PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to formally apologize to Perry Fewell

pino
01-23-2012, 02:56 PM
The adjustments you have made on defense has really helped this unit play outstanding. Zone is the hardest the play on defense, and can be easily revealed by a smart offense and movement.

I thought early in the season we were struggling with a very complex zone defense, and that Fewell was finished in New York, but that is not the case. I really have to give him props and an apology. He's made this defense a lot less complex, and added Blackburn, who may not be the fastest guy but he doesn't quit and has been playing really good.

Good adjustment for the second half of the Niner game too, although we should have been covering Davis like that when the game started! The run defense tightened up at the end.

Anyways, one more game to go, but no matter what happens I was wrong about Fewell.

ryan12
01-23-2012, 05:43 PM
The adjustments you have made on defense has really helped this unit play outstanding. Zone is the hardest the play on defense, and can be easily revealed by a smart offense and movement.

I thought early in the season we were struggling with a very complex zone defense, and that Fewell was finished in New York, but that is not the case. I really have to give him props and an apology. He's made this defense a lot less complex, and added Blackburn, who may not be the fastest guy but he doesn't quit and has been playing really good.

Good adjustment for the second half of the Niner game too, although we should have been covering Davis like that when the game started! The run defense tightened up at the end.

Anyways, one more game to go, but no matter what happens I was wrong about Fewell.

he def saved his job. good game plans when we needed it the most

G-Man67
01-23-2012, 05:46 PM
you may get your wish though, he is 1 win away from being as hot as a commodity as Spags was back in 2008