PDA

View Full Version : Where are my Tynes haters??

TrueBlue07
01-23-2012, 10:45 AM
Come on! Lets hear how the FG was a chip shot and he sucks.

I need a good laugh this AM.

bansaw
01-23-2012, 10:48 AM
I know I got RoanokeFan to stop hating him so there's hope for the rest

gumby742
01-23-2012, 10:50 AM
As one of his biggest haters, he's been definitely pulling his weight this season. His past of missing easy FGs still gets me nervous though.

Firenugget
The FG was a chip shot and he sucks.

You asked for it.[:D]

ryan12
eating a big piece of crow pie.... and it taste's like....... superbowl

Redeyejedi

Baltimores Kicker missed that same FG attempt .Did he say he dreamt he kicked it from 42 or 32 in that interview he did

Diamondring
01-23-2012, 10:51 AM
I know... where are you you you you you Tynes haters?

bansaw
01-23-2012, 10:56 AM
I know... where are you you you you you Tynes haters?season isnt over

go away, your word

TrueBlue07
01-23-2012, 11:00 AM
hahaha I am just busting some balls. Even though I do think the Tynes-hate is crazy, today is not a day for snark. WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!

bigblue58
01-23-2012, 11:06 AM

It was a chip shot and he sucks!
He didn't make it into the end zone on a kick 0ff once the entire game!
I'm not showering him with praise just because he was gifted a chip shot to hit. Weatherford did all the hard work handling the low snap and setting it up perfectly for Tynes.
I applaud him for making it, but let's not get ridiculous with the accolades.

TrueBlue07
01-23-2012, 11:22 AM
His kick offs were bad, that I can admit.

Because I judge Tynes objectively.

Unfortunately his haters do not.

bansaw
01-23-2012, 11:25 AM

I'm not showering him with praise just because he was gifted a chip shot to hit. Weatherford did all the hard work handling the low snap and setting it up perfectly for Tynes.
I applaud him for making it, but let's not get ridiculous with the accolades.franchise record for consecutive PATs hasnt missed since 07

83 % as a Giant for FGs - we all love Matt Bahr who was a 75% kicker for the Giants

burier
01-23-2012, 11:27 AM
Whoohoo!! The kicker can make a 31 yard kick. Someone get that man a cookie!

Diamondring
01-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Whoohoo!! The kicker can make a 31 yard kick. Someone get that man a cookie!Yeah but there was another kicker who missed the same fieldgoal at almost the same distance.

hungrrrry
01-23-2012, 11:30 AM
You can't say Tynes doesn't make you nervous...you just can't!

When we got that delay of game penalty, I bet 75 - 100% of us thought "uhoh"

I was!

bigblue58
01-23-2012, 11:35 AM

I applaud him for making it, but let's not get ridiculous with the accolades.franchise record for consecutive PATs hasnt missed since 07

83 % as a Giant for FGs - we all love Matt Bahr who was a 75% kicker for the Giants

You can't even compare the two dude..cmon man! Bahr had to play 8 games in the swirling winds of the old Giants stadium, and we loved him because more times than not, he had those winds figured out better than visiting kickers AND better than Tynes the short time he had to kick there!

ryan12
01-23-2012, 11:36 AM

I was!

i almost puked when that happend

TroyArcher
01-23-2012, 11:40 AM
I like Tynes but I would like a kicker who can kick the ball deep on kickoffs. Akers was kicking 20 yards further than Tynes yesterday.

TrueBlue07
01-23-2012, 11:40 AM

I was!

That's what the Tynes haters don't get. Just because you FEEL something, doesn't mean it has any truth to it. If you look at the facts he is a solid kicker. He is not great, he is not "elite", but he gets the job done. The statistics do not support the hate he gets around here.

You can argue "feel" all day, you cannot argue the stats.

As for the smart *** "woohoo he made a 31 yard field goal" snark.........go say that to a Ravens fan today, see how they react.

Razur
01-23-2012, 11:41 AM

I was!

