PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jacobs finished as Giant.

Hooligans
01-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Congrats to Eli, Victor, Bradhsaw and the rest of the Giants for a fantastic Super Bowl run.......but Brandon Jacobs is a total stiff and has to go. The guy is worthless and not even good for short yardage. Time to cut him loose and bring in a REAL running back to go along with Ahmad Bradshaw.

TroyArcher
01-23-2012, 11:42 AM
He is very inconsistent. It seems sometimes he is just not that motivated. I have a feeling he will have a good SuperBowl.

MikeIsaGiant
01-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Agreed IMO, this SB mighr be his last game... as much as I liked him thus far, I don't think he can handle much more

GMENAGAIN
01-23-2012, 11:44 AM
It's amazing to me that someone would start a thread like this the day after we win the NFC Championsip game . . . .

Harooni
01-23-2012, 11:45 AM
I like him also. He just isn't the every down back he thinks he is. He thinks he can run sweeps and counters. But ends up looking like the tip toed burglar.

North and south he can do some damage.

JimC
01-23-2012, 11:46 AM
He is very inconsistent. It seems sometimes he is just not that motivated. I have a feeling he will have a good SuperBowl.

I'm sorry but we have to stop "feeling" that BJ can pick up a 3rd and 1. Every time I see him come in in a short yardage situation, I throw up in my mouth. I really, really, really don't want to see him on the field.

MikeIsaGiant
01-23-2012, 11:47 AM
He is very inconsistent.* It seems sometimes he is just not that motivated. I have a feeling he will have a good SuperBowl.

I'm sorry but we have to stop "feeling" that BJ can pick up a 3rd and 1.* Every time I see him come in in a short yardage situation, I throw up in my mouth.* I really, really, really don't want to see him on the field.

2 BIG WORDS - MICHAEL BUSH.

G-Man67
01-23-2012, 11:47 AM
ha, i love it, of all the range of emotions and thoughts i had after the game ... not a one was, hmmm, let's try to think of who might not be on the team next year ... thank you for a very positive post!!!

MattMeyerBud
01-23-2012, 11:48 AM
It's amazing to me that someone would start a thread like this the day after we win the NFC Championsip game . . . .

it is amazing. I guess the game he had vs the Falcons and the TD vs the Pack gets over shadowed because BJ couldn't get going vs the best rush defense inthe league

its so annoying how as fans we can't stop living week to week

BeatTHEJETS
01-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Are you kiddin me guys.
They barely even let him play. HIS BLOCKING was awesome. He was our lead back in the first sb. and is gonna explode in the next.

When he has a touchdown in the sb, this thread is worthless. Dont put the big guy down, even if its his last game.

RonJon
01-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Just so happened that Bradshaw was having more success against that 49er front so Coughlin stayed with the hot hand. Jacobs had great game against Atlanta and did well vs. Packers. He'll rebound in the Super Bowl

AllTuckedUp
01-23-2012, 11:49 AM
I like Jacobs. He just needs to be used correctly. You have to get him in a rhythm you can;t just put him in here and there. When he does get to the corner and turns it up field he is a beast. Yesterday he kept getting toe tackled as soon as he rounded the corner. I like BJ. I hope he comes back.

MikeIsaGiant
01-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Are you kiddin me guys.
They barely even let him play. HIS BLOCKING was awesome. He was our lead back in the first sb. and is gonna explode in the next.

When he has a touchdown in the sb, this thread is worthless. Dont put the big guy down, even if its his last game.

You guys are way too sensitive.

This is a forum, we don't tell Jacobs this to his face.

The point of a forum is to talk about the giants right?

All he did was make a statement about next year, which IMO isn't something to get panties in a bunch about.

Raptor22
01-23-2012, 11:51 AM

it is amazing. I guess the game he had vs the Falcons and the TD vs the Pack gets over shadowed because BJ couldn't get going vs the best rush defense inthe league

...with ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH, NO run blocking.

And its not Jacobs' choice to run those plays, its Killdrive's.

Somehow HE thinks Jacobs can run the same plays as Bradshaw with no blocking against the best rush D in the league, on a horrible surface.

