PDA

View Full Version : Eli Manning is Elite and is right up there with Brees, Brady and all the other clowns.

RCJINTS
01-23-2012, 03:01 AM
Eli got a very bad rap right from the beginning. Even Giant fans were very unfair to him. I never had any doubt right from his first year. His poise in the pocket, not getting flustered and his arm were signs right form the begining. I feel so good that I was dead on. I'm a big Eli fan and I hope he's our QB for many years to come. He's 30 and he's going to his 2nd SB. He made things happen and got his receivers the ball. He is definetely one of the top 5 QBs and will be the #1 QB in no more than two more seasons. Thank God we have him. Eli is the MVP of this post season in my book.

Overdrive92
01-23-2012, 03:04 AM
Eli got a very bad rap right from the beginning. Even Giant fans were very unfair to him. I never had any doubt right from his first year. His poise in the pocket, not getting flustered and his arm were signs right form the begining. I feel so good that I was dead on. I'm a big Eli fan and I hope he's our QB for many years to come. He's 30 and he's going to his 2nd SB. He made things happen and got his receivers the ball. He is definetely one of the top 5 QBs and will be the #1 QB in no more than two more seasons. Thank God we have him. Eli is the MVP of this post season in my book.

I love Eli. He's an elite QB, no doubt.

Better than Brady, Brees, Rodgers, or even Peyton? No. But I'd put him right after that as the 5th best QB in the league.

giantsfan420
01-23-2012, 03:09 AM
to be honest, in terms of winning, i put eli right at the top.

and dont forget, winning that super bowl did something for him, he elevated his play in the 07 run like he did this playoffs and all year really. but remember how awesome he was in 08?

i honestly believe that once we win the SB again, next year we're gonna have another dominate season like we did in 08. and this time, nicks cruz and MM wont shoot themselves in the leg and blow it.

to me, eli just outplayed ryan, rodgers, and alex tebo i mean alex smith. he's gonna outplay brady FOR THE THIRD TIME in a couple weeks, and imo, stats are great but winning>stats and eli will be the best qb for the giants out of any qb in the league.

but i agree with the OP, i believe this time next year, eli will be thought off by many to be a top 3 qb. just my honest opinion and really, with the way he has progressed and matured as a qb, cant see how he wouldnt

Jon6777
01-23-2012, 03:10 AM
Best QB? No.
Toughest QB? By Far.

DemandedAce
01-23-2012, 03:14 AM
That touchdown pass to MM was a thing of beauty, what a QBS he was getting pounded all day too and looked like he got run over by a truck after that pass to Bradshaw lol

Harooni
01-23-2012, 03:19 AM
Eli got a very bad rap right from the beginning. Even Giant fans were very unfair to him.

well to be fair you cant expect fans to call a 70 rating QB "elite" true plenty including myself were hard on him but it was justified. as he was a top paid qb and we used 4 draft picks to get him. but even still no one said he was a bust. its just i dont believe in crowning someone before they earn it. now i think the last few years Eli has indeed earned it.

BornLegend
01-23-2012, 03:25 AM
No disrespect but are you guys insecure? This season has been nothing short of a rollercoaster and everybody who doubted Eli early on is in total belief that he's in the top echelon of QB's. There is no need for threads like these anymore.

JMFP2
01-23-2012, 03:30 AM
I don't want to get ahead of myself here......but after this season, the "gap" between Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Peyton, and Eli has shrunk to the point where it's not evenworth arguing.</P>

Honestly, Eli matches this team perfectly.....plugging any other QB in here would be messing witha good thing.</P>

Eli is becoming the Dr. Seuss of QBs....he wins shootouts, and slugfests.....he wins in a dome, or in the snow, or the rain, or the cold, or the wind, etc., etc., etc.</P>

Once again, Eli enters the 4th quarter trailing...and once again, he leaves the game with a win.....and he got ****ing pasted tonight. Eli was Phil Simms Tough tonight.</P>

It's Coughlin &amp; Manning v. Belichick &amp; Brady......again. If that's doesn't tell us something about both coaches and QB's, not sure what else will.</P>

And consider this....he's just entering his prime. We might have another 6-8 years of this, and by then, who the hell knows what sort of stats he'll have.</P>

obalgos
01-23-2012, 03:31 AM
Eli is the most hard working and toughest QB I've seen. No matter what happens to him (injury, countless sacks, virus, blow to the head) he keeps going. He's definitely up there and he's only getting better.

