PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Ross...Does he seem to be stepping up?

CA Jints Fan
01-23-2012, 01:12 PM
AR has been flying below the radar over the past months..Not getting burned, playing with a confidence and swagger that I have never noticed through the years

I think his play has been a big help to the defensive back field success and helping to solidify the collective unit. Don't get me wrong that he is the main reason but a big help nonetheless.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-23-2012, 01:14 PM
He played great in the playoffs in '07 too. He has been solid the last few weeks. This might be the second time in his career that he's been healthy, the other being his rookie season.

G-Man67
01-23-2012, 01:17 PM
he's done a great job ... he's been targetted by just about every team/QB that we have played this season due to Webby being so solid

and think about it ... coming into the season, he was pretty much 4th in the pecking order

C-Web

TT

The Prince

Ross

all things considered, he held up great in the end and stayed healthy, which was extremely important, since we were very thin at CB ... Thomas IR, Tryon IR

slipknottin
01-23-2012, 01:18 PM
im at the point where im almost willing to resign him for a couple seasons at a modest price.

he really turned it around this year.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-23-2012, 01:19 PM
His PR was good yesterday. Just fall down so you don't fumble like Kyle Williams.

TuckYou
01-23-2012, 01:21 PM
Eh, he did ok. He got turned around on that one play where he was flagged for illegal contact to the head off the line. He looked lost on that one. </P>

Not horrible though. </P>

embeshAtYa
01-23-2012, 01:32 PM
I dont regret drafting him one bit

Redeyejedi
01-23-2012, 01:36 PM
im at the point where im almost willing to resign him for a couple seasons at a modest price.

he really turned it around this year.It all depends on money with him.He is certainly worth keeping around if he is willing to take Nickel corner money.Who knows what will happen to TT. This is coming from 1 of the biggest Ross bashers of them all at well.

TrueBlue07
01-23-2012, 01:39 PM
He stepped up huge on that bonehead 3rd and 15 illegal contact 5 yards &amp; a first down penalty.

SF's passing game is a joke. I think yesterdays performance is more of a reflection on them than Ross.

scf424
01-23-2012, 01:40 PM
He has improved his consistency over the season. Sure, he has had a few mental lapses, but he doesn't seem to be getting beat EVERY game 3-4 times as he was earlier.

Our secondary is playing very tight, and aside from the two Vernon Davis touchdowns, played EXTREMELY well.

SF's receivers held to 1 catch all game? On a little 3 yard flat route? I'll take that.

giantsfan420
01-23-2012, 01:43 PM
He stepped up huge on that bonehead 3rd and 15 illegal contact 5 yards & a first down penalty.

SF's passing game is a joke.* I think yesterdays performance is more of a reflection on them than Ross.

that was the biggest bs penalty of the night imo. he jammed the wr within 5 yards, the wr fell down so its a penalty? really? there was nothing illegal about that AT ALL

simms56
01-23-2012, 01:44 PM
I haven't noticed our corners much the last few weeks and that is a good thing. SF has about the worst WR passing game I have ever seen from a team that got that far, even going back to the 70's.

Kruunch
01-23-2012, 01:45 PM
AR has been flying below the radar over the past months..Not getting burned, playing with a confidence and swagger that I have never noticed through the years

I think his play has been a big help to the defensive back field success and helping to solidify the collective unit. Don't get me wrong that he is the main reason but a big help nonetheless.

If I never saw Ross in a Giants uniform again, I'd die a happy Giants fan.

TrueBlue07
01-23-2012, 01:45 PM
He stepped up huge on that bonehead 3rd and 15 illegal contact 5 yards &amp; a first down penalty.

SF's passing game is a joke. I think yesterdays performance is more of a reflection on them than Ross.

that was the biggest bs penalty of the night imo. he jammed the wr within 5 yards, the wr fell down so its a penalty? really? there was nothing illegal about that AT ALL

In all honesty I am very hard on Ross, he had a good game yesterday, the whole team did but by letter of the rule, that was a penalty. You cant jam the WR in the face off the line, which he clearly did

nygsb42champs
01-23-2012, 01:47 PM
He has been playing very well this post season.

slipknottin
01-23-2012, 01:50 PM
He stepped up huge on that bonehead 3rd and 15 illegal contact 5 yards & a first down penalty.

SF's passing game is a joke.* I think yesterdays performance is more of a reflection on them than Ross.

wasent just this game. All playoffs hes played really well. Julio Jones and Roddy White did nothing, and against the packers he played extremely well.

CA Jints Fan
01-23-2012, 02:10 PM

he really turned it around this year. Reese will have to consider resigning him. Who knows what will happen with TT

Ruttiger711
01-23-2012, 02:28 PM
im at the point where im almost willing to resign him for a couple seasons at a modest price. he really turned it around this year. Reese will have to consider resigning him. Who knows what will happen with TT</P>

Amazing... because Ross was really playing himself to be cut in the game TT got hurt.. i think he was as good as gone- he was AWFUL... good for you Ross... and good for the GMEN.</P>

JJC7301
01-23-2012, 02:31 PM
He played great in the playoffs in '07 too. He has been solid the last few weeks. This might be the second time in his career that he's been healthy, the other being his rookie season.</P>

I think you're right. He had a very solid entire year, his rookie year of '07. He's been healthy this year and has played better and better as the season went along. Plus, those extra study sessions with the rest of the secondary hasn't hurt either, I'm sure.</P>

Blue daddy
01-23-2012, 02:32 PM
I think it's a product of the whole Def playing better.

Zaggs
01-23-2012, 02:46 PM

But how was that not in 5 yards?

Albrecht77
01-23-2012, 02:47 PM
He seems to be playing better down the streatch, I still get nervous watching him in coverage though.

TrueBlue07
01-23-2012, 02:48 PM

I'm not following? Do you mean the contact was beyond 5 yards of the LOS?

Either way it would be a penalty, but the contact was right off the line. It looked pretty clear to me.

scf424
01-23-2012, 02:56 PM

I'm not following? Do you mean the contact was beyond 5 yards of the LOS?

Either way it would be a penalty, but the contact was right off the line.* It looked pretty clear to me.

I don't think he understands that regardless of whether it's within 5 yards or not, hands to the face will still draw a flag.

T-Murda84
01-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Ross played better than I thought he would when Thomas got hurt. Is that a great thing? not really considering how much we invested in the secondary. I wanted Joe Staley as our Left Tackle that year, but we decided to choose Aaron Ross. I understand the pick tho, because this was before Webster became a good starter...before we drafted Ross, Webster was looking like a bust. So I do understand why we picked Ross, I just wanted Staley tho.