(oh, and Jacobs picked up the 1st on the 4th and 1. His elbow hit first, past the 1st down marker, but the ref decided to spot the ball at his knee)

bklyn1028
01-23-2012, 11:51 AM

+1

BeatTHEJETS
01-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Are you kiddin me guys.

You dont call my running back worthless, and then duck when he does good. ITS OUR TEAM DAWGGG. lol

All he did was make a statement about next year, which IMO isn't something to get panties in a bunch about.

Hooligans
01-23-2012, 11:53 AM
He is very inconsistent.* It seems sometimes he is just not that motivated. I have a feeling he will have a good SuperBowl.

I'm sorry but we have to stop "feeling" that BJ can pick up a 3rd and 1.* Every time I see him come in in a short yardage situation, I throw up in my mouth.* I really, really, really don't want to see him on the field.

2 BIG WORDS - MICHAEL BUSH.

Michael Bush IS a free agent and would be a HUGE upgrade over the ballet dancer named Brandon Jacobs. Michael Bush and Ahmad Bradshaw would be a GREAT rushing combination. I, like a previous poster, wonder why the Giants ever let Jacbos run the ball, because he is soft and goes down as soon as anyone touches him. At this point Jacobs is a total waste of money, and he will be let go after the Super Bowl.......not bad as he can retire (noone will want to sign him) with two Super Bowl Rings and a good amount of cash!

BeatTHEJETS
01-23-2012, 11:54 AM
You dont call my running back worthless, and then duck when he does good. ITS OUR TEAM DAWGGG. lol

MikeIsaGiant
Are you kiddin me guys.

You 5 years of age?

I never said he sucked or didn't suck.

I said this should be his last year. He's been good but how much can we take from him? It's time to upgrade and get a younger back, do you want to be the Jets?

Blue daddy
He wasn't even in the game. He needs more then one touch a game get a clue.

lawl
01-23-2012, 11:55 AM

</P>

Hooligans isn't a giants fan.</P>

Period.</P>

JJC7301
01-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Let's see how he does in the SB -- the Pats D is not the SF D. I have a feeling, like most, that this will be his last season with the Giants.

BeatTHEJETS
01-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Jacobs is not old. I would definitely want him back. He is about to win his 2nd sb. What more do u want. HE SCARES DEFenders. I wouldnt want to see him trucking people over on another team.

Kruunch
01-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Congrats to Eli, Victor, Bradhsaw and the rest of the Giants for a fantastic Super Bowl run.......but Brandon Jacobs is a total stiff and has to go. The guy is worthless and not even good for short yardage. Time to cut him loose and bring in a REAL running back to go along with Ahmad Bradshaw.

Congratulations on discovering the word ... FICKLE.

craigjr007
01-23-2012, 11:57 AM
I like Jacobs. He just needs to be used correctly. You have to get him in a rhythm you can;t just put him in here and there. When he does get to the corner and turns it up field he is a beast. Yesterday he kept getting toe tackled as soon as he rounded the corner. I like BJ. I hope he comes back.

THIS THIS THIS !! although...abotu coming back....giants need a rb bad lol, but they deff need to use bradshaw and jacobs better

MikeIsaGiant
01-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Jacobs is not old. I would definitely want him back. He is about to win his 2nd sb. What more do u want. HE SCARES DEFenders. I wouldnt want to see him trucking people over on another team.

Yeah I understand your point, but his knees are shot.

At this point would you get rid of Jacobs and take Michael Bush or a Bush type player? He's an upgrade, come on....

G-Men Surg.
01-23-2012, 11:58 AM

Agree. Its never going to change . Week to week you go from hero to villaIn . For somenfans theres really no objectivity or analysis.

BeatTHEJETS
01-23-2012, 11:59 AM
We dont need an upgrade at Rb.
Lets sign jacobs and improve our LBS and our OLine

lawl
01-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Guys, you have to realize that Hooligans is simply not a Giants fan.</P>

He is a guy that gets his kicks by posing a Giants fan and trying to get people riled up. </P>

I'll say it again like I do in all of his threads. </P>

</P>

Hooligans is not a Giants fan.</P>

lawl
01-23-2012, 12:00 PM
We dont need an upgrade at Rb. Lets sign jacobs and improve our LBS and our OLine</P>

jacobs isnt a free agent </P>

NWKEffectElement
01-23-2012, 12:00 PM

+1
If he will take a paycut I want him back next year.

