PDA

View Full Version : Baas=Horrible

sligoker
01-23-2012, 09:56 AM
I don't know if its injuries or that he is not good, but Baas was horrible (again) yesterday. He was consistently getting beat, and his snaps to Eli were consistently low. When he went out the Giants actually ran the ball with Boothe at center and Petrus taking his spot. They gave 13 days to prepare for New England, I would love to see a change. I don't see him holding up against Wolfork. Comments?

Warchild
01-23-2012, 10:09 AM
Who started at center when we played the Pats last time? I think it was Boothe?

BrianK
01-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Lot of board members on this board are way over critical of some of the players and coaches but sadly this thread is probably a little bit of an understatement Baas is putrid.

chuckedafter5yards
01-23-2012, 09:53 PM
He can very close to handing SF the game- when he is not hurt he is playing and that's scary.

repeatchamps
01-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Unless he is seriously injured and cannot suit up, there is no chance he will sit out this game in favor of a Boothe-Petrus combo, none.

JJC7301
01-23-2012, 09:55 PM
We seriously need to upgrade the o-line after this season. If they don't feel that Boothe can take over as center, then they need to bring in a totally new center.

titwio
01-23-2012, 09:57 PM
His holding call in the 4th quarter didn't make me like him more...

The guy is always getting nicked up and when he plays hasn't been anything special. Maybe he'll turn it around and get better but as of now it's looking like a bad signing.

egyptian420
01-23-2012, 10:02 PM
I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt (even though I've seen him screw up before) just because SF has the best front 7 in the league. Either way there is no chance he's not starting in this next game so it's not like we have a choice, lets just hope Wilfork doesn't destroy him.

Blue daddy
01-23-2012, 10:02 PM
What do you expect from x 49er center. I would of thought he would of came out with fire against his old team.

JJC7301
01-23-2012, 10:28 PM
He's not horrible, but there is a lot of room for improvement -- and that includes the entire o-line.

We need to get back to being one of the top running games in the league again. Combine that with our passing game, and it'll be lights out for the rest of the league.

PrideofNY
01-23-2012, 10:42 PM
I think he's got a lot of injuries. He's had times this year where he played very well, i.e. the Falcons game.

Look at this CBS rapid report:

"C David Baas (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/player/405851/david-baas)
didn’t even think about leaving the game after a helmet slammed into
his side, forcing him to sit out for a series. “Who are you talking to?”
asked Baas, who has had neck and head issues all year. “I’ve had worse
than that this year. Let’s just add this to the list.” Baas didn't
discuss the nature of his injury."

XxBigWhitxX
01-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Peter Konz......

Itlan
01-23-2012, 10:48 PM
How much did we guarantee him? Wondering how big the cap hit would be if we dropped him, which seems to be the best solution right now.

We have too many FAs and he's not contributing.

FishinTheSalt
01-23-2012, 10:54 PM
I was thinking to myself during the game, if boothe spends the offseaon snapping balls and working out, he could easily earn a starting job next season. He just has to want and work for it. He's close now.

perez201
01-23-2012, 11:11 PM
i thought our run game was much better when petrus and boothe were starting..i dont remember our pass protection suffering that much either

radar-ray
01-23-2012, 11:18 PM
I remember when he went to the sideline saying, great now Booth moves to center and Petrus comes in at guard, maybe we'll get some run game and better protection for Eli. Unfortunately Baas returned.

bflo23
01-23-2012, 11:41 PM
Every single snap was like a foot off the ground and I was so surprised that Eli didn't fumble or bobble any snaps especially with a wet ball. Very odd to see the Giants struggle so much in protecting Eli and running the ball last night. I know the 49ers have great D-line but it should have never been that bad for the Giants.

Snappinnecks
01-24-2012, 12:10 AM
After reading the O'hara / Barber SNY article I felt horrible for Shaun. He really wishes he was out on the field with the team. To be quite honest i don't see the upgrade Baas gives us over O'hara.

DragonSoul
01-24-2012, 12:13 AM
After reading the O'hara / Barber SNY article I felt horrible for Shaun. He really wishes he was out on the field with the team. To be quite honest i don't see the upgrade Baas gives us over O'hara.dont critique or you are not a true fan. We all need to sing kumbaya

Not my words btw.

vcruz2013
01-24-2012, 12:13 AM
Agreed, there needs to be some off-season acquisitions to spawn some competition among this o-line... Baas simply did not cut it.

Snappinnecks
01-24-2012, 12:14 AM
After reading the O'hara / Barber SNY article I felt horrible for Shaun. He really wishes he was out on the field with the team. To be quite honest i don't see the upgrade Baas gives us over O'hara.dont critique or you are not a true fan. We all need to sing kumbaya

Not my words btw.

Just saying for the amount of money we paid for him I thought he would have played better than he has.

DragonSoul
01-24-2012, 12:16 AM

Not my words btw.

Just saying for the amount of money we paid for him I thought he would have played better than he has.Same but for some reason when I brought it up, I'm a bad (or not a true)fan. Yet when I have mentioned this for more then half a season it was ok, but not today.

GreenZone
01-24-2012, 01:22 AM
I'm tired of the way Chris Canty and Michael Boley are playing. They kept getting hurt this year and looked pretty mediocre even when they were on the field...oh wait, this isnt 2009 any more. Must have got in a time warp for a moment.

My bad.

BTW, the stunningly observant point of this thread is brought to you by those same critics of Corey Webster after week #2 of 2007, your "what have you done for me lately, don't care a whit about injuries, gotta find someone to bash" viewpoint fans.

hellacheap
01-24-2012, 02:42 AM
mckenzie was getting beat all game tho off just a speed rush by a big DE....he was by far the worst up front on the line

calzonesays
01-24-2012, 03:07 AM
whats up with all the low snaps? does he think Eli is 5'5?