PDA

View Full Version : Lockout, Key Injuries, bad play-calling through most of season and Superbowl-bound

hungrrrry
01-23-2012, 11:19 AM
I was writing the season off during pre-season at times, especially after losing Goff, Hixon and T. Thomas as well as #1 draft pick Prince Amukamara...It felt as if the Giants were the least likely to to win a game not to mention get into the playoffs and yet we are going to the Superbowl.

Do I need to mention the horrible defensive scheming of Perry Fewell and the goofy plays from Gilbride during the majority of the regular season? Do I also need to mention we had probably the hardest schedule in the NFL?

Granted, these guys have a gaff now and then still but we are winning...and winning cures all ills.

I am ecstatic that this season has turned around 180 degrees for us.

Coughlin will be a Hall of famer as coach.

I was seeing the potential of some of these players who filled in or starred this season and thought that 2012 is going to be a much better year....can you imagine? Better than going to the Superbowl after such a rough season? I will be happy to see how it all works out for us next year when out IR'ed stars are back AND our team operating in a way it knows it can...now!

miked1958
01-23-2012, 11:25 AM
I was writing the season off during pre-season at times, especially after losing Goff, Hixon and T. Thomas as well as #1 draft pick Prince Amukamara...It felt as if the Giants were the least likely to to win a game not to mention get into the playoffs and yet we are going to the Superbowl.

Do I need to mention the horrible defensive scheming of Perry Fewell and the goofy plays from Gilbride during the majority of the regular season? Do I also need to mention we had probably the hardest schedule in the NFL?

Granted, these guys have a gaff now and then still but we are winning...and winning cures all ills.

I am ecstatic that this season has turned around 180 degrees for us.

Coughlin will be a Hall of famer as coach.

I was seeing the potential of some of these players who filled in or starred this season and thought that 2012 is going to be a much better year....can you imagine? Better than going to the Superbowl after such a rough season? I will be happy to see how it all works out for us next year when out IR'ed stars are back AND our team operating in a way it knows it can...now!
Wow..good post

BigBlue1971
01-23-2012, 11:30 AM
i never really wrote the season off even with the injuries and all. i always hoped and thought we would be in the thick of the nfce race!</P>

overall i thought Gilbride done an adequate job. sometimes i hated him cuz he seemed to call the wrong plays at the wrong time.</P>

Fewell was always my primary concern expecially after he lost 1st team players for the season, Tuck and Osi erratic and the secondary which gave up huge plays.</P>

today i can see the Giants were persistent in what they wanted to do. thats working out well at this point and i believe they will keep that same attitude for one more game. </P>

anything can happen in the playoffs and theres no better example than the New York Giants!</P>