He isnt putting the ball into the end zone on kick off..You can NOT give Brady short field .

I had no absolute faith he would make that field goal....He made it...we all breathed a sigh of releif..especially Tynes...he needs to work that power slam...NO RETURN...

LT_was_good
01-23-2012, 11:43 AM

I was!

EXACTLY! I love Tynes, how could I not love a kicker who's kicked us into the Super Bowl TWICE, but man he makes me nervous sometimes. Plus Akers showed him up big time on kickoffs.

BillTheGreek
01-23-2012, 11:44 AM

You can't even compare the two dude..cmon man! Bahr had to play 8 games in the swirling winds of the old Giants stadium, and we loved him because more times than not, he had those winds figured out better than visiting kickers AND better than Tynes the short time he had to kick there! I know its a Blue Monday for 49er Fans ..but I know it's A BIG BLUE Monday for all Giant Fans ! I would like to see V.davis,& Ray Rice as back ups for the Giants , I like Jacobs,but he has to learn to run on the outside hes not getting it done in the middle,

bansaw
01-23-2012, 11:46 AM
cant bring the returner down INSIDE the 20 if its a touchback

TrueBlue07
01-23-2012, 11:46 AM

I was!

He isnt putting the ball into the end zone on kick off..You can NOT give Brady short field .

I had no absolute faith he would make that field goal....He made it...we all breathed a sigh of releif..especially Tynes...he needs to work that power slam...NO RETURN...

Prime example...

Tynes is 16th in the league in touchbacks. Is that great? No, it's literally middle of the pack. When you factor in he kicks outdoors, in a windy stadium, that's not worthy of the crap he takes for it. CLEARLY he was kicking very deliberately yesterday due to the surface he was kicking on. I would bet anything he will be putting the ball in the endzone in the super bowl.

swimeasy
01-23-2012, 11:51 AM

I was!

Absolutely this!! Started reaching for the maalox.

Gav_devils#56
01-23-2012, 12:05 PM
cant bring the returner down INSIDE the 20 if its a touchback

this, his kicks this week had a lot more height on them. seen him get plenty of touchbacks in previous games so this seemed like a strategic decision to me

Ruttiger711
01-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Never hated Tynes.. but i will also NEVER say "oh he's got this one - easy"</P>

</P>

NWKEffectElement
01-23-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm still not impressed.

TrueBlue07
01-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Never hated Tynes.. but i will also NEVER say "oh he's got this one - easy"</p>

</p>

agreed. But the point is, isn't that the case for 97% of kickers out there?

Razur
01-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Never hated Tynes.. but i will also NEVER say "oh he's got this one - easy"</p>

*</p>

I think the bottom line , as you are seeing, is that Tynes is adequate, but does not have the overall confidence of most Giants fans as a clutch kicker. He's what we have now, and is expected to give this team every chance at winning. We should be looking for another option in the draft maybe? If medocrity is the norm as you imply, then we should look for somebody on the ascending trend of that curve, not settling for an aging declining kicker.

DemandedAce
01-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Still hate him still want him gone. Plenty of kickers can make the kick that you're revering him for, just so happens his making it sent us to the Super Bowl. Congrats to him and everything but I don't trust him, am I the only one that saw him just about shank that PAT and then proceed with awful kickoffs yesterday?

Ruttiger711
01-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Never hated Tynes.. but i will also NEVER say "oh he's got this one - easy"</P>

</P>

</P>

possibly... but probably from 35-40+... with Tynes that's down to 25+ for me. </P>

burier
01-23-2012, 02:22 PM

I was!

That's what the Tynes haters don't get. Just because you FEEL something, doesn't mean it has any truth to it.* If you look at the facts he is a solid kicker.* He is not great, he is not "elite", but he gets the job done.* The statistics do not support the hate he gets around here.

As for the smart *** "woohoo he made a 31 yard field goal" snark.........go say that to a Ravens fan today, see how they react.

look man he missed three kicks in the conference championship. You call that getting it done?

