PDA

View Full Version : 49ers Playcalling

Markroman
01-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Watched game with a devout 49er fan. Told him the 49er play calling from the 4th quarter on cost them a chance to win.

For some reason they seemed intent to put the game on Smith's throwing arm instead of Gore running. Giants run defense is still an issue and was last night. Smith aside from two plays was terrible.

If I were 49er fan, yes, you can blame Williams but, look at the coaching as well. Harbaugh became impatient with his play calling.

BigBlueFanNJ
01-23-2012, 11:08 AM
I tell you what that Gore can certainly move a pile... i seen a number of times where he got 3 to 4 extra yards with two or three giants on him.

that was some game!!!

G-Man67
01-23-2012, 11:11 AM
so we won b/c of the coach of the year's playcalling ... another interesting angle !!

MikeIsaGiant
01-23-2012, 11:13 AM
so we won b/c of the coach of the year's playcalling ... another interesting angle !!

OUT COACHED.

Markroman
01-23-2012, 11:15 AM
I just thought the 49ers were impatient on offense. Smith is a game manager and they took the ball out of Gore's hands.

The 49ers defense saved them and damn poor pass blocking by Giants was all that kept the game close.

chuckedafter5yards
01-23-2012, 09:50 PM
The 49ers offense can't cut it, Smith is awful. Gore is the answer- really how many TDs did he score? Their red zone offense is just bad, they can't stretch the field and down in the red zone those stupid unbalanced line plays fizzle. If the refs see Davis step out of bounds at the 30 yard line- know what they do? They kick a field goal, they don't execute well. Smith completed 43% of his passes, and how many of those were dump offs? It's like watching high school football.

CDN_G-FAN
01-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Watched game with a devout 49er fan. Told him the 49er play calling from the 4th quarter on cost them a chance to win.

For some reason they seemed intent to put the game on Smith's throwing arm instead of Gore running. Giants run defense is still an issue and was last night. Smith aside from two plays was terrible.

If I were 49er fan, yes, you can blame Williams but, look at the coaching as well. Harbaugh became impatient with his play calling.

i'm surprised more analysts aren't noticing this.

his back is averaging 4.6 yards and everything they call is a pass.

i just don't get it.

i was watching when they had under 2 minutes left on the clock and they throw the ball 3 times and only take 18 seconds off the clock and hand the ball to eli with his reputation.

i was standing yelling here comes Gore, and not one running play.

i just sat there with my mouth opening thinking, "thanks for not watching the same game i've been watching Harbaugh". Please keep putting the game in smith's hands.

Ruttiger711
01-23-2012, 10:15 PM

i'm surprised more analysts aren't noticing this.

his back is averaging 4.6 yards and everything they call is a pass.

i just don't get it.

i was watching when they had under 2 minutes left on the clock and they throw the ball 3 times and only take 18 seconds off the clock and hand the ball to eli with his reputation.

i was standing yelling here comes Gore, and not one running play.

i just sat there with my mouth opening thinking, "thanks for not watching the same game i've been watching Harbaugh". Please keep putting the game in smith's hands.

Same here, they stopped playing the Giants and were trying to force what happened the week before with N.O.