PDA

View Full Version : Brady's legacy if he loses to Eli again in superbowl!!

BigBlueFanNJ
01-23-2012, 09:29 AM
I have always had mixed feelings about Brady. I used to like him then I hated him, now I dislike him but grudgingly respect what he has done as a player!!

What effect would a Giant super bowl win have on either QB's legacy does it diminish Brady? Does it Elevate Eli?

I think Brady's legacy can survive the loss he has the super bowl wins already.

but i feel this could be what elevates Eli to HOF status!!!

PatsFanNH
01-23-2012, 09:43 AM
For ELI:

If he plays well and he WINS the game for them then he gets elevated to Elite/HOF status, if they win the game like they did 4 years ago because of an amazing Defense and ONE lucky drive he is considered just a decent QB with a great D. (His brother with your D and WR would be unstoppable.)

Brady:

IMO doea nothing to his legacy if he loses, in 10 years as a starter he been to 6 AFCCG and 5 SB with 3 SB wins and 2 SB MVP's. If he WINS the SB he has 4 SB victories (tied for most with Bradshaw) with 5 appearances (tied with Elway) IMO he have be considered GOAT. (IF they win because of him and not like yesterday in spite of him lol)

Giantsin04
01-23-2012, 09:55 AM
For ELI:

If he plays well and he WINS the game for them then he gets elevated to Elite/HOF status, if they win the game like they did 4 years ago because of an amazing Defense and ONE lucky drive he is considered just a decent QB with a great D. (His brother with your D and WR would be unstoppable.)

Brady:

IMO doea nothing to his legacy if he loses, in 10 years as a starter he been to 6 AFCCG and 5 SB with 3 SB wins and 2 SB MVP's. If he WINS the SB he has 4 SB victories (tied for most with Bradshaw) with 5 appearances (tied with Elway) IMO he have be considered GOAT. (IF they win because of him and not like yesterday in spite of him lol)

Have a game like last time and he'll be considered decent?? Seriously? So winning the SB MVP, holding the lombardi over his head as the great Patriots walk off the field with another L. The word decent would come to your mind??

trenken311
01-23-2012, 09:57 AM
A loss for Brady wouldnt do anything to him. He still has 3 SB wins and his numbers are still significantly better than Eli's.

I dont think anyone is realistically listing Eli over Brady anytime soon.

Brady is already a first ballot HOFer, and really deserves it. His legacy is already cemented. That cant be undone.

Killa4luv
01-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Eli is the MAIN reason we are in the SB. Even if he doesnt kill in the SB, and I suspect he will, he has to be considered elite. His arm got us here all year. We were the worst rushing team in the league, THE WORST!!!

I don't care who other feel about him. He has earned my respect. Yesterday he was getting whalloped all over the place and just got up and kept playing. Had presence of mind, was on the sidelines telling coughlin to call timeouts!

He's our season MVP. If he plays well in the superbowl, no one will ever be able to deny his elite status.

Killa4luv
01-23-2012, 10:00 AM
A loss for Brady wouldnt do anything to him. He still has 3 SB wins and his numbers are still significantly better than Eli's.

I dont think anyone is realistically listing Eli over Brady anytime soon.

Brady is already a first ballot HOFer, and really deserves it. His legacy is already cemented. That cant be undone.

This. even if he throws 4 ints Brady is what he is and his legacy is already there.

trenken311
01-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Eli is the MAIN reason we are in the SB. Even if he doesnt kill in the SB, and I suspect he will, he has to be considered elite. His arm got us here all year. We were the worst rushing team in the league, THE WORST!!!

I don't care who other feel about him. He has earned my respect. Yesterday he was getting whalloped all over the place and just got up and kept playing. Had presence of mind, was on the sidelines telling coughlin to call timeouts!

He's our season MVP. If he plays well in the superbowl, no one will ever be able to deny his elite status.

I cant imagine there's all that many people left outside of flat out haters that dont think he's elite. He's already proved it, he doesnt need a SB win to be considered among the best in the league.

Of course it would be nice, but the deal is already sealed, he's one of the best QBs in the league right now regardless of the SB.

Morehead State
01-23-2012, 10:02 AM
I have always had mixed feelings about Brady. I used to like him then I hated him, now I dislike him but grudgingly respect what he has done as a player!! What effect would a Giant super bowl win have on either QB's legacy does it diminish Brady? Does it Elevate Eli? I think Brady's legacy can survive the loss he has the super bowl wins already. but i feel this could be what elevates Eli to HOF status!!!</P>

Brady will be considered one of the top 3 QB's of all time, win or lose.</P>

trenken311
01-23-2012, 10:07 AM
People were putting Brady up there with Montana years ago after that 3rd win, and all he did after that was take them to the playoffs every year, and undefeated season, 2 more SB appearances and broke a bunch of more records.

