PDA

View Full Version : I find it amazing that some or most want TC to stay

sheepdip
12-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Way to keep hoping for the same ole same ole.

Guys Spags is gone, Stray is gone, stop living in the past and for that 1 year. Look at every other year.

He is ultimately responsible for our play on the field, if players are quitting than he needs to deal with that, team being up for games, his responsibility.

Yeah lets re sign him for another 5 years along with all our coaching staff makes a lot of sense.

thomsoad
12-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Be amazed... if up to me he stays.

egyptian420
12-02-2011, 04:14 PM
I was furious after the Saints game and wanted him gone. But I was obviously mad and that isn't the best time to make a judgement.

I'm going to reserve my judgement for the end of this season. Its pretty simple for me, if we don't make the playoffs = he's gone.

Gianthunter
12-02-2011, 04:15 PM
I'm amazed your amazed.[:^)]

jhamburg
You think most want him to stay? Take a look at the It's not Coughlin's Fault thread.

thomsoad
I was furious after the Saints game and wanted him gone. But I was obviously mad and that isn't the best time to make a judgement.

I'm going to reserve my judgement for the end of this season. Its pretty simple for me, if we don't make the playoffs = he's gone.

Might as well hold that thought then ... we aint going to the playoffs. I just dont see us beating Dallas twice.

manning to shockey
12-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Some people here remember the years before TC. Maybe thats why most still want TC to stay.

burier
12-02-2011, 04:20 PM

Guys Spags is gone, Stray is gone, stop living in the past and for that 1 year. Look at every other year.

He is ultimately responsible for our play on the field, if players are quitting than he needs to deal with that, team being up for games, his responsibility.

Yeah lets re sign him for another 5 years along with all our coaching staff makes a lot of sense.

couple things. FIrst being that the team isn't automatically going to get better just because we hire a new coach. We could very well get worse...The possibility of jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire is always very real.

Second of all I'm all for moving on from 2007 and I dont think anyone should get an infinate free pass because they won a sb however many years ago BUT..

Eli is in his prime and still has a bunch of years on his contract. Blowing up his team doesn't seem like the most savory option.

Eli's already taken alot of BS off of the Giants..

They couldn't make Shockey happy so he walks. As soon as he gets comfortable with Boss...He walks

Number 1 reciever goes to jail

As soon as he gets comfortable with Steve Smith...he walks.

honestly I wouldn't be shocked if Eli damanded a trade if the Giants fired couglin.

Eli would have to learn a new system anyway...why not do it infront of fans who actually appreciate him?

And if Eli goes...we're Deep 6ed for god knows how long as Championship caliber QBs don't grow on trees.

I think those are valid concerns about firing coughlin

thomsoad
12-02-2011, 04:23 PM

couple things. FIrst being that the team isn't automatically going to get better just because we hire a new coach. We could very well get worse...The possibility of jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire is always very real.

Second of all I'm all for moving on from 2007 and I dont think anyone should get an infinate free pass because they won a sb however many years ago BUT..

Eli is in his prime and still has a bunch of years on his contract. Blowing up his team doesn't seem like the most savory option.

Eli's already taken alot of BS off of the Giants..

They couldn't make Shockey happy so he walks. As soon as he gets comfortable with Boss...He walks

Number 1 reciever goes to jail

As soon as he gets comfortable with Steve Smith...he walks.

honestly I wouldn't be shocked if Eli damanded a trade if the Giants fired couglin.

Eli would have to learn a new system anyway...why not do it infront of fans who actually appreciate him?

And if Eli goes...we're Deep 6ed for god knows how long as Championship caliber QBs don't grow on trees.

I think those are valid concerns about firing coughlin

Hey you really need to knock it off!! ... your points are WAYYY too logical.

giantsfan420
12-02-2011, 04:27 PM
i would personally like Tom to remain HC, but get a new offensive scheme and play caller, and get Spags back on the D side.

To me, that would be best.

Cower is virtually Coughlin type of coach only younger. I dont see how we'd be guaranteed to do as well as we have even if its for the first half of the year if we take an unknown Coordinator and make him HC.

