PDA

View Full Version : Victor Cruz

supergiants07
12-02-2011, 07:52 PM
When is his contract up? I would imagine we will resign him when that day comes but I am thinking of getting his jersey and was just curious how many years he has left.

RoanokeFan
12-02-2011, 07:58 PM
When is his contract up? I would imagine we will resign him when that day comes but I am thinking of getting his jersey and was just curious how many years he has left.

I don't now but they signed him and Hixon just before the lockout

RoanokeFan
12-02-2011, 07:59 PM

I think quite a few. I am getting both his # 3 and # 80

egyptian420
12-02-2011, 08:00 PM
I just ordered his jersey yesterday to give to my bro for Christmas

RoanokeFan
12-02-2011, 08:04 PM

Great gift. This is his first year playing with the big boys, has started two or three games, and is # 4 in the NFL.

fletch842
12-02-2011, 08:10 PM

Great gift.* This is his first year playing with the big boys, has started two or three games, and is # 4 in the NFL.

and seems to have a better understanding of what he's doing each week. Can't wait to see what he does once he really gets it !!

RoanokeFan
12-02-2011, 09:18 PM

Great gift. This is his first year playing with the big boys, has started two or three games, and is # 4 in the NFL.

and seems to have a better understanding of what he's doing each week. Can't wait to see what he does once he really gets it !!

I remember Gilbride tearing Cruz's face off after he ran a bad route in pre-season. He missed a pre-snap read and hadn't gone deep enough to be where he needed to be and where Eli had thrown the ball. As Gilbride was in mid-rant, Eli walked in between them and patted Cruz on the chest as if to say, you'll get it next time.

He's been doing just that. I know his occasional drops make us crazy, but his body of work to date really is amazing for an undrafted FA.

egyptian420
12-02-2011, 09:44 PM

Oh yea, this kid is incredible. I've liked him since the Jets preseason game where he demolished their secondary to pieces, it was really bad seeing him miss last season, but he came back with a bang. I'll never forget my buddy who's a cowboys fan telling me that Cruz' performance in that Jets preseason game was just a lucky one and he's a "preseason one hit wonder"....boy does he look like an idiot right about now.

appodictic
12-03-2011, 12:21 AM

Oh yea, this kid is incredible. I've liked him since the Jets preseason game where he demolished their secondary to pieces, it was really bad seeing him miss last season, but he came back with a bang. I'll never forget my buddy who's a cowboys fan telling me that Cruz' performance in that Jets preseason game was just a lucky one and he's a "preseason one hit wonder"....boy does he look like an idiot right about now.

Maybe Cruz can sweeten this us by getting 150 yards and a TD on the cowboys. Then you can really make your buddy eat crow.

egyptian420
12-03-2011, 12:23 AM

Maybe Cruz can sweeten this us by getting 150 yards and a TD on the cowboys. Then you can really make your buddy eat crow.

I have a very good feeling this is more than possible. The Jets and Cowboys are 2 teams I'm looking forward to playing this season. They are also the most beatable imho.

GiantFanatic55
12-03-2011, 02:03 AM

He is a free agent after the 2012 season

GiantFanatic55
12-03-2011, 02:08 AM

Hixon is a free agent after this season

redbeardxxv
12-03-2011, 04:39 AM

Hixon is a free agent after this season

Hixon is gone after this season... I dunno if he can be what he was anymore, and his spot on the roster may have been taken. Maybe though, I hope the best for him, always liked Hixon.

hungrrrry
12-03-2011, 09:39 AM

I think quite a few. I am getting both his # 3 and # 80
</P>

He signed a contract as a free agent so the Giants may have him for longer thanthe typicalrookie term</P>

barran21
12-03-2011, 10:14 AM
If I remember correctly Giants signed him to a 2 year deal, that was last season so he a FA after this season, Reese needs to give this kid a contract now before he hits the open market, I will say this now since many have forgotten about he new CBA rules, starting next season teams will have to spend 90% of the cap, and it's mandatory, so if Cruz hits the FA teams like Cincy who are $35m under the cap will give him big money, expect to see some big time spending this off season since all the damn cheap teams must spend money...

fletch842
12-03-2011, 10:26 AM
according to this link, he's rfa for the 2013 season:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/victor-cruz/

barran21
12-03-2011, 11:53 AM

Then it was this year he signed the 2 year deal, but Reese needs to pay him now rip up that old contract...

RoanokeFan
12-03-2011, 12:58 PM

Then it was this year he signed the 2 year deal, but Reese needs to pay him now rip up that old contract...

I think they will let Manningham walk and release other high tickets players like Diehl, Jacobs, Umenyiora, and Bradshaw to make some long term moves like Cruz and JPP. I can see them releasing Tuck if he doesn't get his head into the game.

RagTime Blue
12-03-2011, 01:53 PM
I think if we keep Coughlin/Gilbride, then Manningham may be gone.

I'm not sure if releasing players = cap-hit relief. Nobody wants to say it, but right now one of our most overpaid players is Snee. There's something the team isn't telling the media about him.

Umenyiora is a bargain, and will be next year as well. Reese seems to let guys go through their contract year and squeeze production out of their desperation (see A. Ross). Osi will whine, but play very well next year. . .his last year as a Giant.

RoanokeFan
12-03-2011, 04:46 PM
I think if we keep Coughlin/Gilbride, then Manningham may be gone.

I'm not sure if releasing players = cap-hit relief. Nobody wants to say it, but right now one of our most overpaid players is Snee. There's something the team isn't telling the media about him.

Umenyiora is a bargain, and will be next year as well. Reese seems to let guys go through their contract year and squeeze production out of their desperation (see A. Ross). Osi will whine, but play very well next year. . .his last year as a Giant.

Osi and Tuck are ineffective, it's not just about the CAP space. The only way to get CAP relief when you are as close as we are is to cut players with high salaries.

BigBlue1971
12-03-2011, 07:10 PM
according to this link, he's rfa for the 2013 season: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/victor-cruz/</P>

</P>

</P>

the Giants should extend Cruzs contract in the off season.</P>

no way does this guy approach his contract year if im the G-Men.</P>

BigBlue1971
12-03-2011, 07:10 PM
according to this link, he's rfa for the 2013 season: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/victor-cruz/</P>

</P>

</P>

the Giants should extend Cruzs contract in the off season.</P>

no way does this guy approach his contract year if im the G-Men.</P>

Overdrive92
12-04-2011, 02:22 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6313/victor-cruz

Just like someone posted above, his contract ends in 2013, after NEXT season.