PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Giants

shinobi89
01-23-2012, 03:32 AM
It came down to mistakes and our punt returner cost us twice. The best team won in one of the hardest fought games I've seen in a long, long time. I think both teams left everything they had out on the field and it was a fun game to watch. I don't get all this "troll" stuff on both our boards but whatever. Part of the game I guess. Good luck in the super bowl!

slipknottin
01-23-2012, 03:34 AM
looked like one of the old school 9ers giants games.

You're front 7 is unreal. Hopefully you all can keep that talent together for awhile.

Relentless
01-23-2012, 04:30 AM
Thanks, and congratulations on a great season. It looks like San Fran will field another strong team next year as well. You guys didn't get the media coverage you deserved this year because the focus of all the talking-heads was on Brees and Rodgers and how the NFL was all about the high-powered offense now. You've gotta love that it was the two defensive powerhouses in the division, the Giants and the Niners, that played in the championship game. So much for experts.

TheEnigma
01-23-2012, 04:34 AM
You guys should be contenders still for a few more years. It was like I mentioned a few times before the game that the 49ers being 31st in 3rd down completion percentage would be one of the major things that could hold them back. Alex Smith needs someone other than Vernon Davis to bail him out on 3rd and longs.

jhamburg
01-23-2012, 04:36 AM
looked like one of the old school 9ers giants games.

You're front 7 is unreal. Hopefully you all can keep that talent together for awhile.

Seriously, reminded me of the Steelers when Aaron Smith, James Farrior, and Casey Hampton were still in their prime. Actually they may be better than that even.

SweetZombieJesus
01-23-2012, 07:28 AM
Your punt returner did touch the ball on the first, but the ball was knocked away from him on the 2nd, it's not like he dropped it untouched. And he had a bunch of good returns near midfield, didn't he?

As for Ted Gimp, ask Dolphin fans about relying on him ;)

You have a dysfunctional offense but your defense is top notch, the 49ers are definitely going to be a conference power for years to come.

Firenugget
01-23-2012, 07:32 AM
That was one of the best games I've seen in years. If you guys keep that defense together you'll be in the mix again next year for sure.