PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Concerns

jhamburg
01-23-2012, 01:36 AM
What matchups are you worried about for the Super Bowl?

For me, watching the Ravens Pats game today one thing I noticed was that Wilfork absolutely destroyed Matt Birk. He just bull rushed him straight into the QBs lap and blew up a bunch of runs as well. I'm not gonna lie I'm not a Baas fan and I really think he's going to need more help than Birk got today.

MikeIsaGiant
01-23-2012, 01:37 AM
concerned about how well the patriots pass rush has been doing just like you said.

I hope Eli has time to torch the patriot's secondary

calzonesays
01-23-2012, 01:38 AM
Wilfork and Gronk.

egyptian420
01-23-2012, 01:39 AM
As well as the NE defense has been lately and I take nothing away from them....but I honestly think we just got past the toughest defense imaginable in football.

Even if we lose in the SB, there is no way Eli gets tossed around and beat up like he did tonight.

dave56dj
01-23-2012, 01:41 AM
Certainly have to help out on Big vince. Obviously Gronkowski is a beast and a hern out of the backfield is scary too. Obviously Welker draws attention on the inside as well. No one is more scary then Brady - hopefully the turf helps osi tuck and jpp get off fast on the line.

They have improved in the middle with Mayo Spikes Wilfork and love/ warren. And ninkovich/ anderson have come on as well. But still they are not the niners up front at all.

They are still thin in the secondary and molden was forced into action today. But probably get healthy here in two weeks - but they can still be picked on.

BornLegend
01-23-2012, 01:42 AM
Not worried about the Pats. Sorry to sound ****y but we're that team's kryptonite.

mike kennedy
01-23-2012, 01:43 AM
Can't you guys enjoy this game for a week? For Christ sake they just won one of their greatest championship games in their history and already your negative about the next big game! I do not know how some of you guys go week to week watching the GIANTS play!

TrueBlue@NYC
01-23-2012, 01:45 AM
With the way the OL got outmuscled today, I'm worried about Wilfork putting pressure up the middle on Eli, and am a little worried with how well Nikovich has been able to get to the QB.

Mac will need to step his game up b/c he got absolutely owned today by Aldon Smith.

MikeIsaGiant
01-23-2012, 01:45 AM
Can't you guys enjoy this game for a week? For Christ sake they just won one of their greatest championship games in their history and already your negative about the next big game! I do not know how some of you guys go week to week watching the GIANTS play!

Not negative... we're talking football, I like this thread.

jhamburg
01-23-2012, 01:54 AM
With the way the OL got outmuscled today, I'm worried about Wilfork putting pressure up the middle on Eli, and am a little worried with how well Nikovich has been able to get to the QB.

Mac will need to step his game up b/c he got absolutely owned today by Aldon Smith.

Hard to say how much of it was our OL playing bad vs. their front 7 playing outstanding...but yeah it was troubling. Eli can handle the pass rush pretty well but not when the entire pocket collapses in 2 seconds. Luckily I can't see the Pats getting that kind of pressure. But like I said, Wilfork is a big concern because if one of their pass rushers gets around the corner here and there Eli can handle it but if Wilfork collapses the pocket he has no where to go.

Overdrive92
01-23-2012, 01:56 AM
Gronkowski.
Gronkowski.
Gronkowski.
Hernandez.
Gronkowski.

TrueBlue@NYC
01-23-2012, 01:56 AM

Hard to say how much of it was our OL playing bad vs. their front 7 playing outstanding...but yeah it was troubling. Eli can handle the pass rush pretty well but not when the entire pocket collapses in 2 seconds. Luckily I can't see the Pats getting that kind of pressure. But like I said, Wilfork is a big concern because if one of their pass rushers gets around the corner here and there Eli can handle it but if Wilfork collapses the pocket he has no where to go.

I agree, I doubt the Pats have the manpower up front to duplicate the same effort that the 49ers DL did, but some of it were mental lapses that concerned me.

How, the heck does Willis come in unblocked when were in max protection? That's inexcusable.

myles2424
01-23-2012, 01:58 AM
Welker......gronkowski doesn't run in the 4.3s like Davis.....

GMen869007
01-23-2012, 02:31 AM
That's exactly why I'm happy there's a 2 week layoff, same thing 4 years ago because I have a week to soak this victory in before starting to get tense and nervous during the week leading up to the Super Bowl.

BlueSanta
01-23-2012, 02:48 AM
Welker......gronkowski doesn't run in the 4.3s like Davis.....

Gronkowski also left the stadium wearing a boot. It will be interesting to see how serious his ankle injury is.

mrphilbluntz
01-23-2012, 03:01 AM
Green-Ellis(included with all the above)....the giants gave up a ton of rushing yards tonight

jhamburg
01-23-2012, 03:25 AM
Green-Ellis(included with all the above)....the giants gave up a ton of rushing yards tonight

Eh, we only gave up 119 to RBs (Alex Smith had 31 but I don't see Brady scrambling very much). Not bad for playing against a running team.

Then again we were selling out against the run, and we will most certainly not be doing that against NE.

mrphilbluntz
01-23-2012, 03:29 AM

Eh, we only gave up 119 to RBs (Alex Smith had 31 but I don't see Brady scrambling very much). Not bad for playing against a running team.

Then again we were selling out against the run, and we will most certainly not be doing that against NE.

True, but the fact that GE looked good against the Ravens is a little scary

TheEnigma
01-23-2012, 03:31 AM
Brady and Belichick. Both are very great at what they do and combine that with the fact you know these two will have chips on their shoulders...We can't afford any coverage mistakes like we did against Vernon Davis. It could get ugly real quick if we let Brady get in his zone.

This is also the first game in a long time that the OTHER team is seeking revenge and not us.