PDA

View Full Version : Patriots fan here

tests
01-23-2012, 02:52 AM
Hello everyone. First off, let me begin by congratulating you guys. The 49ers were a great team who played their hearts out... but you guys were able to weather the storm and win that ball game. Massive respect for the g-men.

I am very very concerned about this Superbowl match-up against the giants. To be quite frank, this is the one team that I DID NOT want to see in the Superbowl. You guys are to us what kryptonite is to superman. Eli manning always has his way with us (and he will once again, our defense stinks).

Your guys defense is playing otherworldly (top 3 status), and your d-line will DEFINITELY rattle brady. Definitely.

As much as it pains me to say this, you guys are 70-30 favorites IMO. The only way we could possibly win is if your O-Line keeps brady clean and he has time to throw... Than it will most definitely be a ball-game. If not... it could get very ugly and very quickly.

As much as i am excited for making the Superbowl, it kind of feels like a debbie downer since we have to face the g-men.

MikeIsaGiant
01-23-2012, 02:58 AM
Nice post, this is the SB, anyone's game man.

I hope we win but it's going to be a tough game.

Gronk is amazing, and our defense needs to get to Brady.

Also, your pass rush has looked pretty good, hope our o-line can step up because they didn;t look so good today.

GO GMEN

nygiants0017
01-23-2012, 02:59 AM
Hello everyone. First off, let me begin by congratulating you guys. The 49ers were a great team who played their hearts out... but you guys were able to weather the storm and win that ball game. Massive respect for the g-men.

I am very very concerned about this Superbowl match-up against the giants. To be quite frank, this is the one team that I DID NOT want to see in the Superbowl. You guys are to us what kryptonite is to superman. Eli manning always has his way with us (and he will once again, our defense stinks).

Your guys defense is playing otherworldly (top 3 status), and your d-line will DEFINITELY rattle brady. Definitely.

As much as it pains me to say this, you guys are 70-30 favorites IMO. The only way we could possibly win is if your O-Line keeps brady clean and he has time to throw... Than it will most definitely be a ball-game. If not... it could get very ugly and very quickly.

As much as i am excited for making the Superbowl, it kind of feels like a debbie downer since we have to face the g-men.
Nice post but 70-30 thats a little dramatic IMO

slipknottin
01-23-2012, 03:00 AM
every patriot fan i talked to was rooting for the giants, they all wanted their rematch.

But now that the giants won, i think they are all reconsidering that decision a bit, lol.

That last SB they played was a hell of a game, all pats giants games have been great games to watch, im looking forward to it.

P_Simms_#11
01-23-2012, 03:00 AM
Nice to see a respectable fan come in here after all the SF trolls we had the last few days.

JMFP2
01-23-2012, 03:02 AM
Hello everyone. First off, let me begin by congratulating you guys. The 49ers were a great team who played their hearts out... but you guys were able to weather the storm and win that ball game. Massive respect for the g-men. I am very very concerned about this Superbowl match-up against the giants. To be quite frank, this is the one team that I DID NOT want to see in the Superbowl. You guys are to us what kryptonite is to superman. Eli manning always has his way with us (and he will once again, our defense stinks). Your guys defense is playing otherworldly (top 3 status), and your d-line will DEFINITELY rattle brady. Definitely. As much as it pains me to say this, you guys are 70-30 favorites IMO. The only way we could possibly win is if your O-Line keeps brady clean and he has time to throw... Than it will most definitely be a ball-game. If not... it could get very ugly and very quickly. As much as i am excited for making the Superbowl, it kind of feels like a debbie downer since we have to face the g-men.</P>

Congrats on beating the Ravens.</P>

Tom Brady and Bill Belichick will be a very tough out....and I've got to think the Patriots are going to be dying to get revenge. The Patriots defense appears to be coming around, which isn't surprising considering their head coach.</P>

I expected a very tough 49er game....I expect the same with the Patriots.</P>

Should bea great game.</P>

giantsforce
01-23-2012, 03:02 AM

As much as i am excited for making the Superbowl, it kind of feels like a debbie downer since we have to face the g-men.That's nice to hear. However, keep in mind that they already have us 3 points underdogs for some reason. Not that we mind, mind you!

tests
01-23-2012, 03:12 AM
its funny how they ALWAYS have you guys as under-dogs. No way, if anything the patriots should be underdogs in this game. I believe the giants feed off of being underdogs.