Please, anyone that argues against this guys resume is just a clown. Obviously Im not a Pats fan or Brady, in fact I love to see them fail, but what's done is done, he's one of the all time best already. This game means nothing to that and a loss for him wont change it. It's still another SB appearance for him which does count for something even on top of everything he's done.

PatsFanNH
01-23-2012, 10:09 AM
For ELI:

Brady:

Have a game like last time and he'll be considered decent?? Seriously? So winning the SB MVP, holding the lombardi over his head as the great Patriots walk off the field with another L. The word decent would come to your mind??

He LIKE Brady (in '01) didnt deserve that MVP, it belonged to the defense PERIOD. The Giants Defense WON that SB not eli, just like in 01 the Pats D won that game and not Brady.(Mind you Brady deserved 2 anyways as he should have gotten the MVP in 04 and not branch lol)

And if you are being HONEST as a fan of FOOTBALL you would agree with me, his FIRST SB they won because of your D NOTHING More.

I also meant elite as in his brother,Brady,Brees area of ELite... not Big Ben, Romo ELITE.

Harooni
01-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Brady loses to tuck and the defense. QB's don't play each other. Because then people would say Eli loses to grossman. See how that doesn't sound right?

NJ10
01-23-2012, 10:34 AM
If Eli beats Brady in the Super Bowl for a second time there needs to be a discussion about who is the better QB

burier
01-23-2012, 10:36 AM
If Eli beats Brady in the Super Bowl for a second time there needs to be a discussion about who is the better QB

I agree.

One thing I'll say about Brady is, after watching him all these years I just don't think he could take a beatdown like Eli took and still make the throws that Eli made.

NJ10
01-23-2012, 10:38 AM
For ELI:

Brady:

IMO doea nothing to his legacy if he loses, in 10 years as a starter he been to 6 AFCCG and 5 SB with 3 SB wins and 2 SB MVP's. If he WINS the SB he has 4 SB victories (tied for most with Bradshaw) with 5 appearances (tied with Elway) IMO he have be
considered GOAT. (IF they win because of him and not like
yesterday in spite of him lol)

Wow Pats fan still bitter about 07'

NJ10
01-23-2012, 10:42 AM

I agree.

One thing I'll say about Brady is, after watching him all these years I just don't think he could take a beatdown like Eli took and still make the throws that Eli made.

Yes and that's saying alot because Tom is considered an all time great.

PatsFanNH
01-23-2012, 10:43 AM
For ELI:

Brady:

IMO doea nothing to his legacy if he loses, in 10 years as a starter he been to 6 AFCCG and 5 SB with 3 SB wins and 2 SB MVP's. If he WINS the SB he has 4 SB victories (tied for most with Bradshaw) with 5 appearances (tied with Elway) IMO he have be

Not really... I thought even Giant fans would agree was a lucky drive, But the Giants D had dominated that game and if it wasnt for the fact your D coordiantor had a brain cramp and called the dogs off and ALLOWED the Pats score on that TD drive that lucky drive never have been needed.

Like I said the D won the SB that year, I should know Pats had a dominating D for years I should be able recognize it when I see it :)

Morehead State
01-23-2012, 10:45 AM
For ELI:

Brady:

Wow Pats fan still bitter about 07'</P>

I'm still bitter about Flipper Anderson.</P>

I'm still bitter about losing to the Rams, week 14 in 1970.</P>

What's your point?</P>

NWKEffectElement
01-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Eli would then be Brady's daddy!

Kruunch
01-23-2012, 10:49 AM
I have always had mixed feelings about Brady. I used to like him then I hated him, now I dislike him but grudgingly respect what he has done as a player!!

What effect would a Giant super bowl win have on either QB's legacy does it diminish Brady? Does it Elevate Eli?

I think Brady's legacy can survive the loss he has the super bowl wins already.

but i feel this could be what elevates Eli to HOF status!!!

If Brady were to drop dead the second after the Giants win the Super Bowl, he'd be a first ballot HoF QB.

Having said that, winning more SBs obviously just adds to your legacy.

Eli is on a par with his brother as of right now ... winning a second super bowl will allow him to surpass his brother (at least in team accomplishment).