BeatTHEJETS
01-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Watev.

Lets JUST ENJOY THIS WEEK.
Enjoy the team we have.
I know Jacobs is gonna f up some PATS come Superbowl time. Ground and pound will be back.

BigBlueFanNJ
01-23-2012, 12:03 PM
I feel Jacob's play is as erratic as his temprement! you never know what your gonna get with him.

but that being said I feel KG has stunted his abilty some this is a game that was supposed to be physical and jacobs does not start! how about giving the guys about 10-15 carries. I mean how many times did he even touch the ball maybe 5

KG does not know how to run the ball because he never commits to it.

AB makes plays with his legs almost never gets yards following the design of the play. always a cutback or slick move.

I bet if Jacobs goes to another team he has easily a 1200 yard season.

JimC
01-23-2012, 12:04 PM

I'm going to disagree with you here....I do not believe he scares anyone. Everyone should know by now to just "touch" his feet and he falls down.

Vtgmenfan89
01-23-2012, 12:04 PM
He had like 4 or 5 carries.....Giants knew they weren't going to be able to run it consistently on the niners D which allowed ONE rushing td all year...I expect Jacobs and AB to both be more equally involved in the Super Bowl and both I think will have some big plays on the Pats porous D

MikeIsaGiant
01-23-2012, 12:09 PM
I feel Jacob's play is as erratic as his temprement! you never know what your gonna get with him.

but that being said I feel KG has stunted his abilty some this is a game that was supposed to be physical and jacobs does not start! how about giving the guys about 10-15 carries. I mean how many times did he even touch the ball maybe 5

KG does not know how to run the ball because he never commits to it.

AB makes plays with his legs almost never gets yards following the design of the play. always a cutback or slick move.

I bet if Jacobs goes to another team he has easily a 1200 yard season.

I think you're over exaggerating the 1200 yard season

BillTheGreek
01-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Run Brandon ! Run Brandon ! Run Brandon ! run on the outside not in the middle. We still Love you ......but you have to listen to your Uncle Sam.
OK Brandon you have one more chance to show them what you can do.it"s the last chance !......Remember outside

DJloves
01-23-2012, 12:35 PM
I hate this thread so much. We just won the NFCCG and there's a thread hating on one of our players who helped keep the dream alive. Ugh.

paul007
01-23-2012, 12:44 PM
The criticism for BJ is not fair. He blocks well and plays well. 49er D was very good!

Meanhothead
01-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Our Clydesdale RB wasn't going to be successful in the mud against the #1 run defense in the league. It isn't in his skill set.

It's why Bradshaw got the start and was out there more. Brandon was giving Ahmad a breathier. They weren't going 50/50 like the usually do.

But on the turf in Indy . . . Brandon will be mowing people over.

He needs the fast track to be successful.

Wanting him gone because of yesterday is moronic.

Joe Morrison
01-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Take your thread and stick it where the sun doesn't shine, no time for this, BJ going to the superbowl and you're sitting home typing!

Marvelousmik
01-23-2012, 01:11 PM

+1

GreenZone
01-23-2012, 01:23 PM
but Brandon Jacobs is a total stiff and has to go. The guy is worthless...

This is the kind of fan, the kind of post which equals the same trashing of Coughlin, Manning, and every player who doesn't perform up to someone's expectation from game to game every game through every season.

It's as if there were no quality players who ever make any plays on the other side of the ball. It's like the poster wants to separate himself as being the one genius here who has superior vision that knows this one player is ruining his life.

Quite sad that this never ends, someone who thinks they are so much smarter than anyone else out there, who sees what no one else can see.

This post reminds me exactly of the Monday after week two in 2007, same vitriol that some people have a need to spew which says something about their own life and its direction more than the (fill in the player) of which is being trashed/dumped.