Tom isn't the problem here imo, its the OC and lately the DC. IF Fewell cant get the d's act together, he should go with KG. I've been vocal about how KG is holding this offense back, it isn't Tom. Toms job is to put the players in the best prepared state to win, and all the players say he is excellent at that.

From there, its the play calling and scheme, which ultimately falls on Tom, but I'd still like the FO and Eli to get more hands on the next scheme and OC we hire. Fewell still might be able to save his job if the D turns it around and plays dominant and we get to the playoffs.

If not, and the D shows the same effort and heart from the last 3 weeks, then Fewell goes with KG.

Again, Tom IS NOT the problem. EVERY year the players rally behind Tom. I remember last year before the Texans game and Chicago game I said the players would rally around Tom and almost everyone told me I was crazy and they'd rally behind him to kick him the **** out...we only went onto win 4 games in a row each time.

You see after NE game? Were the players hoisting KG or Fewell up? NOPE, it was Tom and that shows a lot of how the players feel about him.

JMFP2
12-02-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm amazed there are forty threads addressing the same topic.

Gianthunter
12-02-2011, 04:48 PM
More of dipsheeps coachaphobia.

sheepdip
12-02-2011, 10:23 PM
the naive and clueless have spoken. Alright another year of the same ole, beat on cupcake teams at start of season than when thing get tough we looe.

GMENAGAIN
12-02-2011, 10:30 PM
the naive and clueless have spoken. Alright another year of the same ole, beat on cupcake teams at start of season than when thing get tough we looe.

You predicted that the Giants would be 4-12 this season, so the team has already overachieved under TC according to your prediction. You should be calling for TC to sign a 10 year extension.

Most of the rational human beings on this board (our numbers are few and far between) are willing to wait and see how these final 5 games play out to take a position on whether TC should go or not. I'm guessing that if he goes 5-0 the view of this board will change as quickly as it changed from "TC is coach of the year" (after the Pats win) to "Fire TC Now"

speedman
12-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Keep doing what you've been doing and expect different results.

Big Blue 418
12-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Its simple some folks are going to give Coughlin a pass no matter what because they are ok with one championship every twenty five years because it is still better than the Jets ..... I would like to see a dynasty like the Pats or Steelers in the 70's but some will be content that at least we are not the Jaguars .... Me I want more titles or at least contend for them

njersey
12-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Keep doing what you've been doing and expect different results.

Umm.... You DO know the difference between Alcoholics Anonymous and football, right?

mike kennedy
12-02-2011, 11:13 PM
These are the same losers who start their weekly post with "I PREDICT"! They are dumber then dumb and know nothing about the GIANTS but the color of their jerseys! I am sick of their whining and wish they would go watch Bassmasters instead of wasting time filling up these post with useless garbage.

SweetZombieJesus
12-03-2011, 12:31 AM
He should have been gone after blowing the #1 seed in 2008, going 1-4 and losing at home to the Eagles 23-11.

He should have been gone after the 2010 Eagles meltdown.

GMENAGAIN
12-03-2011, 08:51 AM
He should have been gone after blowing the #1 seed in 2008, going 1-4 and losing at home to the Eagles 23-11.

</P>

You are seriously suggesting that TC should have been fired after the 2008 season???? One season after the SB victory, after having gotten the top seed in the NFC?? </P>

Wow.</P>

You no longer have any credibility whatsoever on this subject. </P>

Giantsin04
12-03-2011, 09:41 AM

In the Superbowl era, the Giants have had what...9 coaches? TWO have been successful. TWO!!!! One of them is still employed here.

Now you might be right, he might have to go. But to make it sound like such no-brainer is really short sighted.

Remember this. - Based on the last 40 years, The Giants front office has a MUCH greater chance of picking a loser than picking a winner. At about a 20% success rate, I'm not exactly thrilled to throw this decision on their desk.

daynemustgo
12-03-2011, 09:49 AM
If they miss the playoffs for the third straight year, it's time for Coughlin to go.

Never won a home playoff game with Coughlin...never won ANY playoff games outside of 2007.

