PDA

View Full Version : VERNON DAVIS WAS THE FASTEST TE WE FACED THIS YEAR

LoveRack
01-23-2012, 09:18 AM
gronkiwski is a better te,, but he will not burn the giants deep like davis did out running deff,, hes more like whitten a pos rec te that finds ways to get open but hes not close to the speed of vernon davis,, so i think the giants can chip and bump gronkwski and not get burned deep like davis did,,,

what u guys think???

jgrangers11
01-23-2012, 09:22 AM
He definitely won't burn us deep. In fact, there isn't a player on the Patriots that really scares me with the deep ball. But that's not how they beat you. They really efficiently move the ball up and down the field 10 yards at a time.

Firenugget
01-23-2012, 09:22 AM
I think Gronkowskis size is his biggest weapon. Pats will be just as tough of a game as SF was. Might be more in an offensive way but it will be a battle.

bLuereverie
01-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Vernon is probably the fastest TE any team has ever faced in history. Both of his TDs were simply misplayed. Double dose of Aaron and Gronk with Brady throwing to them will be much more challenging.

LoveRack
01-23-2012, 09:27 AM
*I think Gronkowskis size is his biggest weapon. Pats will be just as tough of a game as SF was. Might be more in an offensive way but it will be a battle.

i agree,, but teams are afraid of chiping him and bumping him,, i do not think giants will be afraid,,, cuz its what they done to all these games vs whitten, finley, jets te, gonzalez and davis,, but davis had the speed to burn giants deep

miked1958
01-23-2012, 09:29 AM
*I think Gronkowskis size is his biggest weapon. Pats will be just as tough of a game as SF was. Might be more in an offensive way but it will be a battle.

Yes Davis fast but gronk is a Beast

LoveRack
01-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Vernon is probably the fastest TE any team has ever faced in history. Both of his TDs were simply misplayed. Double dose of Aaron and Gronk with Brady throwing to them will be much more challenging.

i agree they will both be tought,, but do not forget he hurt his ankle,, maybe that will slow him down,, but he has 2 weeks to recover

PatsFanNH
01-23-2012, 09:36 AM
I think Gronkowskis size is his biggest weapon. Pats will be just as tough of a game as SF was. Might be more in an offensive way but it will be a battle.

i agree,, but teams are afraid of chiping him and bumping him,, i do not think giants will be afraid,,, cuz its what they done to all these games vs whitten, finley, jets te, gonzalez and davis,, but davis had the speed to burn giants deep

lol did you see Gronk KNOCK Suggs on his butt? It isnt easy to chip Gronk. That said I think Hernandez is just as fast as Davis and he has a better QB throwing him the ball.

All said in my BIASED opinion the Patriots TE are a tougher matchup than Vernon Davis.

Firenugget
01-23-2012, 09:38 AM

lol did you see Gronk KNOCK Suggs on his butt? It isnt easy to chip Gronk. That said I think Hernandez is just as fast as Davis and he has a better QB throwing him the ball.

All said in my BIASED opinion the Patriots TE are a tougher matchup than Vernon Davis.

I agree, no question.

Zaggs
01-23-2012, 09:39 AM
It was just stupid coverage on Davis that allowed him to do so much. Rolle took a bad angle the first time and Phillips should have had coverage inside of davis, not outside.

Diamondring
01-23-2012, 09:47 AM
The Pats have the different type of deep ball. Wes is one of their deep man who can run after the catch and gain a good amount of yards.

LoveRack
01-23-2012, 09:48 AM

ok homer ill can somewhat agree thats its harder to chip gronkowski,, but I WILL NOT AGREE ON YOUR HOMER CALL THAT HERNANDEZ IS AS FAST AS DAVIS,, THATS BS,,, just because he took a handoff and ran it for 15 yards,, (basicly deff wasnt expecting it,, but now its on film),, that didnt make him faster te,, homer fans,,,

bLuereverie
01-23-2012, 09:53 AM

Hernandez is NO WHERE near as fast as Vernon. It's not even comparable.

LoveRack
01-23-2012, 09:56 AM

Hernandez is NO WHERE near as fast as Vernon. It's not even comparable.

agree

PatsFanNH
01-23-2012, 10:00 AM

ok homer ill can somewhat agree thats its harder to chip gronkowski,, but I WILL NOT AGREE ON YOUR HOMER CALL THAT HERNANDEZ IS AS FAST AS DAVIS,, THATS BS,,, just because he took a handoff and ran it for 15 yards,, (basicly deff wasnt expecting it,, but now its on film),, that didnt make him faster te,, homer fans,,,with amazing hands

Thats Fine I disagree, I seen Hernandez all year and he is lightning fast and seeing as I dont know their actual speeds hard tell.

And you HOMER fan dont know either.. lol love the name calling :P

That said

bLuereverie
01-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Vernon 40 yard speed = 4.38
Aaron 40 yard = 4.58

Killa4luv
01-23-2012, 10:08 AM

ok homer ill can somewhat agree thats its harder to chip gronkowski,, but I WILL NOT AGREE ON YOUR HOMER CALL THAT HERNANDEZ IS AS FAST AS DAVIS,, THATS BS,,, just because he took a handoff and ran it for 15 yards,, (basicly deff wasnt expecting it,, but now its on film),, that didnt make him faster te,, homer fans,,,with amazing hands

Thats Fine I disagree, I seen Hernandez all year and he is lightning fast and seeing as I dont know their actual speeds hard tell.

And you HOMER fan dont know either.. lol love the name calling :P

That said

OK lets put this to rest.

Vernon Davis is faster. Says their speeds at the combine. Davis ran a 4.38 40 and Hernandez ran a 4.64.

PatsFanNH
01-23-2012, 10:15 AM
ok stand corrected on 40 times, but correct me if I am wrong but isnt game speed different than a flat out run?

bLuereverie
01-23-2012, 10:18 AM
ok stand corrected on 40 times, but correct me if I am wrong but isnt game speed different than a flat out run?

Yes and Vernon is still flat out faster and stronger.

Ending the argument there, but Gronk/Aaron/Brady is still far more troublesome than Vernon/Walker/Smith.

PatsFanNH
01-23-2012, 10:28 AM

Yes and Vernon is still flat out faster and stronger.

Ending the argument there, but Gronk/Aaron/Brady is still far more troublesome than Vernon/Walker/Smith.

LOL ok, and dont forget Branch he is older but still a reliable target for Brady. All said and done, this SB should be amazing to watch. 9I as a fan just enjoying the ride because when BB and Brady retire **shudder** the baaad days may come back :(

bLuereverie
01-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Ryan Mallet goes deep to OchoCinco Jr!

giantsforce
01-23-2012, 11:31 AM

i agree,, but teams are afraid of chiping him and bumping him,, i do not think giants will be afraid,,, cuz its what they done to all these games vs whitten, finley, jets te, gonzalez and davis,, but davis had the speed to burn giants deepI hope you are right because in both TD's Davis was not bumped at the line but he was allowed to run free. The first one was really bad because they just had Rolle on him at the line and Rolle let him just run by him with no bump. The second one It was the same situation at the line of scrimmage, but at the end the safety just did not get there in time.