And finally, these brilliant fans never take into account the injuries that hamper players from performing that "fans" will never know about.

It's obvious that even though every fan has the ability to participate in the "all in" philosophy of team, which in part, means don't trash players, some, even still are clueless.

Wake up, going to the extreme of trashing a player into extinction doesn't make you smart, wise or a better football analyst. It makes you seem like someone who would give up easily in your own life when things got a little tough.

BillTheGreek
01-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Our Clydesdale RB wasn't going to be successful in the mud against the #1 run defense in the league. It isn't in his skill set.

It's why Bradshaw got the start and was out there more. Brandon was giving Ahmad a breathier. They weren't going 50/50 like the usually do.

But on the turf in Indy . . . Brandon will be mowing people over.

He needs the fast track to be successful.

Wanting him gone because of yesterday is moronic.
Your Right.........I say Run Bradon , Run......He's the only RB that it takes 3 guys to stop him..Mark my words.Watch him when he Runs on the outside !

NYGFaninILL
01-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Brandon Jacobs has averaged 5 yards a carry in the postseason

CA Jints Fan
01-23-2012, 01:56 PM
It's amazing to me that someone would start a thread like this the day after we win the NFC Championsip game . . . . I agree with you...silly that this is a subject when SB is two weeks away....

BillTheGreek
01-23-2012, 02:03 PM
FOR THE NON BELIVERS ,Jacobs will prove every one wrong ! HE WILL RUN ON THE OUTSIDE LIKE A MACK TRUCK, OR BETTER YET LIKE A BUS WITH SOME PATRIOTS UNDER IT.++++ RUN BRANDON, RUN ! The ony thing Forest Gump is wearing Bradshaw's Jersey number 44 is that an OMEN , will it be #44 or #27 or Both !

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzmtVEHTZGY&feature=related

RCJINTS
01-23-2012, 02:04 PM
I agree - he should go... we need a better Big Back.

rebelfan1966
01-23-2012, 02:04 PM
Everytime I get to the point where I am about to write off Brandon, he has a monster game. On that 4th &amp; 1 play, I thought we got a bad spot.

Diamondring
01-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Some players at the O-line may not be back.

bflo23
01-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Everytime I get to the point where I am about to write off Brandon, he has a monster game. On that 4th &amp; 1 play, I thought we got a bad spot.

The ball was on the 1st down yellow line and Jacobs's knee never hit the ground before the ball made it to the line. It was as bad as the DJ Ware spot vs the Packers.

RCJINTS
01-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Everytime I get to the point where I am about to write off* Brandon, he has a monster game. On that 4th & 1 play, I thought we got a bad spot.

The ball was on the 1st down yellow line and Jacobs's knee never hit the ground before the ball made it to the line. It was as bad as the DJ Ware spot vs the Packers.

or when we got robbed of that fumble recovery with the packers - or the Osi roughing the passer call. The Giants should have killed the Packers - They were helped by the refs.

Scarfacee71
01-23-2012, 02:21 PM

...with ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH, NO run blocking.

And its not Jacobs' choice to run those plays, its Killdrive's.

Somehow HE thinks Jacobs can run the same plays as Bradshaw with no blocking against the best rush D in the league, on a horrible surface.

(oh, and Jacobs picked up the 1st on the 4th and 1. His elbow hit first, past the 1st down marker, but the ref decided to spot the ball at his knee)

This.

Makes me sick.

Scarfacee71
01-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Just because you're big doesn't make you a short yardage back.

He is a good running back in regular situations. If only they'd give the man some carries.

ten280
01-23-2012, 02:31 PM

X2

NYSPORTS
01-23-2012, 02:35 PM
If he ran with his knees high he could be one of the best in the NFL.

Doesn't run with his knees high. He doesn't get tackled, he gets tripped up.

Roosevelt
01-23-2012, 02:36 PM

Exactly.

RCJINTS
01-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Everytime he gets the ball - I feel we're going nowhere - 7 out of 10 times I'm right. I don't belive the swipes at Eli after this win.... Thats what I don't belive.

embeshAtYa
01-23-2012, 02:54 PM
Id rather Jacobs in there than Ware. I dont understand how Ware gets the amount of plays he gets. I feel like when he gets the ball, he is gona get another concussion and loose the ball. And blocking isnt even a question. Jacobs lights guys up when he picks up blocks. I dont get it.