2007 was a magical season. A slightly above average regular season that turned into the best playoff run I can ever remember. An 11-1 start the following year and then idiot Plaxico kills the season and ruins a legit shot at another title. Mediocrity ever since and this misguided approach on defense that we dont need real NFL LBs as long as we endlessly acquire DLinemen.

mstray92
12-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Its simple some folks are going to give Coughlin a pass no matter what because they are ok with one championship every twenty five years because it is still better than the Jets ..... I would like to see a dynasty like the Pats or Steelers in the 70's but some will be content that at least we are not the Jaguars .... Me I want more titles or at least contend for them

This right here! I can't understand how Giants fans just seem to love mediocrity! I like You for once in My life would love to see a dynasty out of this team! I envy Cowboys, Steelers and Pats fans for knowing exactly what that feels like instead of every 17 to 25 years! SMFH!

mstray92
12-03-2011, 08:25 PM

WHAT HE SAID^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

RoanokeFan
12-03-2011, 08:29 PM

Your problem is that you can't, for a moment, accept that anyone could have a different opinion from yours. There is always more than one opinion, with passion and applied logic on all sides. Nothing amazing about it.

BurnerNYG
12-03-2011, 08:50 PM

In the Superbowl era, the Giants have had what...9 coaches? TWO have been successful. TWO!!!! One of them is still employed here.

Now you might be right, he might have to go. But to make it sound like such no-brainer is really short sighted.

Remember this. - Based on the last 40 years, The Giants front office has a MUCH greater chance of picking a loser than picking a winner. At about a 20% success rate, I'm not exactly thrilled to throw this decision on their desk.Fassel was a decent coach. He didn't win the Superbowl but he took us there. NOBODY was gonna beat that Ravens team.

GMENAGAIN
12-03-2011, 09:01 PM

Remember this. - Based on the last 40 years, The Giants front office has a MUCH greater chance of picking a loser than picking a winner. At about a 20% success rate, I'm not exactly thrilled to throw this decision on their desk.Fassel was a decent coach. He didn't win the Superbowl but he took us there. NOBODY was gonna beat that Ravens team.

Yeah . . . nobody could ever have beaten that Trent Dilfer-led team.

If Fassel was such a good coach why has he not been able to even sniff another HC job since we canned him??

BurnerNYG
12-03-2011, 09:14 PM

If Fassel was such a good coach why has he not been able to even sniff another HC job since we canned him??The Ravens didn't need a Peyton Manning to be effective. They stifled their opponents with stifling D and was a very intimidating team. In fact, they went a few weeks without scoring an offensive TD and was still winning. We lost that Superbowl because of Fox underestimating Dilfer and that phantom holding call.

As for Fassel, he got hired again as Billick's offensive coordinator and the way things ended is the reason why he hasn't coached another NFL team again. One thing I respect about Fassel is how this team played in Nov and December when he was here.

GMENAGAIN
12-03-2011, 09:25 PM

If Fassel was such a good coach why has he not been able to even sniff another HC job since we canned him??The Ravens didn't need a Peyton Manning to be effective. They stifled their opponents with stifling D and was a very intimidating team. In fact, they went a few weeks without scoring an offensive TD and was still winning. We lost that Superbowl because of Fox underestimating Dilfer and that phantom holding call.

As for Fassel, he got hired again as Billick's offensive coordinator and the way things ended is the reason why he hasn't coached another NFL team again. One thing I respect about Fassel is how this team played in Nov and December when he was here.
He's still out there if you want him back . . . .

BurnerNYG
12-03-2011, 09:33 PM

He's still out there if you want him back . . . .Nah I don't want him back... I just thought he was a decent coach. Was he the best? Hell no! Was he the worst? Absolutely not! That 41-0 blowout over the Vikings was one of my best days as a Giants fan but at the same time that meltdown against the 49ers was among the worse days. I give credit where credit is due... you oughta try it sometimes.

GMENAGAIN
12-03-2011, 09:35 PM

He's still out there if you want him back . . . .Nah I don't want him back... I just thought he was a decent coach. Was he the best? Hell no! Was he the worst? Absolutely not! That 41-0 blowout over the Vikings was one of my best days as a Giants fan but at the same time that meltdown against the 49ers was among the worse days. I give credit where credit is due... you oughta try it sometimes.

I didn't think Fassell was horrible and I'm sort of surprised that he hasn't gotten another shot in the NFL. Just tells me that the rest of the league knows something that we don't . . .. . .

