PDA

View Full Version : Merril Hodge said if Giants win the sb Eli is better than Peyton.

BeatTHEJETS
01-23-2012, 01:38 PM
As much as i love Eli and am a die hard giants fan, that comment is so false.

Peyton may be one of the best qbs ever to live, or top 3 of all time.

Not saying Eli will never get there, i think he will be up their by the end of his career and maybe better with Peyton which is a HuGE acomplishment, but he has a long ways to go..

GCGiant
01-23-2012, 01:50 PM
BS. They are brothers...how much better can Peyton realistically be?

Who you play for...who is around you...who is your coach...who is your GM...who is your owner...where do you play?

So many variables it is impossible for anyone to say.

nygsb42champs
01-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Another useless statement by a ESPN employee.

SweetZombieJesus
01-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Can't they be different flavors of "really good"?

Kruunch
01-23-2012, 01:59 PM

Not saying Eli will never get there, i think he will be up their by the end of his career and maybe better with Peyton which is a HuGE acomplishment, but he has a long ways to go..

You do realize Eli has a better passer rating and win percentage in the post season than Peyton right?

If the Gmen win the Superbowl this year, he'll also have more SB wins.

I'd say that puts him in the same conversation as Peyton and statistically (team wise) better.

Both guide their offenses amazingly well ... Peyton is more prolific (which is why he'll always be considered better).

burier
01-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Merril Hodge said Eli Manning was a TOP 15 quarterback at the begining of THIS SEASON.

We're all just going to have to come to grips with the fact that the people you are letting form your opinion for you don't actually know what they are talking about. If you allow them to tell you what to do you intern will not know what you are talking about.

Do your own analysis, form your own opinion.

Also when Eli wins his second SB in a couple weeks he'll be more prosperous than big brother. Better is anyone's guess but Eli already has contributed alot more lor to world of football than big brother. I'd argue Elis SB win over the underfeated Pats and Tom Brady is greater then Big Brothers win over Rex Grossman.

RagTime Blue
01-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Eli's had a better team and coaches around him than Peyton ever had. And for that, I'm thankful.

Now let's finish.

Gianthunter
01-23-2012, 02:10 PM
No he won't. The Bspn goaline will move back a few yards after we win. It always does.

G-Dawg92
01-23-2012, 02:12 PM
It's a toss up really.

I mean, who's to say Peyton wouldn't have done a better job here than Eli has. The Colts live and die by Peyton's performance as evidenced by their past season.

All I know is that I'm not willing to find out...

Blue daddy
01-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Numbers and rings will determin this in the end.

BeatTHEJETS
01-23-2012, 02:13 PM
how bout we say this.
Eli and Peyton are both un fn believable.
The manning brothers will tear anyone up.

TrueBlue@NYC
01-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Eli is great, amazing and one tough SOB, but even with a 2nd SB he's not better than Peyton.

SBs' are a good measuring stick for QB worth, but it's isn't the only one.

Nothing's wrong with that though, you don't see anyone talking about Terry Bradshaw being better than John Elway just b/c he won more SBs'.

Hodge is a fool.

G-Man67
01-23-2012, 02:57 PM
see i hate that, this is not Eli vs. Peyton ... this is Eli vs. Tom, TC vs. Bill, Cruz vs. Welker, Nicks vs. Gronk, our pass rush vs. their o-line

this Super Bowl should be about Eli and not his brother ... Hodge is just trying to stir it up with a back handed compliment

tdawg1413
01-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Peyton is a better overall QB but Eli is more clutch. If you needed to win a big playoff game, you would take Eli. Not being as good as Peyton does not mean that Eli is not great on his own.

G.I. Ants
01-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Eli handles criticism and pressure much better than Peyton. Other than that Peyton had more of an impact throughout his entire career whereas Eli got better with time.

bashful
01-23-2012, 03:19 PM

Sick of hearing all the comparisons. Total BS. It is where you play and the system you are in and the cards you are dealt. The question is could Peyton, Brady, or Rogers play in our system. Or how would Eli play in there system. I believe he would do better in one of those than they would in ours. Why becuase of the inconsistency with our OC.

TrueBlue10
01-23-2012, 03:24 PM

This is where my opinion lies.

Btw, I think Merril Hodge is more or less a moron when he disses our guys, I still feel the same now.

burier
01-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Here's a question. Right now..today. What did Peyton do that Eli can't do?

calzonesays
01-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Merril has a mancrush on Eli..but I really don't mind because usually ESPN employees always talk down any successful player from NY.

Wes
01-23-2012, 04:50 PM
As much as i love Eli and am a die hard giants fan, that comment is so false. Peyton may be one of the best qbs ever to live, or top 3 of all time. Not saying Eli will never get there, i think he will be up their by the end of his career and maybe better with Peyton which is a HuGE acomplishment, but he has a long ways to go..</P>

</P>

They are both very good. I do think Eli is a little more clutch. They have different styles of leadership. Peyton is a little more in your face...Eli leads by showing guts and resilency. </P>

redjersies
01-23-2012, 06:11 PM
</P>

Good point. I think this is the answer. They are both good in their own ways. They are brothers, so it would not at all be strange if they were almost equal in ability. I think each one has his own strengths. So, in my opinion, Peyton and Eli are equally good in their own way.</P>