He should have been replaced based on that performance alone so whatever kind of stats you wanna spin don't really work here since a kicker needs to be reliable.

We all feel nervous when he comes out it kick and its not because we're all psychotic. He misses too often.

Voldamort
01-23-2012, 02:29 PM
BIG KICK TYNES

OrangeGiant
01-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Tynes just makes me nervous. If he misses FG's, they tend to be the shorter ones for some reason. To me it is just baffling that he still can't kick the ball into the end zone consistently from the 35 yard line. I think just about every kicker in the NFL pretty much does that.</P>

He's made some big kicks for this team, that can't be denied. He's a good kicker, he just makes me nervous on the shorties and kickoffs.</P>

TrueBlue07
01-23-2012, 02:35 PM

I was!

That's what the Tynes haters don't get. Just because you FEEL something, doesn't mean it has any truth to it. If you look at the facts he is a solid kicker. He is not great, he is not "elite", but he gets the job done. The statistics do not support the hate he gets around here.

look man he missed three kicks in the conference championship. You call that getting it done?

He should have been replaced based on that performance alone so whatever kind of stats you wanna spin don't really work here since a kicker needs to be reliable.

We all feel nervous when he comes out it kick and its not because we're all psychotic. He misses too often.

Replaced by who? Since there are top 10 kickers out there that Reese has just decided he didn't want, who would you have replaced him with?

and I love the "what ever kind of stats you want to spin"...stats like.........touch backs? kicks attempted vs made ratio? Kicks under 40? Lol. And if by "spin" you mean, read...then yep, there is a ton of stat spinning going on there.

Fact remains, he is an above avg kicker, nothing more, nothing less. I said pages ago all you've got is "feel", nothing to back it up and no one has brought anything else to the discussion to say otherwise.

TrueBlue07
01-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Tynes just makes me nervous. If he misses FG's, they tend to be the shorter ones for some reason. To me it is just baffling that he still can't kick the ball into the end zone consistently from the 35 yard line. I think just about every kicker in the NFL pretty much does that.</p>

He's made some big kicks for this team, that can't be denied. He's a good kicker, he just makes me nervous on the shorties and kickoffs.</p>

again...he's 16th in the league at touch backs. and look at the top 10 of the list, it's mostly guys who kick in domes, warm weather, or denver.

I am absolutely convinced 98% of the people who hate him haven't even taken 5 minutes to see how he stacks up with the rest of the league

OrangeGiant
01-23-2012, 02:54 PM
Tynes just makes me nervous. If he misses FG's, they tend to be the shorter ones for some reason. To me it is just baffling that he still can't kick the ball into the end zone consistently from the 35 yard line. I think just about every kicker in the NFL pretty much does that.</P>

He's made some big kicks for this team, that can't be denied. He's a good kicker, he just makes me nervous on the shorties and kickoffs.</P>

again...he's 16th in the league at touch backs. and look at the top 10 of the list, it's mostly guys who kick in domes, warm weather, or denver.

I am absolutely convinced 98% of the people who hate him haven't even taken 5 minutes to see how he stacks up with the rest of the league
</P>

Dude I far from hate him. I said he is a good kicker. He just didn't get his kickoffs into the end zone yesterday and it made things a bit hairy and gave the niners a shorter field which they did take advantage of. It wasn't the weather, as Akers didn't have that problem. </P>

TrueBlue07
01-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Tynes just makes me nervous. If he misses FG's, they tend to be the shorter ones for some reason. To me it is just baffling that he still can't kick the ball into the end zone consistently from the 35 yard line. I think just about every kicker in the NFL pretty much does that.</p>

He's made some big kicks for this team, that can't be denied. He's a good kicker, he just makes me nervous on the shorties and kickoffs.</p>

</p>

Dude I far from hate him. I said he is a good kicker. He just didn't get his kickoffs into the end zone yesterday and it made things a bit hairy and gave the niners a shorter field which they did take advantage of. It wasn't the weather, as Akers didn't have that problem. </p>

Obviously neither of us can say for sure since we are not Tynes, but you didn't notice he was being much more deliberate in his 5-10 steps up to the kick off? To me it looked like he was, but that's just my opinion. During the game I was annoyed he wasn't kicking them in to the endzone. That's when I decided to check out his season touchback #s and they are not bad. Akers is a monster, of course he was going to out kick Tynes. Even if you decide not to buy it, you have to admit there's a chance that the home kicker knows his turf better than Tynes, no?