I will say this though, the patriots in no shape or form think they are favorites over the giants.

I am going to need a ton of alcohol to get through this years SB...

dave56dj
01-23-2012, 03:16 AM
I know an anti jinx when i see it.

Mohann
01-23-2012, 03:17 AM

We gave up 6 sacks and 19 hits on Eli. We're flawed. But I've always believed Eli was the Anti-Brady sort of. He's destined to be Tom's nemesis. The revenge of the little brother. The smiting of NE's sins of pride and spygate. What could be most infuriating? Losing to someone that no one respects (Eli), who's leading a team no one respects (9-7, allowing 4 more points than they scored) a second time is more painful than childbirth while passing kidney stones. It's your worst nightmare, and we really have nothing to lose. If we win heads will melt in Pats land.

Mohann
01-23-2012, 03:22 AM
Gratz on getting here BTW. but sometime in life the worst possible thing has to happen(to Pats this time, thank god) and the footballs gods have been giving us reflections of 2007 all year. We even had a miracle helmet catch in the playoffs. The hail mary at the end of the half vs GB looked like Tyree almost. There is some powerful mojo working against you guys.

tests
01-23-2012, 03:24 AM
Yea, that nicks hailmary catch was unbelievable.

Mohann
01-23-2012, 03:31 AM
Yea, that nicks hailmary catch was unbelievable.

Tell me it didn't have a team of destiny feel, as did this game. The fumble at the end was reflective of LT's play to beat the niner's in SF in 90. And the comparisons to 2007 keep holding up and getting stronger. And here we are again. Against mighty NE. and only the Giants can stop the empire.

tests
01-23-2012, 03:57 AM
Mohann, difference being... the patriots are not even close to mighty this year. Hell, we haven't been mighty in years. We barely beat the ravens (mind you they missed a very catchable touchdown).

2007 was different in the sense that we demolished almost every team in the regular season and we were undefeated.

I actually like the 2011 patriots better because we have faced adversity on all stages, and have overcome it. However, i just don't see us overcoming the giants. You guys have ALL the ingredients to beat us: dominant d-line, elite receivers, elite quarterback (yea i said it), and elite coach.

I am calling it right now, 30-20 giants.

ebick
01-23-2012, 04:03 AM
I have said all along, my biggest concern with NE is "going to the well once too often".....Belicheck won't sleep until he finds a way to beat us.....</P>

btw, what's the over/under on how long before the game is over he leaves the field?</P>

Mohann
01-23-2012, 04:14 AM
Mohann, difference being... the patriots are not even close to mighty this year. Hell, we haven't been mighty in years. We barely beat the ravens (mind you they missed a very catchable touchdown).

2007 was different in the sense that we demolished almost every team in the regular season and we were undefeated.

I actually like the 2011 patriots better because we have faced adversity on all stages, and have overcome it. However, i just don't see us overcoming the giants. You guys have ALL the ingredients to beat us: dominant d-line, elite receivers, elite quarterback (yea i said it), and elite coach.

I am calling it right now, 30-20 giants.

You called Eli Elite!!! I LOVE YOU MAN!!! But the Pats aren't Patsies. Beating Brady and BB in the playoffs is harder than beating them in the regular season. You would beat anyone else most likely, but we're built to beat you. Having said that, getting the Patriots in the SB undefeated a second time is a lot to ask, even of the football gods, as is beating them there a second time. What a grudge match.

Jon6777
01-23-2012, 04:15 AM
The weeks before the Falcons and Packers games I felt really confident we would win. I bet money on the Gmen on both games. I didn't the 49er game. I knew it would be super close and come down to a few plays. I feel we stomp the Pats though. We beat them without Nicks earlier this year.