PDA

View Full Version : Absurd comments on ESPN.com by 9ers fans, win was "gift-wrapped"...

Raffi
01-23-2012, 10:46 AM
I guess when a team wins under extraordinary circumstances (special teams, OT, etc), the losing team has a hard time dealing with it. The comments on ESPN.com are really amusing, the 9ers fans trying to justify the loss saying it was gift-wrapped, just given to us, blown calls, yada, yada.... a win is a win, and the Giants outplayed the 9ers until the end, end of story

http://espn.go.com/newyork/conversations/_/id/7492155/2012-nfl-playoffs-new-york-giants-take-familair-path-super-bowl

M0rbid
01-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Did they forget how many blatant holding calls their Oline got away with? This is why our pass rush was nonexistent in the first half.

Mark444
01-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Ive been on those conversations all season, you cant expect expert analysis there

Markroman
01-23-2012, 10:50 AM
49er defense benefitted alot from the weather.

Giants strength is their passing game and our receivers could not get traction and get open because it was hard to cut. Eli had to hold on longer and got punished.

49ers had their chances irregardless of the fumbles with all the Giant penalties.

Why are the Giants seemingly the only team that gets called for holds on running plays???

TuckYou
01-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Did they forget how many blatant holding calls they got away with?
</P>

They dont see those... They are looking at Alex Smith while we are looking at our pass rush. JPP was held bad on a few of them. No calls. </P>

Alex Smith is fast as hell though, so is Vernon Davis.</P>

Imagine what we would be like if we lost to GB with all those horrible calls against us... It would of been crazy. </P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Who cares what they say? Their opinion doesn't matter, the game is over

CTLadyBlue
01-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Where's the outcry from the Ravens fans about the Pats win being 'giftwrapped'? If not for that sure TD which was boinked out of the receivers hand and the missed FG to tie the game, we very well could've been facing the Ravens. How come other teams 'pull it out and hang on' while we 'get lucky;?'

I'm so sick of this!

JesseJames
01-23-2012, 10:55 AM
how can anybody complain about the Giants winning because of bad calls, for Gods sake the Giants are the poster boys for getting bad calls.

jhamburg
01-23-2012, 10:55 AM
I really liked the way the same was called. There were a few ticky-tack pass interference calls that could have been made, some holding calls, but the refs let them play for the most part.

BigBlue1971
01-23-2012, 10:57 AM
these people are just haters. they dont want torecognize a better team in all facets thats their problem.</P>

a win is a win. nothing was given to the Giants, they took the ball away, thats the objective of the game. </P>

theyve all got next year to wait for.</P>

aMies
01-23-2012, 10:58 AM
We lost in the penalties line and the only reason the 49ers had 6 penalties was because of stupid plays like jumping on the back of Deon Grant during a skirmish or standing on a camera box like its the WWE...

They really didn't have any calls against them due to their play, just stupidity.

Harooni
01-23-2012, 11:02 AM
All I heard was the punt returner turned it over twice and that Eli threw 2 give me ints they collided and missed out on. No credit given to our team at all.

Sour grapes I think

Morehead State
01-23-2012, 11:03 AM
I guess when a team wins under extraordinary circumstances (special teams, OT, etc), the losing team has a hard time dealing with it. The comments on ESPN.com are really amusing, the 9ers fans trying to justify the loss saying it was gift-wrapped, just given to us, blown calls, yada, yada.... a win is a win, and the Giants outplayed the 9ers until the end, end of story

http://espn.go.com/newyork/conversations/_/id/7492155/2012-nfl-playoffs-new-york-giants-take-familair-path-super-bowl
</P>

We had...</P>

More yards</P>

More first downs</P>

ten more minutes of time of possession</P>

Better third down performance (by a lot)</P>

Fewer turnovers (2 for them, none for us)</P>

How was this game giftwrapped?</P>

We were simply the better team on the field yesterday.</P>

YATittle1962
01-23-2012, 11:06 AM
All I heard was the punt returner turned it over twice and that Eli threw 2 give me ints they collided and missed out on. No credit given to our team at all.

Sour grapes I think

yeah all ive heard is cheap turn overs.......kinda funny coming from fans of a team that made a living on getting turnovers this season

havent heard them say a thing about 1-13 on 3rd down

every analyst and fan was saying the same thing coming into this game........the team that makes less mistakes wins the game

guess what happened

GfieldGmen
01-23-2012, 11:09 AM
9ers were allowed to play a physical as they wanted but the Giants weren't allowed to be as physical as the 9ers for some reason.

dsd28
01-23-2012, 11:11 AM
bummer

Morehead State
01-23-2012, 11:12 AM
All I heard was the punt returner turned it over twice and that Eli threw 2 give me ints they collided and missed out on. No credit given to our team at all. Sour grapes I think yeah all ive heard is cheap turn overs.......kinda funny coming from fans of a team that made a living on getting turnovers this season havent heard them say a thing about 1-13 on 3rd down every analyst and fan was saying the same thing coming into this game........the team that makes less mistakes wins the game guess what happened</P>

Playing 60 minutes plus overtime in that slop against a defense that specializes in creating turnovers, and NOT turning the ball over wasn't luck.</P>

Thats just good football.</P>

Harooni
01-23-2012, 11:12 AM

Sour grapes I think

yeah all ive heard is cheap turn overs.......kinda funny coming from fans of a team that made a living on getting turnovers this season

havent heard them say a thing about 1-13 on 3rd down

every analyst and fan was saying the same thing coming into this game........the team that makes less mistakes wins the game

guess what happened yeah good point. They won many games by winning the turnover battle.