BurnerNYG
12-03-2011, 09:43 PM

I didn't think Fassell was horrible and I'm sort of surprised that he hasn't gotten another shot in the NFL. Just tells me that the rest of the league knows something that we don't . . .. . .The league??? A few random morons sprinkled around that keeps hiring Norv Turner as their HC seems pretty damn clueless if you ask me.

hungrrrry
12-04-2011, 09:52 AM

i would agree if we lose this weeks game against Packer then we should get rid of DC and OC and bring in (or up) their replacements to see what they can do differently and to see if the players respond to it...if they can do no better then an entire coaching staff replacement would be recommended but I believe TC isnot the issue here and for the long term, we may need his replacement...TC is the oldest coach in the league....I don't lik his loyalty to those coaches beneath him, but I absolutely love his coaching approach...Best coach we have had in decades!!!

jppmvp90
01-25-2012, 09:34 PM
ummmmmmmmmm

GMENAGAIN
01-26-2012, 01:38 PM
ummmmmmmmmm</P>

The OP also made a preseason prediction that the Giants would be 4-12.</P>

He is never right about anything, so bumping this thread isn't really newsworthy . . . . . .</P>

G-Man67
01-26-2012, 03:00 PM
im amazed that you hate a coach that is already in the Giants HOF and if he wins this Super Bowl, he will be in the NFL HOF

you know you can eat crow on TC, it's not nearly as embarrassing as continuing to stubbornly be wrong about him

nihan87
01-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Look at how stupid everyone sounded..

CTLadyBlue
01-26-2012, 03:25 PM
DELETE - didn't realize it was an old thread.

Sheesh - you all did sound stupid. I never wanted this guy gone - even when we were losing.

GMENAGAIN
01-27-2012, 08:51 AM
Bump

MattMeyerBud
01-27-2012, 09:15 AM

at the time you were right. Coughlin needed a playoff run to justify staying after this year.

He did it, he stays

MattMeyerBud
01-27-2012, 09:16 AM

didnt you also want Eli gone for Andrew luck ?

bansaw
01-27-2012, 09:34 AM
sheep is one crazy Canuck thats for sure

MattMeyerBud
01-27-2012, 09:35 AM
sheep is one crazy Canuck thats for sure

my favorite kind of canuck

NYG216
01-27-2012, 10:02 AM
Every time I see a thread by sheep I always remember that episode of Giants online when, I think it was Hanlon, took a question by him, and said something along the lines of "what kind of name is sheepdip?"

Drez
01-27-2012, 10:04 AM

In the Superbowl era, the Giants have had what...9 coaches? TWO have been successful. TWO!!!! One of them is still employed here. Now you might be right, he might have to go. But to make it sound like such no-brainer is really short sighted. Remember this. - Based on the last 40 years, The Giants front office has a MUCH greater chance of picking a loser than picking a winner. At about a 20% success rate, I'm not exactly thrilled to throw this decision on their desk.Fassel was a decent coach. He didn't win the Superbowl but he took us there. NOBODY was gonna beat that Ravens team. Yeah . . . nobody could ever have beaten that Trent Dilfer-led team. If Fassel was such a good coach why has he not been able to even sniff another HC job since we canned him??The Ravens didn't need a Peyton Manning to be effective. They stifled their opponents with stifling D and was a very intimidating team. In fact, they went a few weeks without scoring an offensive TD and was still winning. We lost that Superbowl because of Fox underestimating Dilfer and that phantom holding call. As for Fassel, he got hired again as Billick's offensive coordinator and the way things ended is the reason why he hasn't coached another NFL team again. One thing I respect about Fassel is how this team played in Nov and December when he was here. He's still out there if you want him back . . . .Nah I don't want him back... I just thought he was a decent coach. Was he the best? Hell no! Was he the worst? Absolutely not! That 41-0 blowout over the Vikings was one of my best days as a Giants fan but at the same time that meltdown against the 49ers was among the worse days. I give credit where credit is due... you oughta try it sometimes.

