PDA

View Full Version : The Problem of R-E-S-P-E-C-T

NobodyMan
01-23-2012, 09:51 AM
I fear we're not going to sneak up on the Pats like we did in 2007. They didn't respect us at all - all game they kept going for the Randy Moss homerun, and we kepts slaughtering their o-line. They didn't give it up until 10 minutes to go, and then they got real effective with the Welker and Kevin Faulk stuff. Exposed our weakness at linebacker.

If you go back to that game, you can see they are just waiting the whole time to bomb us. The fumble that Tuck caused right before halftime was very close to being a TD to Moss - when Brady reached back to heave it, Tuck got him.

I worry that the Pats are smart. They aren't going to do a silly reverse screen pass on the first play of the game, and they aren't going to keep thinking we're not good enough to stay with them. They will focus on the intermediate passing game and adjust more during the game. Brady will get the ball out FAST and throw it away more. They will play smarter because they will respect us more.

But I think we'll still win. I'm counting on Fewell throwing in some wrinkles - like zone blitzes, etc. - that we've seen very little of this year. And I'm hoping Bernard, Joseph, Canty and do what Robbins, Alford and Cofield did in SuperBowl 42. They were our unsung heroes in that game - complete destroyed New England's ability to run.

CTLadyBlue
01-23-2012, 09:56 AM
If you watched the Pats/Ravens game yesterday, the Ravens almost won it - if that receiver didn't get the ball poked out of his arm in the end zone. And of course, that missed FG which would've tied it.

I wonder if you'll hear about the Pats getting 'lucky breaks' like the Giants are getting