PDA

View Full Version : Pats open as 3 point favorites

calzonesays
01-23-2012, 04:09 AM
Just noticed it now. (3 point favorites in most places, 3.5 points at other 'books)

Doesn't really matter much as the favorite fails to win/cover plenty of the time.

Fine with me. This team thrives as being the underdog.

If I were a betting man (which I am), it will be interesting to see which direction this line moves in the next 2 weeks.

jhamburg
01-23-2012, 04:15 AM
Just noticed it now.* (3 point favorites in most places, 3.5 points at other 'books)

Doesn't really matter much as the favorite fails to win/cover plenty of the time.*

Fine with me.* This team thrives as being the underdog.

If I were a betting man (which I am), it will be interesting to see which direction this line moves in the next 2 weeks.

Honestly I think the public will go heavy on the Pats, I see the line moving to NE -4.

calzonesays
01-23-2012, 04:45 AM
Honestly I think the public will go heavy on the Pats, I see the line moving to NE -4.

Yeah, I think so too. People are gonna be skeptical of Gronk for a while because of the way the Patriots milk the injury reports and updates. Most of the casual bettors will probably go chalk with the Pats. The real action happens 1-2 hours before kickoff when most of the "sharper" bettors hammer a side.