PDA

View Full Version : Still not Elite???

miked1958
01-23-2012, 09:06 AM
Eli set all time record this season for most 4th quarter Tds. He passes two pretty good QBs to do it. Peyton and Johnny U.

Now he does something NO OTHER GREAT QB has ever done in the NFL.

Win 5 Road Playoff Games... And he did it in a row, no less........

miked1958
01-23-2012, 09:16 AM
I mean when u start going up and down the list of the BEST QBs all time, his Acomplishments are remarkable.

Brady, Bree's, Rodgers, Bradshaw, Montana, elway, Simms, Marino, Starr, Johnny U, Farve, tarkenton, fouts, Troy akieman, Staubach, Y.A., Baugh, Kelly, Namath, Peyton, Steve young (critic lol), rivers, rothlisberger, smith, romo, Vick, theisman, Moon, O. Graham, stabler, Warner, greise, jergenson, Van Brocklin, Len Dawson, mcNabb, Roman Gabriel, McNair, bobby Layne, Bledsoe, boomer E.
Did I miss any? Feel free to add any here. Lol

None of these have ever done what Eli has. Wow

miked1958
01-23-2012, 09:25 AM
I think the question soon could be are todays QBs in Eli Mannings Class

Firenugget
01-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Eli set all time record this season for most 4th quarter Tds. He passes two pretty good QBs to do it. Peyton and Johnny U.

I like what Eli said about that 4th quarter record. says he thinks it must be some made up record, continued that to reach that record you must have been behind in alot of games. So he's not hanging his hat on that one by any means.

Honestly I'm tired of the whole blanket "elite" status thing. Screw elite, he's a damn good QB and that's all that matters for now. When he's done playing then everyone can compare.

miked1958
01-23-2012, 09:33 AM

I like what Eli said about that 4th quarter record. says he thinks it must be some made up record, continued that to reach that record you must have been behind in alot of games. So he's not hanging his hat on that one by any means.

Honestly I'm tired of the whole blanket "elite" status thing. Screw elite, he's a damn good QB and that's all that matters for now. When he's done playing then everyone can compare.

But u must admit its the Media that brought this on themselves. They are the ones always bringing it up and comparing him to others

Firenugget
01-23-2012, 09:48 AM

But u must admit its the Media that brought this on themselves. They are the ones always bringing it up and comparing him to others

no question. the whole media driven aspect is the part I'm tired of. Not fans discussing it. I just don't think people fit into these boxes that they create. Everyone has their pro's and con's and an argument can always be made for either side. That's why it's all pointless.

Diamondring
01-23-2012, 09:57 AM

I agree in some way. Yet the word Elite does exist. A qb can;t be elite all of the time so I add play at the end of elite to make it elite play and that can happen any time.

Firenugget
01-23-2012, 10:01 AM

I agree in some way. Yet the word Elite does exist. A qb can;t be elite all of the time so I add play at the end of elite to make it elite play and that can happen any time.

Yeah it does exist and your right they can't be elite all of the time. Thats why I said when he retires, that would be the proper time to look back and compare achievements, records, overall play, etc...

If he throws 28 for 30 and 5 TD's in the SB he'll be elite. Next year if he throws 3 picks a game all of that is washed away in the eyes of the media and he's back down to average at best (again, in their eyes) so it's pointless until it's over.