off year in 2010.

With Coughin it is a pattern. With Eli it is an outlier.

Roosevelt
12-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Tom is the oldest coach in the NFL and he's been here a long time. It may be time for change. But let's wait and see.

As for the comment on Eli being run of of town. It's amazing what can happen when you play decent ball isn't it?

Look at Sanchez. He's hearing it because he's inconsistent. Remind you of anyone?

RoanokeFan
12-02-2011, 04:34 PM

Gilbride, Fewell and Quinn are Tom's coaches. He is responsbile for hiring them. A good coache hires good assitants. How many of Coughlin's assistants have done anything. 1 Spags. i doubt Coughlin hired him and he is doing horrible as a HC and is nothing more than DC material.

Did you read what you wrote? Did Spags do anything or not? If TC is responsible for hiring coaches, how did he not hire Spags?

BigBlue1971
12-02-2011, 04:39 PM

</P>

</P>

i think TC carries a certain clout with the Giants front office and i agree he would retire before the scar of "fired" is attached to his name. </P>

maybe he should think about retiring cuz he doesnt seem to have the same passion for every game.</P>

hes a good coach and i like 'em but he doesnt bring the "fire" any more!</P>

Giantsin04
12-02-2011, 04:39 PM

Wait... Spags did something here but Gilbride didn't??

Did you miss the ring on Gilbrides finger?

myles2424
12-02-2011, 04:40 PM
I doubt Coughlin gets fired, but I expect some forced coordinator changes

Roosevelt
12-02-2011, 04:40 PM

Did you read what you wrote? Did Spags do anything or not? If TC is responsible for hiring coaches, how did he not hire Spags?

That certainly is a post worthy of alcohol isn't it.

RoanokeFan
12-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Tom is the oldest coach in the NFL and he's been here a long time. It may be time for change. But let's wait and see.

As for the comment on Eli being run of of town. It's amazing what can happen when you play decent ball isn't it?

Look at Sanchez. He's hearing it because he's inconsistent. Remind you of anyone?

Rosie, the organization will wait until the last second ticks off the clock in the last game. Then they will take a breath, evaluate every player and coach and do whatever it is they think is necessary to make improvements.

I don't have any idea what that will mean but I do know they will weigh all of the factors that brought us to whatever the W-L record ends up being.

Big Blue 418
12-02-2011, 05:17 PM
I doubt Coughlin gets fired, but I expect some forced coordinator changes

Yeah because that has worked so well for the Giants in the past . You can;t keep forcing the hc to fire coordinatoirs . Eventually he needs to be accountable

NYfanatic
12-02-2011, 05:38 PM
If he stays we will be another laughing stock next year at the end again. NO Reason with this talent we are not going to make the playoffs 3 years in a row. For the yankees the whole team and staff would of been fired. The maras need to possibly sell the team if they think tom is still the answer. We need an owner who is not afraid to make change especially when the time has come.

BParcells777
12-02-2011, 05:59 PM

Only 3 games ago we were considered one of the premier teams in the NFL.......now we are dropping like a rock along with Detroit and Buffalo

I don't think mangement will put up with another last half total capitulation.......he might survive if he finishes 8-8, or 9-7.......if he loses out hes done

any worse and he is Gonzo IMHO

One thing that has not been called into question is the strength and conditioning coach......under Parcellls we hired an amazing guy- do not remember his name but we did not go down in a heap of injuries back then

They should hire Joe Carini (Tiki's personal trainer) and this team would be unstoppable.

GMENAGAIN
12-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Tom is the oldest coach in the NFL and he's been here a long time.* It may be time for change.* But let's wait and see.

As for the comment on Eli being run of of town.* It's amazing what can happen when you play decent ball isn't it?*

Look at Sanchez.* He's hearing it because he's inconsistent.* Remind you of anyone?

Rosie, the organization will wait until the last second ticks off the clock in the last game. Then they will take a breath, evaluate every player and coach and do whatever it is they think is necessary to make improvements.

I don't have any idea what that will mean but I do know they will weigh all of the factors that brought us to whatever the W-L record ends up being.

That's exactly what smart, rational businessmen do . . . . no one that fits that description acts in a way that the mouthbreathers on this board are clamoring for.

Blue_Cusen
12-02-2011, 06:57 PM

Only 3 games ago we were considered one of the premier teams in the NFL.......now we are dropping like a rock along with Detroit and Buffalo

I don't think mangement will put up with another last half total capitulation.......he might survive if he finishes 8-8, or 9-7.......if he loses out hes done

any worse and he is Gonzo IMHO

One thing that has not been called into question is the strength and conditioning coach......under Parcellls we hired an amazing guy- do not remember his name but we did not go down in a heap of injuries back then

They should hire Joe Carini (Tiki's personal trainer) and this team would be unstoppable.

I think Parcells' guy was Johnny Parker.

Coughlin talked about eliminating the inordinate amount of injuries when he became HC. Seems like it's gotten worse. I remember also that the entire weight room was redone to emphasize free weights as opposed to machines. The idea being free weights worked muscle groups more naturally and thoroughly whereas machines isolate various muscles.
Apparently this theory does not hold water but personally I feel I benefit more from free weights.

yatitle
12-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Tom is the oldest coach in the NFL and he's been here a long time.* It may be time for change.* But let's wait and see.