OrangeGiant
01-23-2012, 03:11 PM

</P>

Dude I far from hate him. I said he is a good kicker. He just didn't get his kickoffs into the end zone yesterday and it made things a bit hairy and gave the niners a shorter field which they did take advantage of. It wasn't the weather, as Akers didn't have that problem. </P>

Obviously neither of us can say for sure since we are not Tynes, but you didn't notice he was being much more deliberate in his 5-10 steps up to the kick off? To me it looked like he was, but that's just my opinion. During the game I was annoyed he wasn't kicking them in to the endzone. That's when I decided to check out his season touchback #s and they are not bad. Akers is a monster, of course he was going to out kick Tynes. Even if you decide not to buy it, you have to admit there's a chance that the home kicker knows his turf better than Tynes, no?

</P>

Oh for sure and maybe that was the difference. And I have to admit I'm surprised Tynes ranks that high in touchbacks. Earlier in the year it seemed he was getting his kicks into the end zone more consistently. </P>

Like I said, he's made some big kicks for this team. Maybe the 2 biggest ever, other than Bahr's kick in 1990 to beat SF- again!</P>

G-Dawg92
01-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Not gonna lie, I thought he was gonna miss it...given the weather and all.

Tynes is.....idk, hard to say. I feel like he could be upgraded but I'm good if he stays...like I said, I just don't know what to think about him, lol.

burier
01-23-2012, 03:24 PM

I was!

That's what the Tynes haters don't get. Just because you FEEL something, doesn't mean it has any truth to it.* If you look at the facts he is a solid kicker.* He is not great, he is not "elite", but he gets the job done.* The statistics do not support the hate he gets around here.

Replaced by who? Since there are top 10 kickers out there that Reese has just decided he didn't want, who would you have replaced him with?

and I love the "what ever kind of stats you want to spin"...stats like.........touch backs? kicks attempted vs made ratio? Kicks under 40? Lol. And if by "spin" you mean, read...then yep, there is a ton of stat spinning going on there.

Fact remains, he is an above avg kicker, nothing more, nothing less.* I said pages ago all you've got is "feel", nothing to back it up and no one has brought anything else to the discussion to say otherwise.

we dont need to discuss kickoffs. He should be able to put it in the endzone consistently. If he does then he's not gonna wina nobel prize from me. That's what he's supposed to do.

He's also supposed to consistently make kicks. He gets his kicks blocked due to poor trajectory on the ball and his point blank misses kicks he should make.

As far as who should replace him...I'm sorry I don't have a bunch of placekickers on my speed dial but lets assume thats he's the best available kicker. Explain how that excuses his inconsistent kicking?

TrueBlue07
01-23-2012, 03:31 PM

I was!

Fact remains, he is an above avg kicker, nothing more, nothing less. I said pages ago all you've got is "feel", nothing to back it up and no one has brought anything else to the discussion to say otherwise.

we dont need to discuss kickoffs. He should be able to put it in the endzone consistently. If he does then he's not gonna wina nobel prize from me. That's what he's supposed to do.

He's also supposed to consistently make kicks. He gets his kicks blocked due to poor trajectory on the ball and his point blank misses kicks he should make.

As far as who should replace him...I'm sorry I don't have a bunch of placekickers on my speed dial but lets assume thats he's the best available kicker. Explain how that excuses his inconsistent kicking?