Mohann
01-23-2012, 03:45 AM
Eli got a very bad rap right from the beginning. Even Giant fans were very unfair to him.

well to be fair you cant expect fans to call a 70 rating QB "elite" true plenty including myself were hard on him but it was justified. as he was a top paid qb and we used 4 draft picks to get him. but even still no one said he was a bust. its just i dont believe in crowning someone before they earn it. now i think the last few years Eli has indeed earned it.

Harooni, for the love of LT, let them enjoys this, Eli gets a lot of undeserved crap, some from you. Remember how people said he looked fragile? He was an ironman today. Don't be a Debbie downer for 24hrs ok? That's fair.

How many QBs can lead one average team on the road to a SB win? Eli has the chance to do it twice. If we win, there will be talk about how this is the new worst team to ever win the SB, taking the title from our 2007 squad. That says something. Accorsi said Eli wins games he's not supposed to, but he never said he'd do it in streaks of 3 and 4 in a row in the playoffs. I BELIeve.

RCJINTS
01-23-2012, 12:51 PM
disagree... definitely better than Rogers and Brees... soon to be the best... he might even be right there with Brady.

RCJINTS
01-23-2012, 12:57 PM
I don't know. I think there is a need because like any good QB ... QBs go through slumps. Quite frankly, I can't stand how this guy gets no respect. It serves as a reminder to most that you gotta belive in ur team and especially a QB like this. He should be given credit to get us there after 4 years of play and win the SB. Now... here we are again. And this time... he really did get us there. Eli Manning is the real deal.

RCJINTS
01-23-2012, 01:00 PM
well said

RCJINTS
01-23-2012, 01:01 PM

well to be fair you cant expect fans to call a 70 rating QB "elite"** true plenty including myself were hard on him but it was justified. as he was a top paid qb and we used 4 draft picks to get him.* but even still no one said he was a bust.* its just i dont believe in crowning someone before they earn it.* now i think the last few years Eli has indeed earned it.

Harooni, for the love of LT, let them enjoys this, Eli gets a lot of undeserved crap, some from you. Remember how people said he looked fragile? He was an ironman today. Don't be a Debbie downer for 24hrs ok? That's fair.

How many QBs can lead one average team on the road to a SB win? Eli has the chance to do it twice. If we win, there will be talk about how this is the new worst team to ever win the SB, taking the title from our 2007 squad. That says something. Accorsi said Eli wins games he's not supposed to, but he never said he'd do it in streaks of 3 and 4 in a row in the playoffs. I BELIeve.

Well said man. Eli is one of a kind... I can't even imagine what we have waiting for us if he's playing like this at 30.... DYNASTY!!!!

PatsFanNH
01-23-2012, 01:03 PM
ELI is an Elite QB.

Is he Peyton or Brady like NOT YET.. I mean his brother and Brady are considered 2 of the GOAT, I do not think Eli is there yet.. But he is def top 5 in the NFL right now and that is all that matters as he is in his prime as Brady and his brother are closer to the 19th hole in their careers.

ErnieReese
01-23-2012, 01:04 PM
I think he is comparable to Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Peyton, but I don't think he's there yet. He's about a half-a-notch below those guys. What's missing from Eli's game--blame it on o-line or game plan etc...-- is the ability to dominate games. Think about how you feel when you watch those top 4 QBs, it feels as though they can blow the top off the game and throw 5 tds almost anytime.

I think right now Manning is proving he's better than Roethlisberger and Rivers. I think Roethlisberger is more of a big play QB who has clutch ability, but is not a great or elite every down Qb. Rivers is an every down Qb that doesn't have elite clutch abilities.

I will guarantee one thing though: Eli, I think, has 1 more significant step in his growth that he WILL make. That will come with a better o-line and consistency with receivers and coaching staff and health. In other words, if those things remain consistent and healthy and improved upon, then yeah, he can be as good as those guys.

TheStomach
01-23-2012, 01:09 PM
He is not on the level of Brees, Brady, Rodgers and Peyton. For the fans who cannot see that there is really no arguing because you will never be convinced and you will never convince the majority of analysts, players, and fans that don't think Eli is in that class. If Eli wins another super bowl and plays well he will be CLOSE but he has to get better.