As for the comment on Eli being run of of town.* It's amazing what can happen when you play decent ball isn't it?*

Look at Sanchez.* He's hearing it because he's inconsistent.* Remind you of anyone?

Reminds me of Phil Simms. You?

Roosevelt
12-02-2011, 08:46 PM

No doubt Ro.

Reese didn't exactly light the world on fire in the off-season and we've been decimated with injuries on the defensive side. So it's obvious it's not all on Tom.

But it's just not about next year. How long is Tom prepared to coach? It doesn't really make sense to re-sign him for just another year does it?

Roosevelt
12-02-2011, 08:47 PM

Reminds me of Phil Simms. You?

Jerry Goldstein.

NYfanatic
12-02-2011, 08:52 PM

Look at Sanchez. He's hearing it because he's inconsistent.<font color="#0000FF"> Remind you of anyone?</font>

Matt Leinart.

RobCarpenter
12-02-2011, 08:56 PM
This thread is just dumb.</P>

You can't say that TC is or isn't getting fired until these games play out. If the team goes 0-5 in these next games, he will be fired regardless of the sb win. If the team goes 5-0, he will not be fired.</P>

Stop starting ridiculous threads designed soley to rile up other posters.</P>

</P>

+1</P>

Guys a tool.</P>

speedman
12-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Coughlin should be gone regardless of the finish. He has looked lost on the field the last few years. Harooni is a clown. In another thread he said Reid would bring in another QB if he were hired here. Yeah replace Eli with who?

bansaw
12-02-2011, 10:29 PM
wait till this board erupts when whoever coaches keeps Gilbride

BK07071
12-02-2011, 10:37 PM

If what you say is true that they"do not fire super bowl winning coaches", Then they sure as hell will tell him or rather "suggest" to him that he should let a couple of coaches go before they do.

yatitle
12-02-2011, 10:49 PM
*Giants do not fire sb winning coach ever

Ridiculous statement. They only had 1 other SB coach who tried to snake his way out of his contract the first time and then screwed the organization by resigning in May the next time. Those old enough to remember should not forget the shabby treatment of that coach and appreciate TC treats the team and organization.

SweetZombieJesus
12-02-2011, 10:51 PM
We've only had one other coach who won a SB and he "retired". Tried to do it twice, in fact.

28-40.

yatitle
12-02-2011, 11:00 PM
We've only had one other coach who won a SB and he "retired".* Tried to do it twice, in fact.

28-40.

If "retired" means had talks with Atlanta about becoming their coach in 1987 then you are correct.

egyptian420
12-02-2011, 11:24 PM
wait till this board erupts when whoever coaches keeps Gilbride

This simply will NOT happen, KG is first to go before Coughlin does if anything.

bansaw
12-03-2011, 12:50 AM
lol okay

Harooni
12-03-2011, 04:17 AM
This thread is just dumb.</p>

You can't say that TC is or isn't getting fired until these games play out. If the team goes 0-5 in these next games, he will be fired regardless of the sb win. If the team goes 5-0, he will not be fired.</p>

Stop starting ridiculous threads designed soley to rile up other posters.</p>

</p>

+1</p>

Guys a tool.</p>
you need a life.

Die-Hard
12-03-2011, 05:54 AM
Stay on topic. If you insist on attacking each other, do so via PM

You've been warned repeatedly, Rob.

Delawaregiant
12-03-2011, 06:33 AM
This team will get creamed Sunday, 12/6/2011, and will wind up with a 7win 9 loss record with Coughlin and his coaching staff quitting.

TuckYou
12-03-2011, 03:26 PM
TC would of been fired in 2006 if Tiki didn't go beast mode in week 17 vs the skins. Saved Coughlins job. Then the sb run gave him a few more years. His time has run out. This would be the 3rd straight year with a collapse. Look at his second half record, look at his record vs teams better then .500. Both are a joke. I was ok when he was getting the team to the playoffs 4 straight years, but this is the 3rd straight without, and every year he list the team.

He is out if we miss the playoffs. I guarentee it.

Harooni
12-03-2011, 07:21 PM
TC would of been fired in 2006 if Tiki didn't go beast mode in week 17 vs the skins. Saved Coughlins job. Then the sb run gave him a few more years. His time has run out. This would be the 3rd straight year with a collapse. Look at his second half record, look at his record vs teams better then .500. Both are a joke. I was ok when he was getting the team to the playoffs 4 straight years, but this is the 3rd straight without, and every year he list the team.

i dont know , Giants seem loyal to coaches and TC is a good coach.

if we win a few more games (and i think we will) he stays

best you could hope for he is convinced to "retire"

RoanokeFan
12-03-2011, 07:24 PM

<font color="#0000FF">best you could hope for he is convinced to "retire"</font>

Assuming they intend on ending the relationship

Harooni
12-03-2011, 07:38 PM

<font color="#0000ff">best you could hope for he is convinced to "retire"</font>

Assuming they intend on ending the relationship

correct , and im not sure they want to .

miked1958
12-04-2011, 12:22 AM
Yes, unless we lose out, I really don't see us making a change