But I will say Im in no way understanding how Jacobs still to this day hasnt figured out how to put his head down and drive. fall forward for 7 or 8 yards on every carry. Instead does his ron dayne studderstep and takes a loss.

ryan12
01-23-2012, 02:59 PM

yeah im thinking same thing were going to the superbowl and we still have negative threads

BillTheGreek
01-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Id rather Jacobs in there than Ware. I dont understand how Ware gets the amount of plays he gets. I feel like when he gets the ball, he is gona get another concussion and loose the ball. And blocking isnt even a question. Jacobs lights guys up when he picks up blocks. I dont get it.

But I will say Im in no way understanding how Jacobs still to this day hasnt figured out how to put his head down and drive. fall forward for 7 or 8 yards on every carry. Instead does his ron dayne studderstep and takes a loss.

Jacobs has to run on the OUT SIDE.....Run Brandon, Run......He will show us on SB Sunday, what he can do !
.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzmtVEHTZGY&feature=related

embeshAtYa
01-23-2012, 03:08 PM
still. when he is inside, he doesnt understand he is 6f5 260lbs

RoanokeFan
01-23-2012, 03:12 PM

+1 He's the one current player who clearly bleeds blue. No, that doesn't mean he gets to stay, but if we can't cut him some slack after a game like yesterday....

Diamondring
01-23-2012, 03:14 PM
still. when he is inside, he doesnt understand he is 6f5 260lbsHe understands that he is tall and they go for his legs. One good hit and it is over for him.

Hate_it_or_love_it
01-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Brandon Jacobs is a beast. This is an idiotic post. You forget the TD on the packers? Or the 4th and 1 conversion against the Flopcons. Do you remember how he ignited the Giants O when Bradshaw was hurt? He helped us to get where we are as much as anyone else on the time. When the team needed him most he was there.

IMHO he just doesn't get enough touches. This is why he seems so inconsistent. Also last night is a bad game to judge him on. The Giant O-Line couldn't block anyone. on pass or rush. We cannot block like that and expect to win this time around, unless Eli has more tricks up his sleeve...which is a HUGE possibility.

OrangeGiant
01-23-2012, 03:16 PM
I don't know, maybe it's me, but I think we just played the best rushing defense in the NFL yesterday? It wasn't like Bradshaw was tearing it up either other than a few keys runs late. </P>

Now Jacob's may be finished as a Giant after this year, but not because of yesterday. </P>

Ruttiger711
01-23-2012, 03:18 PM
I don't know, maybe it's me, but I think we just played the best rushing defense in the NFL yesterday? It wasn't like Bradshaw was tearing it up either other than a few keys runs late. </P>

Now Jacob's may be finished as a Giant after this year, but not because of yesterday. </P>

</P>

+1 - its not just you.... people are just itching to knock this guy down and i dont get it.... his value to this team is enormous. </P>

JMGGIANTS
01-23-2012, 03:23 PM
It's amazing to me that someone would start a thread like this the day after we win the NFC Championsip game . . . .</P>

That's what I am talking about. Go figure but they remind me of the Father whose Son can never meet his expectations.</P>

Jiffy Jeff
01-23-2012, 03:25 PM

Thank you.

MikeIsaGiant
01-23-2012, 03:47 PM

</P>

+1 - its not just you.... people are just itching to knock this guy down and i dont get it.... his value to this team is enormous.* </P>

I don't even think many people are knocking jacobs because of yesterday, I think most people just think he is done as a RB and that in the offseason we can upgrade at the 2nd back who can split carries with AB more efficiently

BlueSanta
01-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Yesterday has nothing to do with why he wont be here next year.

He is due $4.5 million for next year. That just isnt going to happen.

radar-ray
01-23-2012, 04:25 PM
What needs upgrading is the OL. Baas stinks, Mac got beat like a drum, and the whole line in it's current form get NO push in run blocking. Let's not mention them trying to get Eli killed.