RCJINTS
01-23-2012, 01:13 PM
ELI is an Elite QB.

Is he Peyton or Brady like NOT YET.. I mean his brother and Brady are considered 2 of the GOAT, I do not think Eli is there yet.. But he is def top 5 in the NFL right now and that is all that matters as he is in his prime as Brady and his brother are closer to the 19th hole in their careers.

I think he's better. He's just a different type of QB.

Marvelousmik
01-23-2012, 01:14 PM
i honestly believe that once we win the SB again, next year we're gonna have another dominate season like we did in 08. and this time, nicks cruz and MM wont shoot themselves in the leg and blow it.

lmao! +1

RCJINTS
01-23-2012, 01:14 PM
And BTW those who are sick of posts like these should consider how sick and tired many were of the Eli bashing posts. If we had to shut up and take it well... now it's ur turn. Go Eli!

RCJINTS
01-23-2012, 01:15 PM
He is not on the level of Brees, Brady, Rodgers and Peyton. For the fans who cannot see that there is really no arguing because you will never be convinced and you will never convince the majority of analysts, players, and fans that don't think Eli is in that class. If Eli wins another super bowl and plays well he will be CLOSE but he has to get better.

SMH ... He gets no credit. Where are we? Going to the SB right?

PatsFanNH
01-23-2012, 01:20 PM
ELI is an Elite QB.

I think he's better. He's just a different type of QB.

I respectfully DISAGREE... Lets take Brady out of it (I am a Pats fan so Biased BIG TIME..) iT HAS BEEN PROVEN this year That the Colts won 10+ games for so long BECAUSE of Peyton, I mean that D is gawd awful. Now put Pmanning on the Giants and I say they are 4 time SB champions! PERIOD... No question about it. The Giants have a BETTER TEAM than Peyton has or ever had. (And he has never had a running game and his O line gotten him killed for years... )

Please dont respond with but he is better than Brady lets just agree to disagree there as neither of us convince the other one they are wrong. :)

rick5292
01-23-2012, 01:24 PM

Well said, sir. But I think you do need to realize that you were overly pessimistic with him. But I agree, he has indeed earned it now.

burier
01-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Eli's the best doing it right now. Its unfortuante that some of you will have to wait until some Jackhole on ESPN says it before you believe it but that's what it is.

He's the best but for no other reason then he has no weakness.

How do you gameplan against Eli Manning. He's shown time and time again that hitting him will not alter his game.

You gonna blitz him? He'll eat you alive.

You gonna play coverge? He'll eat you alive.

Even an elite defense like San Fran could only hope to contain Eli Manning with the assistance of a damn Monsoon.

When Eli gets his second SB MVP I wonder what the experts are going to try to couch to explain why there's still a "teir" of QB higher than Eli.

Mr Excitement
01-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Even after he out guns Brady again in the Super Bowl..there will always be haters...what more does the kid have to do?...Do you think Brady would have taking the shots Eli did yesterday and keep his team in the game?....No way...thats why we will beat the Brady bunch again..because our D will rattle the hell out of him....Eli is top 3 in the league hands down...

gumby742
01-23-2012, 01:31 PM
eli nut hugger forums --&gt; this way</P>

SB bound Giant fans forums &lt;-- this way.</P>

We even had some guy miked1958 have a conversation with himself about Eli. What is the matter with some of you people?</P>

Eli was the man this season. He carried us. He's playing out of his mind. And everyone here in Giants land is thrilled.</P>

If you need to oil Eli up just to enjoy this run you have problems.</P>

Geezus.</P>

RCJINTS
01-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Eli's the best doing it right now. Its unfortuante that some of you will have to wait until some Jackhole on ESPN says it before you believe it but that's what it is.

He's the best but for no other reason then he has no weakness.

How do you gameplan against Eli Manning. He's shown time and time again that hitting him will not alter his game.

You gonna blitz him? He'll eat you alive.

You gonna play coverge? He'll eat you alive.

Even an elite defense like San Fran could only hope to contain Eli Manning with the assistance of a damn Monsoon.

