PDA

View Full Version : Dominant "all in" defense eventually won the game, not luck

GreenZone
01-23-2012, 01:02 PM
For all those who think luck played a part, it was the Giants defense absolute domination in the stretch run which was able to shut down the 49ers that brought home a victory.

The Giant D rose up to meet and surpass the dominating second half performance by the 49er defense. All of a sudden, the Giant defensive line was no longer going to be denied and the defensive backs went into lockdown mode.

Quite impressive, what this "all in" philosophy translates into on the field. When the offense can't punch through, the defense comes to life. Fabulous.

They ended up making Alex Smith look like a rookie out there.

PatsFanNH
01-23-2012, 01:05 PM
While I don't think Luck had anything to do with it, I think saying YOUR D was the reason also wrong, want credit anyone credit the special teams for coming up with the turnover otherwise you may still be playing that game with the way BOTH D were playing.

GreenZone
01-23-2012, 01:12 PM
While I don't think Luck had anything to do with it, I think saying YOUR D was the reason also wrong, want credit anyone credit the special teams for coming up with the turnover otherwise you may still be playing that game with the way BOTH D were playing.

Good point! The game might still be getting played right now. But it is the mistake that eventually defines any game, whether it's a slip up by a defensive coverage, etc. But it's also a good play by the opponent, such as stripping out a ball at a key moment.