PDA

View Full Version : Victor Cruz may be.....

Morehead State
01-23-2012, 10:54 AM
......the single easiest player to root for that I have ever seen.</P>

Not just his great play. But his attitude and appreciation to be an NFL player, and now to be going to a super bowl.</P>

He won the hearts of Giants fans forever with his refusal to celebrate 2 TD's in NO when we were getting beaten badly. And what a game yesterday.</P>

The guy has a great story andhis Cinderella like performance will make him an unforgettable Giant. Its just impossible not to love the guy.</P>

Just my 2 cents worth.</P>

bLuereverie
01-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Even if you know nothing about the kid, he's just out in the field playing backyard football. A lot of fun to watch from any team.

trenken311
01-23-2012, 10:59 AM
He's a smart guy and total class act. You dont see him celebrating first downs when the are behind, like Santonio Holmes does. He never fights with other players, and he's not a typical NFL thug acting like a showpony ahole all the time.

He's the example of what you should be, and deserves all the success he's getting. Just a shame his father wasnt able to see it.

SweetZombieJesus
01-23-2012, 10:59 AM
When they won he jumped up and down like a 5 year old on Christmas morning. In a good way.

Pakman
01-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Cruz has some of the best hands on the team
I thought he was going to make that catch on 3rd down on the final drive of the 4th quarter.

Very happy Steve Smith left

GMENAGAIN
01-23-2012, 11:23 AM

Not just his great play. But his attitude and appreciation to be an NFL player, and now to be going to a super bowl.</P>

<FONT size=5>He won the hearts of Giants fans forever with his refusal to celebrate 2 TD's in NO when we were getting beaten badly.</FONT> And what a game yesterday.</P>

The guy has a great story andhis Cinderella like performance will make him an unforgettable Giant. Its just impossible not to love the guy.</P>

</P>

I loved that . . . . in this age of the knuckleheaded receivers (see Steve Johnson) it's nice to know that we have one of the few who gets it . . . . </P>

bLuereverie
01-23-2012, 11:25 AM
I bet no one is upset he won't be playing in Hawaii this upcoming Sunday now.

Kruunch
01-23-2012, 11:25 AM

Not just his great play.* But his attitude and appreciation to be an NFL player, and now to be going to a super bowl.</P>

He won the hearts of Giants fans forever with his refusal to celebrate 2 TD's in NO when we were getting beaten badly.* And what a game yesterday.</P>

The guy has a great story and*his Cinderella like performance will make him an unforgettable Giant.* Its just impossible not to love the guy.</P>

Absolutely agree ... he's been amazing on the field and a class act off the field.

Hope we lock him up forever.

Harooni
01-23-2012, 11:32 AM
The offense just wasnt the same when he came out towards the end and Jennings was In. Cruz is a special star player. And is on the same page as Eli.

sideline sneek
01-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Agreed. Nothing synthetic here. Heseems to showcasehis talents every game.

MikeIsaGiant
01-23-2012, 11:34 AM
I'm kind of jealous.... my girlfriend seems too fond of him and she doesn't know anything about football.

Cruz is a beast. The heart of the giants

Tony Bruno
01-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Steve Smith who??? I dont know who I like more Cruz or JPP... These two guys are game changers and I give them much credit, respect and props!!!!

Burgermiesta
01-23-2012, 11:36 AM
the best player in the NFL that no one heard about 6 months ago; except Giant Fans!

Tony Bruno
01-23-2012, 11:38 AM
The offense just want the same when he came out towards the end and Jennings was In. Cruz is a special star player. And is on the same page as Eli.

LOL picture I said last night pretty much sums Eli up...

He got ROCKED, looked like a hot mess but still had the presence to get the TO called and then you could see his face like "dang that hurt"!!!

LT_was_good
01-23-2012, 11:39 AM
The offense just want the same when he came out towards the end and Jennings was In. Cruz is a special star player. And is on the same page as Eli.

Love the sig. That image cracked me up last night.