Raffi
01-23-2012, 11:13 AM

</p>

We had...</p>

More yards</p>

More first downs</p>

ten more minutes of time of possession</p>

Better third down performance (by a lot)</p>

Fewer turnovers (2 for them, none for us)</p>

How was this game giftwrapped?</p>

We were simply the better team on the field yesterday.</p>

great point,

Dorothy
01-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Who cares what they say? Their opinion doesn't matter, the game is over

AMEN

GOOOOOO GIANTS

nygsb42champs
01-23-2012, 11:17 AM
They had many chances they just did not make the plays, plain and simple.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-23-2012, 11:18 AM
It was a win... wasn't it?

Markroman
01-23-2012, 11:19 AM
49ers will have a much heavier schedule next year. Lets not forget they benefitted from 6 gimme games in their division which gave them the no.2 seed.

That won't happen next year.

Tony Bruno

</P>

We had...</P>

More yards</P>

More first downs</P>

ten more minutes of time of possession</P>

Better third down performance (by a lot)</P>

Fewer turnovers (2 for them, none for us)</P>

How was this game giftwrapped?</P>

We were simply the better team on the field yesterday.</P>

Agreed!!!

Gianthunter
This is what kills me. They will crow over a strip-sack. But Williams strips the ball from the returner and it's merely a fumble?[:^)]

stormblue
01-23-2012, 11:27 AM
scoreboard.

and ( as pointed out intensely by Metallica )

"nothing else matters "

threenout
01-23-2012, 11:28 AM
winners tell jokes and losers say deal he cards

M0rbid
01-23-2012, 11:30 AM
9ers were allowed to play a physical as they wanted but the Giants weren't allowed to be as physical as the 9ers for some reason.

This has been going on since Fassell era. These officials must think Giants defense have some bad reputation or something.

hadenough
01-23-2012, 11:31 AM

What are they saying about Vernon Davis stepping out of bounds on his TD??

CTLadyBlue
01-23-2012, 11:37 AM
All I heard was the punt returner turned it over twice and that Eli threw 2 give me ints they collided and missed out on. No credit given to our team at all. Sour grapes I think yeah all ive heard is cheap turn overs.......kinda funny coming from fans of a team that made a living on getting turnovers this season havent heard them say a thing about 1-13 on 3rd down every analyst and fan was saying the same thing coming into this game........the team that makes less mistakes wins the game guess what happened</P>

Playing 60 minutes plus overtime in that slop against a defense that specializes in creating turnovers, and NOT turning the ball over wasn't luck.</P>

THIS times 1,000!

Husky
01-23-2012, 11:55 AM
LOL How does that taste Mooch?

giantsfan420
01-23-2012, 12:02 PM
there was luck, the 9ERS WERE LUCKY WHEN OSI LET THAT FUMBLE EARLY GO THRU HIS ARMS.

that was the only lucky break i saw and it went to the 9ers. everything else was either a mistake by williams or a great play by jwill.

how is it luck when our player strips there player?

they also were breaking nfl rules with some of the hits. u are not allowed to jump into the qb wrap up his arms and drive down which is what happened on that one nasty hit.

the giants EARNED a victory. if the 9ers won, it would have been bc of luck. those vernon davis plays were huge luck plays esp. the one he stepped out of bounds.

alex smith when 12-29 for 185. gore had like 40 yards rushing. they got one fumble back. they were lucky to even be in it.

1 for 13 on 3rd downs. they were lucky the weather was hurting our wr's getting in and out of breaks.

9er fans cant admit the giants are better than them

yoeddy
01-23-2012, 12:49 PM

If they wanted to win, they shouldn't have gift-wrapped it.

Diamondring
01-23-2012, 12:59 PM
there was luck, the 9ERS WERE LUCKY WHEN OSI LET THAT FUMBLE EARLY GO THRU HIS ARMS.

that was the only lucky break i saw and it went to the 9ers. everything else was either a mistake by williams or a great play by jwill.

how is it luck when our player strips there player?

they also were breaking nfl rules with some of the hits. u are not allowed to jump into the qb wrap up his arms and drive down which is what happened on that one nasty hit.

the giants EARNED a victory. if the 9ers won, it would have been bc of luck. those vernon davis plays were huge luck plays esp. the one he stepped out of bounds.

alex smith when 12-29 for 185. gore had like 40 yards rushing. they got one fumble back. they were lucky to even be in it.

1 for 13 on 3rd downs. they were lucky the weather was hurting our wr's getting in and out of breaks.

9er fans cant admit the giants are better than them+1

jhamburg
01-23-2012, 01:04 PM

THIS times 1,000!

Well let's be honest...we didn't have 0 turnovers because Eli threw 0 balls that could have been easily intercepted...