That is the point. He ISN'T inconsistent when you consider the other kickers around the league. Show me the stats that say he is. Don't tell me how he makes you feel. The stats simply don't back up the way he is spoken of on the MB's. Saying he could be replaced by someone better is obvious, and unnecessary in my opinion. A LOT of this roster COULD be replaced by someone better at his position. You could replace Webster with Revis, that doesn't mean Webster sucks.

burier
01-23-2012, 03:36 PM

I was!

Fact remains, he is an above avg kicker, nothing more, nothing less.* I said pages ago all you've got is "feel", nothing to back it up and no one has brought anything else to the discussion to say otherwise.

That is the point. He ISN'T inconsistent when you consider the other kickers around the league.* Show me the stats that say he is.* Don't tell me how he makes you feel.* The stats simply don't back up the way he is spoken of on the MB's.* Saying he could be replaced by someone better is obvious, and unnecessary in my opinion.* A LOT of this roster COULD be replaced by someone better at his position.* You could replace Webster with Revis, that doesn't mean Webster sucks.

The reason Tynes sucks is he misses. He may not have the worst hit/miss ratio in the league but he misses when should make.

All I want is a kicker who makes his kicks.

Remeber Brad Daluiso? Not only did he consistently get touchbacks but he was basically automatic inside 50 yards and he was clutch.

And he never got any accolades because he's a kicker and thats what a kicker is supposed to do.

TrueBlue07
01-23-2012, 03:43 PM

I was!

That is the point. He ISN'T inconsistent when you consider the other kickers around the league. Show me the stats that say he is. Don't tell me how he makes you feel. The stats simply don't back up the way he is spoken of on the MB's. Saying he could be replaced by someone better is obvious, and unnecessary in my opinion. A LOT of this roster COULD be replaced by someone better at his position. You could replace Webster with Revis, that doesn't mean Webster sucks.

The reason Tynes sucks is he misses. He may not have the worst hit/miss ratio in the league but he misses when should make.

All I want is a kicker who makes his kicks.

Remeber Brad Daluiso? Not only did he consistently get touchbacks but he was basically automatic inside 50 yards and he was clutch.

And he never got any accolades because he's a kicker and thats what a kicker is supposed to do.

This is where my debate with the anti-Tynes crowd always hits a brick wall.

I'll ask again, you say he is inconsistent and he misses, show me the numbers that prove your case. If it's true, it should be easy no? The body of work that you're unhappy with should make up hits stats so lets see 'em!

NJGIANTinNC
01-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Right here !

I will give him props for the 07 game winner.

But I cant stand his kicking.
High School kickers at least make it inside the 5

He has no leg.
I have not watched him kick a field goal in two seasons-
zero confidence outside of extrapoints

I dont understand how he has hung around this long.

That being said. I hope he is not needed to win it in the superbowl. I may have a heart attack before the kick.

burier
01-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Since he's been a Giant he's only 10 of 16 in the 30-39 yard range witch I personally find unacceptable since the 30-39 yard range is the gimmie range IMO.

And in 50 plus range (The range where a kicker earns his money) he's been only 50%

then you consider how untimely his misses have been (3 shots to kicks the Giants into the SB) you start to get an idea of how some fans are annoyed with him.

Its not about raw stats

SF4986
01-23-2012, 03:53 PM
As a Niner fan, I hate him quite a bit right now ;) Does that count? Good clutch kick on his part and great job by his holder getting that snap in place.

TrueBlue07
01-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Since he's been a Giant he's only 10 of 16 in the 30-39 yard range witch I personally find unacceptable since the 30-39 yard range is the gimmie range IMO.

And in 50 plus range (The range where a kicker earns his money) he's been only 50%

then you consider how untimely his misses have been (3 shots to kicks the Giants into the SB) you start to get an idea of how some fans are annoyed with him.

Its not about raw stats

He doesn't have a strong leg, I don't think anyone would argue that. Beyond that the numbers you reference are average, which has always been at least my argument.

As for untimely misses, there was the NFCCG, in terrible kicking conditions. You can't dismiss the conditions of the game, and that is the only "big miss" he had, where he still holds the record for playoff FG made