When Eli gets his second SB MVP I wonder what the experts are going to try to couch to explain why there's still a "teir" of QB higher than Eli.

Awesome dude - right there with ya. I'd say not top 5 ... Top 3.

speedman
01-23-2012, 01:38 PM
eli nut hugger forums -->* this way</P>

SB bound Giant fans forums <-- this way.</P>

We even had some guy miked1958 have a conversation with himself about Eli.* What is the matter with some of you people?</P>

Eli was the man this season.* He carried us.* He's playing out of his mind.* And everyone here in Giants land is thrilled.</P>

If you need to oil Eli up just to enjoy this run you have problems.</P> Why don't you crawl back into the hole that you came out of?

Geezus.</P>

RCJINTS
01-23-2012, 01:42 PM
58 passes without an INT. Enough Said. Best 4th Qrt QB by far. If you have 30 seconds on the clock... you have to worry about Eli. LOL. The guy hasn't missed a game. The guy threads the ball in there like no one. His arm is incredible. Great pocket presence. Reads the defense perfectly... Never gets flustered, takes a beating ... Come on... I think sometimes he doesn't get the credit because he's so humble.

Diamondring
01-23-2012, 01:47 PM
By how Eli and Brady played, Eli is at number one.

RCJINTS
01-23-2012, 01:54 PM

He's definitely up there - TOP 3

ten280
01-23-2012, 02:11 PM

Eli : 32 of 58, 316yds 2TD 0 Int
Weather: upper 50s, rain, 15-25 mph winds
49ers NFL 4th ranked Defense - 6 sacks

Brady : 22 of 36 239yds 0 TD 2 INT
weather upper 20s, dry, 5-10 mph winds
Ravens NFL 3rd Ranked Defense - 1 sack

Here's your proof

yoeddy
01-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Hey quick question...is "Driving the QB into the ground" still a penalty? Eli was on the receiving end of a few of those yesterday...

THE_New_York_Giants
01-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Hey quick question...is "Driving the QB into the ground" still a penalty? Eli was on the receiving end of a few of those yesterday...
It is if you do it to Rodgers, Brees, Brady, and Romo. Outside of that, good luck getting that penalty called for you

giantsfan420
01-23-2012, 02:16 PM

yes it is and aldon smith on a couple of occasions wrapped up elis arm left his feet and drove him into the ground AFTER eli had thrown it. that one and another one or two SHOULD have been called, like on sack eli was grabbed by the inside of his shoulder pads which IS by RULE a horse collar tackle.

eli is the least penalized qb for roughing the passer, i guess the nfl feels that since he's so ****ing tough they can let a questionable call slide. meanwhile if it was brady or rodgers or brees who have been injured bc of hits, a flag is def. thrown

eh oh well love me some eli

RCJINTS
01-23-2012, 02:41 PM
It is if you do it to Rodgers, Brees, Brady, and Romo. Outside of that, good luck getting that penalty called for you

great response . its cause they're the Elites and Eli isnt

RCJINTS
01-23-2012, 02:43 PM

Eli : 32 of 58, 316yds 2TD 0 Int
Weather: upper 50s, rain, 15-25 mph winds
49ers NFL 4th ranked Defense - 6 sacks

Brady : 22 of 36 239yds 2 TD 2 INT
weather upper 20s, dry, 5-10 mph winds
Ravens NFL 3rd Ranked Defense - 1 sack

Here's your proof

Awesome

nygsb42champs
01-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Why is it so important to sat Eli is elite? He is our QB and we are lucky to have him.

Roosevelt
01-23-2012, 02:49 PM

Looked like Unnecessary Roughness to me on a couple plays.

The fact that Eli took such a beating yesterday and did not turn it over is simply amazing.

Despite it being a defensive battle, Eli played a helluva game.

I was yelling at McKenzie way too much last night. That dude needs to keep playing until the whistle blows.

suzyq
01-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Can you spell elite without ELI?

G-Dawg92
01-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Personally, I think the whole idea of being elite is overrated and the "******, aw shucks" perception that people have of him will ultimately keep him from being in that category with those other guys.

The guy's a flat out winner and that's all that really matters and we here on the NYGMB know how good and important he is to our success.

Point blank, honest to god, there's NO ONE else I'd rather have at the helm of this team.