PDA

View Full Version : Can we get rid of Baas now?

DragonSoul
01-23-2012, 02:00 AM
First he was stinking during the run. Now on the pass.

I want him gone. He has cost us, and could have cost us. Disgusting.

MikeIsaGiant
01-23-2012, 02:04 AM
Yeah I was happy when Boothe came in.. eople called me crazy, but I guess they don;t watch football often

Spytheweb
01-23-2012, 02:04 AM
You maybe right, it seems to be too rough in there for him.

jhamburg
01-23-2012, 02:05 AM

He stinks. The Booth-Petrus line has been so much better. We're def. not changing our OL up now but I wish we never went back to Baas in the first place.

slipknottin
01-23-2012, 02:08 AM
yea, cut him right before the SB

jhamburg
01-23-2012, 02:10 AM

Did anybody notice that he kept having low snaps when Eli was in shotgun too? Not that Boothe's snaps have been perfect their year either

TrueBlue@NYC
01-23-2012, 02:13 AM
I doubt anyone gets cut right before the SB. That'd be a horrible idea.

Doubt he gets cut in the offseason either, being only 1 year into his contract.

GreenZone
01-23-2012, 02:21 AM

I'm wondering if you've learned anything from this run? "All in" has some greater meaning than creating a "get rid of" post now.

It would be a good bet that Baas has been racked and ruined by injuries. Many, many free agents (Chris Canty, Michael Boley anyone?) look like a bust in the first season, but come around in the second year.

Would you like to give us a rundown of all the other players playing well now that you wanted "gone" this season, your highness?

Harooni
01-23-2012, 02:22 AM
plus its annoying how announcers keep calling him "boss"

ToomerFORtheBomb
01-23-2012, 02:27 AM

I don't think it would be that crazy to bench him for Boothe right before the SB since the Giants have already had success with that configuration. It's not like they would be benching him for a question mark.

slipknottin
01-23-2012, 02:30 AM

I don't think it would be that crazy to bench him for Boothe right before the SB since the Giants have already had success with that configuration. It's not like they would be benching him for a question mark.

do you not remember when boothe snapped the ball earlier this season and hit himself in the butt??

ALL IN means you let your starters start. Dont screw with things like that now.

Kase-1
01-23-2012, 02:30 AM
Baas had a crappy game, but Kareem Mackenzie is by FAR our weakest link. He was getting abused constantly this week

DragonSoul
01-23-2012, 02:31 AM
yea, cut him right before the SBWho said cut him? Hyperbole to make it seem like there is no truth to what is said and we are idiots to suggest he stinks?

How about get rid of baas by putting him on the bench and not be a starter? Thats a realistic idea/thought.

Still no idea who said to cut him. Let me know.

DragonSoul
01-23-2012, 02:32 AM

Did anybody notice that he kept having low snaps when Eli was in shotgun too? Not that Boothe's snaps have been perfect their year eitherI actually thought it was boothe. Since that was the knock on him. Till I saw Baas's numbers again, and couldn't believe it, that it was Baas after all.

slipknottin
01-23-2012, 02:33 AM

if you were suggesting that they bench him, why not title the thread "can we bench Baas now" Because "get rid of" doesnt mean, "keep, but bench"

ToomerFORtheBomb
01-23-2012, 02:33 AM

do you not remember when boothe snapped the ball earlier this season and hit himself in the butt??

ALL IN means you let your starters start. Dont screw with things like that now.

Yeah I remember that. All in all though, I feel the pass protection is better with Boothe in the game.

DragonSoul
01-23-2012, 02:34 AM
I doubt anyone gets cut right before the SB. That'd be a horrible idea.

Doubt he gets cut in the offseason either, being only 1 year into his contract.Rid of, could also mean benched. I am not dumb enough to want him cut (great for depth).

Rid of, meaning riding the pine, get rid of him as a starter.

slipknottin
01-23-2012, 02:36 AM
Yeah I remember that. All in all though, I feel the pass protection is better with Boothe in the game.

Boothe played the entire game, and looked like a turnstyle like everyone else on that OL.

DragonSoul
01-23-2012, 02:38 AM

ALL IN means you let your starters start. Dont screw with things like that now.so he had 1 bad snap that didn't count against us, because of a ware off sides. Yet all of Baas ineptness is ok?

And the coaching staff is to loyal to remove him to a fault. And unfortunately we know he won't be benched. But it would be nice!

ToomerFORtheBomb
01-23-2012, 02:39 AM

Boothe played the entire game, and looked like a turnstyle like everyone else on that OL.

Everyone on the Oline played badly. There is something there though when Boothe is at center. The line just seems to gel a little bit better. Boothe was there in 07 don't forget. I'm more loyal to him than I am Baas.

Honestly though I really do feel like the line functions better with Boothe snapping the ball.

slipknottin
01-23-2012, 02:39 AM
so he had 1 bad snap that didn't count against us, because of a ware off sides. Yet all of Baas ineptness is ok?

Well the comparison of Baas vs. Boothe is pointless.

Its Baas vs. Petrus. Boothe played the entire game.

DragonSoul
01-23-2012, 02:40 AM

if you were suggesting that they bench him, why not title the thread "can we bench Baas now" Because "get rid of" doesnt mean, "keep, but bench"I could have worded it better, fair enough. But why not consider it was benched? If I wanted his cut I would have said cut. But I meant rid as in get rid of him off the line.