PDA

View Full Version : To Blitz or not to Blitz..

bandwgn86
01-23-2012, 01:52 PM
that is the question!</P>

admittedly i am not an X's and O's kinda guy so id like to hear from the D Cordinators out there on how we handle the immortal Tom Brady.. </P>

</P>

lets hear the game plan </P>

</P>

if a similar thread already exists..please delete Mods</P>

</P>

slipknottin
01-23-2012, 01:57 PM
footballoutsiders had the giants as 9th in the league in how often they send 6 or more rushers.

Thought that was interesting considering how often everyone blamed Fewell for not blitzing.

The giants rush 4 63% of the time.

Not sure if these type of things have changed recently. That is overall for the season

G-Man67
01-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Brady is very good against the blitz ... i'm certainly no DC, but my 1st instinct would be to try to get pressure with 4 or 5 at the most

it would be interesting to re-watch the earlier matchup this season

nygsb42champs
01-23-2012, 01:58 PM
We are not a blitz team. I think we will try to get there with our front 4 and once in a while bring a blitz to change up the looks.

slipknottin
01-23-2012, 02:02 PM
We are not a blitz team. .

This is not true!

Gimaniac
01-23-2012, 02:04 PM
Brady will look to get rid of the ball early. He's ascared. Rush 4, play up on the receivers. Occasional blitz.

bandwgn86
01-23-2012, 02:04 PM
footballoutsiders had the giants as 9th in the league in how often they send 6 or more rushers. Thought that was interesting considering how often everyone blamed Fewell for not blitzing. The giants rush 4 63% of the time. Not sure if these type of things have changed recently. That is overall for the seasonWhat do we do vs Brady.. take the blitzing up a notch?

bflo23
01-23-2012, 02:09 PM
Giants don't need to blitz to get pressure on QBs. This is a huge strength for the Giants so they can play their LBs back or double team certain players. If the Giants don't get enough pressure, then they can increase their blitzes but I think the front 4 will put plenty of pressure on Brady.

Mercury
01-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Brady will look to get rid of the ball early. He's ascared. Rush 4, play up on the receivers. Occasional blitz.

Not sure that Brady is "ascared." However, by the end of the game, he will be! [:)]

I agree, rush 4, jam the receivers, especially Welker, to disrupt timing. And blitz occasionally.

burier
01-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Brady is simple. You just have to knock him down and he turns into a shell of himself.

If we can get there fast enough with 4 we bring 4 if not bring 5 if not bring 6

Bring 11 but pressure the QB at all costs. Brady will be a world beater if you give him time but if you pressure him he'll just start chucking the ball to us,

Diamondring
01-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Brady is simple. You just have to knock him down and he turns into a shell of himself.

If we can get there fast enough with 4 we bring 4 if not bring 5 if not bring 6

Bring 11 but pressure the QB at all costs. Brady will be a world beater if you give him time but if you pressure him he'll just start chucking the ball to us,We need to hit him a lot.

Diamondring
01-23-2012, 02:17 PM
We blitz here and there.

Blue daddy
01-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Rush our for ends and everyone else is in coverage until we have to make adjusments also we have to change up coverage or mask our coverage in the secondary.

bandwgn86
01-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Rush our for ends and everyone else is in coverage until we have to make adjusments also we have to change up coverage or mask our coverage in the secondary.i cant wait to see theD-Line play on Indy's fast feild..</P>

</P>

NASCAR FTW!!!!!!</P>

Burgermiesta
01-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Pressure, Pressure and more Pressure. Containment with an in your face approach...

bflo23
01-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Brady is mostly a dink and dunk QB. He can throw it pretty well long but he really doesn't have the long threat WRs like Brees, Rodgers and Eli. It is quick dinks short range to players like Welker and they get YAC. Little short catches to Hernandez and Gronk go for good yards because they break lot of tackles. Most of the plays are up the middle to their TEs doing crossing routes. It has worked for the Patriots.

The Patriots offense didn't work against the Ravens as Brady was horrible. I think the Giants D can throw Brady off his game like the Ravens did to him.