Cruz was one of the first guys I noticed celebrating after the win, I think he'll be fun during Super Bowl week. Of course the first guy I noticed was Tynes screaming (could read his lips) "something bleepity bleep Super Bowl!"

TuckYou
01-23-2012, 11:40 AM
I agree. But you know who I thought was the easiest to root for before this season? STEVE SMITH 12. Yeah, SS12 was a great personality, a great player, and a great human being. He made a mistake and now is paying dearly for it.

BigBlue1971
01-23-2012, 11:43 AM

He won the hearts of Giants fans forever with his refusal to celebrate 2 TD's in NO when we were getting beaten badly. And what a game yesterday.</P>

</P>

</P>

its amazing to me how a 2nd year player 1st year on the field can gain the support and confidence of his star qb.</P>

Cruz is a primary reason for the Giants success late in the season and the playoffs. i expect Cruz to be a Giant for the rest of his hopefully long career.</P>

bLuereverie
01-23-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm kind of jealous.... my girlfriend seems too fond of him and she doesn't know anything about football.

Cruz is a beast. The heart of the giants

He's wifed up and fathered up. Helluva year for this kid.

nygsb42champs
01-23-2012, 12:20 PM
He seems like a great young kid who has his head on straight. Lets hope he keeps it that way.

Providence
01-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Agreed Morehead, he is easy to love. Talented, level headed, appreciative of his situation, team-oriented, etc.

Who would have thought that just 5 months ago we were scared that Eli lost his best go-to receiver? Wow.

Keep it up Cruuuuuuuuuuz!

M0rbid
01-23-2012, 12:32 PM
It must suc* to be Steve Smith right now.......

aMies
01-23-2012, 12:45 PM
He's so well spoken too for such a young player. I'm seriously impressed with the kid. He is clutch, he is professional, he is a class act and he has the passion that I love. To see him run around the field like it was Christmas morning was amazing to see.

MattMeyerBud
01-23-2012, 12:48 PM
......the single easiest player to root for that I have ever seen.</p>

Not just his great play. But his attitude and appreciation to be an NFL player, and now to be going to a super bowl.</p>

He won the hearts of Giants fans forever with his refusal to celebrate 2 TD's in NO when we were getting beaten badly. And what a game yesterday.</p>

The guy has a great story andhis Cinderella like performance will make him an unforgettable Giant. Its just impossible not to love the guy.</p>

Just my 2 cents worth.</p>

i agree

MattMeyerBud
01-23-2012, 12:49 PM
honestly --- who the hell doesn't scream CRRRRUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZ at their TV screen after everytime he does something

aMies
01-23-2012, 12:59 PM
honestly --- who the hell doesn't scream CRRRRUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZ at their TV screen after everytime he does something

I get the biggest kick out of it during away games when the cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz chants are louder than the fans of the home team. They were loud in Green Bay and REALLY loud in San Fran.

Roosevelt
01-23-2012, 01:03 PM

Not just his great play. But his attitude and appreciation to be an NFL player, and now to be going to a super bowl.</p>

He won the hearts of Giants fans forever with his refusal to celebrate 2 TD's in NO when we were getting beaten badly. And what a game yesterday.</p>

The guy has a great story andhis Cinderella like performance will make him an unforgettable Giant. Its just impossible not to love the guy.</p>

Absolutely agree. He's an amazing guy.

I've never been into TD celebrations before, but his I love. And like you said, he's smart enough to know when it's not appropriate.

BigBlue121
01-23-2012, 01:03 PM
He's a smart guy and total class act. You dont see him celebrating first downs when the are behind, like Santonio Holmes does. He never fights with other players, and he's not a typical NFL thug acting like a showpony ahole all the time.

