PDA

View Full Version : Better NFC Championship performance Plax's vs Packers D or Cruz vs 49ers D?

nyknstill!
01-23-2012, 01:36 PM
This is a tough one, I know we played the NFC Championship game in artic freeze conditions. And the Packers D, Al Harris was a pro bowler, but was Plax ever defended like Cruz was last night? A defense that tight? I'm not taking away from either, but am I wrong to think Cruz was that much better. He broke a Giants playoff record last night vs a pro bowl defense that was pretty much playing double coverage all night.

giantsfan420
01-23-2012, 01:40 PM
This is a tough one, I know we played the NFC Championship game in artic freeze conditions. And the Packers D, Al Harris was a pro bowler, but was Plax ever defended like Cruz was last night? A defense that tight? I'm not taking away from either, but am I wrong to think Cruz was that much better. He broke a Giants playoff record last night vs a pro bowl defense that was pretty much playing double coverage all night.

both performances were amazing. BUT i have to give the slight edge to cruz. and it is really slight. 9er defense was better than GB defense. GB ran a man v man d concept while SF ran a whole slew of coverages. Cruz made his catches over the middle where Plex had success 1v1 on the outside.

like i said both performances were amazing but i really have to give the slight edge to cruz

nyknstill!
01-23-2012, 01:55 PM
And I don't ever want to disrespect Plax, he was amazing 2007 in GreenBay. Harris was undressed. But Victor Cruz made Carlos Rogers, thier MLB, Brown, etc. he made them look like a regular D. When he was in that slot he took them everywhere.

nygsb42champs
01-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Cruuuuuuz!!

ryan12
01-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Cruuuuuuz!!

agreed

MikeIsaGiant
01-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Cruz without a doubt

Providence
01-23-2012, 02:23 PM
What Cruz did last night was great, but I have to go with Plax. Plax did it the entire game, not just the first half.

This is certainly taking nothing away from Cruz, but pound for pound what Plax did in the championship game against GB carried more weight.

GiantsFan27
01-23-2012, 02:28 PM
cruz did more as far as stats go.

but plax physically ABUSED one of the best corners so i'll have to go with plax.

but who cares really? we're in the super bowl!

(god i love saying that)

JJC7301
01-23-2012, 02:30 PM
I'll go with Plax in '07. The guy was playing injured and still had the game of his career.

Mark444
01-23-2012, 02:33 PM
I'll go with Plax in '07. The guy was playing injured and still had the game of his career.

IM gonna go wit Plax, no one thougt either team would ave a passing game in that team, Plax was HUGE.