However if Peyton never played another down of football he'd be a first ballot HoF QB ... Eli wouldn't.

burier
01-23-2012, 10:50 AM
For ELI:

Brady:

Not really... I thought even Giant fans would agree was a lucky drive, But the Giants D had dominated that game and if it wasnt for the fact your D coordiantor had a brain cramp and called the dogs off and ALLOWED the Pats score on that TD drive that lucky drive never have been needed.

Like I said the D won the SB that year, I should know Pats had a dominating D for years I should be able recognize it when I see it :)

I seem to remember the Defense drinking Gatorade while Eli was taking the team down to score. You don't win games froms the sideline.

And I like your use of the word luck. What are you Pats fans gonna come up with this time to explain how you lost??

Patriots fans can't take an L.

PatsFanNH
01-23-2012, 10:51 AM
My Point is simple:

If ELI plays his 2nd SB appearance like Brady did he will be elevated to the ELITE rankings (elite as in Brady,P Manning,Brees status) If the gmen win because of the d (which FYI is how the Pats won their first SB) and need a LOT of breaks (ie dropped INT, ELI making like hudini through 4 defenders, and a wr using his helmet catch the ball) then Eli stays in the Big Ben,Romo elite status. He still a good QB but one needs his D to win.. Say UNLIKE his brother who has never had a D like ELi has.

Kruunch
01-23-2012, 10:53 AM
My Point is simple:

If ELI plays his 2nd SB appearance like Brady did he will be elevated to the ELITE rankings (elite as in Brady,P Manning,Brees status) If the gmen win because of the d (which FYI is how the Pats won their first SB) and need a LOT of breaks (ie dropped INT, ELI making like hudini through 4 defenders, and a wr using his helmet catch the ball) then Eli stays in the Big Ben,Romo elite status. He still a good QB but one needs his D to win.. Say UNLIKE his brother who has never had a D like ELi has.

Dude I love the Pats ... I think they're a great organization led by the greatest head coach in NFL history.

Having said that, there was NOTHING lucky about us beating the Pats in 2007.

We stomped you OUT!

And that included with brand new versions of "The Drive" and "The Catch".

PatsFanNH
01-23-2012, 10:55 AM
For ELI:

Brady:

I seem to remember the Defense drinking Gatorade while Eli was taking the team down to score. You don't win games froms the sideline.

And I like your use of the word luck. What are you Pats fans gonna come up with this time to explain how you lost??

I said the DRIVE was lucky, the Giants deserved to win that SB because they dominated the game for all but like 2 minutes. If the Pats had WON that game would have been the gmen

Markroman
01-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Brady is a great HOF QB but, also benefitted from his team's overall calibre much like Terry Bradshaw with the Steelers.

Eli's legacy is his playoff numbers and they speak for themselves.

Mark

burier
01-23-2012, 11:06 AM
For ELI:

Brady:

I said the DRIVE was lucky, the Giants deserved to win that SB because they dominated the game for all but like 2 minutes.* If the Pats had WON that game would have been the gmen

That's the thing. There was no luck involved. People made plays.

If you wanna talk about luck lets talk about the Tuck Rule. That was luck,

Lets talk about how the Pats have gotten to play in a historically soft division which has luckily allowed them to achieve favorable playoff positioning year after year,

Brady's pretty lucky that he has an offensive line that lets him stand around and basically play catch in most games because lord knows he's no top 3 Quarterback when he's under pressure.

I think it's pretty lucky for the Pats that they just so happen to amass 3 Superbowl rings while cheating before anyone said anything about it.

gumby742
01-23-2012, 11:26 AM
My Point is simple:

</P>

Disagree. Eli has shown this year and in 2009 that he can carry the team on his shoulders to victory. I also disagree that Romo is in the same category as Ben. So, I really see it as 3 tiers. Ben has one all to himself, mainly because he's not quite at the level of Brees, Brady, and Peyton but yet he has all these rings. If Eli wins another he will vault himself into Ben's level.</P>

I realize that people are only just starting to see how good Eli actually can be and that Eli's inconsistent past is still haunting him, but if he wins another SB, he's a winner plain and simple. You can attribute 1 SB win as luck or the beneficiary of a good D, etc. But 2 SB wins and it's not a fluke anymore.</P>

PatsFanNH
01-23-2012, 11:33 AM
@gymby742

wish their was a like button for post because yours hits it pretty dead on.

Also agree maybe I shouldn't put romo in the same class as Ben.. I was just trying point out Eli is right now ELITE.. but he isn't among the UBER(?) Elite yet?

I don't see enough Giants games to say how Eli has improved just that every time the Giants and Pats play eachother seems be a close 1 score game.. I expect the same in the SB.. (forgive me as I hope the point is moot and Brady &amp; co get ring #4 :P