He's the example of what you should be, and deserves all the success he's getting. Just a shame his father wasnt able to see it. But we have one of those on our team his name is BRANDON JACOBS....i will not miss him. A monster of a man that plays like a girl

sc_markt
01-23-2012, 02:21 PM

Not just his great play.* But his attitude and appreciation to be an NFL player, and now to be going to a super bowl.</P>

He won the hearts of Giants fans forever with his refusal to celebrate 2 TD's in NO when we were getting beaten badly.* And what a game yesterday.</P>

The guy has a great story and*his Cinderella like performance will make him an unforgettable Giant.* Its just impossible not to love the guy.</P>

+1

GiantWarfare
01-23-2012, 02:22 PM

+1

most definitely

jints10
01-23-2012, 02:39 PM

Excellent post, Cruz is a very humble young man......very refreshing to see especially in this day and age.

yatitle
01-23-2012, 02:45 PM

Cruz convinced me of his character when he turned down Dancing With The Stars. In a society where everyone is searching for their "15 minutes of fame" the kid had enough sense to realize it wasn't the right time and would distract from what the ultimate "team" goal was. I saw people comment how he was foolish for not cashing in on his celebrity when he had a chance. Good for him.

Kruunch
01-23-2012, 02:47 PM

Not just his great play.* But his attitude and appreciation to be an NFL player, and now to be going to a super bowl.</p>

He won the hearts of Giants fans forever with his refusal to celebrate 2 TD's in NO when we were getting beaten badly.* And what a game yesterday.</p>

The guy has a great story and*his Cinderella like performance will make him an unforgettable Giant.* Its just impossible not to love the guy.</p>

Cruz convinced me of his character when he turned down Dancing With The Stars.* In a society where everyone is searching for their "15 minutes of fame" the kid had enough sense to realize it wasn't the right time and would distract from what the ultimate "team" goal was.* I saw people comment how he was foolish for not cashing in on his celebrity when he had a chance.* Good for him.

+1

Totally agree ... I was very impressed with him turning down DWTS.

Although I think a lot of the decision was due to him just having a baby this year.

simms56
01-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Hard not to love a well spoken, intelligent guy that plays with such heart. Eli trusts him already as much as he has ever trusted anyone and that is huge. There is just something about an undrafted player from a non-football school that is great. I always root for those kinds of guys.

nyknstill!
01-23-2012, 02:49 PM
"If anyone were to break my record, I'm glad it was him, not some jerk" - Amani Toomer

logan9839
01-23-2012, 02:57 PM
I agree, was just rewatching the TD to Manningham, Cruz could not get there fast enough to congratulate him, then he turnaround and was high fiving Nicks. He is a classic teammate. By the way, Nicks is up there too!

sg92
01-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Great game from VC, and I felt that he showed a new side. We already know he can be a game breaker, but he was an invaluable possession receiver last night.

He was Eli's security blanket on 3rd down, very similar to what Steve Smith was a few years ago. Only he's better and less selfish than SS.

By all accounts he's a great guy. We are lucky he's a Giant.

I also loved hearing the fans scream "Cruuuzz" last night!

RoanokeFan
01-23-2012, 03:01 PM

He's the guy you want your daughter to marry [;)]

RoanokeFan
01-23-2012, 03:03 PM
I agree, was just rewatching the TD to Manningham, Cruz could not get there fast enough to congratulate him, then he turnaround and was high fiving Nicks. He is a classic teammate. By the way, Nicks is up there too!

Did you pick up what Cruz was telling Manningham? "I told you." My assumption is that during the game Cruz told Mario his time was coming due to the double teams on him and Nicks.

Ruttiger711
01-23-2012, 03:14 PM

Did you pick up what Cruz was telling Manningham? "I told you." My assumption is that during the game Cruz told Mario his time was coming due to the double teams on him and Nicks.
</P>

What i found "interesting" during all this is the endzone ref is HAWKING Cruz, Rio and Nicks to see if there was going to be some sort of excessive celebration so he could throw a flag. </P>

</P>

</P>

bgblucru5656
01-23-2012, 03:21 PM
i believe alot of people think this way. i dont know how many times i heard CRUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZ in green bay last week and in san fran yesterday. hes an all around excitement to watch. good feet and trusty hands. [li]