</P>

I think at one point in time he said Sanchez was a better QB than Eli (though that might have been Mik). Gumby had 15 or so QBs ahead of Eli, lmao.</P>

gumby742
01-27-2012, 10:10 AM

In the Superbowl era, the Giants have had what...9 coaches? TWO have been successful. TWO!!!! One of them is still employed here. Now you might be right, he might have to go. But to make it sound like such no-brainer is really short sighted. Remember this. - Based on the last 40 years, The Giants front office has a MUCH greater chance of picking a loser than picking a winner. At about a 20% success rate, I'm not exactly thrilled to throw this decision on their desk.Fassel was a decent coach. He didn't win the Superbowl but he took us there. NOBODY was gonna beat that Ravens team. Yeah . . . nobody could ever have beaten that Trent Dilfer-led team. If Fassel was such a good coach why has he not been able to even sniff another HC job since we canned him??The Ravens didn't need a Peyton Manning to be effective. They stifled their opponents with stifling D and was a very intimidating team. In fact, they went a few weeks without scoring an offensive TD and was still winning. We lost that Superbowl because of Fox underestimating Dilfer and that phantom holding call. As for Fassel, he got hired again as Billick's offensive coordinator and the way things ended is the reason why he hasn't coached another NFL team again. One thing I respect about Fassel is how this team played in Nov and December when he was here. He's still out there if you want him back . . . .Nah I don't want him back... I just thought he was a decent coach. Was he the best? Hell no! Was he the worst? Absolutely not! That 41-0 blowout over the Vikings was one of my best days as a Giants fan but at the same time that meltdown against the 49ers was among the worse days. I give credit where credit is due... you oughta try it sometimes.

</P>

I think at one point in time he said Sanchez was a better QB than Eli (though that might have been Mik). Gumby had 15 or so QBs ahead of Eli, lmao.</P>

</P>

Uhm no. I said, if i were to start a team from scratch, there MIGHT be 15 QBs i'd take over Eli.It had absolutely nothing to dowith if Eli was good or bad and everythingthat I value in a QB - consistency and accuracy. This year is his first year where he has had both. I've always maintained he was at least top 10. You might want to read my posts more carefully. </P>

And I also said that if Eli had another stinker AND we missed the playoffs AND we had the #1 overall pick or close to it, I wouldn't be disappointed (not that i wanted to) if we did draft Andrew Luck. The main thing Eli had going for him over his counter parts was winning. The guy was a winner. He didn't have the stats so really winning was his only justification. Once he stops winning, you're taking away his biggest strength.</P>

And still maintain that TC's best days are behind him. However, he's obviously earned the right to stay. Fewell still sucks. A few good games doesn't erase a season of futility.</P>

Drez
01-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Uhm no. I said, if i were to start a team from scratch, there MIGHT be 15 QBs i'd take over Eli.</P>

So, you said that there were 15 or so QBs better than Eli.</P>

Way to try and backpeddle.</P>

Edit: His stats after 7 seasons as a full season starter compare favorably to Brady, Brees, and Peyton, so I'm not too sure that's so valid.</P>

gumby742
01-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Uhm no. I said, if i were to start a team from scratch, there MIGHT be 15 QBs i'd take over Eli.</P>

So, you said that there were 15 or so QBs better than Eli.</P>

Way to try and backpeddle.</P>

Edit: His stats after 7 seasons as a full season starter compare favorably to Brady, Brees, and Peyton, so I'm not too sure that's so valid.</P>

</P>

No. I didn't back peddle anything. I didn't because I didn't sit there and list them all out. I either used the word probably, might, or wouldn't be surprised if. If you can dig up the posts where I said that, I'll be you i didn't definitely state just that.</P>

How can you not say it's valid? It has nothing to do with being good as it is having a QB with traits that you're looking for (ie fitting into your system).</P>

Edit: And let me tell you why I value accuracy and consistency. Maybe I've been in the corporate world for too long, but the way I see it, your job as a coach is to put your players in the best position to succeed. You create the offense and make up plays to do so. How can you game plan around a guy who isn't a consistent performer or isn't always going to make a pass he's supposed to make? You work all game to draw the DBs so you can pass over the top - only to have your QB miss a wide open WR for an easy 7. Up and until this year, Eli has been doing this more so then his peers - or at least Ben and Rodgers since i do watch those 2 QBs a lot. I'll take a QB that is consistent and solid then a QB that is streaky but can be an X factor. It's very valid.</P>

GMENAGAIN
01-28-2012, 08:51 AM
Bump